Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,077 comments
Assettogarage - have nothing in common with Assettodrive.net.
What are You talking about? Or this is just your language confusion?
Even don't know, what Assettogarage is)
Or you wanna say - they sharing AD Porsche 901?
sorry messed up again i was rushing to type it lol. My bad again. I meant that i don't want to share Assettodrive mods.

found this but not worth the price tag rtm throws. 2$ for these cars would be enough.

While I personally like the Sian, I am just going to wait for a solid leak, because RTM cars tend to be an atrocity against even basic physics, with mediocre sounds and at first glance okay, but in details completely messed up visuals.

While I personally like the Sian, I am just going to wait for a solid leak, because RTM cars tend to be an atrocity against even basic physics, with mediocre sounds and at first glance okay, but in details completely messed up visuals.
40$ ain't cheap well have to wait for a while then get someone who could fix it. Along with the others.

https://sharemods.com/mjwrwgmy7n72/vw_golfvi_gti_r.7z.html

Volkswagen Golf VI GTI R v.1.8 by M. Kass updated by Assettoland And Assetto-fr.tk for AC v1.16.3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated v2.0 04.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Add lod 1 2 3

Updated v1.9 22.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Slightly higher virtual wheel
- Front antiroll less hard

Updated v1.8 18.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Update Temperature range on semislick
- Add Handbrake
- Fronts of the car slides less

Updated v1.7 11.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
Removed lod kn5 (bug)

Updated v1.6 10.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Fix drivetrain.ini

Updated v1.4 09.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Fix Fuel tank Position
- Fix Align Using data in vw_golfvi_gti.kn5
- Add Brake Bias in setup
- Update Grip
- Update information ui_car.json

Updated v1.3 06.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Update Grip and brake

Updated v1.2 03.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Fix collider.ini and collider.kn5
- Update V10 Tyres
- Fix Flames
- Fix AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME in drivetrain.ini
- Add data for working apps Protyres

Updated 13.01.2018 by Assettoland
- sound working for AC v1.9+
- new shader settings
- Kunos car preview

preview.jpg

Hey felllow forum users. Do we have anyone in here able to tell me how to fix the modded cars colliders? Many of them are waaay wrong, and I would like to correct them. Do I import to 3DSmax, fix it there and then export? Looking forward to any answers. Have a great Tuesday :)
It's not too difficult. Three things you need:
1) 3DS Max to reshape/create a collider
2) Kunos editor to give the collider its shader (in case you created it from scratch)
3) Notepad to edit the colliders.ini file
The dimension and the position of the collider box are in the colliders.ini, in the data folder. If you look at it in CM showroom you can see the alterations done in the .ini in real time.

Follow this video:

Edit: can anyone help me remove the glass completly from the lambo egoista, i tuned mine up so it has DRS/ brake activated wing brake that uses the same animation as the normal speed wing controller. and some other stuff, but i need this thing to be roofless

dd58e9981764e9a1d9045e7276ed731d.png

Last edited:
Serious question,
I like to help my daughter in confidence for learning, she is 12 and learn driving on road just basics, like change gear, follow traffic, stay in lane basics what is best road with AI traffic for AC for her to use?

Not to teach how to drive, just for her to sit in rig (no race) on road and drive H pattern with nice slow traffic etc
She can get learn how to change gear, basics etc before i let her in family car in few years time?

any advice on good road with traffic?

I see this in my history and i think maybe it not good.Maybe i try again. Does anybody try this at all?
Would modded AC be better than CCD?

It good idea and i did see sale and think hmm maybe i buy this.
I have no idea how it work, feel, drive, etc. Maybe AC be more beautiful, nicer cars, greater ffb and more fun for both of us?

If this game good enough, i and anyone good experiece i buy it if you recommend it :)

As great as AC is, especially how it turned out to be incredible flexible given the handful of geniuses who have taken it to where it is today, ... I would never recommend it as a tool to help new drivers.

I always recommend to people asking me about this topic (there have been a few curiously ) to get a decent enough setup with steering wheel, pedals and H-pattern shifter, a large monitor (or preferably a triple screen setup) and get yourself a copy of GTA5.

Now don't roll your eyes and hear me out:

Set up GTA5 with the manual transmission mod:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/manual-transmission-ikt

In order to do so you first will have to learn how to use basic modding tools in GTA5 (the site I linked has a great knowledgebase and all the info needed)
Once setup properly you will get in GTA5 what currently (unfortunately) NO OTHER racing sim, driving sim or game can offer to aid new drivers:

There is nothing like the incredibly busy road traffic in different areas around Los Santos.
You have incredibly busy streets full of pedestrians, all kinds of vehicles, emergency response vehicles, occasionally moving through traffic, busses, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, you name it, ...

