Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,778 comments
Anyone with a clue why a track would all of a sudden stop working? it's the atlanta speedway,it's been fine before but now it acts weird,like the whole track's assets moved visually,while the physical track is in the same place as before,already deleted the track,reinstalled it,no effect

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020_chevrolet_camaro_nascar_aa_atlanta_17-2-121-15-13-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2020_chevrolet_camaro_nascar_aa_atlanta_17-2-121-15-13-13.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 48
Anyone with a clue why a track would all of a sudden stop working? it's the atlanta speedway,it's been fine before but now it acts weird,like the whole track's assets moved visually,while the physical track is in the same place as before,already deleted the track,reinstalled it,no effect
A CSP issue most likely. Downgrade and try again.

I quite agree. Also the alloys look really fake. But, love it otherwise.

It could improve graphically, the rear taillight glass is clear for example. The physics is by far the best E46 I've driven yet. Could be made to be more controllable during a drift. The diff in the real car is much more active, the physics in the mod is a tad too grippy imo. But the SMG simulation is spot on. Felt exactly like how my E46 felt most of the time. The engine and gear ratio is spot on.

It could improve graphically, the rear taillight glass is clear for example. The physics is by far the best E46 I've driven yet. Could be made to be more controllable during a drift. The diff in the real car is much more active, the physics in the mod is a tad too grippy imo. But the SMG simulation is spot on. Felt exactly like how my E46 felt most of the time. The engine and gear ratio is spot on.
The very light grey dials can be fixed with a ksAmbient drop to 0.05 and the plastic for the vents etc dropped to 0.03. Makes the cockpit look much closer to my old E46.
No idea why these were originally set so pale, maybe it's a ppf thing. The dials in particular were extremely light - the fuel gauge looked almost blank.

Last edited:
MNBA RELEASE
BMW M3 E46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great car. Sounds great, feels great. As stated before way to grippy to be realistic IMO. Outperforms sometimes GT4 Cars, which shound be on slicks and newer M4 with 150 horses more. Not complainig though :-)

Anyone else noticed that using this as an AI car, it won't move and just stay at the starting line when doing a race?

Last edited:
I'm still confused what graphic settings to use on amd gpu.CMAA,FXAA 31.11,FXAA alt or SMAA,Fidelity cas enable or disable?
I use reshade and have fxaa enabled,right or wrong?
Does everybody use nvidia gpus?

Sabine Schmitz, one of the fastest woman in the world, lost her fight against cancer today.

Rest in peace, driver.

View attachment 998373

I was hoping to get a chance to meet her in person on a future trip to the Nurburg area. I'm am saddened by this, but so glad she had such a great life with her historic wins and at least 20,000 laps around the Nordschleife. There's a lot to celebrate about her and the life she lived.

I would have loved to have her "scare me" on a taxi lap.

Last edited:
Great car. Sounds great, feels great. As stated before way to grippy to be realistic IMO. Outperforms sometimes GT4 Cars, which shound be on slicks and newer M4 with 150 horses more. Not complainig though :-)

Anyone else noticed that using this as an AI car, it won't move and just stay at the starting line when doing a race?

It is necessary to lower the gear up speed setting of the artificial intelligence

faster than supposed to be on the track but still beautiful

Last edited by a moderator:
It is necessary to lower the gear up speed setting of the artificial intelligence

Sounds promising. A quick forum search on how to do it did not work for me. Sorry, if it's a dumb question, but can you give me hint how to chande the "gear up speed" for the ai? Probably some ini-file right?

Sounds promising. A quick forum search on how to do it did not work for me. Sorry, if it's a dumb question, but can you give me hint how to chande the "gear up speed" for the ai? Probably some ini-file right?

Not a dumb question at all if you need to learn.

It is an ini file, yes - usually this is in the drivetrain.ini (may be listed under gearbox or on its own)
What you are looking for.....
e.g.
CHANGE_UP_TIME=150 ; change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=180 ; change down time in milliseconds

there are an awful lot more AI items you can change, but you could start here.

Edit: I see other suggestions coming in already too...

SOULFIRER
:yuck:

Last edited:
What I tried now was:
- testing the car for redline (was 8000)
- unpack data with CM
- goto ai.ini
- looking for "[GEARS]...UP" (was 8900
- changing the value to 8000

Worked like a charm. Thanx for the help. Much appreciated. Great community.

As Miguel Silva (the author of that recent MNBA E46 M3) said, "Feel free to use it and edit as you like. Have fun. Just credit if you use something from this car".
I wanted to try and fix the sparkly crystalline light lenses and ended up doing a few more quick tweaks. Nothing massive.
It'll install as a new car to preserve the old one for comparison purposes and in case I borked something.

v1.1
- Shader tweaks to instrument dial faces (darkened), front & rear lights (desparkled), cockpit plastic (darkened), exterior glass borders (now black), wipers (black), exhaust (darker chrome), exterior paint (clearcoat) + a few more
- Driver repositioned and rotated for better fit & better steering wheel grip
- Driver suit/gloves/helmet combos added
- High-level brake light added
- AI gear change up revs corrected

bmw.PNG

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k8ht54pjh1c9nfj/ms_bmw_m3_e46_rev.7z/file

If someone wants to add LoDs then there's a place at God's table for you when you croak.

Last edited:
Has VRC also removed the Ferrari skins from their latest v1.1 from the F2007? I´ve downloaded the car but it only has some fantasy liveries now. A pity. :irked:
View attachment 998442
It looks that way. I think there are official liveries available on RaceDepartment.

Interesting that VRC removed official branding from all their cars, including the free downloads. A bunch of “formula alphas” now.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back