Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,031 comments
I think I was the one who started the encryption-debate this time. It really wasn't my intention, I was inquiring what is the origin of this whole encryption-thing.

99 times out of 100 I can let the encrypted cars go if I'm not pleased with them. But in some cases (1 out of 100) the encryption feels like a crime. Which it's not. But still. HNNNNRGH.

I have the SHH, it's fantastic. Heavy use for 2 1/2 years and it's never missed a beat
Thanks. That's exactly the info I needed. From someone who is a long time user. I read and watched the reviews and they are so extremely positive, but had my doubts. Cause like @Masscot said, it's not full on metal build. I agree that the fanatec css or sq is a better all around product, but it costs 3x as much as this one and frankly more than my entire "rig". So I am reluctant to buy it. Thanks again. Probably gonna get it.

Last edited:
I updated my 'origin icons' on RD with just one addition:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/origin-icons.28078/

TED.png

I think our friend @Teddie deserves it. Great tracks he's offering lately... ;)

Last edited:
Thanks. That's exactly the info I needed. From someone who is a long time user. I read and watched the reviews and they are so extremely positive, but had my doubts. Cause like @Masscot said, it's not full on metal build. I agree that the fanatec css or sq is a better all around product, but it costs 3x as much as this one and frankly more than my entire "rig". So I am reluctant to buy it. Thanks again. Probably gonna get it.

me also ,i have it for about 3 years ,in the eye it doesnt look great,cause its 3d printed ,but you have first option to play manual and seq with 2 moves,
it has option to be stiff or light on the feeling,and also i have the previous version but the new one is even better ,in interior materials,but even sometimes with hard use is still works ,but i must admit that i didnt like the feeling on sec,is a little bumpy ,but maybe its because i have it complete stiff for manual ,it has 4 screws to find the feeling you like,but i never had a missfire on a gear changing until now,i advice you to get and the manual and the seq plate in the buy

Last edited:
Thinking of getting this shifter.

https://www.shiftershh.com/en/

View attachment 965508

Anybody using one of these? Are they of good quality and performance? I know it won't win any beauty contest prizes, but I don't care about that. I like the quick switch possibility between h-patern and sequential. And the price seems very reasonable.

personally I tried it only 1 time and I was immediately happy, I think I will buy it, also many in the group in which I run say it is exceptional

View attachment 965508

Anybody using one of these? Are they of good quality and performance? I know it won't win any beauty contest prizes, but I don't care about that. I like the quick switch possibility between h-patern and sequential. And the price seems very reasonable.

Hey Ales

I use one of these.. Not much too look at... But actually built like a tank... I cant fault it to be honest... Get your self a custom knob and you will forget its 3d printed... Defo better than the thrustmaster I had before

Last edited:
WAKE UP EVERYONE
2013 Autobacs Super GT GT500 Definitive Edition Version 4
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lpx5eemp5nh27xv/2013_SUPER_GT_GT500_Definitive_Edition_by_Chivas_Autoart_Public_Release_Version_4.7z/file
main site: http://chivas-autoart.wixsite.com/home
Edit: changes made
Definitive Edition v2.0 Build Changelog:
- (HSV-010GT) Engine Sound replaced to match 2013 Exhaust Sounds.***
- (HSV-010GT) Extra Monitor some essential details in real-time
- (HSV-010GT) Steering Wheel Screen will now also display Tire Pressure in real-time
- (HSV-010GT) KEIHIN Real Racing Exclusive Interior Details Implemented
- (HSV-010GT) Steering Wheel Shift Lights Choreography reverted back to original sequence
- (HSV-010GT) Shifting Lights now blinks If you have reached 9500RPM
- (HSV-010GT) Dirt Layers and Damage Normals now applied.
- (HSV-010GT) Deforming Hood Upon Damage Applied
- (R35) Shifting Lights now blinks If you have reached 9500RPM
- (R35) A mini monitor is now integrated on the dashboard to show tire pressure information
- (R35) Dirt Layers and Damage Normals now applied.
- (R35) Dirt Layers and Damage Normals now applied.
- (R35) Deforming Hood Upon Damage Applied
- (SC430) Shifting Lights now blinks If you have reached 9500RPM
- (SC430) A mini monitor is now integrated on the dashboard to show tire pressure information
- (SC430) Dirt Layers and Damage Normals now applied.
- (SC430) Dirt Layers and Damage Normals now applied.
- (SC430) Deforming Hood Upon Damage Applied

Last edited:
the dragster666 already explained it what the rev limit was about, but the suspension wasn't about the hardness because it seems to be good, but about transferring the center of gravity lower using (in suspension.ini) basey,i changed.I also changed the front stabilizer to softer, brake force and minimum wheelbase. You can check after by unpacking the file and changing the data files

Honda Integra DC2 Type R - new data files

data.rar - 19 KB

Cool, thank you - as I said in my post i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to messing with data and physics so I tend to leave that stuff alone in case I end up creating a monster truck or something that handles like a pos. I think the car in it's current state is good but will definitely try it out with your settings.

hi guys,..

does anybody have the Abingdon and Bedford track for AC,.. or maybe you know if someone is willing to make it??

