Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
I would also acutely agree to this... It's ACs' platform diversity that is the appealing point for me, and quite certain, for many others as well. The other wow factor of appeal is to also engage within an alike-user group forum/s (like GT Planet) to share experiences and cross-reference mod-material, which just keeps adding value to the current levels of the Depth & Breath of the game. 👍

I have just spent 30 mins watching people 'walk' around in microsoft FS 2020.
It was incredible.....
Then watched gamer muscle talk about the flight-sim and what he likes about sims and why he plays them....

For me, it is as much about seeing the world played out in a sim as it is in shaving seconds off a lap time. Same as flight sims aren't just about fltying and landing...

In that respect AC is a true sim on a level of a flight-sim.

I can F7 and walk around tracks, watch the sun set etc....

I am not ashamed to say, i am happy wandering around a track paddock in game as much as i am driving the track...

I decided yesterday to add AO to that z3m posted here but I've noticed now fixed a bit uploaded it too. I want to say thank you for caring about stuff like AO since some people thinks it is totally optional when it shouldn't be. I decided then to download the new version with AO, update some shaders and make a lottle config for materials like car paint, glass and seats leather (looked completely white under sunlight). So this is the fixed a bit version with some visual updates:
https://mega.nz/file/IoAxSKKJ#XkWS_L-x6XFZM9UOULuAYVwBJHVLB2BnDx8IaXMGftA
The car still has some issues like calipers clipping through brake disks that can be easily fixed in 3dsmax butthis is just a quick update.

And to all the modders: Please map all your stuff and generate AO as txDiffuse, please

Hi, only the left headlight lights up, the right one stays off. Also, what is AO?

Hi, only the left headlight lights up, the right one stays off. Also, what is AO?
About headlights sorry but I'm not the mod author. I can explain what Ao is:
Ao stands for Ambient Occlusion and it's basically a texture with pre baked shadows that should be put as txDiffuse on any object in ac because ac engine is old and can't make ambient occlusion in real time for cars, it's basically a workaround to make cars look more realistic. If a model is mapped you can even generate the Ao texture with content manager showroom or you can make it with blender and 3dsmax, that's why mapping models is important, both in the exterior and in the interior. This is a visual example to show the difference Ao can make:
No AO:
pGwobWR.jpg

AO:
IaI2vWc.png

Last edited:
I decided yesterday to add AO to that z3m posted here but I've noticed now fixed a bit uploaded it too. I want to say thank you for caring about stuff like AO since some people thinks it is totally optional when it shouldn't be. I decided then to download the new version with AO, update some shaders and make a lottle config for materials like car paint, glass and seats leather (looked completely white under sunlight). So this is the fixed a bit version with some visual updates:

LMUVjTc.png

VtSsLCF.png

The car still has some issues like calipers clipping through brake disks that can be easily fixed in 3dsmax butthis is just a quick update.

And to all the modders: Please map all your stuff and generate AO as txDiffuse, please

I only improve what I know .In 99 percent of physics, car sound, rims, skins, etc. But shaders/AO are not my fairy tale....

Don't take it personally but after your last update, there is actually a problem with ligthining one of the headlights, as sonicmarmy writes, and before that it was not,but that doesn't change the fact that the paint looks crazy.

View media item 66861
View media item 66895

LMUVjTc.png

VtSsLCF.png

Thanks for showing this car some more love! it is great when we can all come together and improve as a whole. But as well as a light not working I think you made a mistake by adding the skin file "nodamage_lod0.dds" back into the skins folders. It takes away all of the AO you had defended, I don't know if that was intended or a mistake but if you delete all of those single files in each skin folder then the AO comes back as I put the baked AO file into the car itself so the colour is controlled by "metal_detail.dds" and changeable in CM paintshop on the fly.

This showroom i think shows AO the best :

You're new edit :

My previous edit :

Like I said I will try get the wipers done today or tomorrow and make some lods if i have time to also get them done but it would be good to have your new additions all working so I can put them on the latest version we have :gtplanet:

Thanks for showing this car some more love! it is great when we can all come together and improve as a whole. But as well as a light not working I think you made a mistake by adding the skin file "nodamage_lod0.dds" back into the skins folders. It takes away all of the AO you had defended, I don't know if that was intended or a mistake but if you delete all of those single files in each skin folder then the AO comes back as I put the baked AO file into the car itself so the colour is controlled by "metal_detail.dds" and changeable in CM paintshop on the fly.

