Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,024 comments
View attachment 901191

Just a community question about this Toyota GT86 GT4 tune I'm also working on.

The base mod comes with a V8 swap, but I personally would rather put the Boxer engine from the road car back in and tune it up.

So would you guys rather have a V8 or Flat-4 engine in this one?​

Gotta keep it real....as much as I love a v8 this has to have the 2 litre boxer four in this one. I mean 400bhp isn't shy when it comes to power so hopefully you can still achieve that figure :cheers:

View attachment 901191

The base mod comes with a V8 swap, but I personally would rather put the Boxer engine from the road car back in and tune it up.

The original road car engine. Why would you put a V8 in that, especially if it's a GT4 car

I wanted to do a joyride with trackday settings after some time. I can't run with more than 6-7 AI cars at a time at Nordschleife. All the cars seem to load but then I get an "sound may be broken" error. I checked the cars, they're all okay. This probably started after one of the latest CM updates.

Any ideas about what may be the cause?
When that happens to me, its aimed to a car. All I do is change that car's sound and next load runs fine.

It looks the part because OTTH it is the Kunos model. I think I only changed things that a real owner would if they did the engine transplant, same with the other two V8 engine swaps. 👍

Well if its is GT4 than it would have the Subaru engine.
I'm sure Toyota never put the engine from an SC430 into a GT86.

Last edited:
When that happens to me, its aimed to a car. All I do is change that car's sound and next load runs fine.
Thanks. Turns out random sfx.bank files became inaccessible without admin permission. I don't know how did that happen because I didn't even work on the cars. Replaced the sfx files from a vanilla copy of AC on my external drive (That copy saved my butt for the 100th time).

When loading the Mercedes AMG GT3 Evo (AGU facelift) I always get these three error messages in CM.
I can click each one away one after the other and then the car loads, but it's a bit disturbing.
Do I need to change something somewhere (that I can do myself) ?

View attachment 901180 View attachment 901181 View attachment 901182
That happens with a3rdperson's kn5 file. Also I get graphical glitches with it. Most noticable on rear diffuser.
I think they made the file solely for creating previews. Tedious work but you have to switch between original and modified kn5 often.

Does anyone got this error and/or know how to fix it?

upload_2020-3-20_3-7-45.png

Tia.

Is it enabled by default? Those GT4s are still encrypted when i try to render the preview.

Same with me, is it because I still have CM 0.8.2068.36126 version?
Pressing the 'check for updates' TAB doesn't modify anything and I have set, checking for updates on starting up option.

I wanted to do a joyride with trackday settings after some time. I can't run with more than 6-7 AI cars at a time at Nordschleife. All the cars seem to load but then I get an "sound may be broken" error. I checked the cars, they're all okay. This probably started after one of the latest CM updates.

Any ideas about what may be the cause?

Edit: Fixed it. Cause was a weird Windows bug or something.

how did you fix it?

edit: I found your fix in another post

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back