Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,766 comments
  • 51,962,163 views
Someone's working on it...
Yep, I follow the topic with interest, but I have almost no hope that the miracle will happen and they will publish the track, which, by the way, looks promising in that video.

Sometimes I imagine that this mod is like a valuable stolen work of art that only the white-collar thief can enjoy, in the privacy of his ancestral castle, sipping a glass of Courvoisier... I hope he spills his cognac all over his computer...
 
Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience of making their own driver models based off this Blender model? https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bone-animation-rig-blender.34594/

Or know of a better one or way to do it?

I can set the driver up, export to kseditor where it does weird things with the materials, but animation works (just the standard steering one for now), but in CM Showroom the steering animation doesn't want to work (yes I've replaced the one in the animation folder). Just wondering if someone has tips or tricks to how to do it from Blender, or a better method.

well i guess it doesn't because it's not glowing under heavy braking. I'll try with another name
Does this help in any way?

 
well i guess it doesn't because it's not glowing under heavy braking. I'll try with another name
That shouldn't make any trouble, you could read it as DISC_LF.null and DISC_LF.mesh, even if the name is the same, the "extension" and purpose is not, so the software doesn't read it in the same way.
Maybe try to change the mesh's name for just one car first and see if that does change something, for exemple with the same reference name as Kunos (doesn't remember what is it, probably somewhere in the car guideline)

Upper/lower case is important, also. Already did this mistake myself too. My worst one was brakedisc_LF instead of brakedisk_LF. Felt veeery stupid for a minute.
As Alguecool also said there should be no problems. Follow his suggestion and if it doesn't work, let us know so we can figure out what's wrong. Just to be sure, in the ksEditor check if the shader works. Select the brake disc material, look for the "glowlevel" parameter (or something similar) and give it a value (in my case I chose 100 as the value). If the disk glows, then it means that the problem is not in the shader section (obviously reset the value to 0 before saving, it's just a test).

But remember: sometimes they don't want to work at all. 😂

1720007650383.png
 
Last edited:
Yep, I follow the topic with interest, but I have almost no hope that the miracle will happen and they will publish the track, which, by the way, looks promising in that video.

Sometimes I imagine that this mod is like a valuable stolen work of art that only the white-collar thief can enjoy, in the privacy of his ancestral castle, sipping a glass of Courvoisier... I hope he spills his cognac all over his computer...
It is completely incomprehensible to me why the modder does not provide information. I've seen a post from him about this a long time ago, so he's a registered user. So many people are waiting for this - here in the Carpathian Basin, in Hungary, it's fitting that when they address me, we respond... by the way, I already asked for the Gran Turismo base files here, someone made a promise, but then I think they forgot, because nothing new happened in the matter...
 
The problem is that for the first time since the start of the year Nuzzi seems out of the project... it's been nearly a month since his last post and he also doesn't answer to my private message on Patreon... let's hope he's on a holiday and that he will comeback 'cause this app is one of the best thing ever happened to this game, it can't be left like this :(
I got Nuzzis Pit App working. For me it was confligting lua app, CRF Config App. I disapled the app and pit stops work again!
 
Hi folks does anyone have a guide to set up lcs correctly with all settings that are needed within cm?
 
Does anyone find it super odd that there doesn't seem to be any skins or skin packs floating around for the URD Radical SR10 XXR? I see plenty of SR3 XXR packs and tbf, it's free, but it's not like URD paid mods aren't an established thing
 
Last edited:
I have several extracted Kyoto files, but could never get them to load in an editor, from old GameModels.ru
Also have the same for GTS Tokyo Expressway East/West.

Serious inqueries only.
 
wrong chat, oopsie. i got my new ssd to workkk
 
Last edited:
Couple of people asked me about Istanbul Park so I threw some stuff together quickly just to see what was possible. Don't judge too harshly, it's just a start. Things I tried so far were a new grass texture setup, a vao patch to help with the look of the trees and tree shadows and I added some trees on the outskirts to get rid of that dead space look. Still a long way to go because the track has a number of small problems that need looked at.

Sorry for the poor quality pics. I'm not good at resizing images without losing quality.

Before:
View attachment 1369508

After:
View attachment 1369509
I'm very happy to hear that the track where I spend the most time driving in AC will be updated. Thank you in advance. How long will it take to complete?
 
Hi guys. I saw on last posts that Citta di Aria is still in progress (sadly with no news), but is Opera Paris converted? I really like both tracks, but i never heard about Opera Paris (maybe because nobody is working on it)
 
I'm very happy to hear that the track where I spend the most time driving in AC will be updated. Thank you in advance. How long will it take to complete?
Can't say. The track itself is not in need of major work as far as I can tell. It's already a very good track. Most of what I can see is minor stuff. I don't care for some of the texture choices and there are a couple of backwards sponsor logos on a few adboards which shouldn't be hard to fix. But I haven't gone over the track with a fine tooth comb yet to see if there is anything major that i'm missing.