Cheers.

Last edited:
Indeed it was Ilja who made the encryption tool.

I stand corrected on the technicality of Ilja 'making the encryption tool' leBluem, but... modders were encrypting things well before Ilja intoduced any kind of encryption 'tool' into CM, no?

I'll be direct once again, because I've been waiting for this car and I'm disappointed .....
The model is very good, that's true, but unfortunately nothing behind it.
First of all the whole impression is spoiled by the old uninteresting sound of the engine still remembering the times of Remco and its first Integra.
I completely don't understand the excitement of physics. As for me and I write here as a brand lover and former owner of Integra DC2 in two versions of JDM 96 Spec and JDM 98 Spec, physics is lame.
I can clearly state that I don't recall my DC2 lifting the rear wheel at about 70/80km/h, with a quick change of direction. It was always stuck to the road.
In addition, this car in the game spits incredibly forward (it is very understeerable) which never happened in a real car.
Integra is famous for its incredible driving and is described as the best front drive car ever made.
Who has driven this car at least once and I believe that there is someone like that on this forum will confirm my words.
This physics shows all the ills of the worst front drive car and not the legend that is Integra.
This car does not drive as it should.
I don't know who Arch is, but he doesn't know anything about physics and driving such a car.
To conclude, the ignition cut-off is also set to 8500 and should be 8900 for B18C engine.
I am sorry if I have offended someone or disagree with my opinion....
I first tried the Arch rework over a year ago. Since then I have tried it a couple more times, but I realized that it hasn't changed. At the moment I ignore all of Arch's work and do not suffer. I wrote here earlier that his physics, to put it mildly, is not good. In response, I heard that he was the "GOD of physics". Finally, someone else supported me, thank you - I'm not alone. My experience of driving real cars for over 30 years. I think Arch lacks driving experience and that explains everything.

I first tried the Arch rework over a year ago. Since then I have tried it a couple more times, but I realized that it hasn't changed. At the moment I ignore all of Arch's work and do not suffer. I wrote here earlier that his physics, to put it mildly, is not good. In response, I heard that he was the "GOD of physics". Finally, someone else supported me, thank you - I'm not alone. My experience of driving real cars for over 30 years. I think Arch lacks driving experience and that explains everything.
I had high hopes for this DC2(also first one to have wiper animation).But from a fast test on 2 tracks those things I noticed as a ex 5 year daily DC2 driver.
Body roll:It lacks it like almost 80% of fwd mods I tried.Its a street car with not so hard suspension and 55 profile tyres.My first drive IRL like this: How can a "soft" fwd car steer,handle and grip like this!And at that time I was owner of EP3 Civic Type R.
DC2 was on another planet in terms of grip steering,chases,feel...

Steering should be more direct.
Also front end grip ...no way DC2 understeers like this mod.Diff should be powerful and pul car out of a corner....
Gearbox faster maybe.
Like I sad IMO jakubP Spoon EG with some tweaks is great!(rev limiter rised,softer suspension etc...)also Norms FK2.Esprits FD2.
And I tried every fast fwd Honda I clould find on 3 forums,Faceebook,YT,Discord...

I will try new data posted here for DC2 and compare it to my own edit.
I tried to make it better by feel cos Im no modder gonna test it more...(Lower basey,more pocket range and bump stop.quicker rack etc...)

I understand its hard to make a car like DC2 feels good in AC.Its all about the feel and in sim we lack a lot...

Last edited:
FYI: Race Sim Studio Updates

I just received three emails about new updates for their...

