Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,206 comments
The only thing I can suggest, @Masscot, is to visit the official forums and try a search on the forums. If you don't find an existing post - go ahead and start one yourself. You shouldn't have to deal with that problem. :grumpy:

That track Kičevo is interesting. The author, Lemax, is a fantastic track builder. I recently donated to him and received full versions of his other tracks. The other two are cool as well. Biķernieki Race Track is really nice. That dude is working with a laser scanned surface too...he's doing an awesome job.
Thanks - I found the solution (use the on-track audio app to select the correct audio driver) and posted my findings on the official forums. It seems to be a common problem so my post will hopefully help somebody.

Re those tracks, Biķernieki Race Track is my pick of the bunch. Fast, flowing and wide. Love it!

Looks like I missed the boat if it's no longer supported by the creator, which is a shame ofcourse. Thanks m8
Sidekick is the successor to Race Essentials and has pretty much everything you would need. I'd give that a go. :)

I'm a big supporter of SideKick too. @Topuz, the original creator of Race Essentials AND SideKick, gave up on development of Race Essentials so he could focus on the continued development of SideKick. I think he also helps out on the Content Manager project with @x4fab, but I can't guarantee that. Maybe he helps testing or something. Anyway, @Topuz passed the source code of Race Essentials on to @WallyM who is continuing development of Race Essentials. The current version v1.4.9 was released one month ago (9/21/2017) - you can find the official development & support thread here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/raceessentials-v1-4-9.41103/.

Well, good news for those of us who don't mind driving ripped mod cars. Forza 7 cars have been decoded, so hopefully we'll be seeing Forza 7 models used in that part of the car modding world.
I've got no expectations of Turn 10 patching in VR support for FM7 so I need good versions of Maple Valley and Bernese Alps to drive in VR..!

Also, cross-post from another forum:

Here's an excellent way to get Crew Chief to come through a headset while keeping the main game audio fed from your TV or amp:

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?125-Routing-game-audio-to-a-different-output-device

Totally transforms Crew Chief for me as I can now actually hear the engineer and spotter over my engine. Plus, it's pretty damn cool having CC piped directly into your 'helmet' like a real racing driver. The new spotter voice choices are great too.

Works like a dream with the Rift's built-in headphones.

That's awesome @Masscot. Thanks for sharing. I usually play with game audio piped through headphones, but not always. Crew Chief is a great app. It's so nice seeing how much effort some people put into making the entire sim racing community a better place. I haven't been using Crew Chief lately, but I'm going to have to try it out tonight with this new trick you've posted. 👍 :cheers:

Last edited:
That's awesome @Masscot. Thanks for sharing. I usually play with game audio piped through headphones, but not always. Crew Chief is a great app. It's so nice seeing how much effort some people put into making the entire sim racing community a better place. I haven't been using Crew Chief lately, but I'm going to have to try it out tonight with this new trick you've posted. 👍 :cheers:
Crew Chief is amazing, it really is. Racing without it feels like wearing blinkers, especially in the scuba mask of current VR where peripheral vision is limited. It let you turn your HUD completely off for even more immersion, and being able to ask spoken commands like "how's my fuel?" and "who's leading?" just adds to that.

Let me know how you get on with audiorouter because I haven't quite worked out how to lock it to a session. Sometimes it does it, other times I need to route the game audio from Rift to receiver every time I head to the track in the same session. I *think* it's to do with whether you route the 'launcher' audio or the other channel that's available (can't remember what it's called right now). Like joy2key you have to do the startup in the correct order when starting your PC and sim racing hardware for it to work properly, and I'm still working out what that order is, and when best to 'activate' the audio routing.

It's bloody brilliant having Crew Chief coming through the Rifts earphones and game audio coming through my amp though. Audiorouter routes proper surround sound too, which I originally thought it didn't.

Yes, I really should start using it for my races again. For a while, I was using it with every race...and then I didn't for some reason, I can't remember what it was. Like I said, 9 out of 10 times I race/drive with headphones plugged into my laptop. Otherwise I have the audio coming out of the two crappy speakers on my TV. I'll see what I can do to test it. 👍

Thanks all for making me know this great app called Crew Chief... I applied the italian voice (i am italian) and it's so nice driving with the assistance of a pit lane engineer

I found that in the last build of CM there is Paint Shop now a livery editor built into this program... I am not able to use it though...
Someone used it and can help me to use it too to help me design my own liveries?