Incidentally, if any knows of any major problems i'm overlooking, please point them out.
 
Does anyone find it super odd that there doesn't seem to be any skins or skin packs floating around for the URD Radical SR10 XXR? I see plenty of SR3 XXR packs and tbf, it's free, but it's not like URD paid mods aren't an established thing
It just feels strange to me that the SR10 released and had next to no hype or even mention anywhere. I figured it would have had people super excited.
 
You know which GT tracks to AC would be cool ? Cape Ring / Circuito de la Sierra / Circuito de Madrid / Circuito di Roma / London / Matterhorn.

The often forgotten tracks. But that's just wishful thinking
Citta Di Aria
Grand Canyon
London
Opera Paris
 
Can't say. The track itself is not in need of major work as far as I can tell. It's already a very good track. Most of what I can see is minor stuff. I don't care for some of the texture choices and there are a couple of backwards sponsor logos on a few adboards which shouldn't be hard to fix. But I haven't gone over the track with a fine tooth comb yet to see if there is anything major that i'm missing.

Incidentally, if any knows of any major problems i'm overlooking, please point them out.
Are you working on the 'Enver Bozkaya, ACU, OSRW & AC Reboot Team' version of the track?

The (exit of the) connecting road of the Intermediate track is quite rough, is that something you could fix? Would be very nice :D
 
Does anyone find it super odd that there doesn't seem to be any skins or skin packs floating around for the URD Radical SR10 XXR? I see plenty of SR3 XXR packs and tbf, it's free, but it's not like URD paid mods aren't an established thing
Indeed. I made a bunch of crappy ones for myself with my extremely limited understanding. I literally took the stock skins and added numbers to the front panel (and then added names, teams, etc.). It looks OK, but it's rough in comparison to skilled skin makers. I am a stickler in that I need different numbered cars for events.

I'd definitely be interested in a pack if there is indeed one floating out there.
 
Last edited:
A quick Google found these:
and none of those are for the SR10, which was the car they were asking about.
 
Anyone got any clue who made these two mods?
image_2024-07-04_015738520.pngimage_2024-07-04_015748185.png

Think the E36 is FSR? Seeing as he's had the E36 as one of this paid mods on his patreon for a month or two now.


Nevermind figured it out, Its FSR that is just converting the rF2 Super touring mods by Cyril Cherry from the steam workshop.
Annoyingly the mapping has been changed somewhere between so can't just put all the liveries made specifically for the PM3DM version onto this one :(
 
Last edited:
An update for Assetto has just appeared on Steam. I'm afraid to update it. Has anyone else had this happen?
AC.jpg
 
@Ale2Passos
I would not recommend the update, I've just spend at least an hour trying to figure out why suddenly all my Kunos DLC content had been updated (as shown by the green dot in CM)

It will reset all your custom previews and other changes you've made to Kunos (DLC) files! Luckily I have a good backup system, so was able to rollback. It also gave me the opportunity to see what has been changed compared to my backup.

The update changes the following files:

\content\gui\NationFlags\TWN.png has been changed to the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee flag
\launcher\themes\.base\ac.utils.js on line 1036 "TWN": "Taiwan", has been changed to "TWN": "Taiwan, China",
\launcher\themes\default\js\ac.localization.chs.js line 535 "Taiwan": "
台湾", has been changed to "Taiwan, China": "中国台湾",
\launcher\themes\default\js\ac.localization.cht.js line 538 "Taiwan": "
台灣", has been changed to "Taiwan, China": "中國臺灣",
\launcher\themes\default\modules\profile\profile.html line 283 value="TWN">Taiwan has been changed to value="TWN">Taiwan, China


Very weird that Kunos has decided that Taiwan is now part of China (People's Republic of China). A very controversial topic!

To only interesting change is in to the following files:

\acs.exe file size was 22.918.296 is now 22.890.776
\acs_x64.exe file size was 21.921.880 is now 21.895.384
\content\cars\ks_audi_r18_etron_quattro\data.acd inside this archive the ratios.rto file has been changed


Here is an archive with both the 'original' files and the files that have been changed in this update: https://modsfire.com/5833Ua9G5g0wG8o
 
Last edited:
Anyone got any clue who made these two mods?
View attachment 1369692View attachment 1369693

Think the E36 is FSR? Seeing as he's had the E36 as one of this paid mods on his patreon for a month or two now.


Nevermind figured it out, Its FSR that is just converting the rF2 Super touring mods by Cyril Cherry from the steam workshop.
Annoyingly the mapping has been changed somewhere between so can't just put all the liveries made specifically for the PM3DM version onto this one :(
one of the people over at FSR did say they were going to sort that out so all skins can be swapped from the PM3DM version. Not sure when they will get around to it though. I've held of skinning this car for this reason
 
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back