Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Anyone know the ks shader for making reflective glass/windows for buildings off the top of your head?

This is what I use:
upload_2020-9-14_12-36-55.png

If you don't have a normal map, make a flat 1px one. (rgb: 128, 128, 255)

Regular ksPerPixel won't give you the fresnel stuff.

B8G8R8A8 <--- the only way I can get real black and white textures ingame (dtx seems to have green/purple artifacts)
or?
Correct, whenever you can you should use dxt5 for everything except body textures and other parts that should keep details. Dxt5 isn't good for dark/black parts though as it creates green and purple spots. For everything that isn't txdiffuse dxt5 should be fine

I am amazed at the things Content Manager lets you do these days.
Even for a noob in regards to modding such as myself, with a couple of tweaks chaging the values of the rims' reflections, the car's body paint reflections and a bit of colour correction in the .dds file in Photoshop I could give a bit of love to Legion's DBR9 GT1 (Ales' tweaked version) and go from this:

preview.jpg

To this:

Screenshot_legion_aston_martin_dbr9_s1_imola_14-8-120-20-22-12.jpg

Screenshot_legion_aston_martin_dbr9_s1_imola_14-8-120-20-26-4.jpg

vs real car:

d74c66d2226854dccc042e0ee6e324f2.jpg

It is just a minor thing, I know. But for livery enthusiasts like me, seeing them look closer to the real thing in the replays is awesome.

I am amazed at the things Content Manager lets you do these days.
Even for a noob in regards to modding such as myself, with a couple of tweaks chaging the values of the rims' reflections, the car's body paint reflections and a bit of colour correction in the .dds file in Photoshop I could give a bit of love to Legion's DBR9 GT1 (Ales' tweaked version) and go from this:

View attachment 957830

To this:

View attachment 957831
View attachment 957833

vs real car:

View attachment 957832

It is just a minor thing, I know. But for livery enthusiasts like me, seeing them closer to the real thing in the replays is awesome.
Nice...

Guys did anyone make any mod for any car of Toyota Corolla EE series? Like these:

EE90:
m1.png

especially this one EE96:
images

or this one EE103:
car_ae30521d-e283-401f-95b0-bbd52463ebf6_640_0

I googled much but didn't find these... it would be really helpful for me if I could get to drive this in Assetto Corsa... they mean something else to me...

Guys did anyone make any mod for any car of Toyota Corolla EE series? Like these:

EE90:
m1.png

especially this one EE96:
images

or this one EE103:
car_ae30521d-e283-401f-95b0-bbd52463ebf6_640_0

I googled much but didn't find these... it would be really helpful for me if I could get to drive this in Assetto Corsa... they mean something else to me...
Well ya gonna have to find someone on Facebook or Discord who's willing to model it for you and pay a ****-ton of money to him if you wanna see it in AC...

Guys, is the function to change the resolution in AC broken with newer CSP previews? I wanted to try out some DSR setting but once started AC is running like in zoomed mode, it is unplayable.
upload_2020-9-14_22-0-20.png

Do I miss anything related here? I only can run it in 1080p (my native res.).

lack of demand for traditional sedans have forced Nissan to focus on the Qashqai
I am still looking for a quasqai for AC so me missus can have a crack, cannot find one.. however its a singularly gormless piece of $h1t so probably not surprised no one has bothered..

@TheRealCeeBee
I'm really enjoying Curvelo/Cristais. Nice job! Great tarmac too :)

best track from the bunch in AMS and now also in AMS2 its my favorite, if you have AMS2 have a go with the MCR2000, best combo ever, closest AC combo would be SHaune CLarkes SR3, also, I wish I had the skills to port the AMS2 version back to AC, quite a few changes to the track are present in the newer version, and I particularly prefer the ground and grass textures in it. May revisit the current AC one to adapt the ground texture, currently its a itty bitty tiled one, will join tracks and create one mega texture and paint in the detail.

