Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,822 comments
WIP - Motul Kazan (track-folder: \motul_kazan) LINK

*Dusk

Mod features:
  • GTP_skin-update (darkened tarmac, GTplanet flags and various logos)
  • track/object lighting
  • replay cameras (under review)
  • rain FX
  • background screen images

WIP__motul_kazan_01.jpg

*Rain

Last edited:
thanks Kevin !!!!
a simracers friend explained to me to modify the ai.ini file of the WTCR2018 by Delpinski 3.0 cars because the setting is at 25 instead of 18-20 and therefore the cars cut corners too much
I tested aggressivity AI 40-50-60-70 and 80

View attachment 984468

I tested again last night with Shaun Clarke's BTCC and TMM Cupra TCR mods at 100% strength and aggression without a problem. My thought was then it has to be the ai of your cars, and was going to suggest what you have already found. Open the .acd file, open the ai.ini , and check the look_ahead setting. 25 is way too high.

If a car seems to behave unusually compared to cars that I know have good ai (the Kunos GT3's all work well), I will check look_ahead. If they are over shooting corners or slowing down abnormally fast, I will check brake and trail hints. In doing so however it may render the car unusable in on-line races (not sure as I'm a single player only).

i already did it, is not called anymore Motul Ring, but Kazan mate, btw good work ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2105#post-13324856

How could I have completely missed your post... Thanks for the heads-up... Still had a fun-time making these features to share... Will now take a peek at your files to see if they can be incorporated into the existing config-file... We may have two versions in play if the track-file-name has been altered... Goodo! 👍

Edit: Just checked... I've been working on the base-release posted by @damone13x

upload_2021-1-14_4-18-6.png

Last edited:
Did someone say coda lunga?

There is a mod but I forgot where I found it.

edit: found it. It's on this forum page: 1255 done by @SwissTony

Looks very nice for a GTR2 convert but I'm certainly not going to say no to a PC2 conversion done nicely! One of the main reasons for loading PC2 was the classic Le Mans stuff for me, but AC's surpassing it now.

WIP 1970 WSC Matra MS650.
High, medium and low aero setup.

Not going to lie... this is exciting

How could I have completely missed your post... Thanks for the heads-up... Still had a fun-time making these features to share... Will now take a peek at your files to see if they can be incorporated into the existing config-file... We may have two versions in play if the track-file-name has been altered... Goodo! 👍

Edit: Just checked... I've been working on the base-release posted by @damone13x

View attachment 984506

I saw his post, but i've worked on the version i had on HDD, btw they are the same track, made by the same person (which i don't know who was).
Btw, from mine you can grab cameras (mine and DaBaeda ones) and other stuff too, like the edited billboards (which are not Motul anymore) and the removed flags and banners of the author, which are not present in real life ;)

If you have time and knowledge, check the road between t4 and t5, i'm pretty sure there's a misaligned road with the grass, which can be a hole in the mesh, unfortunately i don't have knowledge (or better, time) to work on the 3D side of the track to fix it ;)

The cars have to be parallel to the pit lane not in the style they are.

the new kn5 with him, next release, but, comes at a price, there are 20 pit boxes marked on the ground and 26 cars to pit, so if the cars are any bigger than go karts and happen to pit at same time they will "merge" into each other a bit, or with smaller cars be forced to drive "through" each other to get out of the pits. in LMPs for example when you pit you are actually inside the other when you pit, its immersion crushing.

(my own version i have 32 cars to start and pit and it $hits me to drive through another car exiting pits.)

real solution is to reduce pit count to 20, but, 20 is a tiny grid. Not sure how AC handles for example 32 STARTS but only 20 pits? does it share it between the cars? lets hope they never pit together and kill immersion?

upload_2021-1-14_6-3-5.png

Last edited:
New AI for URD´s Twin Ring Motegi Ovals by Rainmaker
https://www.mediafire.com/file/f3wqn0y6amks51e/New_AI_for_URD%C2%B4s_Twin_Ring_Motegi_Ovals_by_Rainmaker.7z/file
Had much fun driving the VRC CARTs with these lines.

Improvement for Hockenheim by VheEth https://www.mediafire.com/file/oc2d9q24w2mg39m/New_AI_for_VheEth%C2%B4s_Hockenheimring_GP_v2.0_by_Rainmaker.7z/file
I can´t fix the pit issue. The cars have to be parallel to the pit lane not in the style they are.

