Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,783 comments
  • 52,021,799 views
Ford RS200 Group B (Blaze) update Shokeus Act80's V1.01a ,

it would be shorter to say what I didn’t change than the reverse...., I took the same physics as the "Pack Voitures de Rallye Gr.B" (Act80's)

Capture d’écran (757).png


there are still some bugs with the driver and these animations, I see if I have time but I didn’t want to spend so much time on it...

Link : https://mega.nz/file/105WmC6I#DqCxmb2MzVOHzIMVCRQvMXV2keGDqUIeSqpUR7X7rWE

Enjoy !
 
Last edited:
alot of track/car combo's that I saved in Single Drive do not boot up, saying AC crashed and written an error log, but the error logs are not readable... This with CSP 0.1.80-preview346. When I revert back to 0.1.79 they work again...
 
Sorry for the off topic, but after suffering this incident, an epiphany has revealed to me, which I'm going to proclaim to the wind...

Screenshot_abarth_695_asetto_corse_prototype_zwartkops_raceway_30-6-123-19-34-54.jpg


Currently, in Assetto Corsa, quite acceptable damage can be included in the cars, also crowds like the ones in the image, quite realistic (not like those cardboard characters used sometimes...). I remember some tracks with marshals talking and moving, even another with photographers taking pictures... there's moving objects like poles, cones, brake markers, people waving flags, external traffic, trains, roller coasters, ambient sounds...

I know that some of those lesser used features (which help a lot with immersion) must be difficult and laborious to implement, but... wouldn't it be wonderful if they were included more frequently (like the usual rain, grass or lights fx) to keep improving all kinds of tracks and cars? If so, who would need another sim besides Assetto Corsa, that has almost everything?

Well, I'll keep daydreaming...

(I think these dream thoughts have been produced by the concussion I suffered in the crash, because of how realistic this game can be...) 😵
 
Last edited:
help,how can i improve the grip of the rss 79 mod?
I found that with some simple setup changes, you can make the car a lot more stable. Most notably, reducing front aero.
Also raising diff preload from 10 to 20. Give the tire pressures a couple clicks up to get them into the right range.
Try this link to this setup and let me know if it's more manageable for you.
 
Sorry for the off topic, but after suffering this incident, an epiphany has revealed to me, which I'm going to proclaim to the wind...

View attachment 1276313

Currently, in Assetto Corsa, quite acceptable damage can be included in the cars, also crowds like the ones in the image, quite realistic (not like those cardboard characters used sometimes...). I remember some tracks with track marshals talking and moving, even another with photographers taking pictures... there's moving objects like poles, cones, brake markers, people waving flags, external traffic, trains, roller coasters, ambient sounds...

I know that some of those lesser used features (which help a lot with immersion) must be difficult and laborious to implement, but... wouldn't it be wonderful if they were included more frequently (like the usual rain, grass or lights fx) to keep improving all kinds of tracks and cars? If so, who would need another sim besides Assetto Corsa, that has almost everything?

Well, I'll keep daydreaming...

(I think these dream thoughts have been produced by the concussion I suffered in the crash, because of how realistic this game can be...) 😵
There is also a track that contains camera facing 2D crowds also a good compromise in the search to realism.
 
@MasterFocus but his Screenshot is in showroom. Checked my first update upload and he was right. In showroom the rims were not visible.
The first Testversion v2.0 was with visible rims. Then my update from yesterday, the v2.01 , the Vertigo got invisible rims in showroom. After his post, i reuploaded the Vertigo with visible rims again.
I only take pictures of cars while on track, using "showroom" only to change the car preview and using CSP showroom for that matter.
 
I found that with some simple setup changes, you can make the car a lot more stable. Most notably, reducing front aero.
Also raising diff preload from 10 to 20. Give the tire pressures a couple clicks up to get them into the right range.
Try this link to this setup and let me know if it's more manageable for you.
great job, I lowered the time by a second!!!!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_rss_formula_79_istanbul_park_30-6-123-21-59-56.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_79_istanbul_park_30-6-123-21-59-56.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
There is also a track that contains camera facing 2D crowds also a good compromise in the search to realism.
Do you mean these?


Screenshot_ford_rs200_grb_ks_barcelona_30-6-123-22-19-27.jpg


Yeah, they're quite good (waaaaay better than the cardboard public), and it seems that this type of crowd does not consume many resources, but when today went back to drive in Zwartkops, I once again remembered how good that mod is... and when approached to the stands, I realized how well done the crowd was...
 
Depends on the CSP version you have installed. Yours might not offer this option.
I use 1.79, do I need to find 1.8 somehow in order for it to give me this setting?


edit: NVM I did find 1.8 and found the setting, thanks!
 
Last edited:
This bug with landscape shader just draws the landscape over track objects. So it looks like a hole or you see landscape edges on trees and such. But thats all. It will not manipulate geometry or such. Could you post a screenshot?
View of my left screen:
crowd.png


When using free cam, they are all OK...
 
Last edited:
alot of track/car combo's that I saved in Single Drive do not boot up, saying AC crashed and written an error log, but the error logs are not readable... This with CSP 0.1.80-preview346. When I revert back to 0.1.79 they work again...
Did you open the crash report with an archived such as WinRAR or something like that? All of the .report files include a few compressed files so it needs to be opened with an extractor, give that a try.
 
Very appreciated. I always used and loved @shi conversion (have you a plan for a competitive AI for this version?). Now I try this your gabenhood fixed version. Thanks.

