Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,746 comments
NEED HELP!!!

Not mod related sorry, iv lost the HUD msgs for ABS & T/C, no idea where to turn off or on, Tried all different resolutions but no joy.

Also how can i remove the roll of the chase camera, ive figured it out once before but cant seem to find a way hot to remove it. Its horrible.

Any help is appreciated

See here, maybe you ticked one of these boxes?
upload_2020-8-25_21-31-12.png

Chase camera:

upload_2020-8-25_21-31-58.png

TED-EDiTS: Arctic Circle Raceway
TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Added AI lines ● Replaced surrounding mountains object ● Fixed bad pink-outline transparency textures ● Fixed some tree-lines ● Added GrassFx to config ● Added VAO patches ● Added new, alternate preview image ● Added dynamic aircraft (Dynamic aircraft objects from Dan Boersma's version of Arctic Circle RW)

Please feel free to continue making this track better. I improved this track for myself personally to avoid putting it in the bin. Enjoy, make it better, race around, bro hugs! (sorry lol)

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pjfmkw0ow572kt2/file

upload_2020-8-25_16-0-35.png

Another question I was wondering the answer to recently: Where is a good resource for finding racing-style skins in Assetto Corsa for the game's selection of road cars? Most of the pages on RaceDepartment are flooded with GT cars and RSS Formula Hybrid skins, but I was looking for skins made for the game's selection of road based machinery and stuff like that seems rather difficult to find.

TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Added AI lines ● Replaced surrounding mountains object ● Fixed bad pink-outline transparency textures ● Fixed some tree-lines ● Added GrassFx to config ● Added VAO patches ● Added new, alternate preview image ● Added dynamic aircraft (Dynamic aircraft objects from Dan Boersma's version of Arctic Circle RW)

Please feel free to continue making this track better. I improved this track for myself personally to avoid putting it in the bin. Enjoy, make it better, race around, bro hugs! (sorry lol)

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pjfmkw0ow572kt2/file

View attachment 952151

You are my hero Teddie! You can have so many bro hugs you want :P
Was the old version better than the Boersma one??
Cant wait to test it :)

View attachment 952151
Thank you mate!! :D

View attachment 952151
This actually is the old Tommy Rustad track, made for F1-2002.
Nice to have it in AC now Teddie :)
If I find the time... I might tackle it.. but first things first.

Reiza Studios/Malagoli's Garage Brasileiro De Marcas Version 1.3

With all the Reiza Studios tracks improved and released recently I made some slight improvements to this mod.

Adjusted shaders

Made new body map

Added minimal CSP Configurations

Generated LODs

Added UI info

Added Proper Credits

Changed Sounds

Still could use some working wipers. ;)

Hope people can enjoy it more. It's really a fun group to race with. :cheers:

full

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dld90u0rvazyn7u/Malagoli_Garage_-_BRASILEIRO_DE_MARCAS_Version_1.3.rar/file

Now that

While these cars are definitely a lot of fun to drive in their current state their engines are too high strung (Image 1 is from the info box for the Marcas cars in AMS. Image 2 is their default Power/Torque Curves from this mod's original ui_car.json. Image 3 is the torque curve recalculated to their true wheel-horsepower level and Image 4 is the torque curve recalculated with the power loss set at 18.4% in an attempt to match the stated torque figure from Image 1) and their weight is a bit too light compared to their specs from Automobilista; the other game that these cars appeared in that was developed by Reiza Studios. Since the Brasileiro de Marcas was licensed out to Reiza, it's likely this is the most accurate information we have for these cars.

Marcas.png
Image 1

Stated figures.png
Image 2

true WHP and torque.png
Image 3

AC discrepancies.png
Image 4

Plus I noticed the tyres used are the 90's DTM slicks instead of a set that's more modern, which in all makes these cars feel a little too close to the 90's Super Touring cars in the way they drive than I would have expected.

This actually is the old Tommy Rustad track, made for F1-2002.
Nice to have it in AC now Teddie :)
If I find the time... I might tackle it.. but first things first.
been wondering a while if it's THE Tommy Rustad or just a fan of him. Can't see him to be a modder to be honest, but who knows. Maybe someone made it for him to practice for STCC

skip to 3.43

Tommy having fun at this track for a Norwegian carprogram (potatoquality)

Last edited:

View attachment 952151

Thanks bro! (hugs) :cheers:

Riddle me this. Why won't this car centre itself in the preview? I imported it to Blender to look for rogue floaters that would give a false model centre, but if they were there then I couldn't find them.

View attachment 952118

Any ideas?
Nice little car if you haven't got it, BTW. And by 'nice little car' I mean 'batdung crazy suicide machine'.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5s7s82j3lj1tabi/file

Hi Masscot, I know the reason is. Unfortunately I only use 3DSimed, so I cannot help you in Blender. But the reason is that the author has inserted an object that the scale values are small in the final modeling, while the isolated ones are much larger. What I do to solve that is:

Find what objects the author could have added (in this case it could be the front lights) and I see that the scale values are less than 1.000000, that is an indicator.

Then I open them apart (Isolate object), and there I look the scale values that the object has by itself.

Then I modify them to the value they have in the final model (less than 1.000000), and press "Explode All" to set them (in my case I have to remove faces and vertices too).

Finally, I replace the objects in the final model with the new ones and apply the scale of "1.000000".

That's all, I hope you understand, sorry for my English.

