Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,792 comments
I wont be able to sleep without your approval.... oh no.... :(:(:(:(:(:(

Where's the respect when a Kunos' modeler sees his track hacked up poorly? I guess the "respect" doesnt go that far huh...

Doubt Jimbo asked politely to the people responsible for the ACC track, why should I be any different when I show him what needs fixing?

An ethical line has been crossed a long time ago... its fair game, I'll be as arrogant and condescending as I want :lol:
My post had nothing to do with what you are writing about. Why am I not surprised you didn't understand what I was saying. Don't laugh at things you don't understand, it makes you look stupid. Over and out.

To really not rely on people not having to install the shader, I would set it up with a regular shader in kseditor, then using shader replacement code in the config ini, you can set sFlow up there

Well you pretty much confirmed my suspicions of who you are...tut tut and to think we had a nice chat earlier this week about non SIM related stuff....why do you feel you have to be that guy... nobody asked you to come here and be the almighty moral compass...I'm sure you know the saying those in glass houses...ps I know you defo know how to make a track and are well respected for it no doubt...but come on

Last edited:
Hi gents and gals
Today, 3 street cars from the fifties:
Chevrolet Belair 1957 sport coupé 235 manual 4 speed
Chevrolet Belair 1957 sport coupé V8 manual 3 speed
Chevrolet Belair 1957 sport coupé V8 with overdrive

50289183823_f8e4cf4ed7_b.jpg

Most of the files in data folder were updated (too lazy to listing that...)
All data's come from these pages:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1957/350195/chevrolet_bel_air_sport_coupe_235_overdrive.html
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/...-8_corvette_ramjet_fi_283-hp_close-ratio.html
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/...r_sport_coupe_283_v-8_corvette_overdrive.html
that reminds me my father's chevrolet and the music of his V8 in 1959/1960 (ah... nostalgia...)
Download 3 in 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xd8q396u4gn47ax/3chevrolet_belair_1957.7z/file
Have a nice day... or night for those living down under :lol:
Mike
Thanks for these. Have you got any 55's?

I’ve had my Rift S for a week - totally transformed my experience of AC! I was out for a bank holiday drive today (in a convertible s5 I would love to see in AC) and I was thinking this is nearly as realistic as VR!View attachment 954065
Yep, VR is the perfect medium for sim racing. Totally immersive. I've often wondered how I ever used to enjoy it on a 2D screen.

Been discussed so many times already, even in this thread, see around July 2019. But in a nutshell, VR all the way. Try it before buying 2 additional pancake screen to put on the side of the one you already have, VR is a game changer for SIM racing. Not perfect but 1000 % more immersive at simulating sitting in a car, driving on a track, heck you can even stop on the side of the track, step out of the car, look around, look at your car in real scale, see the other car drive by, it is the matrix. Take the blue pill! :sly:

Yes I agree with @Cote Dazur that VR is the way to go even though a 4K Single Screen or Triples have better screen quality. VR makes me feel that I am right in the car seat and can look around 360 degrees. Flat screens now feel like I am not part of the car even though it is cockpit view. The first time I put on the VR headset in Project Cars 2 a while back, I spent more time looking at the scenery than Driving the car around the Indy track. Never thought of this, but Like Cote says you feel you are part of the Matirx. Plus racing online, I can see into the corners better and what is around me with VR than looking at my large Single screen. Hopefully real far distance viewing and FOV will get better and better as time goes on. The new HP Reverb G2 coming out this winter looks pretty good, very High Res lenses per eye, They have fixed the problems from the original HP Reverb, but still has a somewhat same FOV as my Rift S.

Well you pretty much confirmed my suspicions of who you are...tut tut and to think we had a nice chat earlier this week about non SIM related stuff....why do you feel you have to be that guy... nobody asked you to come here and be the almighty moral compass...I'm sure you know the saying those in glass houses...ps I know you defo know how to make a track and are well respected for it no doubt...but come on
My guess is Johnr777

I wont be able to sleep without your approval.... oh no.... :(:(:(:(:(:(

Where's the respect when a Kunos' modeler sees his track hacked up poorly? I guess the "respect" doesnt go that far huh...

Doubt Jimbo asked politely to the people responsible for the ACC track, why should I be any different when I show him what needs fixing?

