Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,777 comments
So how do i get the AI cars to use the police lights? All it did is just drive without their lights on.
I guess (without this car in my library) the extra lights are bound to an extra button. Bind them to the headlights in ext_config.ini and they will be activated with the headlights.

Hi guys, i have a question for the 3D simed guru:
how can i add a normal map to a texture?
Thanks in advance for your answer, have a nice day
Mike
Photoshop, NVIDIA tools, normal map filter.
pic_NM.jpg

pic2_NM.jpg

Last edited:
Kurd - Lengyel Rally Hungary - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track-1

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_kurd_lengyel.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Hi guys, i test lots of mods, and some of them have this problem, the number plates are multiplied x4. Does someone know if this can be modified to have only one? In this car for example when you go into the race, only one number plate is on the car, but in others, they stay even in race. ThanxView attachment 1210980
Did you find a solution for this? It only happens in custom previews to me.

Hi guys, i test lots of mods, and some of them have this problem, the number plates are multiplied x4. Does someone know if this can be modified to have only one? In this car for example when you go into the race, only one number plate is on the car, but in others, they stay even in race. Thanx

Did you find a solution for this? It only happens in custom previews to me.
Yes there is a way, as I posted here quite a while ago. You need to make a new kn5, removing the unnecessary plates (only for showroom / previews) to temporary replace the original kn5. After use, you need to re-enable the original.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13618933

Last edited:
And ... I'm questionning myself,

we can't modify the Lod.ini into ext_config.ini? for each car, I mean tell theat lod.ini must lod ____spec2.kn5 instead of ____spec1.kn5?

Any good E46 BMW M3's ?
imho the best E46 M3 mod in my fairly large collection is the 2000 BMW M3 E46 T3 by Steve Stirpe (v1) (link)
EDIT: here you can grab an AWD version I made w some extra skins (that fit ofcourse also the parent original RWD car).
(does not overwrite the original)

honorable mention to the 2003 BMW M3 E46 3 pack(regular + S1 + S2) by Mushrooms (found a link here) , but that one is encrypted, so you will not be able to fiddle with it.

enjoy!

Last edited:
I think a while back someone was looking for this. Just found a link. A very, very nice mod with a lot of potential. It's still wip, so some problems (aliens landing in the middle of the map, flickering boards, strange tree colors), but overal excellent track for old f1 and other "Bazza" cars. Sorry if it's been posted already.

I think a while back someone was looking for this. Just found a link. A very, very nice mod with a lot of potential. It's still wip, so some problems (aliens landing in the middle of the map, flickering boards, strange tree colors), but overal excellent track for old f1 and other "Bazza" cars. Sorry if it's been posted already.

Such a nice thing, was looking for this since a while.

Thanks for the updated release, though I wish to address something that needs fixing on the "Gran Turismo" livery.
The GT logo itself is using the wrong colours, there shouldn't be any red in the "G" part of the logo.

View attachment 1208522

This is how it currently appears on your car.

Gran-Turismo-Symbol.png

This is the logo as it appeared during the original PS1 era.

le-mans-1998-finish-order-34.jpg

And a picture of the real car, best I was able to find from the time.

Other than that, everything else is good. Just wanted to mention since its a common oversight that's been around for years on the internet.
About the "using the wrong colors" I'm not 100% sure which one is correct yea maybe the old one had different colors,(old cameras, TVs, and monitors had different color saturation, which means that everyone had to color correct on the monitors that they had or for print)now in the photo with the car the colors are darker because is a setting in the camera so it can capture a fast move "high shutter speed" especially if the camera is old
About the "there shouldn't be any red in the "G" part of the logo" I don't understating what you mean.
What I'm trying to say is if you don't see it in front of you it is difficult to know the exact color

Kisvaszar Rally Hungary - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track-1

I believe this could would be a real gem but the track needs work - which I don't know how to do.
The big problem is a spot where you have to slow down to a crawl to get over a bump in the road or something,
otherwise you're pretty much hitting an invisible wall. (It's the spot in the snapshot actually).
I could manage to pass the spot with the Kunos Celica for example.
So if you know that , you can pretty much enjoy a nice and very narrow track, with road side ditches and hidden logs to crash into, lots of twists and turns and all the good stuff.

I won't put this one on racedepartment because of the issue but here is my "grass and rain and all the usual crap".

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_kisvaszar.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
I have a small issue with "Generate Previews | Options" in CM.
I've exercised my google-fu, but can't find anything useful. Any/all suggestions gratefully accepted.

The parameter window/form has, over the last couple of months, been getting smaller and smaller (height-wise) on launch.
It's now at the point where I can only grab the scrollbar slider to reveal ONE parameter at a time.
It would be comedic gold, if it wasn't such a PITA :)

The window is not resizable, and lacks the drag handle like the one on the lower right of the similar window, when you open the showroom. For debug, CM 0.8.2439.39630 paid. CSP v0.1.80-preview1. Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

I've messaged Ilya on Patreon, but he's a busy guy, so I'm not hopeful.

Annnnnd, GO!

Last edited:
I have a small issue with "Generate Previews | Options" in CM.
I've exercised my google-fu, but can't find anything useful. Any/all suggestions gratefully accepted.