Last edited:
Now that

While these cars are definitely a lot of fun to drive in their current state their engines are too high strung (Image 1 is from the info box for the Marcas cars in AMS. Image 2 is their default Power/Torque Curves from this mod's original ui_car.json. Image 3 is the torque curve recalculated to their true wheel-horsepower level and Image 4 is the torque curve recalculated with the power loss set at 18.4% in an attempt to match the stated torque figure from Image 1) and their weight is a bit too light compared to their specs from Automobilista; the other game that these cars appeared in that was developed by Reiza Studios. Since the Brasileiro de Marcas was licensed out to Reiza, it's likely this is the most accurate information we have for these cars.

View attachment 952158 Image 1

View attachment 952162 Image 2

View attachment 952164 Image 3

View attachment 952159 Image 4

Plus I noticed the tyres used are the 90's DTM slicks instead of a set that's more modern, which in all makes these cars feel a little too close to the 90's Super Touring cars in the way they drive than I would have expected.
AC will still use 13% regardless of CM generated curves. Set the slider at 13% and edit ./data/power.lut until tq matches,

example:
If you have real dyno curves (or at least a max tq@rpm and hp@rpm figures) for engine CRANKSHAFT (btq/bhp)
in power.lut put the tq@rpm in Nm using tq x .87 = wheel torque, this will match CM for CRANKSHAFT
do the same with HP@rpm (this will not be real hp but torque at xRpm = hp), use CM slider until that HP figure matches CRANKSHAFT
smooth out the rest to match the engine style you are building for (use Google for dyno sheets, look at several to get a taste for the engines flavor)
hint: most modders are over building engines by 13%

Hi Masscot, I know the reason is. Unfortunately I only use 3DSimed, so I cannot help you in Blender. But the reason is that the author has inserted an object that the scale values are small in the final modeling, while the isolated ones are much larger. What I do to solve that is:

Find what objects the author could have added (in this case it could be the front lights) and I see that the scale values are less than 1.000000, that is an indicator.

Then I open them apart (Isolate object), and there I look the scale values that the object has by itself.

Then I modify them to the value they have in the final model (less than 1.000000), and press "Explode All" to set them.

Finally, I replace the objects in the final model with the new ones and apply the scale of "1.000000".

That's all, I hope you understand, sorry for my English.
Interesting - thanks!
Earlier on I did try converting the car to FBX, importing it to Blender but not doing anything with it, exporting the FBX from Blender, then converting it back to KN5 in ksEditor.
This actually solved the preview positioning/scale issue, but there were a lot of missing bodywork tris in the car's geometry. Very weird.

I don't suppose you've tried the method you described in 3DSimEd to see if you can fix this car without losing a lot of the bodywork tris?

Interesting - thanks!
Earlier on I did try converting the car to FBX, importing it to Blender but not doing anything with it, exporting the FBX from Blender, then converting it back to KN5 in ksEditor.
This actually solved the preview positioning/scale issue, but there were a lot of missing bodywork tris in the car's geometry. Very weird.

I don't suppose you've tried the method you described in 3DSimEd to see if you can fix this car without losing a lot of the bodywork tris?

It is always that reason, at least using 3DSimed, in fact, to verify that what I had told you was correct, I just tried, and it is as I was saying, here I leave the kn5 file for you to replace it.

In my experience, using 3DSimed, as long as it is used correctly, does not cause problems, except in some exceptional cases. I know that is not perfect to edit, but i don't know use another program.

https://mega.nz/file/9hVlkIrC#g8MOVWbA1ZuBP1JG4O3UGR2QeopIDkrIrNQwnyZYL0o

Try it please.

Last edited:
How to open or close engine restrictor in Aseetto Corsa Car Tuner? I've been tweaking the power.lut file to BoP my cars, but surely that is not the best way to do it.

It is always that reason, at least using 3DSimed, in fact, to verify that what I had told you was correct, I just tried, and it is as I was saying, here I leave the kn5 file for you to replace it.

In my experience, using 3DSimed, as long as it is used correctly, does not cause problems, except in some exceptional cases. I know that is not perfect to edit, but i don't know use another program.

https://mega.nz/file/s8M20ATa#Jvb--n0raDeluTPnEWoOf7POMLJTaR7H6TFC5h7mFOA

Try it please.
Success! Everything seems fine: the preview is positioned correctly, the model is intact, the animations work, the shaders are intact... BUT. Unfortunately, the headlights no longer work... :crazy:
What a shame - so close!
If the lights can be reinstated then we have a winner. Cheers!

nolights.PNG

Success! Everything seems fine: the preview is positioned correctly, the model is intact, the animations work, the shaders are intact... BUT. Unfortunately, the headlights no longer work... :crazy:
What a shame - so close!
If the lights can be reinstated then we have a winner. Cheers!

View attachment 952178

Lol, that was because I have deleted two objects that I thought were too many in the model, and apparently they were the lights (I thought did not have lights, and it was not necessary to leave it haha), let me redo it, now I correct the link that I leave you above for you to try.

Last edited:
I made 3 camera set, some month ago. But all set contains only 1 camera!

Because the track doesn't have AI line/trackline, and the cameras switching positions are according to this AI line.

I was too busy to made AI line for it.
(On another track (DZ Trackwood) I made a basic AI line, so I can run RX races on it, because that track is the Rabócsiring (located in north-east Hungary) which is originally Rallycross track, but used for Drift and Gokart too nowadays.)

I tried to positioning that cameras to see all parts of the track. Theres are two higher and one lower version (I mostly use the third).

Install: unzip, then put the .ini files into a_test_hell/data folder ;)

I hope you enjoy it!;)
Better than nothing...:cheers:

Hey @Tibi, could you share the link of the track please?
The link appears to be down. Thanks in advance!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back