Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
I always install 'peasant style'. No error messages, but also starting on a plain desert landscape with some pit buildings at some distance in front...

Peasant style lol it gives more control and you know exactly what you are putting where doing it manually. Also takes seconds, maybe a few seconds more than dragging to CM but well worth those extra seconds in a lot of cases. Dragging to CM is ideal if the file has been set up correctly, for people who want as little hassle as possible. It's not for everyone though, I guess I'll stick with being a peasant :yuck::D

So, this is what is to be a peasant... ooohhhh.
c417953d18d4bbbcb821b25b22ae1044.gif

I guess I'm a peasant...

Joke aside, I do install all my mods manually. Tried to do it with the 'force', but I guess I am not a Jedi. Because I am a peasant?
200.gif

So, I have many many classes champs, I like to modify the Brand and Name of the cars (when I need to) before installing.
Other thing is the 'backup files' and other things I don't need. And the top is the DATA.
Usuallu many things to change: warning light fuel, steer assist, AI gear up revs higher than engine limiter, enfine damage recs lower than engine limiter, etc...

For some time when the cars in front of me brake, I see the faded red reflection on the tarmac but the tail lights don't work.
Was trying to get the answer by searching, but got nothing. Any help please?

Thanks.

the foreigners one has access to my forum by the public section, I have of the tens of recording per days that I must erase all the time whereas it is to explain well of the rules that the recording is reserved in to the Frenchman

For what it is worth, I never had any problems with your download links for your track and I am not a member of that forum. I do not understand what the issue is.

good morning guys...

so over night i got interested in Drifting...

can you recommend me some good tracks and cars?
Don't worry, the feeling will hopefully pass but if it doesn't then please seek medical help. Your doctor will either prescribe a course of tablets or, in extreme cases, refer you to a psychologist. The important thing is to remain calm.

Edit: oops, sorry - I thought you were seeking a cure.

Tripoli - Timing Gate Update.

DOWNLOAD

(reupload, hope it works this time guys? I uploaded it, deleted my own track and reinstalled via CM, works fine my side. maybe completely delete previous tripoli before install?)

Last update on this conversion.

- Shifted grid back a bit
- Shifted start line forward a bit
- Added three timing gates

(devisive change)
- Updated grassfx +rocks, if you dont like rocks and grass, delete the [GRASSFX] section.
"There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing." - Lawrence of Arabia.

upload_2020-9-30_18-12-47.png

upload_2020-9-30_18-14-32.png

upload_2020-9-30_18-16-1.png

KNOWN BUG - I was trying to fix the "men in black" and the wip texture made its way into the build, now they are men in grey.. tsk tsk.. maybe a texture replacement in the ext_config to tone them down, ill post it up, or alternately the orginal texture in into the texture folder.

Last edited:
guys i'm gonna ask if there's anyone that's any good with 3d software capable of lining up some tyre barriers with some armco for me please ? its for the Fuji track that i posted but like i said i just don't have a clue what i'm doing. thank you to who takes up the challenge. the tyre barrier has to go to the armco position please.

Attachments

• armco_template.zip
    4 MB · Views: 7
And a very nice thing it is too. Thanks again for all your upgrades, which have really brought this track into a much better state. :cheers:
I am going to make a concerted effort not to touch this track again ;), if you want to do an interesting thing, find the kn5 in the folder, double click it, imediately hold down the ALT key, it will unpack the track, go to "textures" folder and copy satterrain?? something like that, and edit it in paint.net, paint the grass greener, sand sandier etc, play with saturation, then copy the editted file into the track in a subfolder called TEXTURE, which will make the track load that texture instead. the thing i never got to was finishing the painting of this track.

guys i'm gonna ask if there's anyone that's any good with 3d software capable of lining up some tyre barriers with some armco for me please ? its for the Fuji track that i posted but like i said i just don't have a clue what i'm doing. thank you to who takes up the challenge. the tyre barrier has to go to the armco position please.

has a quick looksee but im not sure what I am looking at, there are multiple armcos in SOME places, different heights and postions to each other. which is the correct armco?

upload_2020-9-30_18-38-30.png

good morning guys...

so over night i got interested in Drifting...

can you recommend me some good tracks and cars?

I recommend the WDT cars, they are the best drift cars to learn drifting in imo. As for track I'd recommend something wide as it's easier to practice. Besides that I'd recommend to use the same car and track for the first few hours so you can really wrap your head around it. Because every car and track drive different I found it easier to just use the same car and track combo.

has a quick looksee but im not sure what I am looking at, there are multiple armcos in SOME places, different heights and postions to each other. which is the correct armco?

