Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,950 comments
UPDATE !

Williams FW14 - 1991 By ASR Formula V1.3 (12/11/2019)
Link:
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/williams-fw14-1991/

Installation notes:
Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

Changelog:
– Update Sound
– Update Engine Mapping
– Update Digital Instrument

Enjoy !

Anyone know if there is a BMW G20 (new 3 Series) available or in the pipeline? Ideally 330e M Sport but any version would do...

Hi everyone know if there are dynamic lights ( night phase ) for this circuit? acu_bathurst or bathurst_fm7?? Thanks in advance for the help

Hi everyone know if there are dynamic lights ( night phase ) for this circuit? acu_bathurst or bathurst_fm7?? Thanks in advance for the help
AFAIK, both circuits have light configs. bathurst_fm7 has a separate layout with lights, acu_bathurst should have an .ini in your extension/cfg/tracks folder.

Attachments

• acu_bathurst config.zip
    483.5 KB · Views: 26
In VR? Can you post a screenshot of your Neck settings please? I used neck until recently but I'm not sure if a CSP update has borked it. I'm back to using vanilla horizon lock but this is too rigid with no environmental shake at all.
I gave up on RHM after it suddenly stopped working (again, maybe due to a CSP update) but did used to find it excellent. If I could get RHM working again I'd be happy.

I don't use VR Masscot, but I do run a realistic cockpit view with properly adjusted field of view, so it should be similar to what you see. These are my settings:

Attachments

• Neck Settings 1.jpg
    Neck Settings 1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Neck Settings2.jpg
    Neck Settings2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I tried, very shortly, the Williams FW14 in this 1.3 version on vanilla Brands Hatch.
I appreciated very much the cockpit sound (rough and dry, close to the McLaren MP4/6 in his wildness) but I still also not in joy with the exterior sounds (since some previous updates, too much reverberations for my own taste).

By memory, the exterior sounds of the beta 0.6 sounded better here,.. but as usual It's a question of personal taste. ;)

Cheers ! :)

Hi,

Time ago there was published AD 918 Spyder (dedicated to "birth/found-day" of Assettodrive.net)
It was little maintenance today, so (notes from updating e-mail):

Some updates done while past period of time. Time to share with you.
Mostly, it's additional things relative various extensions and tiny details
(This is actually powerful/flexible tool, but work only with "Custom Shaders Patch". Hope/wish, you know or will, this is actually a "game-changer")
(Steering wheel material in covered version changed to alcantara)

Porsche 918 Spyder
Download Link
pass:assettodrive
1. Delete any previous version!!!
2. Install new from archive (manually or via CM)

Be patience, this one is going with one LOD and this is high poly model (about 400-500k polys).

With best,
Alexander S.

Rm1sPHO.jpg
Excellent job with this car, Alex. Thanks for sharing it.
Any plans for a track version of the 928? There was never a factory team for the 928 but the car was raced privately, so you could let your imagination run wild with works upgrades and performance.

feb3b4f56b74997be5a58687de810351.jpg

Excellent job with this car, Alex. Thanks for sharing it.
Any plans for a track version of the 928? There was never a factory team for the 928 but the car was raced privately, so you could let your imagination run wild with works upgrades and performance.

View attachment 865190

I know there was one included in the VirtuaLM Group C mod for rFactor (even though it wasn't a Group C car, but I ain't complaining!). Whoever's doing the VLM Group C conversion for AC might be including it, at least I hope so. I know it ran a couple 24 Hours of Le Mans in the early '80s, as well as other WEC events and at least one 24 Hours of Daytona. Not a long and deep racing history, but notable enough.

I don't use VR Masscot, but I do run a realistic cockpit view with properly adjusted field of view, so it should be similar to what you see. These are my settings:

What am I gonna see with these tweaks? :D The default is 'ok' but would like to look more to apex.... but theres so many 🤬 sliders, sliding around would be a guess.

Anyone know where I can get an empty or blank shifting animation? I'm in need of one for a project of mine.

Looks like I will have to update my sound for the Fw14. although the new one ASR made is not that bad
I agree... except for the too much reverberation effect outside. ;)

The (free) car from ASR which deserves actually a rework is, in my opinion, the Ferrari 641/2.

