Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,802 comments
like i said no problem mate ;) deleted my post and send them to your post :D

It's all good mate, Just do a search before you post something here. And I'm not Mr Perfect, far from it and we all make mistakes but I've been here long enough to know who's who and to respect the modders that are doing good work and Legion is one of those modders for sure. But as I say it's all good.

Hey guys, after a VERY long-ass time of many months since I converted it last summer, I'm finally proud to release the Nissan Skyline R30 Super Silhouette after a vietnamese modder called Thuakien Lu helped improving the model from some ****** textures it had before plus making sounds, physics and lights, now it properly looks gorgeous af! ^ ^
View attachment 880662

https://mega.nz/#!VSJmHAbD!Oq8rQThbPlv-sGjReq-38aVWxcT-pvFsWVMAo3us9aM

Feel free to improve it if you find something bad\wrong about it, we made our absolute best to make it look this good, cannot wait to drive this bad boy out!

(And I might plan on converting the Subaru 360 next once I learn how to properly convert Forza models using 3DSimEd like an indonesian modder called Dominicus Kenneth uses to convert SimBin ones...lol)

Thank you for sharing, yes it needs TLC.

Thank you for sharing, yes it needs TLC.

CM flagged it with 'Fix Car' as soon as I loaded it in-game because of three issues. All easily fixable in CM, but if people don't use CM then the issues will persist. The first issue listed can cause BIG problems.

Captur.PNG

Can somebody modify the "paint" of the Chiron Super Sport 300+?
Right now there's no way to reduce the glossyness / shinyness of the paint and it looks quite bad this way. The model itself is pretty good and since I've finished the physics fix for it, it's pretty enjoyable, but the terrible materials kill the fun.

Hey guys, after a VERY long-ass time of many months since I converted it last summer, I'm finally proud to release the Nissan Skyline R30 Super Silhouette after a vietnamese modder called Thuakien Lu helped improving the model from some ****** textures it had before plus making sounds, physics and lights, now it properly looks gorgeous af! ^ ^
View attachment 880662

https://mega.nz/#!VSJmHAbD!Oq8rQThbPlv-sGjReq-38aVWxcT-pvFsWVMAo3us9aM

Feel free to improve it if you find something bad\wrong about it, we made our absolute best to make it look this good, cannot wait to drive this bad boy out!

(And I might plan on converting the Subaru 360 next once I learn how to properly convert Forza models using 3DSimEd like an indonesian modder called Dominicus Kenneth uses to convert SimBin ones...lol)

Just tried this out and whilst it looks pretty good it does have a few problems. Had to fix a couple of things in content manager before I could drive it - flames, empty aero lut, and incorrect driver params and also it doesn't seem to have any brakes which was the biggest problem for me.

I see @Masscot just posted this exact thing as well lol

Right now there's no way to reduce the glossyness / shinyness of the paint and it looks quite bad this way. The model itself is pretty good and since I've finished the physics fix for it, it's pretty enjoyable, but the terrible materials kill the fun.
Why not ask @ELEMENT1999 directly - he's the original converter.

Funny I just took that for a spin and I was gonna say about just how good the carbon fibre looks on that Chiron. It's directional too which is great for someone like me who gets a little bit angry if it hasn't been done properly lol. I can't say I noticed the shinyness of the paint but after looking at pics and vids of this thing I think it's meant to look glossy

Oh and can I just say 304mph!!!!!!! If you haven't watched the top speed ruin go do it now. It's insane

Just tried this out and whilst it looks pretty good it does have a few problems. Had to fix a couple of things in content manager before I could drive it - flames, empty aero lut, and incorrect driver params and also it doesn't seem to have any brakes which was the biggest problem for me.
Yep, just tried it. Literally no brakes it seems so something's obviously gone wrong somewhere.
As it's manual gears it'd also look better with a stick shifting animation. There should be a close match from another car somewhere, then the simplest thing to do would be to alter the gearstick angle/reach to match the hand position.
Cockpit textures seem quite bright too - could some cockpit VAO be added as well?
Felt nice to drive before I crashed into the first wall though.
;)

Yep, just tried it. Literally no brakes it seems so something's obviously gone wrong somewhere.
As it's manual gears it'd also look better with a stick shifting animation. There should be a close match from another car somewhere, then the simplest thing to do would be to alter the gearstick angle/reach to match the hand position.
Cockpit textures seem quite bright too - could some cockpit VAO be added as well?
Felt nice to drive before I crashed into the first wall though.
;)

Yeah definitely needs some work but it has potential for sure, and it's good to finally get a Super Silhouette in game at last.

Well it had to be said lol. Legion's blog is a good place to go and @GzeroD is an active member of this place and does good work for the community so I'd rather see people head over there to get their cars than a mega link from someone with only 10 posts to their name.

I was agreeing with you, the 'oh dear..' was at the guy passing off legions work as his.