Thanks all for making me know this great app called Crew Chief... I applied the italian voice (i am italian) and it's so nice driving with the assistance of a pit lane engineer

I found that in the last build of CM there is Paint Shop now a livery editor built into this program... I am not able to use it though...
Someone used it and can help me to use it too to help me design my own liveries?
Yeah, Paint Shop has been in there for a little while now. I haven't been able to figure out how to use it besides just making solid colored new paints for my cars...oh, and custom license plates. I still use Photoshop if I want to put anything "fancy" on my cars. I'll probably look into how to use Paint Shop to its potential, fairly soon.

Every sim should license Crew Chief and have it officially integrated. It's utterly brilliant.

Does it come with an on-screen widget that shows you the hand motions so you can understand what he's saying? :lol:

giphy.gif

you open the livery with custom showroom and in the Car tab you find the Paint Shop button
i open it but it let me do nothing to the livery and i would like to know what i do wrong
Thank you Riblo, so now I have to find a way to choose colors, only able to paint a car blue. :boggled:

I need to spend more time goofing around with Paint Shop. It could be an awesome tool if it shapes out to user friendly. I think that right now you need to have .dds files. So, Photoshop or some other image editor will be necessary. What makes Devs so happy about Paint Shop is as soon as you update the .dds file it automatically shows the changes in Paint Shop. Think about it, otherwise you'd have to put the .dds file(s) in the proper Skins folder and either load a car onto the track or go into a Kunos showroom to see if the placement of stickers/stripes/etc is where you want them to be.

I don't think it's ever going to be a super simple livery editor - although, I wouldn't put it past @x4fab to find a way. :lol:

Does anyone know the cgf file (and setting to change) to extend the time you can drive after crossing the finish line in single player races when the chequered flag appears? I find it a bit quick before I'm jolted back to the pits. I'd like to drive on for a little while (maybe 15 seconds more) after crossing the line.

Does anyone know the cgf file (and setting to change) to extend the time you can drive after crossing the finish line in single player races when the chequered flag appears? I find it a bit quick before I'm jolted back to the pits. I'd like to drive on for a little while (maybe 15 seconds more) after crossing the line.
I would like that to, being able to finish a lap would be great.

I knew I had seen something in the files that looked like you can change that.

I've poked around and 'found' it, but not really, because the only way I've been able to extend the cool down lap is to basically break the Esc button functionality. So not very useful at all.

There's a file called "fades" which allows you to change various black screen fade in's and out's such as when loading and/or entering the pre-race options or the track. I changed them all and the only one that 'worked' for the race ending was [ESC_MENU_FADE], the 2nd of the 5 different options.
This one affects the black screen fade in and out when you appear on the grid at the race start. If you change it to MS=15000, you'll get a 15 second fade in/out when you enter the track, but the session will still end the same as always. However, change this number into billions upon billions and the fade in and out will take so long it won't be noticeable. The race will not end until this fade in and out is all done, so you can have all the cool down laps you want, but you will have to Alt+F4 out of the session.

Location of the folder is:
SteamLibrary \ SteamApps \ common \ assettocorsa \ system \ cfg \ fades

Last edited:

I've poked around and 'found' it, but not really, because the only way I've been able to extend the cool down lap is to basically break the Esc button functionality. So not very useful at all.

There's a file called "fades" which allows you to change various black screen fade in's and out's such as when loading and/or entering the pre-race options or the track. I changed them all and the only one that 'worked' for the race ending was [ESC_MENU_FADE], the 2nd of the 5 different options.
This one affects the black screen fade in and out when you appear on the grid at the race start. If you change it to MS=15000, you'll get a 15 second fade in/out when you enter the track, but the session will still end the same as always. However, change this number into billions upon billions and the fade in and out will take so long it won't be noticeable. The race will not end until this fade in and out is all done, so you can have all the cool down laps you want, but you will have to Alt+F4 out of the session.

I didn't know that. Cool. Thanks. 👍

That is a must-have feature in Assetto Corsa 2, in my opinion. In fact, you should have to finish your cool down lap and pull into the pits or you get a DNF. And that should be important because there should be some type of Driver Rating system. I don't know squat about driver rating systems, except for a bit about Minorating. How does Minorating compare to what iRacing has or PCars 2 has?

