- 1,562

- United States
1.) That one would have to wait for @RacingSounds to fix. I'm not sure exactly how to fix holes in the road mesh. Honestly, i've never run across one of those holes and I race on this track a lot.I believe not, if you're referring to RacingSounds' version. I mentioned it to him a few months ago, along with a few other things, in a feedback post but I believe he's moved on.
Here's my notes (from May):
If you could have a look at any of this stuff, it'd be appreciated - but I'm not sure your work on other tracks crosses into these areas.
- The big thing still to address, I think, is that it's very easy to fall through the map when crashing. I'd say it happened about 5 times between practice, quali and the race. It happens near the pit exit, in the banked corner, and out of the final corner as well. I think the boundaries could use another pass to make sure no cars can fall through - it happened often enough that it was notable.
- The DRS is enabled throughout the track - so no DRS zones have been set. As this is a pretty famous open-wheeler circuit, I think it might be worth the time to make them.
- The pit lane entry is inaccurate - where the line and board say the pit lane starts is not where it occurs in game. It happens about 20 meters after.
- The Flag LED boards throughout the track show a Red flag after the checkered flag, rather than a checkered flag pattern. It threw a few people off in quali.
- Finally, the AI is not up to par - they are slow, crash often and can't exit the pits in Practice and Quali sessions. It definitely needs a rework - perhaps you could ask Parri for some help, as he made an excellent AI rewrite of ACTK's version (the one this is based off of).
You are credited on my version of the track, so I figured I'd mention it. As it stands, your update to the ACTK rFactor version with Parri's AI is feature complete, has competitive, safe AI, and is near-flawless - but doesn't have the big boy T3.
Cheers.
2.) Fixed today, although it seems the ai doesn't respond correctly to the second DRS zone. As far as I know, it's not something I did because it works correctly for human drivers.
3.) I just fixed this on Istanbul (update for that coming soon), although Istanbul's problem was in the opposite direction. The pit limiter kicked in too soon. It's a simple fix by extending the 'PIT' mesh to the actual pit line. It should probably be done by @RacingSounds though since he would be the one who would have to update his track download with a new version.
4.) This may have got fixed today with the change I made to the digital lights settings so they don't flash green.
5.) I think my raceday layout includes a different ai than the base track. It works great for me, although i'm not an alien driver so it might be too slow for most people. I know I can't keep up even at 95% ai strength.
Last edited: