Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,780 comments
Hello to all! I thought this problem would bypass me, but it didn't work out. Freezes and micro-freezes suddenly appeared in the game. This happens on all tracks and all cars. I did not change anything in the settings, but just when loading the next track, it began to happen. Somewhere on this forum there was a discussion of this problem. If anyone remembers, help me solve this. Thanks everyone!:gtpflag:

My standard ksEditor won't launch for some reason so I thought I'd install x4fab's v6 version.
What does he mean when he says " To use it you have to download it and put into folder with ksEditor.exe (without replacement)"?
I downloaded the file, unzipped the contents and copied them into the assettocorsa/sdk/editor folder (where the ksEditor.exe is) but obviously it asks to overwrite a bunch of files. What does he mean by 'without replacement'..?
To use it, I didn't extract it into sdk folder because I was like you, annoyed to overwrite files.
So I have extracted everything in a new folder (even out of assetto corsa game folder) and it works fine.

Only thing annoying is that shader are within the kseditor folder (example sdk/editor/system/shaders for the original kseditor, <whateverpath>/system/shaders for the modified one), these are different than the one used by the game (assettocorsa/system/shaders)
So you have to copy missing shader to kseditor folder (either original or modified kseditor) but, because there's always a 'but', modified kseditor is not able to handle empty shader file (like stPerPixelNM_UVflow.shader) and as this shader is heavily used, I give up using modified kseditor.
Original kseditor do not crash with these empty shader.

Hello to all! I thought this problem would bypass me, but it didn't work out. Freezes and micro-freezes suddenly appeared in the game. This happens on all tracks and all cars. I did not change anything in the settings, but just when loading the next track, it began to happen. Somewhere on this forum there was a discussion of this problem. If anyone remembers, help me solve this. Thanks everyone!:gtpflag:

Is it this problem possibly?

Signs (especially advertising bilboards) are often orientated for spectators and/or TV camera placement, not for drivers or onboard cameras. That could be the case here I guess?
Yes! and when running with the shortest circle, I didn't find a map now, it runs backwards!
Edit
something like that!

Attachments

• PicsArt_09-22-01.00.23.jpg
    PicsArt_09-22-01.00.23.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Probably WIN 10 has ****ed you with the FTH function? Search for that one here some pages ago...It was a relief for me to get rid of that ****. AC runs smooth as butter since I disabled it (Ilja mentioned that his CM was the reason WIN 10 has thrown FTH to acs.exe since he brought some faulty CM versions in the past...).

Edit: check the video above.

Thanks for getting back to be, and good info that’s I’m looking into.

So do you think could use better matched cars?

For the first half of the grid, I’ve used:
URD Bayro EGT
URD AMG EGT
Corvette GTLM (Kunos or Rollovers)
URD Detroit
MasterKey Ferrari 488 GT3 ACC
ELEMENT RC-F GT3 ACC
URD 911 2018

These appear to be the exact cars used in the really life limerick video below which I’m trying to recreate.

Im trying to balance the grid in sections by taking the top 10 finishers of the race, balancing them in game, then I’ll do the second batch.

At the start and through this race, you’ll see close amazing racing, and it’s like this almost the entire race.

I’m trying to recreate this, but even with just the initial set of front running cars (the GTE or GTLM Cars) they seem to separate way more than they do on these videos.

I don’t see anyone car ahead by 30+ seconds after only 3 laps.

Do you think I should use different cars or are these indeed the best / closest match for the ones in the video?

Has anyone else actually bopped or created playlists for these particular races as if it already exists somewhere I’ll just grab it from someone who knows what they are doing with setting up grids etc.

Looks like you have all the good cars. It's just a matter of Assetto Corsa's engine and what plays out. Nothings going to be perfect and now you can start fooling around with running tests like you're doing. Half of AC isn't even diving cars anymore, it's tinkering around with all the other stuff and text files for some reason. lol

Literally a complete waste of time because AC Cars Reworked already made a superb version that's vastly superior in every way, but this 'other' car annoyed me so much (IT HAD TWO DIFFERENT COCKPITS OVERLAYED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER FFS!) I ended up faffing with it for the gits and shiggles. It will overwrite the earlier car but trust me... it's for the good of the planet.