View attachment 961657

the armco in the armco file is correct, the other file has to go to the armco sorry but im so dumb when it comes to this.

only the trye barriers need to go to the armco, thank you for even taking a look, i gave up on it months ago as i just dont understand what im doing. everything that i did to it so far has been done in 3dsimed lol and in that pic looks like you already so much further along than i got in months, ah well guess i'll go back to being dumb :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, forgot to say, on your previous Lancer you need to set INVERT SHIFTING HANDS to '0' in data/driver3d.ini otherwise he paddleshifts with the wrong hands for up/down.
:)

Edit: hand/wheel synch is borked on your FQ-360. Don't forget to check this, it was set at 200:

[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

Edit 2: just a thought, is the shifting type right for each car?
The Extreme uses paddle shifting but has a normal gear stick and no paddles on the steering wheel, the FQ-360 uses manual gears but has paddles on the steering wheel and a tiptronic shifter on the transmission tunnel. Are these definitely the right way round?

The FQ models up to the 400 were based off the GSR Evo X (6 Speed Manual)

The FQ-440 is based off the MR Evo X (6 Speed SST)

the armco in the armco file is correct, the other file has to go to the armco sorry but im so dumb when it comes to this.

only the trye barriers need to go to the armco, thank you for even taking a look, i gave up on it months ago as i just dont understand what im doing.

ok, looks like they are drawn to meet completely different terrain, the curvature of the tyrewall and arcmco are completely different, in 3dsmax you could use FFD to try bend them to the correct shape, (not a function in blender) but unlikely it would be a happy result. in image you can see the tyrewall curves up and away end to end, but the armco is quite flat, so not just a placement issue.

depending on which one's terrain fit is actually correct, an enterprising drawer may duplicate a surface from either to build the other, not a hard job in 3dsmax, which I dont have nor likely to buy, and in Blender my bleder-fu is still pretty low for this kind of thing.
upload_2020-9-30_19-2-2.png

Thanks Mike, forgot to say, on your previous Lancer you need to set INVERT SHIFTING HANDS to '0' in data/driver3d.ini otherwise he paddleshifts with the wrong hands for up/down.

Edit: hand/wheel synch is borked on your FQ-360. Don't forget to check this, it was set at 200:

[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

Edit 2: just a thought, is the shifting type right for each car?
The Extreme uses paddle shifting but has a normal gear stick and no paddles on the steering wheel, the FQ-360 uses manual gears but has paddles on the steering wheel and a tiptronic shifter on the transmission tunnel. Are these definitely the right way round?
Thank you Mascott, i have to pay more attention and make the good choice when two possibilities exist.
Links have been updated in the related posts but are here too:
Lancer EVO VI eXtreme:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1gk8fpcegmsvai/hmt_mitsubishi_lancer_evo6gsr_extreme.7z/file
Lancer EVO X FQ-360:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9pq103kkhybeh64/ag_mitsubishi_lancer_evox_gsr_FQ-360.7z/file
Thanks again, have a nice day,
Mike

unrelated question if i might please, will AC natively support the following combo or do I need mods because the game is older than the equipment (ie: all the CM ffb tweaks are not known to fanatec devs?)
Fanatec DD1, Formula v2 wheel, pedals v3, shifter "sq" v1.5

unrelated question if i might please, will AC natively support the following combo or do I need mods because the game is older than the equipment (ie: all the CM ffb tweaks are not known to fanatec devs?)

Everything you have should work extremely well. The only thing I don't have experience with is the DD1, but I think a lot of Youtube content creators are using them with AC.

I am using the Pedals v3 and Shifter SQ v1.5, along with a Thrustmaster T300 and TX. Everything works extremely well with AC.

ApexVStand_19-0714.jpg

BTW, if you ever have issues with your SQ v1.5 mis-shifting, this fix actually works.
Hopefully Fanatec has addressed this issue since I bought mine over a year ago.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1733#post-13245403

From that mentioned equipment I only have the shifter left and it works fine. I had the V3 pedals and the Formula wheel and they worked too.