The parameter window/form has, over the last couple of months, been getting smaller and smaller (height-wise) on launch.
It's now at the point where I can only grab the scrollbar slider to reveal ONE parameter at a time.
It would be comedic gold, if it wasn't such a PITA :)

The window is not resizable, and lacks the drag handle like the one on the lower right of the similar window, when you open the showroom. For debug, CM 0.8.2439.39630 paid. CSP v0.1.80-preview1. Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

I've messaged Ilya on Patreon, but he's a busy guy, so I'm not hopeful.

Annnnnd, GO!
If you mean the 'Update previews' in CONTENT tab: did you (accidentally) change the size (recommended is 1022 x 575) for previews ?
Edit: but that's probably not where you have the issue, since changing the size only makes the preview window smaller... 🤔

Last edited:

Hi. Would love some close to track replay cams for VR.

If you mean the 'Update previews' in CONTENT tab: did you (accidentally) change the size (recommended is 1022 x 575) for previews ?
Edit: but that's probably not where you have the issue, since changing the size only makes the preview window smaller... 🤔
Correctamundo. It's the Parameter window. This guy:
(Note: This screenie from a different PC, which does NOT have the problem)

Screenshot 2022-11-28 153256.png

@andrevr
Yeah, I figured it was that one. Can't really help you, but I guess there must be 'some' way to change it, since I have other dimensions (apart from the dark view): my window is narrower, e.g. my SCENE is below the first line
window.png

Last edited:

can someone post different format download link please ?

Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE 2017

The sexiest GTE ever !

Full AO
Soundmod
Data based on real car

Have fun !

View attachment 1208232

Oreca 07 Update Early Access for Contributor !

New version of the Oreca :

Added Skins
New Body AO
Removed carbon nose
Changing pilot position

Public release : 18/11/2022
Sound and some data tweaks by me. I don't want to be the annoying guy since I love the community, but some credit would be nice. That said, great job, the car looks much nicer. I may have a new sound version with improvements, contact me if you are interested.

@andrevr
Yeah, I figured it was that one. Can't really help you, but I guess there must be 'some' way to change it, since I have other dimensions (apart from the dark view): my window is narrower, e.g. my SCENE is below the first line
View attachment 1211575
Update. I still don't know how to specify/adjust the window size, but I found by changing the Windows Display Settings Scaling value, and relaunching CM, seemed to "wake it up". It's now roughly square, and I can see enough parameter text to be able to use it.

1669652369246.png

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Last edited:
hi guys, thanks carTOON, i know that and i have already both texture and normal map, but my question is: how to assign a normal map to a texture in the game. I'm pretty sure it's not possible with CM and i dont know if it's possible with 3Dsimed.
Thank you for your answer
In 3DS, select the material, not the object, and assign the normal map as the secondary texture in the inspector panel. Like so:

1669654165475.png

I have preview generation/showroom question.
Update. I still don't know how to specify/adjust the window size, but I found by changing the Windows Display Settings Scaling value, and relaunching CM, seemed to "wake it up". It's now roughly square, and I can see enough parameter text to be able to use it.

View attachment 1211594

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
I have a preview generation/showroom question. Using this tool, I have forgotten how to adjust the reflections under the ca when I am making a custom preview. I like the dark theme, but I cannot get the reflection to be mirror sharp....it remains dull and blurry. Does anyone recall how to adjust that?

I have preview generation/showroom question.

I have a preview generation/showroom question. Using this tool, I have forgotten how to adjust the reflections under the ca when I am making a custom preview. I like the dark theme, but I cannot get the reflection to be mirror sharp....it remains dull and blurry. Does anyone recall how to adjust that?
Not on my rig atm, but there‘s a setting for that, more or less blurry.

Don't know if anyone actually uses either of these two mods, but I uploaded a little update for both. I was making a new vao patch for RBR and found a way to get a little more shadow depth without recreating the black tree shadows from the CSP vaos that these two mods were supposed to try and fix. Since I can't make up my mind on anything, each one has three different vaos you can try. You simply have to rename them by removing the number before the vao patch name to try out another one. The higher the number, the lighter the shadows.

As always, backup before you try...

Monza Mod

ks_nordschleife mod
splendid work on nords. thank you !

Nice to see that RSS included this in their update! :)
V1 to V2 - 27-11-2022
Toyama:
• Display refresh rate increase
• ABS display output correction
• Display RPM shift light timing change
• Showroom door fixes

Nisumo:
• Display character visibility enhancement
• Wiper frame timing update
• Audio rebalanced with turbo - enhanced audio
• Caliper logo priority fixes

Ferruccio:
• Wheel blur added to two liveries
• Neutral gear cockpit light added for standard AC and CSP
• Body damage indicator added for CSP - at 60%+ damage
• Brake glow increase
• Display visual enhancements
• Improved audio balancing. (Bonus: Key F6 camera #5 and nose camera carry different audio samples)
Darker driver suit legs - via texture and code (credit: Mascot)

Additional:
• Optimal tyre pressure readout amendment
• Significant CSP configuration enhancements
• Some general small fixes all around
• Read Me updates

Congratulations and... thank you again @Masscot ! ;)

Kisterenye Rally Hungary - rain and grass and vao and so on...

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_kisterenye.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 14
Kirald - Sata Rally Hungary - rain and grass and vao and so on...

It's the reverse version of the Sata track posted earlier.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_kirald.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back