Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,219 comments
I almost have to do a log of the different games that Have Karts in them. Havent tried the Mario Kart you mention. I find the KS-76 ot KC-76 Russian Karts(cant remember the exact lettering) handle pretty good for me. They do want to snap around if you turn too much too quickly, that is with default settings.

i know I have tried the Pcar2 kart on Brands Hatch, dont remember how the Rfactor2 karts are. AMS2 kart is not bad but racing with AI several weeks ago they were all over the place on the tracks and too many incidents.

I haven't tried KartKraft for a while, they have done some updates, so may get around to trying them again. Wish the game had more tracks to have fun on. Weren't they supposed to have ability for 3rd party modders to create their own tracks?

Like you say, we used our bodies also for controlling the Karts in the corners. I did single engine Karts on our local tracks, but I remember watching the Dual engine Kart guys throwing the karts into the corners.

take care

I was referring to Mario Kart as in Nintendo - not the mod :lol: although there is a Mario skin pack available for another kart mod on RD.
Now I have the settings pretty much dialled in (for me anyhow) this latest kart is enjoyable and I can throw it into the corners without it snapping round. Tried Safi's suggestion of 100 Steer lock and it just went mental again so i'm sticking to 10 as it works for me and my controller.
I quite like those Russian Karts but they look like something that was knocked up in a shed in the 80s, and I prefer the modern karts for sure.

Yes and my opinion is that PCars 2 has crap grass / trees.....

"never be afraid of having your own opinion" works both ways.... ~~ AC steals all my time.

my old man gave me some invaluable life advice.. "opinions are like buttholes.. everybody has one.." ;)

I like all my sim games, no fanboi issues with me, i just like some MORE... I categorise them by arcadish sim (good for letting my mates play when they come around) and by sim games that mostly only I play as casual players find them too frustrating. -BUT- Under no circumstances do I ever imagine any of them are even nearly close to being in the actual vehicle, they are all just exactly what they are, just games. To get my speed groove on I keep 3 very real motorcycles in my garage ;)

Of interest sake, what are we all playing and what is the favourite? Mine by personal "opinion" in order of enjoyment for killing a few hours

RF2 >> AMS2 >> AC >>BEAM(rock crawling only)>>ACC>>DR2>>ETS>>Spintyres
but, by hours this list on top might look like this
AC>>AMS2>>ACC etc and AC mostly because i spend more time modding it than playing it! ;)

when the mates come around to play, I have to admit, the easiest thing to set them up with to just "play" in this order
FM7 >> GRID >> WRC >> and then when they want the "full sim" experiencve, triple screen, vr etc then finally its PC2.

In terms of the other stuff in that list, i dont even bother with R3E anymore and things like wreckfest, burnout and CCD are for the kids, they love them. LFS I boot up once in a while for retro sake..

upload_2020-8-16_6-0-50.png

upload_2020-8-16_6-1-21.png

Here you go. Extract the ini file from zip to: ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars folder (if there is no cars folder, create it). Remember that this is connected to the folder name of the car. If you will rename the folder of the car, the ini file name has to be renamed to match the folder name.

By the way, nice looking car. How does it drive? I like a few cars from Assetopedia, especially the Jaguar XJS Group A car.

Attachments

• ap_abarth_124_2017.zip
    257 bytes · Views: 22
Here you go. Extract the ini file from zip to: ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars folder (if there is no cars folder, create it). Remember that this is connected to the folder name of the car. If you will rename the folder of the car, the ini file name has to be renamed to match the folder name.

By the way, nice looking car. How does it drive? I like a few cars from Assetopedia, especially the Jaguar XJS Group A car.

thanks! It’s really nice actually, I’m working on some physics fixes (the transmission and engine stuff was a little off) but overall it’s actually surprisingly good.

Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR '95

Can't find a good Del Sol this is best I found. Lots can still be improved but I have fixed some bits for now:

Model by unknown - cant find source

- Working Wipers (you will get wet :eek:)
- Internal Glass
- LODs
- AO on skins
- Fixed some holes
- Corrected Power & Weight
- Removed flames
- Improved Collider
- Car is now paintable
- Other small fixes

Mirrors still need looking at, more holes need fixing, etc It is still fun to drive !

I hope you like, enjoy :)

full

https://sharemods.com/nvaozzanbyy5/honda_crx_del_sol.rar.html

the model looks the best available but all the rest is still very much work to be done........

Is there a good BAC mono around ? Found one 'updated' by assettofrtk but it's the worst piece of ***** I've ever driven in AC.

I also have Bac Mono by assettofrtk 2.0 version

thanks! It’s really nice actually, I’m working on some physics fixes (the transmission and engine stuff was a little off) but overall it’s actually surprisingly good.
Yes Assetopedia had good physics. Why don't you shoot me a link when you update it. It looks like a car I might take around LA Canyons when I don't want race and need to just wind down from a long day.

Some cars (like the Kunos cars and the ones from AC Cars Reworked) have plates that you can customize in CM Showroom and some don't (like A3DR's and many others). What makes a car's plates customizable? I thought it was just the material and texture names, but some cars with noncustomizable plates have the same names as customizeable ones.

. -BUT- Under no circumstances do I ever imagine any of them are even nearly close to being in the actual vehicle, they are all just exactly what they are, just games.

Please delete this nonsense before my ex-wife or somebody else's present wife reads it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was talking to Beto some times ago by the time he released his wonderful Pista and he said he would have updated his Bac Mono someday, I think it's one of his first mods. I think I'll ping him because I really like that car

Yes I can concur. He was saying a while back on FB that he will not concentrate on new models, but on updating old ones next.

One more that waited and waited....... and there it is.

View media item 66816
BMW Z3 M Coupe

Original mod by WKMOD

-Rims changed to the correct from BMW M5
-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed engine sound
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed engine power
-Changed tyres and their size
-Changed position of the tank
-Change gearshifts
-Changed steering settings
-Revised tyre shaders
-Added car description
-Added new mirrors

bmw_z3m.rar - 74.7 MB

Oh, unfortunately, yours overwrite the Velo's mod.

the model looks the best available but all the rest is still very much work to be done........

I also have Bac Mono by assettofrtk 2.0 version
Like I say more to be done. Hopefully me fixing a bit and making it more presentable will help somebody to start on the other issues and someday we may have a very worthy del sol! :cheers:

link this track ? many thanks

You should do some research before asking for links

This is from the RD post

"A bit of a progress update on my Battenbergring circuit. Added the higher-poly trees, tried a new model for the low-poly trees (for better lighting - still only 6 tris each), new footbridges, added timing tower, added marshal huts, added more houses / farms, new AI line.

Still lots to do, but I'm getting there, and I'm still enjoying the whole process"

I was referring to Mario Kart as in Nintendo - not the mod :lol: although there is a Mario skin pack available for another kart mod on RD.
Now I have the settings pretty much dialled in (for me anyhow) this latest kart is enjoyable and I can throw it into the corners without it snapping round. Tried Safi's suggestion of 100 Steer lock and it just went mental again so i'm sticking to 10 as it works for me and my controller.
I quite like those Russian Karts but they look like something that was knocked up in a shed in the 80s, and I prefer the modern karts for sure.

Ah thanks @Mr800 I know there are a couple Mario type tracks for AC.

I know I am dating myself, but I raced in the Junior and Adult Kart classes back in the 1960's and 70"s with a Kart that was more upright like the KS-76 mod Karts, different motors though. Modern Karts are so Streamlined now and bet they are fun to drive.

take care

Last edited:
Ah thanks @Mr800 I know there are a couple Mario type tracks for AC.

take care

It's Boo with a B not an 8 lol, but it's ok I'll let you off ;)

But yeah there's Yoshi village and another one but I can't remember it's name, oh and apparently there's a Rainbow Road floating about too

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back