(its my current project to port to RF2 follwing the rf>>rf2 tutorials, as i REALLY want to try the reiza pack cars on this track in RF2, by FAR the cars reiza did for rf2 are way better than even their own cars in their own game, I suspect to do with tire model etc in rf2, the MCR2000 in rf2 is my goto car nowadays.)

Last edited:
I am still looking for a quasqai for AC so me missus can have a crack, cannot find one.. however its a singularly gormless piece of $h1t so probably not surprised no one has bothered..

It can't be only for that, because there are much more singularly gormless piece of $h1t cars made by modders in AC.
I don't have and never had a Qasqhai, just my 2 and a 3/4 cents.
:)

It can't be only for that, because there are much more singularly gormless piece of $h1t cars made by modders in AC.
I don't have and never had a Qasqhai, just my 2 and a 3/4 cents.
:)

Imagine the ultimate soccer mom car, now strip all the fun out of its 4 banger 2.0l motor, cripple it with nissans CVT variable transmission, if I had to humanise it, it would be your grandfather on a rocking chair on the porch at sundown, smoking a pipe and dozing off to sleep halfway through a story..

Great news for me as a big fan of the C5-R and the 2K GT1 era. Planning futher skins with the european cars from the teams Selleslagh Racing Team (SRT), GLPK-Carsport/PK Carsport, PSI Experience and Luc Alphand Aventures for FIA GT1, 24hLM, 24hSpa...?

Yes! I was hoping someone would make the euro skins.

I love this track, so thx Teddie! But i get no tree shadows on the track.. ?

@arctx, yeah, masscot let me know about that as well. Shadow fix and additional layout in next update. Thanks for the kind words, my friend. I'm glad you like it.

I use KSPERPIXELREFLECTION

Others may have better suggestions :)

You could also use ksperpixelmultimap.. If you have a texture map that is uv'ed to say share windows and normal walls of the building.. Ksperpixel reflection will make all the geometry reflective... If you use mutlimap you will need to add a normal and reflection map in the corresponding channel's.. The normal map will need to be flat on say the window areas... And on the reflection map black will be completely matt... And white reflective... If your not sure what I mean take a look at the buildings on the new rtbathurst... Jim

This is what I use:
View attachment 957828

If you don't have a normal map, make a flat 1px one. (rgb: 128, 128, 255)

Regular ksPerPixel won't give you the fresnel stuff.

@Badgerman, @Jimlloyd, and @gutbomb, thanks much for your help! You guys rock.

What needs tweaking? (aside from the driver) I can let the author know and see if he can fix things
I think the usual hand/wheel synch might be off, there's no shifting animation, erm... can't remember what else apart from the driver position.
Maybe the RVM was flipped? Might be wrong.

PalmBeach International Raceway update Version 1.1 Track was done by Gatorboy
We now have both Forward and Reverse Directions. Reverse Dir was mentioned by Masscot
Sorry I dont have pics or videos.

Everything is included that was done in last update
night lighting-grass fx
20 pit stalls-starting grids
VAO file
AI hints added for a few corners both directions.
Proper start finish line both directions.
Fast lane lines are a starting point.

Track works well with Radical SR3, GT cars, F1 cars
Cars with allot of Sway-suspension may/will get up on 2 wheels or spin.

Things that need to be done better
Replay Cameras for the Reverse Direction.
Forward direction cameras are fine.

Plan to do the Kart complex also for this track, pit area is small so may not be many pit stalls.
Track part will be easy to do.

Feel free to make any changes-depending on your car mods you use.
Link for update below: Have any problems let me know. Enjoy

Miami Bayside by ACU -- Lighting?

ac-mods-tile-miami.jpg

I checked the version I have, v1.0. Good track, but my version doesn't have any lighting. Is this the same for everyone else that has it? No extension file available?

If it hasn't been set up already, this would look great, dusk to dawn, with good lighting, and there's a lot of light poles and fixtures. However, this would be a lot of work to light up everything, and all the surrounding buildings.

http://assettomods.com/miami-bayside/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back