Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
1580823137660-png.347571

Hey all, I'm getting this message when trying Trackday with traffic. It was ok a week ago and seems to have happened around updating to CSP16.4. I can run track days at Kunos tracks- it may just be an issue with the High Force track. Anyone else have this and know of any workarounds?
Try unticking 'Use DXGI flip model' if you have it ticked.

Capturered.PNG

@LiquidSkyMan - I am also doing some of "Guy-Ills" tracks, finishing up on the first layout for Loch Roanoch, it will be a fun and tricky AI if you want to give it a go. I finally just did my first AI. I could really use someone who can do AI, Cameras and other little bits.

Q: are you guys producing "Guy-Ills" free version? My Loch Roanoch contains 0% of his work (except for track cameras as of today) My goal is to release new and free versions of his uncredited and paid rips, so they can be used, shared and improved... guilt free.

sneak peek: Loch Roanoch (rF2 conversion)
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_rmi_loch-rannoch_23-9-120-11-28-51.jpg
Screenshot_ks_alfa_33_stradale_rmi_loch-rannoch_23-9-120-2-28-2.jpg

(pics taken at different times.)
Features moving water and swaying sailboats *not CSP based*
1st release will be the rF2 route fwd/rev. (not Guy-Ills route). Tools: 3dSimed, Notepad, ksEditor

trees are too dark :(

Last edited:
@LiquidSkyMan - I am also doing some of "Guy-Ills" tracks, finishing up on the first layout for Loch Roanoch, it will be a fun and tricky AI if you want to give it a go. I finally just did my first AI. I could really use someone who can do AI, Cameras and other little bits.

Q: are you guys producing "Guy-Ills" free version? My Loch Roanoch contains 0% of his work (except for track cameras as of today) My goal to to release new and free versions of his uncredited and paid rips, so they can be used, shared and improved... guilt free.

View attachment 959882 View attachment 959883
pics taken at different times.
Features moving water and swaying sailboats, 1st release will be the rF2 route fwd/rev. (not Guy-Ills route). Tools: 3dSimed, Notepad, ksEditor

Wow, looks fantastic. My favorite circuit from ToCA Race Driver 2 back in the day, would love to see it improved with better textures, rain and grass FX and AO soon.

Not enough serious things upsetting my life, now I've got his: Missing or Blank text in Windows Explorer or Desktop Icons (win10)

Unfortunatelly, I can't go that way because my DOS - cmd window is blank aswell. No command letters to apply the 'scf /.....' exe.

I even can't post a picture because when I want to save it, all folders are in blank (without letters). I don't know where am I saving it.
Dammit.

They don't exist - yet. Would've done it if the car wasn't such a mess to paint on.
Good point - i want to make skins for the TS050 for Le Mans 2018 / 2019, but how to? I can`t find the (simlpy) complete dds or texture files from the three original Le Mans 2017 deliverys. For now i have 2 skins for the TS040 in my LM-grid with overlayed Total sponsor over the numberplate, but TS050 would be nicer (i know, TS050 2018 - 2019 - 2020 is not the same with specs and optical facelifts). Maybe somebody knows more?...

Not enough serious things upsetting my life, now I've got his: Missing or Blank text in Windows Explorer or Desktop Icons (win10)

Unfortunatelly, I can't go that way because my DOS - cmd window is blank aswell. No command letters to apply the 'scf /.....' exe.

I even can't post a picture because when I want to save it, all folders are in blank (without letters). I don't know where am I saving it.
Dammit.

Have you tried a reset of explorer.exe?

open task manager and right click explorer.exe and click restart. (might not work but time to go through as many things as you can to find the culprit)
Alternatively open task manager and click file and run new task and type in Explorer.exe

What was the last thing you did to your pc before you has this problem? Have you updated windows 10 or done a graphics update for example?

