Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,047 comments
All the best in 2021. to all!
Is there any way to remove/reduce this dirty/foggy effect on car glass in cockpit view?
Its too much for my taste.I can only remove it if I untick "use new windscreen effect" in RAIN FX part of CSP but that way new raindrops are gone.
I tied all options in WINDSCREEN FX part On /off remove dirt nothing happens.On/off WINDSCREEN FX same thing.
SOL 2.0.1 CSP 1.67pw1
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_ferrari_458_feldberg_1-1-121-23-13-54.jpg
    Screenshot_ferrari_458_feldberg_1-1-121-23-13-54.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Y'know with all these RainFX configs we're all getting here lately for many tracks, I feel like I would like to see some lights added to one of my favorite circuits being Milan Castello since I lived there several years and loved it a lot for everything it had there, especially the Duomo and Vittorio Emanuele Gallery.

Cams for Spa 1966.
Doesn´t overwrite existing cams.
Have fun and a happy new year.

Thank you so much DaBaeda. This is one of my most favorite tracks. You have brought immense more value to AC for me with your cameras. You amaze me how fast you can pump them out. I enjoy making cameras also, but it takes me longer.

Some time ago I made a camera set for Spa 1966 from a spectator view. Maybe others will like it as a change of pace from the trackside camera view.
Thanks again for all your camera contributions!

You must remove the ".txt" and replace the "X" with the camera number needed to not interfere with your current sets. The file goes in ...\assettocorsa\content\tracks\spa_1966\data.

Attachments

• cameras_X.ini.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 28
Any hopes/wishes for the AC modding community in 2021? I have a couple:
1. Fewer mods, but to a generally higher standard. The era of half-assed stuff getting pumped out and riddled with basic errors should end. It just adds noise to an already crowded environment.
2. Everyone in the community getting along better and more respect for the hard work of others. Less ad hominem attacks, less fighting between factions. We all want basically the same thing: an ever-improving Assetto Corsa. This is a game we play to forget how fubar the planet is right now.
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope 2021 offers us a return to some semblance of normality.

1. Fewer mods, but to a generally higher standard. The era of half-assed stuff getting pumped out and riddled with basic errors should end. It just adds noise to an already crowded environment.
2. Everyone in the community getting along better and more respect for the hard work of others. Less ad hominem attacks, less fighting between factions. We all want basically the same thing: an ever-improving Assetto Corsa. This is a game we play to forget how fubar the planet is right now.
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope 2021 offers us a return to some semblance of normality.

I second this, that's why i don't release nearly 80% of my simple conversions :P

Y'know with all these RainFX configs we're all getting here lately for many tracks, I feel like I would like to see some lights added to one of my favorite circuits being Milan Castello since I lived there several years and loved it a lot for everything it had there, especially the Duomo and Vittorio Emanuele Gallery.
Well, I have 'some' lights, but it could be much better, I agree:

gallery.png
gall.png

That's in my 'most hoped for conversions' list too, but I'm pretty sure no-one has gotten the model out of PC2 yet.

It's on the 'work in progress' list at GzeroD's blog, so we should see it one day. I posted the image from the site hoping to promote the idea of making that day sooner rather than later.

Is it possible to hide the numberplate with an ext_config file ?

dc9XQaL.png

For some reason they're part of the model so hiding them away with the skin.dds file doesn't work

I'd appreciate a solution for this too. It's no fun to have previews looking like this:

double.png

There are some cars that have an extra kn5 file in the folder just for making previews, but I have no idea how to get one.

Last edited:

All of the above...

World Peace.jpg

And Happy New Year to all of you too. :cheers:

Hey guys, i have a question, a problem, which is... strange.

Today i was playing AC (latest CM, latest stable CSP, SOL 2.0.1). Everything setted as always with an average of 70+ FPS in solo.

Then, after closing a track, and opened one randomly, i start having on every track and every car an average of 20fps.

Closed AC, tried everything, i found only a way to gain almost the old FPS with a complete remove of the CM folder and AC folder too.