Pretty neat, thanks! :)

That's great - thanks!

I also tried "IGNORE_RESULT_TELEPORT=1" in the steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\options.ini which apparently allows cooldown laps in multiplayer (by not 'teleporting' you to the pits post-race), but doesn't seem to work in single player (not for me, anyway).

Alt-4ing out of the session won't be a problem with the FADES technique. I often have to do that anyway as the menu doesn't appear sometimes in VR. And sometimes some of the UI items (like the lap counter) shift over to the right in VR. That's another one I'm trying to figure out.

How does Minorating compare to what iRacing has or PCars 2 has?
In this thread you can find an interesting conversation about that subject. Look at post #7469 and around.

Nothing, yet, compare to what IRacing is doin.
What they are doing for online racing is unique and way above anything else, if you don’t mind the expense and the way the cars drive.
Minorating is one step in the right direction in an attempt to keep the trouble makers at bay and it does a decent job at it. People are expecting too much out of it, grade A does not make you a great driver or racer, I am the living proof, it just mean you prefer clean racing and do not like contacts, which is good to know when trying to race with unknown driver on public server. Unfortunately there is a limited amount of grade A driver online, so if one attend to set a MR A server, you get no traffic. So what we see are MR server accepting almost all ratings with the results in T1 as good as can be expected from inviting everybody in.:D

Thanks again for this, it works a treat. As the AI continue to drive at full race speed after the finish it's also useful in answering that perennial question: would I have caught the guy in front with just one more lap?

Alt/F4-ing out when you've had enough works well, you just lose the ability to view a replay.

In this thread you can find an interesting conversation about that subject. Look at post #7469 and around.

Nothing, yet, compare to what IRacing is doin.
What they are doing for online racing is unique and way above anything else, if you don’t mind the expense and the way the cars drive.
Minorating is one step in the right direction in an attempt to keep the trouble makers at bay and it does a decent job at it. People are expecting too much out of it, grade A does not make you a great driver or racer, I am the living proof, it just mean you prefer clean racing and do not like contacts, which is good to know when trying to race with unknown driver on public server. Unfortunately there is a limited amount of grade A driver online, so if one attend to set a MR A server, you get no traffic. So what we see are MR server accepting almost all ratings with the results in T1 as good as can be expected from inviting everybody in.:D
Yeah...I don't know why I even mentioned iRacing - it's well known that they are head and shoulders above other sims when it comes to online rankings and online play, in general.

Does anyone know exactly how things work with PCars 2?

I know what you mean about the shortcomings of Minorating. Unfortunately, it's the best that's currently available. I'm surprised they haven't tried to improve Minorating. Let's call it Minorating+ and in addition to what the base MR does MR+ would have to grade your driving against the others. For instance, a player with a Grade A and 100 races is probably better/cleaner than a Grade A racer with 8 races... Someone who races with others, but always finishes three-quarters of a lap behind everyone else is a clean racer, sure...that's because there is no one around them. There are plenty of people on the Official Forums that are a hell of a lot smarter than me. I'm sure they could figure out a way - come up with a formula - that calculates your performance versus the rest of the pack. How far behind 1st place? How close to the car in front of you, if applicable. Did you start in 10th and finish in 4th - that should be rewarded compared to the guy who started in 3rd and finished 12th. Stuff like that. It makes my head spin, but like I said, there are some smart dudes over there.

Does iRacing still have that floaty or icy feeling? I remember hearing about that a few years back...but, I never turned a single lap in iRacing.

Thanks again for this, it works a treat. As the AI continue to drive at full race speed after the finish it's also useful in answering that perennial question: would I have caught the guy in front with just one more lap?

Alt/F4-ing out when you've had enough works well, you just lose the ability to view a replay.
Hmmm. Do you happen to use Content Manager? When you leave the race track it pops up a summary box of what you just did and I'm 95% sure that it gives you one final chance to watch a replay of what you just did on the track.

Hmmm. Do you happen to use Content Manager? When you leave the race track it pops up a summary box of what you just did and I'm 95% sure that it gives you one final chance to watch a replay of what you just did on the track.

I have CM but muscle memory keeps me using the AC launcher. I really must get into the habit of using CM more. I've only got the free version - is the paid version worth it?
Thanks.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back