Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,761 comments
  • 51,933,336 views
one of the people over at FSR did say they were going to sort that out so all skins can be swapped from the PM3DM version. Not sure when they will get around to it though. I've held of skinning this car for this reason
He mentioned in the ACFSK discord that he'd put out an updated version of PM3DM's version for free with just the interior update, But idk when that is supposedly coming out or if it's even going to come out.
 
i finished switching my ac and also launched the game via steam and now its „stuck“ saying „loading car metadata 100%“ can i close the original launcher and now open it with cm?
 
Are you working on the 'Enver Bozkaya, ACU, OSRW & AC Reboot Team' version of the track?

The (exit of the) connecting road of the Intermediate track is quite rough, is that something you could fix? Would be very nice :D
I believe that's the version i'm editing. Unfortunately i'm not a mesh guy so I don't think I could do anything about the road surface. Sorry...
 
He mentioned in the ACFSK discord that he'd put out an updated version of PM3DM's version for free with just the interior update, But idk when that is supposedly coming out or if it's even going to come out.
cool i didn't know that, hopefully they will do both and release both
 
Last night I went late to bed because of a good reason

Citroën Xsara WRC
Yvan Muller - Gilles Mondesir
1ere Rallye d'Alsace 2010

https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/yvan-muller-citroën-xsara-wrc-rallye-dalsace-2010.70495/
gr_a_9_mullery_1.jpg

gr_a_9_mullery_3.jpg


__custom_showroom_1720049442.jpg


The car can be found right here:
 
Last edited:
I got Nuzzis Pit App working. For me it was confligting lua app, CRF Config App. I disapled the app and pit stops work again!
Thanks so much! Finally got it working again. You're a genius, I didn't even think to check any other apps other than RARE 😅
 
Last edited:
i finished switching my ac and also launched the game via steam and now its „stuck“ saying „loading car metadata 100%“ can i close the original launcher and now open it with cm?
Don't know, but seems that the original launcher can't open the game when you have a very big amount of "aftermarket" mods, so...
 
i finished switching my ac and also launched the game via steam and now its „stuck“ saying „loading car metadata 100%“ can i close the original launcher and now open it with cm?
That happens, if you have too many mod tracks or cars installed. I had the same effect some weeks ago, when I transfered AC to my new PC. But that's no problem. You only have to start AC via Steam once, that steam can install additional stuff needed for AC to work. It's not necessary to load AC completely. Just open the Task Manger (STRG + ALT + ENTF) and stop the AC task. Now AC should start via CM as before.
 
i finished switching my ac and also launched the game via steam and now its „stuck“ saying „loading car metadata 100%“ can i close the original launcher and now open it with cm?
Yes you should be able to end the task with Task Manager and then open it using CM.
 
Regarding Simplygon's ridiculous paywall and the lack of mod LODs since, I was reminded of this Blender method that I used before Simplygon was integrated into CM. Might be worth investigating? I seem to remember being able to produce a set of rudimentary LODs in about 10 mins. Won't be as quick and easy as Simplygon, but better than nothing.
 
i finished switching my ac and also launched the game via steam and now its „stuck“ saying „loading car metadata 100%“ can i close the original launcher and now open it with cm?
The vanilla launcher suck anyway, the interface is REALLY outdated, looks like a game from the early 90's
And yes vanilla launcher cant work with too many mods installed
 
Sorry to repeat topics, but... I revisited Reboot's Fuji with the recent ClimaxF1 retexture, and I have the issue of distant mountains (including Mount Fuji) looking plain gray. I think in the past I solved it by modifying some of the "Adaptive Clip Planes" parameters, as was commented here.

I have tried to find the solution again with the forum search, and neither of the two options I have found (increase "Far plane, m:" or increase "ta_fog_distance %" in Sol) seems to work... By the way, CSP 0.1.79 and 3 Monitors, not VR...

Could someone without this problem share their "Adaptive clip planes" settings, or suggest some idea to see if I can fix it?

Thanks in advance, pals...
 
Sorry to repeat topics, but... I revisited Reboot's Fuji with the recent ClimaxF1 retexture, and I have the issue of distant mountains (including Mount Fuji) looking plain gray. I think in the past I solved it by modifying some of the "Adaptive Clip Planes" parameters, as was commented here.

I have tried to find the solution again with the forum search, and neither of the two options I have found (increase "Far plane, m:" or increase "ta_fog_distance %" in Sol) seems to work... By the way, CSP 0.1.79 and 3 Monitors, not VR...

Could someone without this problem share their "Adaptive clip planes" settings, or suggest some idea to see if I can fix it?

Thanks in advance, pals...
Blue/grey mountains are normally a fog or smog issue.
If the mountains 'wobble' then that's usually insufficient far clip plains, but I don't think that will solve the blue/grey mountains.
In Sol (and Pure) reducing fog/smog should fix it, but you'll probably lose the rest of the nice 'fade with distance' depth effect that fog/smog provides.
Changing the time of day can also help, so the sun direction on the mountain is different.
 