You have proper traffic aids, such as fully functional traffic lights, road signs and an entire environment, properly interacting with it.

There is a plethora of mods available to further take control of the environment, increase certain traffic, adjust behavior of the environment to your needs, etc.

And yes, of course you can drive your vehicle from a proper first person perspective in the cars cockpit with fully functioning instruments, HUD, as you need it.

The best is, just like in real life, you can increasingly ramp up the distraction level to train a new driver to focus on safety and priorities in driving - you have a radio, a GPS, a telephone, all kinds of realistic, funny and even chaotic traffic situation.

In my opinion GTA5 with mods is currently THE BEST DRIVING SCHOOL simulator out there.

And no, you do not have to shoot guns, run over pedestrians or run from the police - those are just aspects of the game people who never explored its capabilities are getting hung up on.

Here is something I recommend for people who are actually enjoying driving:
- get yourself one of the good quality mod cars on the site I linked above (think a proper 69 Charger or 67 Mustang or even a modern Hellcat or Demon if you like), properly install the manual transmission mod and set up the game for as realistic driving as possible (no HUD, crank up graphics, install a few hyper realistic graphics mods, etc)

Then get in that car and drive around town.

Sure the underlying physics and not even close to what AC not to mention ACC are providing but the actual DRIVING experience in the dark, in the rain, in busy traffic is second to none.

I do not remember how many years ago it was that I discharged a firearm in GTA5 or deliberately killed an NPC - to me GTA5 is just the greatest driving simulator with physics simplified.

Oh, and yes, FFB can be setup with teh manual transmission mod above and it can be pretty decent.

EuckwV9BwS.jpg

Formula RSS 3 V6 for Assetto Corsa
This car is free as our appreciation for all of your support over the last couple of years!

This is the Formula RSS 3 V6 for the PC version of Assetto Corsa by Race Sim Studio, a car based on the specifications of current modern Formula 3 cars.

This car features:
• A 2019 specification professional-grade vehicle model.
• High quality engine sounds.
• Accurately designed car physics with professional team feedback.

You can find more information on our website and our social media links at:

http://racesimstudio.com
https://www.facebook.com/racesimstudio
https://twitter.com/racesimstudio

Our Policy
Not to be used for public/corporate events of any kind without our permission.

© 2019 Race Sim Studio. All rights reserved.

Link : https://sellfy.com/p/Cmuc/

Hi Cote Dazur, no, I'm not in the other dimension, in fact I returned the Oculus Rift S:
I got extreme disconfort wearing the glasses, too much weight in the cheeks. I adjusted the Oculus 1000 times and can't stand wearing them. Also the skin in my face had marks, red zones. I have a very sensitive skin and in the past suffered rosacea so I can't risk myself to suffer it again.
Also, the image quality is bad. I dowloaded the debug tool, tried all things possible etc etc etc and cant achieve good acceptable quality.
On the positive side, the feel of being there is incredible, the cockpits awesome. But I have to wait some years when technology progress and they make much lighter and comfortable glasses.
I will be in by then for sure.
Ah, what a shame. That must have been quite disappointing.
It sounds like you spent a lot of time trying to improve the fit and IQ without success, but I'm still surprised when you say 'the image quality is bad'. OK, 'bad' is a relative term but my CV1 has 'worse' IQ than the Rift S and I think it's bloody good, and this is from someone who watches 4k film and sport content on a 65" UHD Samsung and has a 50" 4k monitor in the games room. I still think something wasn't 'right' with your setup for you to call IQ 'bad', some driver somewhere, some setting or some tick box. Were you getting anything like these 'through the lens' Rift S images? Bear in mind that the CV1 IQ in these videos is ALWAYS worse that what I actually see for myself in my headset, as filming through a VR HMD lens is always far from ideal. My CV1 image is noticeably better that what's shown for the Rift S in this video, and binocular vision obviously makes everything come 'alive'.

As for the fit, when I was new to VR I made the mistake of having the headset strapped tightly to my face and would also have red marks and 'dents' in my skin after some time. My HMD is now adjusted to be a 'looser' fit which helps with overall comfort, and is absolutely fine even when being thrown around violently in the motion rig. The skin condition you mention may well be enough to mean that VR will never be for you anyway.