Edit: is it possible increase people on the stand? And what is this?

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2023_hanoi_f12020_31-6-123-6-33-22.jpg
 
Last edited:
How hard would it be to make a alternate track layout for the RT Bathurst track which cuts out the Chase/kink on the main straight?

If anyone could do that for me I'd happily pay them for their efforts.
 
Very appreciated. I always used and loved @shi conversion (have you a plan for a competitive AI for this version?). Now I try this your gabenhood fixed version. Thanks.

Edit: is it possible increase people on the stand? And what is this?

View attachment 1276411
Here you go. Yesterday I had issue with FPS adding more spectators but today it was OK.


No plans for the shi version I liked the GabenHood more. I don't have this strange link to the sky. Reinstall helps?
 
Ford RS200 Group B (Blaze) update Shokeus Act80's V1.01a ,

it would be shorter to say what I didn’t change than the reverse...., I took the same physics as the "Pack Voitures de Rallye Gr.B" (Act80's)

View attachment 1276311

there are still some bugs with the driver and these animations, I see if I have time but I didn’t want to spend so much time on it...

Link : https://mega.nz/file/105WmC6I#DqCxmb2MzVOHzIMVCRQvMXV2keGDqUIeSqpUR7X7rWE

Enjoy !
There's hardly any gap between the bottom of the steering wheel and the front of the seat, which will always cause a problem with the driver posture and animation. Not sure if Forza's model is at fault or if you replaced the seats and set them a little too high? The top of the seat back is almost touching the roof liner.
I suspect Forza's cockpit model might be at fault as the footwell seems quite shallow.
A quick improvement to the driver and shifting can be made by adding and repositioning the steer.ksanim and shift.ksanim from RSS's 360 Modena, but the driver is still submerged in the seat with his feet clipping through the footwell.
 
Last edited:
Sorry for the off topic, but after suffering this incident, an epiphany has revealed to me, which I'm going to proclaim to the wind...

View attachment 1276313

Currently, in Assetto Corsa, quite acceptable damage can be included in the cars, also crowds like the ones in the image, quite realistic (not like those cardboard characters used sometimes...). I remember some tracks with marshals talking and moving, even another with photographers taking pictures... there's moving objects like poles, cones, brake markers, people waving flags, external traffic, trains, roller coasters, ambient sounds...

I know that some of those lesser used features (which help a lot with immersion) must be difficult and laborious to implement, but... wouldn't it be wonderful if they were included more frequently (like the usual rain, grass or lights fx) to keep improving all kinds of tracks and cars? If so, who would need another sim besides Assetto Corsa, that has almost everything?

Well, I'll keep daydreaming...

(I think these dream thoughts have been produced by the concussion I suffered in the crash, because of how realistic this game can be...) 😵
I was actually thinking the same thing for the past 2 months, when I was playing PGR4, I've noticed how immersive it felt compared to AC. PGR4 had flags waving, very good models of people with animations and light flashings from cameras and I like the minor detail of some people giving the "Ooh he crashed, that's not good!" jester of them backing up a bit and covering their mouths with their hands, super cool minor detail! In AC, models of people do vary from the 2D sprites or what you call it "cardboard people" move and some don't, to 3D models that don't move most of the time or do move, but rarely. A good example of that is Goodwoods hillclimb HQ layout. I do like the screen animations of the projectors that we've got in a lot of tracks, like the ones in GT7.
pb_camaro_con_06_g333_goodwood_hillclimb_05_18_30.jpg



Also I love the Easter eggs, like the shadow man changes form and positions every session.
pb_camaro_con_06_g333_goodwood_hillclimb_05_19_12.jpg
pb_camaro_con_06_g333_goodwood_hillclimb_05_20_08.jpg


And umm, this.... 🤣

rss_gt_vortex_v10_circuit_sebring2021_09_20_07.jpg


And I agree with you on the ambient sounds too, PGR4 has really good immersive noise, the crowd noises, horns blasting and the clapping and cheering. In AC sometimes it does depend on the track. Some tracks actually have announcers, crowd cheering, LOUD tire changing sounds and all around decent pit ambiance too, like the recent Sainte Croix mod. With other tracks it's just nature ambiance, birds chirping and wind noise, that's it.

I understand if AC has some limitations on these features and some wouldn't be able to experience these features due to their hardware limitations, but still.
 
New test versions of the Marcos Mantis and Gillet Vertigo v2.01:


Gillet Vertigo
v2.01 (Test version, car is still W.I.P.)


View attachment 1276045

Download:
  • no LODS
  • only 3 skins for now (more will come with final release)
  • physics and BoP is still w.i.p.
Changelog:
  • new rollcage
  • optimised shader settings
  • tires not floating anymore
  • edited interior on drivers side
  • optimised driver animation
  • replaced pedals
  • added new sound
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcos Mantis GT3 v2.01 (Test version, car is still W.I.P.)
View attachment 1276046

Download:
known bugs or need to be fixed:

  • only 3 skins for now (more will come with final release)
  • no LODS
  • physics and BoP is still w.i.p.
Changelog:
  • optimised circular hood apertures
  • optimised shader settings
  • changed to six-speed gear Box
  • internal windshield Banner is mirrored now
Thanks for the updates, both cars are a blast.
I think the 6-speed gearbox on the Mantis is a sequential Hollinger (which matches the shifter and animation better) but the car is still currently set up with gated manual shifting, not sequential.
 
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back