Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,750 comments
morning all,

so we currently at 600k triangles :S

im doing textures at the minute but none of the objects have any mapping, what program can i use to map?

ive tried using calculate ao but its coming up empty. so i looked under view mapping and theres no wire mesh.

(sorry if its a newb question im new to this side of things)

View attachment 1114880View attachment 1114881
If your AO generates a black stuff , it means , you don t have any uv on your objects ,

you should first learn UV mapp , how it is make , the logical is like imagine you will build the object in paper ,

first , take one object , project a planar map , to have one uv out of the shell , then cut the uv where it should be , and unfold it , layout it , sort it for this single object and repeat the action for every object , then you group all of them into one shell and sort all the uv on one single map !

here was a video i did if u want , but lot of tutorials on youtube

doing this work will be long and will make your mod stands out of the other mods .... as lot of guys are only doing a dirty automatic mapping which is not giving the quality on any textures or ao !

Hi gents,
New old street car, Alfa Romeo GT V6, 2.5L 160hp, 213Nm, 211 km/h, 5 gears consistent with automobile catalog data:
48243756986_1142d1c95a_b.jpg

https://mega.nz/#!Q8F0lYKI!xv8KupVv7OCU7Ijld5uSYuhD4G_ThlGxoVkNbGlHL9c

Have fun, Mike.
Any chance of a re-upload on this? Looks gorgeous, and i can't seem to find a really good stock GTV6 mod anywhere :)

No
Carrara4 converted/modified those tracks from GP4 and F1C to rFactor/GTR2 long before Automobilista existed.
I personally feel the AMS tracks look/feel much better.
And now it's getting interesting for me. :)
How many tracks from 1988 were converted from AMS?

Old convertions by Carrera4 and Rainmaker, sadly, are too old and no updates can save them much...

Last edited:
Aren't the Automobilista 1988 conversions better anyway? Just asking.
They are! Much more accurate track models. I love your AMS1 conversions of Hockenheim, Jacarepagua, Adelaide and Imola 1988, and I use them regularly. :cheers:
The sponsors on the Adelaide and Imola conversions are the only ones that could be better, but I can't seem to override them properly in CM.

It's a shame that AMS2 tracks can't be converted, as It would be cool to have their Monza 1991 and Spa 1993 tracks also.

Edit: I say that, but the superb Bannochbrae track from Project CARS has been converted wonderfully, so there remains hope that more Madness Engine tracks can make the jump in the future.

Last edited:
Increase the size of the view mapping option to something like 2k or 4k.

To UV unwrap, blender can do it and there are a lot of tutorials out there since it's one of the most important things in 3d

If your AO generates a black stuff , it means , you don t have any uv on your objects ,

you should first learn UV mapp , how it is make , the logical is like imagine you will build the object in paper ,

first , take one object , project a planar map , to have one uv out of the shell , then cut the uv where it should be , and unfold it , layout it , sort it for this single object and repeat the action for every object , then you group all of them into one shell and sort all the uv on one single map !

here was a video i did if u want , but lot of tutorials on youtube

doing this work will be long and will make your mod stands out of the other mods .... as lot of guys are only doing a dirty automatic mapping which is not giving the quality on any textures or ao !

thanks fellas, looking into it now

Didn't even now AMS to AC converts were out there, lol.
You can add my Imola to the list of OG AMS tracks converted to AC

Thermalaito was also converted from AMS ,but its not a Reiza track

Last edited:
Kyalami 1976 ???

is this the same version as the 1967 one?
Yes it is. In AMS it was called Kyalami 1976. Terra21 who converted it named it 1967, but in 1967 the pitbuilding was smaller, there was no guardrail in the pits, and many other details are not correct. The terrain around the last part of the track was also different. They created more run-off space in the 70's. So I renamed it 76.
I had planned on extracting a real 1967 version from this track at one point. Maybe Sergio Loro or Fat-Alfie will make one :)

Last edited:
Ah damn, I thought your Imola was a Simbin track :)
I'd also forgotten to tag Ibarra, so here is the list of what I have.

1645103868850.png

Last edited:
Thank you, i'll check that out.

What's the car folder name, i can check as i have few terabytes of stuff :-)
Cars name folder: sss_abarth500_te_4wd
1) Did you change some of the files in the .acd and repacked the whole (maybe renaming the car folder)?
2) or is that simply happening once you unpack the .acd?

I ask this because, if case number 2 it could be a mistake of the car's creator and you can't do much about that.
Not the first time it happened, however the fix is easy, I just pass the original data folder to the damaged data and all is well.

Pineda GP v1.1

v1.1 changelog;
The scoreboard and lap count are now displayed in real time. (.lua and font by Gunnar333)
Garage doors now open based on the number of cars.
semaphore now works.
Performance has been improved by reducing the number of objects.
Replaced the existing AI by Rainmaker.
Added cam by CrisT86.
Added ext_config by CrisT86, edit by me.
New VAO-patch.
Displays are now working.
Increased the number of pit/start to 34.(Additional Pits Layout by MeltFire)
Added logo.png by Fanapryde
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_pineda_15-1-122-17-32-38.jpg

-34 pit/start
-CSP required
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Created for rFactor by entrevias
Converted to GTR2 by RacerM and Thank you for gave me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Cooperation: @RMi_wood
AI by @rainmaker
cam and ext_config by @CrisT86
.lua and font by @gunnar333
Additional Pits Layout by @MeltFire
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Test Feedback by @Breathe

Enjoy.

A couple of updated car links by REVO, thanks to @pitsch83:

Lexus RCF GT3 update 1.2
(no changelog)

Lexus LC500 GT500 update 1.2
UPDATE 1.2 REVO
all missing drawn shadows
corrected windows visual damage
wheel shaders & blur
disk glow
all error logs fixed

p.s.
I forgot to mention for the Toyota FT1 Vision GT GR3 but also for these two cars, you need to place the .ini file into the AC folder:
..\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\

A couple of updated car links by REVO, thanks to @pitsch83:

Lexus RCF GT3 update 1.2
(no changelog)

Lexus LC500 GT500 update 1.2
UPDATE 1.2 REVO
all missing drawn shadows
corrected windows visual damage
wheel shaders & blur
disk glow
all error logs fixed

p.s.
I forgot to mention for the Toyota FT1 Vision GT GR3 but also for these two cars, you need to place the .ini file into the AC folder:
..\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\
Thanks for sharing the updates. Unfortunately "somebody" already released a v1.3 so I guess I'll have to test both to see which one to keep.

easy_lexus_lc500.png

Last edited:

Thermalaito was also converted from AMS ,but its not a Reiza track
Is that a Reiza track? Or an old RF track "ported" over to AMS? I say "ported" because all we had to do was click a button and edit one text file 😂

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back