Renault Clio V6 255hp Phase 2
Original calamity by someone who wisely chose to remain anonymous.
v1.1 updates by Mascot
- Killed the copilot and buried his body in a shallow ditch
- Removed duplicate cockpit assets (second gearstick and all the rest of the *****. Seriously, there was a whole second cockpit in there)
- Adjusted some cockpit shaders in a half-assed way
- Adjusted driver position and steering animation so the bastard actually holds the friggin' steering wheel
- Replaced shifting animation and adjusted the timing
- Removed several silly skins
- Adjusted FFB multiplier so it's no longer like driving a ghost
- Fixed glass so it didn't occlude the interior of the car

01ren.PNG

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hkpdyq69n5ge1z6/renault_clio_v6.7z/file

Sorry, @AC Modder..! Maybe you could nick a few of the skins and apply them to your version?

Looks like you have all the good cars. It's just a matter of Assetto Corsa's engine and what plays out. Nothings going to be perfect and now you can start fooling around with running tests like you're doing. Half of AC isn't even diving cars anymore, it's tinkering around with all the other stuff and text files for some reason. lol

I would say even more than half. :lol: I've forced myself to try and finally run a v8supercars season and did not touch any other car since yesterday. And it's been amazing. What a difference it makes in handling and enjoyment of the car if you don't jump cars and series every race. Will try to finish the whole 18 track championship. But it's already a struggle I tell you, so much content just waiting to be run. :lol:

I would say even more than half. :lol: I've forced myself to try and finally run a v8supercars season and did not touch any other car since yesterday. And it's been amazing. What a difference it makes in handling and enjoyment of the car if you don't jump cars and series every race. Will try to finish the whole 18 track championship. But it's already a struggle I tell you, so much content just waiting to be run. :lol:
I agree with you Ales. I finally have got a nice DD rig and I have been **DRIVING**. It's crazy. :D
I've been enjoying the content that I have. That's why I've been a little sparse on here. I still work on stuff and have a couple things that will come out soon but man it feels good getting some me time behind the wheel. Lots of long races in AMS2, ACC and of course AC. Have fun in your championship Ales!!

A bit of an odd request
Can someone make a Monza testing track version
All you need to do is remove those cardboard things on T1 and make an AI lane for it
I unfortunately can't do the AI part since for reasons I can't be bothered to get into I can't play ATM
Reference for anyone who wants it

thank you

Thought this would stop the 1-second freeze I encounter when I cross the line (happens practically every lap), but no. Not that. Ah well.

Try disabling every app and then try again. For the case it works out, just enable each app one-by-one to see which causes this (I´ve had that, too). Sidekick was the sucker in my case.

My standard ksEditor won't launch for some reason so I thought I'd install x4fab's v6 version.
What does he mean when he says " To use it you have to download it and put into folder with ksEditor.exe (without replacement)"?
I downloaded the file, unzipped the contents and copied them into the assettocorsa/sdk/editor folder (where the ksEditor.exe is) but obviously it asks to overwrite a bunch of files. What does he mean by 'without replacement'..?
I run it in a seperate folder and run ksEditorAT. (v6).
So far never run into any glitches running it seperately.

Just a first quick´n´dirty extended config to fix and tweak some things. I still do not know for sure why is needed this "new" conversion besides Reboot/@norms version and the one from PascalWB on RD, but I was curious how it looks like and it tbh. it wasn´t really what I expected or hoped for... :(
Who cares... :) Thx anyway. You´re getting better ... :)
I only used Gimp and a text editor. So, japp still a lot to improve, but now it got some imo better lights at night, a lot of fixed one sided textures, better glass, overall a bit darker, different wind strength let the flags wave different, weird transparencies (for example the crowd on stands at s/f) ...
Performance should be worse then before, as a lot meshes got double sided, got shadows ... but as it´s a config: use it or leave it, or just take what you want, need from the config. :D

Thanks! I had already started the conversion, and none of the released versions were from RTR... anyway it was fun to do.
And thank you for the config, its exactly what was needed!