Anyway, you gave it a good shot. I'm still disappointed for you though, as I am whenever anyone says they can't get on with VR for sim racing. I always want to shake them by the shoulders and scream "what are you talking about, it's bloody incredible!!" ;)

Last edited:
Edit: can anyone help me remove the glass completly from the lambo egoista, i tuned mine up so it has DRS/ brake activated wing brake that uses the same animation as the normal speed wing controller. and some other stuff, but i need this thing to be roofless

dd58e9981764e9a1d9045e7276ed731d.png

We already did this back in February:

Iybtrpr.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-223#post-12639364

Here's a new link to the car, but you'll need the config posted around the same time as the post above.

https://anonfiles.com/nch23eD3na/ag_lamborghini_egoista_targa_7z

upload_2019-2-13_19-5-23-png.799377

https://sharemods.com/aioztpf865sn/ford_gt40mk2.7z.html

Updated v1.5 04.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Update LOD
- Fix F6 Camera

preview.jpg
Same problem as before with the missing lods ini, but I've worked out why. You didn't delete the data folder after repacking it, so anyone who has 'use unpacked data if it exists' ticked in CM (which is necessary for some of Legion's mods) will have the same problem I did.
Just delete the unpacked data folder (leaving data.acd in place) and the problem is solved.

https://sharemods.com/mjwrwgmy7n72/vw_golfvi_gti_r.7z.html

Volkswagen Golf VI GTI R v.1.8 by M. Kass updated by Assettoland And Assetto-fr.tk for AC v1.16.3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated v2.0 04.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Add lod 1 2 3

Updated v1.9 22.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Slightly higher virtual wheel
- Front antiroll less hard

Updated v1.8 18.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Update Temperature range on semislick
- Add Handbrake
- Fronts of the car slides less

Updated v1.7 11.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
Removed lod kn5 (bug)

Updated v1.6 10.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Fix drivetrain.ini

Updated v1.4 09.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Fix Fuel tank Position
- Fix Align Using data in vw_golfvi_gti.kn5
- Add Brake Bias in setup
- Update Grip
- Update information ui_car.json

Updated v1.3 06.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Update Grip and brake

Updated v1.2 03.08.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Fix collider.ini and collider.kn5
- Update V10 Tyres
- Fix Flames
- Fix AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME in drivetrain.ini
- Add data for working apps Protyres

Updated 13.01.2018 by Assettoland
- sound working for AC v1.9+
- new shader settings
- Kunos car preview

preview.jpg
Same problem with this car, you've left the data folder AND the data.acd in the car folder. There should be one or the other, but not both. Which is the correct one, and which one should be deleted? There's a danger the user might delete the old data.

why do one wants to remove the glass dome completely? :)

Probably because of the obnoxious vertical struts?

Ah, what a shame. That must have been quite disappointing.
It sounds like you spent a lot of time trying to improve the fit and IQ without success, but I'm still surprised when you say 'the image quality is bad'. OK, 'bad' is a relative term but my CV1 has 'worse' IQ than the Rift S and I think it's bloody good, and this is from someone who watches 4k film and sport content on a 65" UHD Samsung and has a 50" 4k monitor in the games room. I still think something wasn't 'right' with your setup for you to call IQ 'bad', some driver somewhere, some setting or some tick box. Were you getting anything like these 'through the lens' Rift S images? Bear in mind that the CV1 IQ in these videos is ALWAYS worse that what I actually see for myself in my headset, as filming through a VR HMD lens is always far from ideal. My CV1 image is noticeably better that what's shown for the Rift S in this video, and binocular vision obviously makes everything come 'alive'.

As for the fit, when I was new to VR I made the mistake of having the headset strapped tightly to my face and would also have red marks and 'dents' in my skin after some time. My HMD is now adjusted to be a 'looser' fit which helps with overall comfort, and is absolutely fine even when being thrown around violently in the motion rig. The skin condition you mention may well be enough to mean that VR will never be for you anyway.

Anyway, you gave it a good shot. I'm still disappointed for you though, as I am whenever anyone says they can't get on with VR for sim racing. I always want to shake them by the shoulders and scream "what are you talking about, it's bloody incredible!!" ;)

Yes, I was very excited about the glasses, but well, I have to wait some years.
The image quality is more or less like the video you posted, but with lots of shimmering and defects. But, anyway, as awesome as be in the cockpit is using VR, I would tolerate it unless for the disconform wearing the glasses.

I tried tight, looser fit, everything. The grip system is different from your CV1, so maibe the screwed it up a little in this model.

I'm pretty sure if they make glasses a little more like ordinary eyeglasses, or at least with less weight, I will enjoy VR in the future.