Hello. I hope everyone is having a great day. I've been browsing for tuned Japanese car mods to play around with on the Shutokou Revival Project map, and I found out about a Wangan Midnight car pack that someone created about two or three years ago. Apparently, it had a S30 Fairlady Z, FC and FD RX-7s, R32 and R33 Skyline GT-Rs, a Supra and a Lancer Evolution V, all modified to replicate the cars from the manga/anime. The pack was deleted some time afterward. It's a shame, as I have really gotten into Wangan Midnight and would love to try the cars out for myself, but the chances of coming across that pack are slim to none... Oh well... I suppose I'll just keep trawling Assettoland...

Hey Masscot- I saw your response on RD and tried it. Didn't help sadly. Is it worth keeping off regardless do you think?
I'm afraid I don't know. Like a lot of inadequately-explained CSP features, I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to do. I just know it was triggering errors for me a few updates ago.

Hello. I hope everyone is having a great day. I've been browsing for tuned Japanese car mods to play around with on the Shutokou Revival Project map, and I found out about a Wangan Midnight car pack that someone created about two or three years ago. Apparently, it had a S30 Fairlady Z, FC and FD RX-7s, R32 and R33 Skyline GT-Rs, a Supra and a Lancer Evolution V, all modified to replicate the cars from the manga/anime. The pack was deleted some time afterward. It's a shame, as I have really gotten into Wangan Midnight and would love to try the cars out for myself, but the chances of coming across that pack are slim to none... Oh well... I suppose I'll just keep trawling Assettoland...

SRP discord has all these cars available as a pack to download.

coli_porsche_944_951_wangan
toyota_mr2_sw20_wangan
ne_acura_integra_vis_racing
ne_honda_civic_ah
ne_mitsubishi_gto_wangan
nissan_skyline_r34_omori_factory_s1
nissan_skyline_r34_v-specperformance
srp_honda_s2000_legendary
srp_wangan_r33_ver1
trw_mazda_rx7_feed
tw_honda_nsx_pvlsx
Maybe head over there and join their Discord

Q: are you guys producing "Guy-Ills" free version? My Loch Roanoch contains 0% of his work (except for track cameras as of today) My goal is to release new and free versions of his uncredited and paid rips, so they can be used, shared and improved... guilt free.

Features moving water and swaying sailboats, 1st release will be the rF2 route fwd/rev. (not Guy-Ills route). Tools: 3dSimed, Notepad, ksEditor

oh nice, looks like a good base for a nice landscape!

Do you remember this?
lqgt.jpg

I just came from an endurance race of 50 laps at Paul Ricard.

Remember how ut was almost impossible to make one lap without rolling over? And the steering turning like mad?

I just made a few tweaks in order to make another 50 laps endurance race, this time at LeMans, to celebrate another 24hours.
So now the handling is much better.
3cev.gif

I wouldn't bank on Sim Traxx updating any of their old tracks, despite previous assurances.

Hi @Masscott. Yeah, SimTraxx cant even get their new tracks out yet, been waiting for them to show up in my membership download area since 2 months ago. There are 2 road courses, M1 and Autobahn tracks. He said 2020 would be the year for updates. He has done some on the Rally tracks, but the older circuit tracks have not been updated other than Butterwillow and that was just adding lights and few other things. That should have been completed many moons ago. Simtraxx Portland has been done by outside help making it raceable and pits work great. But no new graphics, strictly bare bones graphics for the track since several years ago.

I tried that Carrier track mod and has an interesting Hotlap circuit on top of a Air Craft Carrier, but no way to easily set it up for a race circuit, at least not for me with just 3dsimed. There are 2 other maps, but not very interesting- just for free roam. So for me, it is a very boring track mod.

Simtraxx has a few other older circuit tracks which look interesting, but AI and side lines are terrible, and no way to designate the pit areas. They are all just one big ROAD surface with no splits. I dont have the expertise to split surface meshes.

So that is where SimTraxx is currently at right now, been silent on the Discord channel. If i hear anything, I will let the group know.

Dave

Hi @Masscott. Yeah, SimTraxx cant even get their new tracks out yet, been waiting for them to show up in my membership download area since 2 months ago. There are 2 road courses, M1 and Autobahn tracks. He said 2020 would be the year for updates. He has done some on the Rally tracks, but the older circuit tracks have not been updated other than Butterwillow and that was just adding lights and few other things. That should have been completed many moons ago. Simtraxx Portland has been done by outside help making it raceable and pits work great. But no new graphics, strictly bare bones graphics for the track since several years ago.