I am curious, looking at the config (and other large/detailed configs),
did you write it by hand or is some helper tool to spit out all that details? some tool/app?

In Gmotor lights were pretty easy to just find the xyz in 3dsimed and copy that to the .cas, but AC/CSP uses the mesh as a ref.

Genuine Question here and nothing against your skin as it looks good from here, but how comes it has Falken logos on but wears Yokohama tyres - I also see the IRL car has that but I always thought you couldn't mix n match sponsors for the same thing ie Castrol and Total oils etc.
I'm genuinely intrigued about this btw

Thought this would stop the 1-second freeze I encounter when I cross the line (happens practically every lap), but no. Not that. Ah well.
I had it. Start by disabling python apps. In my case the VRC Lithium's app was the culprit of start/finish freezes! And CamTool cut my FPS in half even during normal gameplay.

Genuine Question here and nothing against your skin as it looks good from here, but how comes it has Falken logos on but wears Yokohama tyres - I also see the IRL car has that but I always thought you couldn't mix n match sponsors for the same thing ie Castrol and Total oils etc.

There are certain official event sponsors who's brand logo must be present on your car (they even give you a PDF guide about sponsor placement) if you are racing on the Ring. Falken is one of these sponsors, you can observe the same deal on my SCG003C skin from the same year: the car is running on Dunlop tires, however the Falken logo is there on both front fenders:
5Hikwj0.jpg

N24H and VLN works pretty much the same way in this regard, example from the 2019 VLN sponsor guide:
vlnguide.png

Last edited:

Thats Genuine Questions people some get confused about Mix n Match sponsors to answer your question falken was a event partner so teams at to have falken logo on car but tyres use was Yokohama. Championships/events require teams to have partner/sponsor logo on the cars/ driver overalls every if they are mix match to what team actually use.

Thanks! I had already started the conversion, and none of the released versions were from RTR... anyway it was fun to do.
And thank you for the config, its exactly what was needed!

I am curious, looking at the config (and other large/detailed configs),
did you write it by hand or is some helper tool to spit out all that details? some tool/app?

In Gmotor lights were pretty easy to just find the xyz in 3dsimed and copy that to the .cas, but AC/CSP uses the mesh as a ref.
Just written per hand with an text editor as mentioned. I my case ST3 as I bought it a while ago for my job. But nowadays I sometimes use VS Code (vscodium) and recommend it for other ones as it's free and very powerful too.
There was a tool a while back, iirc "Track Config Builder", but it had a very unique UI not easy to manage. IMO it got asleep as I didn't read anything for a very long time. I posted it here too a long time ago. Imo ly993 the author had to do more for his job and no time left for that tool. He mentioned something like that some months back on csp discord iirc.

What I do instead, is using a lot of own templates and reused code blocks, which are often copy'n'pasted to solve different issues. Very useful is for example the [defaults] block and the variables in there. It´s often enough, to take a template and just add or change some meshes or materials names in there. At least to get a basic working config with some fixes and tweaks. Then using the object inspector in game and change values in editor in real-time til you are getting something acceptable... :D

I can explain it maybe a bit better, but it would be a very long text dessert for most ones here. :lol:
Maybe in an extra thread or convo?
But inspecting mine and other configs gives you the main idea. :)
Reading the docs for CSP helps a lot too... ;)

Lights can be positioned the same way with xyz positions too, but they would be just fake ones. OK, OK, all in game is fake :D, but they wouldn't look good. Using meshes or materials to match them to an object makes it looks more realistic (less faked). :D
I used that [LIGHT_...] positions IMO in Melbourne 2019 for quick made weak looking apex lights for the ones driving there at night without headlights. But with positioned 3d lamps it would look way better. On the other hand, I think not many ones will drive at Albert Park, Melbourne at night. :cool: :D

Edit: found the trello from TCB: https://trello.com/b/DqpFvcVb/tcb

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back