This showroom i think shows AO the best :

You're new edit :

My previous edit :

Like I said I will try get the wipers done today or tomorrow and make some lods if i have time to also get them done but it would be good to have your new additions all working so I can put them on the latest version we have :gtplanet:
As far as i'm aware naming something same as the AO shouldn't overwrite it but add ON TO IT like shown here with my XJ220S. The white one is without the skin stuff that is named as the AO or the stuff that ''overwrites it'' and the Red one is the one with the skin stuff that is named the same as the AO and that '''overwrites it'''. They are literally the same.... Some reflections might seem different since i positioned the camera not 100% correctly.
__custom_showroom_1597669694.jpg

__custom_showroom_1597669714.jpg

As far as i'm aware naming something same as the AO shouldn't overwrite it but add ON TO IT like shown here with my XJ220S. The white one is without the skin stuff that is named as the AO or the stuff that ''overwrites it'' and the Red one is the one with the skin stuff that is named the same as the AO and that '''overwrites it'''. They are literally the same.... Some reflections might seem different since i positioned the camera not 100% correctly.
View attachment 950139
View attachment 950140
No it overwrites it it definitely does not add to it. Your latest zonda has skins in the folder with no AO on them and that completely removed your baked AO. Try checking them out in a showroom that shows AO more and you will see.

No it overwrites it it definitely does not add to it. Your latest zonda has skins in the folder with no AO on them and that completely removed your baked AO. Try checking them out in a showroom that shows AO more and you will see.
it does not overwrite it removing the stuff from the skin folder looks identical its only painted in white the reflections are literally the same along with shading all it does is add paint on the car and it looks baked even when it ''' overwrites it''' it does not look worse in any way.

Anyone know what search to use to find Guerilla mods in cm?
Tried rollovers / the rollovers / guerilla no luck. rollovers finds a couple but nothing new like the GT4 merc.
gue only turns up three cars, three old ones, nothing current.

thankie

This works bullseye for me.
432q.png

Just add this at the end of the car name. And you'll get only and all the Guerilla's cars.

Update to track folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/drn2rpx8h1tvo

Mid-Ohio v2.0 - no change
Auto24ring v1.8 - no change
Algarve v 2.0 - no change

Nogaro v2.6 UPDATE:

- Fixed tree wall mapping
- Reduced the mirroring effect of glass
- Fixed pit trottoir mapping
- Fixed banner/flags transparency
- Track section names by Fanapryde included.

Spielberg (Oesterreichring) 1974 + 1977 v2.5 UPDATE:
- added CSP grass
- removed long grass meshes
- improved trees and grass textures and shaders
- added VAO patch by Slider666
- included crowd texture by pepperoni AC24
- included worn road patches in 74 version
- split both years into different folders for better naming in CM
- made the groove dynamic

Since March 11th I have been a professional bass player without a gig... thanks to corona.
So if you buy me a beer on Paypal, that would really keep me motivated :)
But also if you don't: enjoy the tracks!

https://paypal.me/moddingmusician

Last edited:
Thanks for showing this car some more love! it is great when we can all come together and improve as a whole.

It seems to me that this is exactly how work on this forum should look like. Let everyone do what they do best and we'll have a lot of good mods.

In CM/CONTENT/CARS try (create) filter author:GUERILLA or a:GUERILLA

edit: UI file contains line "author": "GUERILLA Mods + The Rollovers" - so above filter ought to work

The "a:" 👍 thanks a lot racealot.
Guerella and Gue doesn't find them all but a: does, no other author does this, wonder why its only them. :D

Thanks again.
ps: imo, their physics and drive is right at the top of the list. Merc for example, predictable, ffb and drive is top stuff.
p5vv.png

This works bullseye for me.
432q.png

Just add this at the end of the car name. And you'll get only and all the Guerilla's cars.

Yeah tried that long ago, no workie but ty.
n7w9.png

Last edited:
Hello,
I currently use SOL and the CSP and all works great.

May I ask, What is this Adams Enhanced SOL?
Does it work with the regular SOL and what does it add that I dont get with SOL?
Anybody try it?

I keep seeing this on Race Dept.

thanks and take care,

Hello,
I currently use SOL and the CSP and all works great.

May I ask, What is this Adams Enhanced SOL?
Does it work with the regular SOL and what does it add that I dont get with SOL?
Anybody try it?

I keep seeing this on Race Dept.

thanks and take care,
Eh, 's just a PPFilter, even better than Inmersive IMHO, you should give it a try if you like.

and I just learned that the rally academy website got dropped, shame. There was some mods on there that I liked such as the Lancer Evo. V.
https://www.rallyacademy.online/

Oh well, that's life I suppose. I already have the mods I wanted from there, it's just always good to have a place to download them again just in case I lose the files.

---
Anyway, does anyone know where I can find this Lime Rock Mountain mod again?

I recall getting it from this site, but I can't find it on there anymore. I was just wondering if someone moved it somewhere else.
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/?...BobsEpyIJXoGYrDxAEdXeEK0-jjR7R-Uby6YIh-JfuIAk

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back