I tried that Carrier track mod and has an interesting Hotlap circuit on top of a Air Craft Carrier, but no way to easily set it up for a race circuit, at least not for me with just 3dsimed. There are 2 other maps, but not very interesting- just for free roam. So for me, it is a very boring track mod.

Simtraxx has a few other older circuit tracks which look interesting, but AI and side lines are terrible, and no way to designate the pit areas. They are all just one big ROAD surface with no splits. I dont have the expertise to split surface meshes.

So that is where SimTraxx is currently at right now, been silent on the Discord channel. If i hear anything, I will let the group know.

Dave
I commissioned the M1 Concourse Track (I am the Marketing Director at M1) and honestly am super impressed with the quality and detail. I can only speak from my experience, but they knocked it out of the park.

Cool, Keep up the great work @RMi_wood . With you doing these I can slowly retire the "Guy-Illes" tracks.

take care,
Dave

I commissioned the M1 Concourse Track (I am the Marketing Director at M1) and honestly am super impressed with the quality and detail. I can only speak from my experience, but they knocked it out of the park.

Cool, Glad to meet you @m0parsrt10 . Yes it looks like a great track to drive and also the new Autobahn. Hopefully Kon can provide us the tracks to test and review in the near future. Been a SimTraxx member for 3-4 years now.

take care,
Dave

Mordor... HALO universe... you are a CRAZY dude, dude! :dunce:
:bowdown: so good!
I have another suggestion for a nice landscape embeding a track,
you know this beach:
:cheers:

Haha Crysetto Corsa has a ring to it!

(I fixed the problem by increasing the Far Plane values in the Graphics Adjustmentd > Adaptive Clip Planes > Far plane in Content manager.

upload_2020-9-23_19-31-4.png

Ignore the crazy FOV! only way I could get it to fit in the frame :D

Screenshot_f1_2020_renault_halo_23-8-120-19-29-23.jpg

Screenshot_f1_2020_renault_halo_23-8-120-19-56-12.jpg

Last edited:

Dave
Lifting a road mesh and breaking a piece off, to add back in (pits?) using 3Dsimed is not "too" hard, certainly not super easy.

How?
1. Isolate as much road mesh as you can (use 'object filter" or "hide" meshes you dont want) so you only see the road mesh.
2. "Edit" "all visible", cut/copy your mesh
3. File new, create new file. Paste the mesh there. Now you have the road as an "object", of which you can cut pieces off (shift+mouse, select - delete faces)
4. after you make these edits, paste this new object back into your track, name your meshes and Bobs your uncle.

This is how we did wet tracks in GTR2 and also works to create a skidmark layer. This also works good for chopping out old low res cockpits embedded in main mesh to place a higher detailed interior.

HONDA NSX GT3 2016: SPRINT/ENDURANCE — HONDA NSX GT3 EVO 2019: SPRINT/ENDURANCE ACC

GTPlanet-Modding-Team.jpg

It took us longer than expected, but eventually, what was left of the original team tried to gather together to release the whole package! Enjoy guys! :cheers:

CHANGELOG: HONDA NSX GT3, SPRINT/ENDURANCE

V1.6 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed broken rear lights emissive
— fixed rims
— fixed LOD B hide lumirank code for non racing cars
— added new damage textures
— added internal hood for damage
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— fixed LCDs brightness with PBR
— various tweaks
— fixed wiper animation last keyframe
— added Alpinestars driver suits, gloves (credits to Michael Doherty)
— added RainFX ready data.acd.RainFX. (rename it to data.acd when RainFX will be no more WIP)

**PLEASE DOWNLOAD & INSTALL ALSO Alpinestars Tech-1 ZX Glove Collection by Tripple8:

V1.5 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed LCD brightness when lights are OFF
— added missing endulights code in Endurance car lights.ini
— added missing code for IMSA yellow lights in IMSA skins
— tweaked IMSA pleds brightness