What improvement is it? Please, if you have any changes regarding the Vhe_ tracks write me and we will try to integrate your work if it is worth it. If you make changes "ad minchiam" everything becomes dispersive. If you don't want to share, change the directory extension and mention the name in the conversion credits. I would like to avoid confusion with my converted tracks as I am still working on improving them further.

hi to all comunity! i downloaded this skin for ferrari 488 evo:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-488-gt3-evo-61-clearwater-racing.38829/

and i discovery that if you isert this lines in the ext_config.ini you got a nice chrome effect:

[INCLUDE: common/materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial = EXT_Carpaint_Inst
; Metallic car paint
[Material_CarPaint_Chrome]
FresnelMax = 1
FresnelC = 0.4
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.5
ClearCoatThickness = 0.1
ColoredSpecular = 0.9
AmbientSpecular = 0.0
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ApplyTilingFix = 0

but unfortunately, also affect to the rest of the logos and sponsors! so, anybody know how to manage for only affect the "chrome effect" just for the paint? i tries diferenst skin_map but the results are very poors.. would be great if someone can discover how to manage this!

how does the headband look?

Sorry for the bit OT, but, if you grab one, and you havent already got BeamNG, the TrackIR goes beyond in this game, BeamNG has no real triple screen support for individual projection (it just stretches everything out like Forza or Grid etc) and no VR, so for rock crawling etc I am forced to use outside views as the FOV stretch in triples is bizarre, feel like you smoked way too much weed, and leaves me queezy after a bit.. the ability to look around in cockpit view now in this game in a 16:9 window was worth the entry price on its own.

Last edited:
Can you get the TAGS criteria to be as they are exactly written?
I have categories (like IMSA GTP and IMSA GT) that mix together because they share the "IMSA" word.

Not sure what's causing this but for some reason the down headlights wont light up at all not sure what's causing this? Do i need to flip the normals on these headlights because i already have pasted the names of these headlights in the lights.ini? same goes for the gauge it won't light up at all.
2021.01.13-21.10_01.png

2021.01.13-21.11.png

Finally figured out how to do proper digital gauges lol.
Screenshot_lambo_diablo_gt2_ddm_gt5_gion_kyoto_13-0-121-21-16-27.jpg

Can you get the TAGS criteria to be as they are exactly written?
I have categories (like IMSA GTP and IMSA GT) that mix together because they share the "IMSA" word.

yes, in content manager, go to about>everything about filtering and you´ll find, well, everything about fitering

"If you already saw More About Expressions post, you know that space usually is used as AND operator. This way, you can search with convinient bmw e30 rather than bmw m3 e30 or bmw & e30. And that’s why you might want to use double quotes — within them, any space will work as a symbol to look for rather than a separator between keywords. Same goes for property filters as well.
 • lotus 2 (finds Lotus 2-Eleven, Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 and Lotus Exige 240R);
 • "lotus 2" (finds both Lotus 2-Eleven and Lotus 2-Eleven GT4);
 • 'lotus 2-eleven' (finds only Lotus 2-Eleven)."

Last edited:
The Apricot Hill/Midfield tracks for AC.
Has anyone made replay cameras with camtool for these tracks yet?
Hello guys! This is my first post!

Camtool is a dream come true for me, since the old days of Gran Turismo I only play the races to watch the replays and decorate the cameras to make some moves. :)

So I've been making camtool sets for sometime now. I'm not the technical guy, my cams are not perfect, I tend to prioritize the cams for hotlap runs but I hope some of you like my style and the cams I do can be useful.

I'm out of time rigtht now but I'm planning to provide the racedepartment link with the camtool file later today.

Here's a preview:

Thank you. Where do I buy it?
search anywhere for TrackIR (get the "pro" kits as it includes the wired IR, bought seperately they are $100 more expensive.)
That said the unwired one seems to work just as well, but, you need to clip it on a cap, and my strict upbringing makes me nervous wearing a hat indoors ;), cheapest i could find the combo (inside Aus) was here https://www.megabuy.com.au/naturalp...ker-ultra-pack-inc-trackclip-pro-p532943.html delivered the next day in Sydney.

EDIT: Also be aware there are many home made variants with opensource software you can build for under $50.. but, having tried them, they are crap. tracking drifts and reaction time is slow AF, and they also chew CPU cycles a lot more and fewer games support them properly, lots of hoops to jump.. I built this one, but it was garbage.

Last edited:
Can anyone help with this, please

I used to be able to drag the tracks up or down to reorder in the 'rounds' section when putting a championship together but since the latest CM release I cant do this.
View attachment 984372
I'm sure I missing something simple but can't find anywhere in the settings - There again I am old (ish)! :confused:

Footnote: it's a PIA doing it manually in the JSON files now I've gotten 'lockdown lazy'

FOUND IT _ Little Bugger!! :irked:

disable for dragdrop rounds.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back