Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,789 comments
Fellow simracers... Anybody played the race of champions game once?
I would like to see the head to head racing in other titles, but unfortunatly i haven't found any.
Someone any clue?

Are you talking about this game ??

View media item 67737
So she was great, she had the best physics for those years, graphically the colin mcrae rally was better, but the fun of the ride was and still is indescribable.

Next mini update .....

View media item 67738
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Euro Tuned by TW (Emfini) updated by JakubP (new sound,rework physics,rework shaders,ralliart sticker....)

tw_mitsubishi_evo6_euro.rar - 57.1 MB

Correct, and i would like to see that kind of racing with recent sims, especially in LAN mode. Big fun!

We are too harsh with "begging on first post" remarks. There are kids, poor English speakers etc. coming and posting here and it must be shocking to be responded with such hostility.

This is so true. I've come to this forum as a moron; no formal introduction of myself, no meaningful posts, I have nothing to offer to this community really. Went straight to "begging". Yet people have treated me here very well, so it's sometimes heart-breaking to see how some newcomers are treated here, if they are rude enough to ask for links for free mods.

Ignore the beggars or give them the links, neither of these things costs anything...

Pretty much the only ones I need are the XJR14 and whatever cars are on the far right of your screenshot (excluding the Peugeot)

Its Out! Download links in the description!

Pretty damn nice, and also heads up there are pictures of the C5.R in its 1999 livery cause it raced in D24 iirc
1999_Chevrolet_CorvetteC5R1.jpg

This here is the livery used. I'm not sure if it's Grand Am first.

I'm about to buy VRC Prototypes pack, and I saw in Legion's page that it has some LMP Prototypes too from this era which can match very well with the vrc, like the V12 LMR or the F333sp.
Anyone tried that and can tell me if these two packs can play together? Or legions cars are faster or vice versa?

Le Mans 1989 is a great track, but there's something slightly wrong with it :

DD3sDwr.png

zURZgov.png

You can't see ****. Seriously. What's going on ? Happens to both mod and Kunos cars alike (and only on that track - the 67, 86, 91 versions are fine).

This is so true. I've come to this forum as a moron; no formal introduction of myself, no meaningful posts, I have nothing to offer to this community really. Went straight to "begging". Yet people have treated me here very well, so it's sometimes heart-breaking to see how some newcomers are treated here, if they are rude enough to ask for links for free mods.

Ignore the beggars or give them the links, neither of these things costs anything...

Same. First post was a request ahah. Thankfully we don't have to introduce ourselves to gain access to some (often disappointing) mods (looking at you, the ever-recluse GTR2 community...). That's just plain daft. Oh you want this car ? Write a 15 paragraph essay about you, and don't forget to share your real name ! (as if mate, as if)

I was the same way too, the community gave me SO MUCH. So i wanted to give back by making stuff to the best of my ability.

Last edited:
I'm about to buy VRC Prototypes pack, and I saw in Legion's page that it has some LMP Prototypes too from this era which can match very well with the vrc, like the V12 LMR or the F333sp.
Anyone tried that and can tell me if these two packs can play together? Or legions cars are faster or vice versa?

I am doing exactly as you are, beware about the VRC LMP900... they are game ripped and you can find others for free with the same mesh (some from legion),
(VRC physics are decent)

Tweaked the config for eastern creek V3.5 by rricho/Rainmaker.

Just a personal taste thing. Trees darker, grass a tad darker, changed where it grows and rainfx

Track Shared HERE , download track if you do not already have it, and replace /extension/ext_config.ini with the file attached to this post. (rename the .txt to .ini)
upload_2020-9-7_6-8-39.png

Attachments

• ext_config.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I found this old mod (so old the Facebook group that posted it has gone private or outright closed down) for the Global GT Light on the database "Assetto-DB" so I've added in a set of Version 10 tyres, and used the sounds from ACFLigue's version of the Ford Legend, but it still has a long way to go to get to modern Assetto Corsa mod standards.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5clamflkgoiv31z/GT+Light.zip/file

Admittedly, the Ford Spec Racer fulfills the GT-Light's niche of a junior-spec cup car of this body style, but if this car is given the attention and work it needs then it could be a fun alternative. The elephant in the room for this car as it stands is the collider is too large for this car's model.

@Guys, I've got enough original (from scratch) tracks going now that I think I'm going to try and finish up those edited tracks I've been working on and probably not do any edits for a while so I can concentrate on finishing my originals. I feel like I've found a good groove and flow and feelin' good. So relaxing working (back in the day it was level design) now-a-days it's track building... which both really are "building worlds". It's been a good weekend.

The last update for today because it organizes all skins for mods and mini updates

View media item 67739
Nissan Primera P11 BTCC by the PM3DM version 1.1 updated by JakubP (inclusive all 23 skins,new sound,suspension fix...)

pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc.rar - 141.7 MB

Ok look, I'm all up for you guys here updating crap mods, and adding your own tweaks and making things better but this?

If i'm correct this did not need an update and a re host on your own sharemods account.

Did you try contacting PM3DM before reworking his mod as I'm sure he would tell you it either doesn't need it or maybe work with you to update it.
Also this is straight from his page on RD

"additional physics by Giuseppe Abagnale and Ben Lee

when sharing a mod on your own webpage, can you please post link here, rather then sharing the file directly?
it doesn't cost you anything, and people don't have to register here to
be able to download"

Sorry to come across as a dick about this but it seems like it's become a free for all as to who tweaks or updates mods with no effort to contact the author

2010s United States license plates configurable in CM Showroom for all 50 states plus DC
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2010s-united-states-license-plate-pack.35836/

From the Racedepartment readme:
Hi there, I hope you enjoy using these 2010s United States license plates. Here you'll find the general issue plates for all 50 states and Washington DC. All of these are made from hi-res images of actual license plates. These took lots of Photoshop work, Lua file scripting, and font editing to create and I am very excited to share them with you.
__custom_showroom_1599417925.png
Screenshot_acura_nsx_1994_nagp_mid_ohio_4-8-120-17-55-59.png
__custom_showroom_1599256801.png

So....my OCD made me organize all the Group C cars I have... I think I did alright
Screenshot (175).png

and here's a group photo :)
__custom_showroom_1599425174.png

Basically added the same tags to all of the cars, and sorted them into their respective manufacturers (some cars were just listed as "IMSA GTP" etc.). For the Allard I just made a manufacturer logo for it. I also fixed some sounds on some cars and renamed them to their correct names, as well as updated all their previews.

Virtual ROC was held this year on the Assetto platform. Wonder if that Gran Canaria track will be available to download over time

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back