An ethical line has been crossed a long time ago... its fair game, I'll be as arrogant and condescending as I want :lol:

you can be anything you like - be arrogant, be condescending, be a prick - just improve your point by being an open and productive communicator... if you're pissed - than say so - in a polite manner - if you're not able to control that inner temptation - then take a hike and return with a more productive approach...

if you really are a person that was involved, then the respect that you are seeking was SOLD-OFF along with the works... do you really believe that K U N O S gives a crap about your respect when you hand in the final works - yeah, sure - momentarily - thereafter though, they can get anyone else to edit, cut, copy, shelf, or whatever they like to do with it...

how you may be feeling can be appreciated and understood - the rudeness shown is a different matter altogether - all the very best for your future endeavours and your short time lived in this thread.

we have a saying down under which may fit - wouldn't piss onya even if you were on fire!
can't believe I'm being like this with your ill-mannered remarks to date, and it's only being a few.

you'll be my 1st IGNORED buffhead ever!

apologies to the rest of the members for my direct and forthright opinions about this person...

Last edited:
Haha no way this is sim traxx
youre pathetic man, go back the threatening teenagers because they insulted you in discord servers
I was under the impression GTP was way more accepting.

I got no problems with Jim, and I know he can do much better. Daytona is a good example of time well spent. Bathurst on the other hand... seems extremely rushed... almost wanting to be first to release something that came from ACC.

Sorry to be the one not wearing blinders?

I got no problems with Jim, and I know he can do much better. Daytona is a good example of time well spent. Bathurst on the other hand... seems extremely rushed... almost wanting to be first to release something that came from ACC.

aight

More learning about Extended Configs, some copy paste action added shaking exhausts to the 911 R and the GT3 Cup, just had to change the meshes to match the car I guess this worked because the exhaust is in approximately the same place as the GT3 RS.

The cup car also got a vibrating moving wiper at speed and some adjusted carbon just because..

Files attached for anyone interested, CSP is required, be aware it will overwrite any ext_config.ini for associated cars if one is present inside the cars folder! You can always copy paste the code into another file I guess...

Attachments

• Porsche_Changes.zip
    2 KB · Views: 31

1) hey Jim, thanks for your work. there are a couple of things I noticed that blablabla...
2) what you wrote

sometimes it's not what you write, it's how you write it

For some reason I can no longer live-edit the color/brightness of my ppfilters, only happens with WeatherFX enabled
(I have defaulted, removed with script and reinstalled)

any "bright"(ness) ideas?

Kunos dev? If so, definitely knows how to make a track.

his post must take you back a bit... seeing that your post pop up in a random google search (no pun intended), thought to ask whether this mod still exists in GT, and whether you would know if it has ever made over to AC? And if so, are we able to acquire it?
Nope, that never existed in GT. That post of mine you quoted was made for the "suggestions" section of GTPlanet where users can post content and features they want into newer GT installments.

Great job! My existing FTO went straight in the bin after trying yours as it's superior in every way possible. Much appreciated!
One tiny detail, the hand/wheel synch is off. Change the steer animation in data/driver3d to this to fix it:

Code:
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

Also, can I put in a cheeky request? The rear lights have a weird holographic/parallex effect in VR (all cars that use this method are the same, it's a limitation of the shader rendering in VR atm) - any chance of a version with 'normal' rear lights or is there something I can delete somewhere to get them to revert?
Also, the wipers don't describe a full arc so leave a huge unwiped area right in front of the driver's face. Seems the wipers might need shortening so their range of motion can be increased to cover the whole windscreen?
Cheers. :)

Oh, almost forgot, you said the GPX and GPvR versions are avaliable - I could only find one labelled 'FTO'..?

Thank you, I play with the steering wheel off so I didn't notice it as I changed steer animation right before the release to a better one :embarrassed: The lights are made only with refraction config, so there's no way to change it other than making lights config again from scratch and I don't really plan to do that. Is the issue with the wipers only on VR? I was testing it with the rain and it looked all right. Do you use Patreon build? I don't have it so I just can confirm it works with the public build rain. Wipers on the model were like that and I made a little research becauce they seemed weird a bit, but from what I've seen it's just like that on the real car so for now I plan to keep it like that. GPvR was released only in red, black and white, so these colours are GPvR in the mod. The rest is GPX, I just decided to keep it together as it almost the same car and the only difference really is badging and I kept the wing on.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back