MEET THE JAGUAR THAT NEVER WAS.
this tune is based off of the XJ220 1988 concept car.
View attachment 880299
i used the ad XJ220 as a base for it.
so here's a list of what i did:
Changed from production rwd to the awd concept drivetrain
Changed the V6 MG Metro engine to the V12 XJR9 engine.
The kg was about 15 kg more because of the V12 engine.
Removed the turbo's since the concept version didn't have them.
Added a description and changed the tags along with the power graph data.
In terms of performance it blows away the production version.

In honesty if Jaguar kept their heads up for the XJ220 they would have made a monster instead of a half a..... supercar no wonder that people were starting to cancel the orders.
The XJ220 convertible was planned but cut because of the failed sales.

Is it possible to change the rear-view mirror so that it's angled towards the driver? It seems set up for left-hand drive at the moment, as if the driver should be in the passenger seat. The AD car is the same if @Showmebest66 is watching.

Ford Anglia works for me - Thanks for help! Thanks for mod :)
I liked this car, but it needs to be refined.
I tried something myself. Here what turned out:
- Removed bumper and number board
- Replaced wheel rims with more suitable (no chrome caps)
- Changed the position of the wipers (disturbs the view)
- Replaced 3D mesh radiator grille with texture. I don 't like it much when a small-cell grid flickers - it spoils everything. So I think the texture will look better, only me have to set up the material. It hasn 't worked out yet. Later, I want to finish this, and make LODs so you can use the big started grid of these cars.
No more road car (visual) - now racing touring car :gtpflag:
upload_2020-1-10_21-36-28.png

upload_2020-1-10_21-35-26.png

Link
https://yadi.sk/d/c3VpiRMJGx9tgA

Last edited:
The mirrors are also borked - 8-bit pixellation. Not sure how to fix this (I've forgotten).

Is it done through CM?? https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...p-by-custom-shaders-patch-setup-guide.164700/ I'm not sure if that is useful to you as I kinda managed to set mine up properly by messing around with stuff and now I don't remember what I did lol. Although that guide is for VR and i only use a single monitor....yes I know I'm still living in the dark ages but I like it in my cave :dopey:

Ford Anglia works for me - Thanks for help! Thanks for mod :)
I liked this car, but it needs to be refined.
I tried something myself. Here what turned out:
- Removed bumper and license plates
- Replaced wheel rims with more suitable (no chrome caps)
- Changed the position of the wipers (disturbs the view)
- Replaced 3D mesh radiator grille with texture. I don 't like it much when a small-cell grid flickers - it spoils everything. So I think the texture will look better, only me have to set up the material. It hasn 't worked out yet. Later, I want to finish this, and make LODs so you can use the big started grid of these cars.
No more road car (visual) - now racing touring car :gtpflag:
View attachment 880708

View attachment 880707

Link
https://yadi.sk/d/5v2MRNk3wclwqg
This tries to overwrite the doner car - can you do it as a new car?

Is it possible to change the rear-view mirror so that it's angled towards the driver? It seems set up for left-hand drive at the moment, as if the driver should be in the passenger seat.

I've been searching for a way to do this but can't find anything so I'm gonna shout out to @Cote Dazur as he seems able to work magic with configs to do things I'm not aware of, thought I suspect this is a 3d thing not a config thing

Yes, he 's rewriting the original. I didn 't think about it...
Now it 's a separate car
Replaced, updated link
https://yadi.sk/d/c3VpiRMJGx9tgA

OH MY GOD!!

YOU LEGEND!
You removed the bumpers and some nice new wheels! I am stoked!

Tell me, is that done with a graphics package or is it possible via just CM? I guess it isn't but here's hoping.

Anyway, I bow down to you, this is EXACTLY what i was hoping someone could do.
I am well happy!!!!

This is done in 3D max. There was no problem with bumpers, just "delete," but with
wheels just it didn t turn out to replace. I left part of the wheel as it is, and the inside of the disc replaced. I had to do a new mapping, and all new smoothing groups... So I think in CM or 3Dsimed it would hardly be possible to replace simple operations for this car.
If I am helped by advice on how to set up materials, how to make animation to wipers, and some other things - I will try to bring this machine to the final version. Mod TCL delivers so much pleasure from driving and variety that want yet:)

I've been searching for a way to do this but can't find anything so I'm gonna shout out to @Cote Dazur as he seems able to work magic with configs to do things I'm not aware of, thought I suspect this is a 3d thing not a config thing
I will look into it tomorrow, not sure I can help but I will try.

I will look into it tomorrow, not sure I can help but I will try.

Thank you....I'm sure it's got to be done in 3dsmax or something as it's the actual mirror that needs moving and not the reflection but you know more than me when it comes to this kind of thing.

This is done in 3D max. There was no problem with bumpers, just "delete," but with
wheels just it didn t turn out to replace. I left part of the wheel as it is, and the inside of the disc replaced. I had to do a new mapping, and all new smoothing groups... So I think in CM or 3Dsimed it would hardly be possible to replace simple operations for this car.
If I am helped by advice on how to set up materials, how to make animation to wipers, and some other things - I will try to bring this machine to the final version. Mod TCL delivers so much pleasure from driving and variety that want yet:)

There is this beauty too..... wheels don't suit it. Apart from that about good to go, even has a roll cage.:D

__custom_showroom_1578690096.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back