Cheers.:cheers:

What am I gonna see with these tweaks? :D The default is 'ok' but would like to look more to apex.... but theres so many 🤬 sliders, sliding around would be a guess.

I don't use much 'look to apex'. It always makes me think I'm turning the car when I'm not! As for the rest of the tweaks... They're just my attempt to make the head motion feel as natural as I can. Guess it's just a matter of taste. Of course, it may also be an indication of the weight of my head and the massive brain it houses. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't us much 'look to apex'. It always makes me think I'm turning the car when I'm not! As for the rest of the tweaks... They're just my attempt to make the head motion feel as natural as I can. Guess it's just a matter of taste. Of course, it may also be an indication of the weight of my head and the massive brain it houses. :lol:
Have you managed to work out which setting stabilises the environment?
Vanilla 'lock to horizon' is too rigid as there is NO environment movement at all but whatever I try in Neck FX I can't reduce the environment 'shake' enough.
RHM made tweaking this VERY simple to get a good balance between cockpit movement and environment movement.

I wish CSP development would stop for one week and all resources went into adding proper explanations for everything that can currently be adjusted... :boggled:

Have you managed to work out which setting stabilises the environment?
Vanilla 'lock to horizon' is too rigid as there is NO environment movement at all but whatever I try in Neck FX I can't reduce the environment 'shake' enough.
RHM made tweaking this VERY simple to get a good balance between cockpit movement and environment movement.

I wish CSP development would stop for one week and all resources went into adding proper explanations for everything that can currently be adjusted... :boggled:

It's quite a while since I fiddled with any of the Neck FX settings, so I really can't remember to be honest. Once I got it set to what I liked (purely by trial and error), I just left if alone... but the main culprits worth adjusting pretty much are in the 'direction alignment' area I think.

If I were starting again, I'd probably start with the 'horizon lock' setting first to establish the general 'possible motion range' and the overall relationship between head movement/car movement/ & horizon movement, then adjust 'tilt with X g force' and 'tilt with Z g force' for the head motion within that range. Then it's a matter of setting how fast you like your head to fling about with the velocity filtering speed sliders.

Last edited:
I don't use much 'look to apex'. It always makes me think I'm turning the car when I'm not! As for the rest of the tweaks... They're just my attempt to make the head motion feel as natural as I can. Guess it's just a matter of taste. Of course, it may also be an indication of the weight of my head and the massive brain it houses. :lol:
:lol::D

All I want is the default that does a decent job of looking to apex - but just a few more degrees of look, or turn in.

I've slid and slid back every slider and just don't see any increase/decrease look to apex to even know what slider is responsible for it.

Do you know? :lol::dunce:

:lol::D

All I want is the default that does a decent job of looking to apex - but just a few more degrees of look, or turn in.

I've slid and slid back every slider and just don't see any increase/decrease look to apex to even know what slider is responsible for it.

Do you know? :lol::dunce:

I don't really know to be honest. It's obviously a combination of settings in the 'Look Ahead' stuff, but I turned the effect gain down there because I don't want too much 'look to apex'. It just makes me drive badly and crash more often. :crazy:

Amazing addition, mate.
I went to a ballon festival once, in Argentina (I was writing a novel, and one of the final scenes took place on a place like that), and it was impressive to watch them get that hot air and take off.
Anyways, back on topic (?), I'm working hard on the first person view helmets. Going by alphabetic order, I'm now about to start the Benetton B192 and already did 62 different helmet, so it's quite a big work (although quick to get done, once I find the reference pictures I go after).

Amazing addition, mate.
I went to a ballon festival once, in Argentina (I was writing a novel, and one of the final scenes took place on a place like that), and it was impressive to watch them get that hot air and take off.
Thanks mate, there's a balloon fiesta every year not far from me. It's an amazing sight, especially at dawn when they all take off.
A novel, you say? Details, man!
;)

Okay fellas, so I have been following this thread over on Racedepartment on the creation and development of a '90's BTCC car set.

These are complete from scratch, ground-up builds. It has been taking a while longer than expected and the lead designer has reached out for anyone interested in assisting with the project to contact him.(Ben Lee)

Here are a couple videos of the BMW. He mentioned that ACFAN is doing the sounds, but that this is the Nissan sound while testing.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back