Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,795 comments
full

Sorry my PC was not working but I have now got the BMW pretty much as far as I can take it. If anyone feels like they can improve it in anyway please do thats what this is all about :gtpflag:

BMW E47 Z3 M Coupe

New for this version 0.95

good LODS
more accurate speedo
vibrating exhausts
sound changed to kunos 1M - I think more of a suit than the strange one it had
improved interior airbag and gauge textures

BMW E47 Z3 M Coupe

Have a great weekend :cheers:

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to have a fixed version of Wick Island? It's not a bad little layout apart from normal rF overexposure, but the biggest issue is the blurry low-res horizon. It looks lifted straight from the Nintendo 64.

full

Sorry my PC was not working but I have now got the BMW pretty much as far as I can take it. If anyone feels like they can improve it in anyway please do thats what this is all about :gtpflag:

BMW E47 Z3 M Coupe

New for this version 0.95

good LODS
more accurate speedo
vibrating exhausts
sound changed to kunos 1M - I think more of a suit than the strange one it had
improved interior airbag and gauge textures

BMW E47 Z3 M Coupe

Have a great weekend :cheers:
Thanks for this. I noticed an alpha issue with some cockpit decals that I don't think was there before (eg the horn symbols on the steering wheel have rectangular black backgrounds) but these seem tied to the stitching so changing the symbols to alpha blend gets rid of their black backgrounds but seems to completely remove the stitching at the same time. Looks like they need separating?

Does anyone happen to have a fixed version of Wick Island? It's not a bad little layout apart from normal rF overexposure, but the biggest issue is the blurry low-res horizon. It looks lifted straight from the Nintendo 64.
I guess we have the same (Gilles) conversion ? It has a nice but indeed blurry horizon/skybox, but SOL config can fix the overexposure. There's some oif this typical staircase feel in corners though...

Hi Guys.

Using the new CSP beta. How do you turn the rain off to do a dry race. And also does anybody know how
to make it rain less as in a shower. I have changed weather but still rains the same. Many thanks.

Thanks for this. I noticed an alpha issue with some cockpit decals that I don't think was there before (eg the horn symbols on the steering wheel have rectangular black backgrounds) but these seem tied to the stitching so changing the symbols to alpha blend gets rid of their black backgrounds but seems to completely remove the stitching at the same time. Looks like they need separating?
It would appear you are right and as said it needs to be alpha test but the stitches do dissappear. also it appears the stiches are also not there on old one. I will look into it

I have fixed it, alpha was missing on the stiches so I added an alpha area in the dds I've updated post with new link sorry about that I should have noticed!

So guys either re-download it to fix the stitches or change to alpha test the materiel if you don't mind the little stitches disappearing

Last edited:
I wonder if someone can help. I am trying to add puddles etc to Goodwood, and have added the following lines:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = TARMAC, TARMAC_PATCH, lines, KERB
SOAKING_MATERIALS = TARMAC, TARMAC_PATCH, ROAD_A
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = GRASS, verticalgrass, sand

I’ve tried in both goodwood_circuit.ini and in an ext_config.ini in an extension folder. Neither make any difference in-game. I’m using preview13 as 15 crashes for me. I also realise ROAD_A is a mesh not a material, but I’ve noticed some track makers including these in the RAIN_FX lines (e.g. the new Fuji) so I thought I’d try. Clearly I’m doing something wrong. I’d like to know what!

also can some kind soul point me in the direction of Eddyville? I can’t seem to find the post with the link.

I wonder if someone can help. I am trying to add puddles etc to Goodwood, and have added the following lines:
[RAIN_FX]
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =

I’ve tried in both goodwood_circuit.ini and in an ext_config.ini in an extension folder. Neither make any difference in-game. I’m using preview13 as 15 crashes for me. I also realise ROAD_A is a mesh not a material, but I’ve noticed some track makers including these in the RAIN_FX lines (e.g. the new Fuji) so I thought I’d try. Clearly I’m doing something wrong. I’d like to know what!

also can some kind soul point me in the direction of Eddyville? I can’t seem to find the post with the link.

If you use materials, you have to use the material name.

If you use the mesh you have to add the meshes

So

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MESHES =
SOAKING_MESHES =
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
SMOOTH_MESHES =
ROUGH_MESHES =

This, if you do it in the right way and with the right naming of the "materials or meshes" should works fine.

If you use materials, you have to use the material name.

If you use the mesh you have to add the meshes

So

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MESHES =
SOAKING_MESHES =
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
SMOOTH_MESHES =
ROUGH_MESHES =

This, if you do it in the right way and with the right naming of the "materials or meshes" should works fine.

thanks, I will give it a try. Do you advise using both materials and meshes? I don’t think I’ve seen those MESHES lines before, though it clearly makes sense

thanks, I will give it a try. Do you advise using both materials and meshes? I don’t think I’ve seen those MESHES lines before, though it clearly makes sense
I don't have CSP with RainFX, so i've updated some ext_config based on the CSP hints. It seems works fine, so yes, like for GrassFX sometimes i had to use the meshes instead of the materials ;)

Just try ;)

I think yes because check is done on data.acd file at server side (by checksum comparison I suppose)
I counter your argument!

Many mods are played online WITHOUT a data.acd and only a ./data folder

im also sure you can edit the kn5 for cars and the ui_json (My VRC and ASR cars have edited UI)

not sure weather to post this here or photos, but how do you edit the 'dirt' layer and is there a way to accelerate it? I am thinking of the dirt/offroad tracks or Rally. It would be nice to add a layer of dirt/mud to those types of cars.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back