V1.4 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— added Racelogic VBOX LapTimer Delta-V LEDs working
— added Racelogic VBOX LapTimer pages: Laptime, Delta, Speed
— added Lumirank DRIVER ID
— added MOTEC LCD Pit pop-up
— added new MOTEC LCD and Racelogic VBOX LapTimer fonts
— added PerPixelMultiMap with Emissive map (Thanks to Stereo https://www.racedepartment.com/members/stereo.9613/)
— added seatbelts OFF/ON
— fixed issue with Pleds not working on IMSA cars
— fixed issue with taillights missing OFF_COLOR
— tweaked IMSA cars lights textures
— flashing lights now working also on IMSA cars
— tweaked some materials
— tweaked some textures
— tweaked emissive lights values
— added audio adjustments in ext_config.ini
— reworked RPM bar
— further physics/aero adjustments

** to access to Racelogic VBOX LapTimer pages, you need to bind Content Manager > Settings > Assetto Corsa > Controls: Extra Option B key/button.

** open VBOX_LapTimer_Delta-V_Leds.jpg to understand the logic of DELTA-V LEDs.

** for the PerPixelMultiMap with Emissive map shader to work correctly in-game, you need to copy the folders inside "ksPPMM_emissive" to your AssettoCorsa folder.

** Lumirank DRIVER ID will appear automatically. If you want to customize DRIVER ID letters, use the TEMPLATE inside the folder "Lumirank DRIVER ID Template". White color letters for PRO, blue color letters for PRO/AM and orange letters for AM. If you create a new skin, don't forget to edit the skin ext_config.ini accordingly, hiding the DRIVER IDs you don't need. Follow the examples written in "Lumirank_ext_config_skins.txt".

CHANGELOG: HONDA NSX GT3 EVO, SPRINT/ENDURANCE

V1.2 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed rims
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— various tweaks
— added RainFX ready data.acd.RainFX. (rename it to data.acd when RainFX will be no more WIP)

V1.1 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— fixed LCD brightness when lights are OFF
— added new IMSA skin for EVO Endurance car
— added new Pleds, front bumper, front lights glass to match the IMSA skin
— added new preview IMSA car

V1.0

— added all the features present in the NSX GT3 V1.4

DOWNLOAD: LINK
UPDATE: HONDA NSX GT3 2016 SPRINT/ENDURANCE — HONDA NSX GT3 EVO 2019: SPRINT/ENDURANCE ACC

upload_2020-9-23_21-14-55.png

— fixed rims
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— various tweaks

— fixed rims
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— various tweaks

**PLEASE DOWNLOAD & INSTALL ALSO Alpinestars Tech-1 ZX Glove Collection by Tripple8

UPDATE: HONDA NSX GT3 2016 SPRINT/ENDURANCE — HONDA NSX GT3 EVO 2019: SPRINT/ENDURANCE ACC

View attachment 959934

— fixed rims
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— various tweaks

— fixed rims
— added new LOD B, LOD C
— various tweaks

**PLEASE DOWNLOAD & INSTALL ALSO Alpinestars Tech-1 ZX Glove Collection by Tripple8

Thank you mate!!the download link is the one in the quoted post?..

Just a question That has been in my mind Since The day I started Playing Assetto Corsa...💡💡
Is There a Texture mod for The KS Tracks that Makes the Trees looks 3D?????
It Would be Amazing to see one!!!!!!!!:)

for the modders converting ams and rf tracks (or any track actually with those godawful single plane bushes and trees) wrote a script for blender, converts all selected singles into crossplane, if you blink, you will miss it. Took 2 hours to find all the code and debug/test, but, ongoing going to save HOURS per track.

TODO1: code fix normals to outside, and material to double sided. (nearly there)
TODO2: and add option to convert from single to Y, X and STAR (only X for now)
TODO3: detect if previous modder followed YUP convention or not

EDIT: Removed code snippet as it appears not all track builders follow the convention YUP, (worked good on official track, but on modder tracks its a bit random), presumably copy paste of trees built ZUP, so need to add code to see if object Y is the same as world Y, will paste it back into this post once fixed.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back