Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
I'm just waiting for the nod.
nods.gif

Hello guys,

@Masscot, @TimLotus, and maybe other fans of Gentle Minds Performance mods...

...WIPERS AND RAIN EFFECT are coming to BMW M5 E34 by Gentle Minds Performance! SOON, VERY SOON :D

ORIGINAL BMW wipers that came wth the model :D, not a swap (I always do original wipers LOL) - and no kidding, their performance astonished me every time since I was making working wipers for M5 E60.:D

WIP shot:
clipboard4.png

bmw-e34-m5-pack-rainfx-addon.jpg

[the addon works with all cars in the pack, just copy animations and extension folder, and in ext_config.ini change FILE= name_of_the_car.kn5 appropriately]

[if you are new to gtplanet attachments :D and have no idea what to do with that "strange .7z.txt file", look here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1870#post-13272103]

DOWNLOAD THE ADDON FROM HERE:
UPDATED (2020-10-31)

Attachments

• bmw_e34_m5_pack_rainfx_addon.7z.txt
    234.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
@Shokeus I could not resist!!!!

I've made them after analyzed this video to understand the movement and blade rotating on axis accordingly with the base.

View attachment 968137
View attachment 968138 View attachment 968139 View attachment 968140 View attachment 968141

Full wipers added they were missing inside mod, created a chromatic base to mount them over, created animation from sratch. This car is fantastic and so it was deserving working wipers.

Track in your pictures?

Hello guys,

...WIPERS AND RAIN EFFECT are coming to BMW M5 E34 by Gentle Minds Performance! SOON, VERY SOON :D

ORIGINAL BMW wipers that came wth the model :D, not a swap (I always do original wipers LOL) - and no kidding, their performance astonished me every time since I was making working wipers for M5 E60.:D

Wipers will come in two variants:
1. with left wiper plastic cover - as it came with the model
2. with plastic cover removed for better visibility (i will upload next screenshots)

great news! Thanks very much!

@Shokeus I could not resist!!!!

I've made them after analyzed this video to understand the movement and blade rotating on axis accordingly with the base.

View attachment 968137
View attachment 968138 View attachment 968139 View attachment 968140 View attachment 968141

Full wipers added they were missing inside mod, created a chromatic base to mount them over, created animation from sratch. This car is fantastic and so it was deserving working wipers.

Track in your pictures?

Nope, not abandoned, but @Xedrox wasn´t online for a longer time now. :(
So, I´m still waiting for his latest updates... :)
Hope, he´s well so far. Anybody heard something about him?

Here 2 screenshots, how it looks right now on my side:
View attachment 968146

View attachment 968192
Will be nice to have.
I have the version 1.0 from Alex Meyer installed but elevation is wrong at certain points (compared to onboard video's).

Hello guys,

WIP shots:
This is the beginning :D
clipboard1.jpg

And that's the end :D
[For this model the smallest, only essential patch to make it work, looks like that (below).]
clipboard4.png
Fantastic stuff! Huge thanks.
There are a few M5s in the pack... will the wipers work for all of them or did you select one model?
I have to say, this car is in my top ten mod cars for AC. It's such a pleasure to drive because it behaves like a real car. And even though it has no LODs, I can race against 30+ AI with amazing performance in VR. I shudder to think how amazing it would be with three LODs added, but maybe performance is good because it's a basic car with no CSP features (until the wipers are added, of course..)?
Anyone else finding it's incredibly easy on their system?

Not quite, because one of them is a paid one (you only have access if donate).
And I think a couple more never been out. That is the reason I asked.
Cheers
the videos are there to present the circuit and the progress of the work before the final release, 100% of the circuits presented to date are all available for download.
From time to time a circuit will be in access donate, especially those who asked me the most work.

Fantastic stuff! Huge thanks.
There are a few M5s in the pack... will the wipers work for all of them or did you select one model?
I have to say, this car is in my top ten mod cars for AC. It's such a pleasure to drive because it behaves like a real car. And even though it has no LODs, I can race against 30+ AI with amazing performance in VR. I shudder to think how amazing it would be with three LODs added, but maybe performance is good because it's a basic car with no CSP features (until the wipers are added, of course..)?
Anyone else finding it's incredibly easy on their system?

The short answer to your question is YES :D, it works for all cars in the pack.

(copy the files from the addon-patch to every car's folder and only change name of kn5 in ext_config.ini accordingly to your car)

just uploaded the addon :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1858#post-13269845

SOME TIME LATER :)
out of curiosity i have run the bmw on old csp 0.1.65 and i'm amazed with the ... fabulous green-cyan rain visuals :D ( 0.1.67 has no issues )

abc2.jpg

So i checked and the culprit is in original texture for external_glass :D (i didnt expect glass texture with a tint, but it looks like someone wanted to have tinted glass outside).

... AND A BIT MORE TIME LATER (including a lot, and a lot :D of testing for you ...)

FIXED (CSP 0.1.65):
112.jpg

CSP 0.1.65 users please redownload updated patch from the original link for your sheer pleasure. Enjoy ! :)

Last edited:
I just spent the better part of an hour searching for a cure to my issue. I use T300 with paddle shifter. I do not have separate shifter. While using some older vintage cars when I go to shift up the revs clime into red zone. This over revving can be eliminated when I remember to lift on the throttle when shifting. The key is, 'when I remember" for an older guy is not often enough. I tried in CM but no effect. I am trying to figure out how to eliminate this over revving. I believe the above , ai.ini and drivetrain.ini is the place to make changes ????

Any help in resolving this matter will surely put this B.O.B. in a better mood. thanks again.

drivetrain.ini

[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=some number in millisecond
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=change this to equal, or perhaps a tad more than, the number above

good day people! I have a serious problem. from one day to the next my Logitech Driving GT does not ride the Assetto Corsa. I can configure from the Content Manager but it does not work for me within the game. What can be? reinstall everything? csp.167 preview 1! . thank you very much!

good day people! I have a serious problem. from one day to the next my Logitech Driving GT does not ride the Assetto Corsa. I can configure from the Content Manager but it does not work for me within the game. What can be? reinstall everything? csp.167 preview 1! . thank you very much!
It could be power supply if your logitech it's like my G27 you can configure everything because it take a little power from USB port but it needs its power supply working. Do only a check.

The short answer to your question is YES :D, it works for all cars in the pack.

(copy the files from the addon-patch to every car's folder and only change name of kn5 in ext_config.ini accordingly to your car)

just uploaded the addon :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1858#post-13269845

CSP 0.1.65 users please redownload updated patch from the original link for your sheer pleasure. Enjoy ! :)

thanks a lot for your efforts! I will try it out later.

It could be power supply if your logitech it's like my G27 you can configure everything because it take a little power from USB port but it needs its power supply working. Do only a check.
The feedback goes, goes in configuration, goes in the small Logitech menu but does not work Assetto ...

The feedback goes, goes in configuration, goes in the small Logitech menu but does not work Assetto ...

Does your wheel work with vanilla launcher AC?

Also do you have multiple controller profiles saved in CM by any chance? I have similar problems sometimes and it seems to sort itself out if i reload a saved profile (even the same one that appears already loaded).

Final suggestion is go to: CM, Settings, Content Manager, Drive, and then on the page to the right under the "AC-related events" heading. Try checking the option "Automatically check and fix controllers before the race."

Good luck

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back