- Formula Americas 2020
- Formula Hybrid 2020
- Formula Hybrid X 2022

----------------------
Changelog - Formula Americas 2020 V2 - 16 October 2020

• Push to Pass added for Road variant. Available only in race mode setting, gives 60 extra horsepower when activated for a period of 15 seconds. It can be used 10 times per race.
• New Custom Shader's Patch Tyre shaders to both cars and compounds
• Updated exterior carbons both variations
• Updated interior textures and shaders both variations
• New pit crew textures

----------------------
Formula Hybrid 2020 - Version 3 - 16 October 2020

• New interior sounds - real recordings
• Weight increase 746kg
• Wheel rotation limit standardised to 450 degrees for all 2020 RSS vehicles
• Additional tyre compounds added
• Small decrease of aero efficiency in low and medium wing angles
• Adjusted some setup range parameters, old setups might not work
• New Custom Shader's Patch Tyre shaders added to 5 dry compounds
• New Custom Shader's Patch Tyre compound added "Visual Wet" - requires Custom Shader's Patch
• 3D Fixed small aero element right barge board
• New pit crew textures

-----------------------
Changelog Formula Hybrid X 2022 Version 3 - 16 October 2020

*** A clean installation of the vehicle, instead of an overwrite, is recommended ***
• Rebrand to 2022
• New CSP Tyre shaders added to 3 dry compounds
• New CSP Tyre compound added "Visual Wet"
• New pit crew textures

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to get the windmills working and replace the back ground horizon, poke a stick at the darkness of the trees etc,
Someone has already done the turbines, but, in this build of the track their centres are way off so they dont spin correctly. (is there a way to nominate a new geometry centre in CSP?)

Did an edit in Blender to recentre geometry origins and some renaming to make it easier to pick them for animation. So, its a completely new KN5, whats the best way to "add" it to the current myriad of versions of this track already in this forum?

Why are the turbines spinning like a hurricane in progress?

Mmmm... when I now create a custom grid in CM using a selection of different AI cars as opponents, only one of the cars is used, ie all AI opponents drive the same car, not a mix.
Never used to have this problem.
Is this a new bug or am I doing something stupid?

View attachment 965508

I bought one a few months ago, and I love it. I opted for a 6 spd gate and the sequential gate of course.
I admit I keep it in sequential mode most of the time, and I love the way it feels. Iirc, I have it at the standard tension (a stiffer setting is available by making a screw adjustment), and it feels good for me. The fact that it's 3D printed doesn't feel apparently at all, and I just love the sequential knob.
In my time with the H-gate, I certainly did make a handful of mis-shifts, but it just added to the thrill of peril and immersion for me. And I figure I'd get better with it, especially if I'm just taking a bit of extra time, and using it more for LAC or SRP cruises.

And their service is good, too. I emailed them shortly after ordering to make a gate finish change, and the owner responded promptly.

So... go for it! Have you seen reviews for it? I think Sim Racing Garage has a good one.

That DC2 would've been great if it wasn't encrypted. So many things that need to be addressed. The steering wheel position and animations are totally off, especially noticeable in VR, I was unable to set up the same POV as I would be in a real-life DC2.

This car is so realistic,Amazing !!!!!

I quite like it. I know a couple of people here had been disappointed with how it feels, but I get adequate, if subtle feel, and I only have a DFGT (with CSv3 pedals). I do get a fair bit of unsaveable snap oversteer so far, but I also haven't tried any setup changes yet.
Also, it sounds quite good!

FYI: Race Sim Studio Updates

I just received three emails about new updates for their...

- Formula Americas 2020
- Formula Hybrid 2020
- Formula Hybrid X 2022

----------------------
Changelog - Formula Americas 2020 V2 - 16 October 2020

• Push to Pass added for Road variant. Available only in race mode setting, gives 60 extra horsepower when activated for a period of 15 seconds. It can be used 10 times per race.
• New Custom Shader's Patch Tyre shaders to both cars and compounds
• Updated exterior carbons both variations
• Updated interior textures and shaders both variations
• New pit crew textures

----------------------
Formula Hybrid 2020 - Version 3 - 16 October 2020

• New interior sounds - real recordings
• Weight increase 746kg
• Additional tyre compounds added
• Small decrease of aero efficiency in low and medium wing angles
• Adjusted some setup range parameters, old setups might not work
• New Custom Shader's Patch Tyre shaders added to 5 dry compounds
• New Custom Shader's Patch Tyre compound added "Visual Wet" - requires Custom Shader's Patch
• 3D Fixed small aero element right barge board
• New pit crew textures

-----------------------
Changelog Formula Hybrid X 2022 Version 3 - 16 October 2020

*** A clean installation of the vehicle, instead of an overwrite, is recommended ***
• Rebrand to 2022
• New CSP Tyre shaders added to 3 dry compounds
• New CSP Tyre compound added "Visual Wet"
• New pit crew textures
thanks for the information, i will download all of this

Formula RSS 2 V6 2020 also received update. I heard that Formula 79 received something too.

Changelog - Formula RSS 2 V6 2020 - Version 2 - 16 October 2020
• New Custom Shader's Patch Tyre shaders added to 4 dry compounds
• 3D - New wheel hubs added all 4 corners - LOD updated
• New pit crew textures

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back