But now i have not full quality setting (i remember that they were higher before even i'm not sure) but i barely ran with an average of 60fps.

Any idea on what can be the problem? There's something settings in CM that i had activate in the past which allow a better FPS performance? I don't understand what had caused the problem to be honest :-/

Hello all
new year with new races and mods is quiet nice ,in my group it will held a small le mans several hours later haha、
Actually,im looking for good wtcc TC1 mod for a long time. If there are some good TC1 car,pls tell me,thx

Especially Volvo S60 TC1

Hello and welcome.

I have a TC1 mod. Nothing special, but if you want it just tell me. And yes, it comes with the Volvo S60.
upload_2021-1-1_23-29-13.png

Cheers

Today i was playing AC (latest CM, latest stable CSP, SOL 2.0.1). Everything setted as always with an average of 70+ FPS in solo.

Then, after closing a track, and opened one randomly, i start having on every track and every car an average of 20fps.

Closed AC, tried everything, i found only a way to gain almost the old FPS with a complete remove of the CM folder and AC folder too.

But now i have not full quality setting (i remember that they were higher before even i'm not sure) but i barely ran with an average of 60fps.

Any idea on what can be the problem? There's something settings in CM that i had activate in the past which allow a better FPS performance? I don't understand what had caused the problem to be honest :-/

It could be this:

Tomorrow i will check, but i'm sure that I already did with a batch request done by CM this morning (i read what it asked but i don't remember now what was but i'm pretty sure it says FTH or something)
Thanks for your help for now :)

EDIT: @Jody Parks i checked right now the regedit and in fact acs.ext is listed in the exclusion, so probably the batch made by CM this morning has worked fine, but is still present in State so tomorrow i will backup the regedit voice then i will follow the guide you posted. Thanks for your help, much appreciated

Last edited:
All the best in 2021. to all!
Is there any way to remove/reduce this dirty/foggy effect on car glass in cockpit view?
Its too much for my taste.I can only remove it if I untick "use new windscreen effect" in RAIN FX part of CSP but that way new raindrops are gone.
I tied all options in WINDSCREEN FX part On /off remove dirt nothing happens.On/off WINDSCREEN FX same thing.
SOL 2.0.1 CSP 1.67pw1
Thanks!

This tutorial should help you...

https://www.nutrimatic.cc/assetto-corsa/reducing-or-changing-windscreen-dirt/

Wooah, thanks man!
I'm really trying to solve the nomenclature/categorization challenge that so many cars pose.
Your post made me realize that dividing cars into so many groups and classes could, ironically, only create a bigger mess.
However, the website you provided is extremely clear.
Oh, the dilemma...

To make matters worse lots of cars also get shuffled around different classes over the years even if they remain the same mechanical spec. For example ex factory cars run by privateers later in their lifetimes.

Not to mention that a large proportion of the mods released for AC only represent a single spec of cars that were run in the real world with bigger and smaller engines, different tyres, gearboxes. So you have to do your own research there too.

The happy part of all this is that it all leads you on your own history adventure. The bummer is that good motorsport history books are often priced above $200. My wallet is glad that we have such a strong community effort here pumping out all the excellent championship collections compiled from different sources.

To make matters worse lots of cars also get shuffled around different classes over the years even if they remain the same mechanical spec. For example ex factory cars run by privateers later in their lifetimes.

Not to mention that a large proportion of the mods released for AC only represent a single spec of cars that were run in the real world with bigger and smaller engines, different tyres, gearboxes. So you have to do your own research there too.

The happy part of all this is that it all leads you on your own history adventure. The bummer is that good motorsport history books are often priced above $200. My wallet is glad that we have such a strong community effort here pumping out all the excellent championship collections compiled from different sources.

Yeah! I use this site, that follows cars trayectory though different championships. Variations are huge: https://www.racingsportscars.com/cars.html

Last edited:

You could try this...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1699#post-13238154

EDIT: Ninja'd by Jody Parks. Great minds think alike. :lol:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back