Also no issues with my actual Simucube DD wheel, Heusinkveld SQ shifter and Ultimate pedals, so I guess you're good :)

This way you can determine if you want to install a folder with 3 kn5.backups in it or not. Same for sfx folders with 5 banks in there.
I never install a mod without having a good look through what’s included. By the time I’ve done that it’s easier to drag over what I want, literally seconds and I know what the modder included. Sometimes there’s extra skin folders, templates and even manuals etc etc and very occasionally a lot of crap too. Just personal preference.
Ah, cool - thanks. I usually take a look at the folder when its installed to remove the backups, psd templates, wanky pink/purple skins etc.
Same thing, different order. ;)
I thought you meant there may be a technical reason why manual installation is preferred, because Ilja (and others) say that drag 'n' drop is clever enough now that everything gets placed where it should be.

Last edited:
On a related (unrelated?) note, does anyone with the Fanatec Seq Shifter v1.5 know if it's possible to combine gated shifting, paddle shifting AND sequential shifting all on the same controller profile in CM?
At the moment I have paddle shifting and gated shifting on the same profile, so if the car supports gated shifting, that's what'll work, and ditto with paddles. No need to change profiles.
I have to change profiles to use the sequential box instead of the paddles though, which is a tad annoying. Seems like I can't map up/down on the sequental to share the profile with the paddle shifts, so if I find myself in a car that obviously uses sequential shifting (the animation is normally the giveaway :) ) I can still shift with the paddles, but the sequential box won't work unless I change to my sequential profile, which is a bit of a faff requiring a session restart.
Hope that makes sense, I probably used ten times as many words than was necessary.
TLDR: help!

On a related (unrelated?) note, does anyone with the Fanatec Seq Shifter v1.5 know if it's possible to combine gated shifting, paddle shifting AND sequential shifting all on the same controller profile in CM?
At the moment I have paddle shifting and gated shifting on the same profile, so if the car supports gated shifting, that's what'll work, and ditto with paddles. No need to change profiles.
I have to change profiles to use the sequential box instead of the paddles though, which is a tad annoying. Seems like I can't map up/down on the sequental to share the profile with the paddle shifts, so if I find myself in a car that obviously uses sequential shifting (the animation is normally the giveaway :) ) I can still shift with the paddles, but the sequential box won't work unless I change to my sequential profile, which is a bit of a faff requiring a session restart.
Hope that makes sense, I probably used ten times as many words than was necessary.
I use JoyToKey to solve that.
Paddles / H-shifter and SQ shifter all work in the same profile.

Last edited:
the ONLY game I can use all three shift type on is AC, i have a "up-down" shifter (if thats what you mean by sequential) , and h-patterns and the paddles, I use the CM interface to map the up-down one. I wish my other games could do this becaus for the v8's australia they use this, and I cannot map it in AMS. Not sure we are saying the same thing though as I suspect you mean using 3rd-4th as up down whereas in my case its seperate hardware?
upload_2020-9-30_21-16-48.png

And a very nice thing it is too. Thanks again for all your upgrades, which have really brought this track into a much better state. :cheers:

I got this update from @__EASY__ ,

fixes:

broken audience, (spectators?)
some texture no transparency mode,
some object invisible when looking at the other side.
vao patch.

have not actually tested this version, but improvement is improvement, @__EASY__ didnt want to post it himself (herself? itself?, so hard nowadays..) as its "my" track, which of course it's not, it's Reiza's track, we all just poking sticks at other peoples hard work with these things.

not sure I will ever get back to this track so this may be latest update.

Thanks for the effort @__EASY__

http://www.assetto-fr.tk/tmp/trcb_curvelo.7z

I use JoyToKey to solve that.
Paddles / H-shifter and SQ shifter all work in the same profile.

Thanks, but I want to avoid j2k if I possibly can - it's given me trouble in the past, and the fewer apps running, the better.

the ONLY game I can use all three shift type on is AC, i have a "up-down" shifter (if thats what you mean by sequential) , and h-patterns and the paddles, I use the CM interface to map the up-down one. I wish my other games could do this becaus for the v8's australia they use this, and I cannot map it in AMS. Not sure we are saying the same thing though as I suspect you mean using 3rd-4th as up down whereas in my case its seperate hardware?
View attachment 961673

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do.

Edit:
I *think* I've cracked it. The option to map additional controls to the same function was greyed out until I clicked the 'Combine with keyboard' tickbox in the top left. This seems to free up the option to map the sequential in tandem with the paddles. Seems to work so long as I keep the tick box ticked.
Woo, as they say, hoo. Another ambiguous CM puzzle solved - add it to the Rosetta Stone.

upload_2020-9-30_12-39-43.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back