1. With Kyalami for example, have the file downloaded from RaceDepartment and have CamTool downloaded and activated within CM

2. After the race at Kyalami and you’re back in CM, select “Keep Replay”

3. Load up the replay from the “Media” tab in CM (Your replay save will be on the left hand side)

4. When the replay is playing, open up the CamTool app, go to its settings and select “load”

5. From there you choose the file you downloaded from RaceDepartment (It should just be called 1). If it works you will see on the app loads of numbers appear on the left side of the app

6. Press the “power” icon on the top right of the app to activate CamTool. Put your replay back to the start and enjoy

I have to assume this doesn't work in VR. I followed the instructions to the letter but only get fixed panning cameras in VR with no 'spider-cam'-type motion. If I switch to 2D (Ugh! My eyes! ;) ) then I get the full effect, albeit with shoddy frame rates.
If anyone know how to get it working in VR, please shout.
As an aside, I've been using the app correctly all this time, but the Kyalami preset is for the winter version and doesn't work for the (better IMHO) summer version, so that's why I was getting nothing before.
Seems like an interesting app but too much of a faff for me. I've never been one to spend much time watching replays anyway.

Yes, I was very excited about the glasses, but well, I have to wait some years.
The image quality is more or less like the video you posted, but with lots of shimmering and defects. But, anyway, as awesome as be in the cockpit is using VR, I would tolerate it unless for the disconform wearing the glasses.

I tried tight, looser fit, everything. The grip system is different from your CV1, so maibe the screwed it up a little in this model.

I'm pretty sure if they make glasses a little more like ordinary eyeglasses, or at least with less weight, I will enjoy VR in the future.
I have had both and the S is lighter and more comfortable for me. The only downgrade in my opinion, and its a big one, is the sound, much preferred the earphones on the cv1.

Same problem as before with the missing lods ini, but I've worked out why. You didn't delete the data folder after repacking it, so anyone who has 'use unpacked data if it exists' ticked in CM (which is necessary for some of Legion's mods) will have the same problem I did.
Just delete the unpacked data folder (leaving data.acd in place) and the problem is solved.

I leave some files in data for it to work directly with protyres, never anyone had the problem you tell me used a lot of cars for my OPEN, never had a problem

Fantastic job
Edit: only thing i noticed, is the stock gear set by default is too short, top speed is like 120, it can easily be changed in tuning, but if you make the first gearset in the Finalrto.ini the proper gear ratio you want. itll load in with the car as the default so that we dont have to tune the gear ratio every time we drive it. other than that everything els felt great
Did anyone ever get around to changing the default gearing? I totally agree that the standard ratios are far too short and feel more like a rally car than a GT3. A final ratio of 14/48 in the pre-race setup seems to feel about right, but it's a PITA loading this up every time.

I leave some files in data for it to work directly with protyres, never anyone had the problem you tell me used a lot of cars for my OPEN, never had a problem
It'll be a rare problem because not many people use the option to use unpacked data, which Legion does on occasion.
I think data.acd will always override an unpacked data folder unless 'use unpacked data if exists' is ticked in CM, in which case the open folder is used.
Does protyres somehow access the unpacked folder at the same time as data.acd?
Regardless, having both is what's causing the lods error if the CM box is ticked. Maybe the lods.ini needs placing in the unpacked folder as well?
Or can't you just put the protyres data in data.acd along with everything else and delete the unpacked folder?
As I said, it's a rare error but not one that's unique to me, it'll affect anyone who has 'use unpacked data if exists' ticked. Maybe there's a solution that doesn't involve unticking this box to use your car, or for people who don't use protyres?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to assume this doesn't work in VR. I followed the instructions to the letter but only get fixed panning cameras in VR with no 'spider-cam'-type motion. If I switch to 2D (Ugh! My eyes! ;) ) then I get the full effect, albeit with shoddy frame rates.
If anyone know how to get it working in VR, please shout.
As an aside, I've been using the app correctly all this time, but the Kyalami preset is for the winter version and doesn't work for the (better IMHO) summer version, so that's why I was getting nothing before.
Seems like an interesting app but too much of a faff for me. I've never been one to spend much time watching replays anyway.
I’m not entirely sure as I don’t use VR, but there is this preset for CamTool 2 for Monaco 2017 which should work and be set up the same way, but I can’t confirm if it works

Monaco 2017
http://www.mediafire.com/file/24ld1trvidybkul/monaco_2017_2.0.zip/file

CamTool VR Preset
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/monaco-camtool-replay-for-vr.29399/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back