Regarding Simplygon's ridiculous paywall and the lack of mod LODs since, I was reminded of this Blender method that I used before Simplygon was integrated into CM. Might be worth investigating? I seem to remember being able to produce a set of rudimentary LODs in about 10 mins. Won't be as quick and easy as Simplygon, but better than nothing.
sounds interesting
 
Blue/grey mountains are normally a fog or smog issue.
If the mountains 'wobble' then that's usually insufficient far clip plains, but I don't think that will solve the blue/grey mountains.
In Sol (and Pure) reducing fog/smog should fix it, but you'll probably lose the rest of the nice 'fade with distance' depth effect that fog/smog provides.
Changing the time of day can also help, so the sun direction on the mountain is different.
I tried that method before but although the fbx file size was significantly reduced, the converted kn5 file tended to be barely any smaller. But digging through that thread further than I did before I think I might have messed up a few steps.

Another plugin for blender is this - https://blendermarket.com/products/lods-maker--create-level-of-details-in-1-click/?ref=1193, although it does tend to make a lot of additional filing work as it spreads stuff into new collections. However it does keep parent dummies and their animation properties so that is a bonus.

Maybe the winner is a combo of both methods?
 
anyone else got the problem that the pure planner is not working anymore?
 
Regarding Simplygon's ridiculous paywall and the lack of mod LODs since, I was reminded of this Blender method that I used before Simplygon was integrated into CM. Might be worth investigating? I seem to remember being able to produce a set of rudimentary LODs in about 10 mins. Won't be as quick and easy as Simplygon, but better than nothing.
I've tried it in several situations and when everything is in place it works very well and reduces lod creation times.. The first step, merge vertices by distance, merges neighboring vertices within a certain distance. Especially in older 3D models, or in those with an incorrect topology, rather annoying distortions are created, in some cases even serious ones (1) . All this happens due to the alteration of the topology of the model. With just the first step, taking TVR as an example, exactly this happens. If we then decimate the model, the situation gets worse: we will have decimated a disaster, obtaining a double disaster (2). Furthermore, it would still be necessary to manually eliminate all the useless meshes for that lod, so specific work would still need to be done. Every time I've had to create a lod, I've never been lucky. 🙁


1. Merge vertices by distance

1720094731697.png


2. Decimate modifier

1720094764411.png
 
I've tried it in several situations and when everything is in place it works very well and reduces lod creation times.. The first step, merge vertices by distance, merges neighboring vertices within a certain distance. Especially in older 3D models, or in those with an incorrect topology, rather annoying distortions are created, in some cases even serious ones (1) . All this happens due to the alteration of the topology of the model. With just the first step, taking TVR as an example, exactly this happens. If we then decimate the model, the situation gets worse: we will have decimated a disaster, obtaining a double disaster (2). Furthermore, it would still be necessary to manually eliminate all the useless meshes for that lod, so specific work would still need to be done. Every time I've had to create a lod, I've never been lucky. 🙁


1. Merge vertices by distance

View attachment 1369862

2. Decimate modifier

View attachment 1369863
were you in edit mode
 
Sorry to repeat topics, but... I revisited Reboot's Fuji with the recent ClimaxF1 retexture, and I have the issue of distant mountains (including Mount Fuji) looking plain gray. I think in the past I solved it by modifying some of the "Adaptive Clip Planes" parameters, as was commented here.

I have tried to find the solution again with the forum search, and neither of the two options I have found (increase "Far plane, m:" or increase "ta_fog_distance %" in Sol) seems to work... By the way, CSP 0.1.79 and 3 Monitors, not VR...

Could someone without this problem share their "Adaptive clip planes" settings, or suggest some idea to see if I can fix it?

Thanks in advance, pals...
This used to be the easy solution:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13979169

But since I posted it not so long ago here, I checked and for some reason, that slider does nothing now, must be a new bug introduced with a new CSP version...once again...:grumpy:

EDIT: reverting to earlier CSP versions and reinstalling SOL didn't help either, so I have no clue why this thing doesn't work anymore...:indiff:
EDIT2: using SOL...
 
Last edited:
has anyone else purchased pure 0.40? i cant get even one ppf filters to look as good on the new pure(lcs) compared to default Ilja controller and also compared to pure gamma. pure gamma works great as it always has with pure filters and many others. CSP default weather controller looks even better with certain lcs filters... but i cant get any filter to look good on pure-lcs compared to default lcs or this guys earlier work. does the guying who gets
$60,000 a month on patreon know what he is doing? his lcs work so far is so bad. it is no problem for me as i can always use default ilja settings, or cancel my subcription, but what is the point of spending money on a product that makes the game look worse??? these early lcs releases should be free beta mods.
 

Attachments

  • aaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaa.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 26
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back