Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,774 comments
PDF so it can be uploaded to other sites and pictures can be added to show changes..

I muddled my way through most of the animations but I likely did 10k exports and restarts to have to test everything..
Upload to other sites? Why???
Just a link to the original one should work too, or not?

Last edited:
Is anyone interested in a CSP ext_config.ini tutorial? So many who keep asking about the same probes. 🤨 😦

Any ideas how and where it could be implemented? Here, or in a separate thread, on Discord, on RD ...? With or without comments, or as a PDF to download ...?

I could use a new track with no config to start over (suggestions for such tracks are welcome). First the basics, such as in general. Put on some grass and rain fx, and gradually we could get deeper and deeper. Light glowing and casting, shader fixes etc.
Or should it be better, explaining a previous made config, part by part?

What do you think?
I still have a lot of other things to do, but after a while this could slowly help to get things done better. 🙂
Great ideia! I vote for a separate thread. It would be better if we had a main thread called Tutorials, then each tutrial with its own thread inside.

Upload to other sites? Why???
Just a link to the original one should work too, or not?
I guess so. I just like having a local copy as my internet isnt the greatest... I suppose I could just copy and paste what I needed so I guess its kind of the same.

This was a first for me... 🤔
If you can wait a little longer...

Screenshot_vrc_pt_auriel8_gp3r_trois_rivieres_24-6-121-16-38-45.jpg

Presently, I am enjoying AC only in one way.
Atm, by this order (only first 5), am playing:
1- AMS2
2- RaceRoom
3- ACC
4- AC
5- rFactor2

One of the great advantages of AC, is the variety of cars and tracks.

So, how am I having fun with AC?
I recreate real life races. 🙂
It is fun. Cool challenge. At least for me.
Note that sometimes, I have to replace one or two cars, when they're missing in my garage.

Two examples:

International GTOpen 2021 ROUND 2 BELGIUM - Spa Francorchamps

btw, both races were great for different reasons.

-----------------------------------------

BRSCC LIVE Ford Fiesta & Ford XR at Knockhill June 2021

-----------------------------------

However untill now, I have to admit, this was the most enjoyable recreation so far, and I have a few.

IMPÉRIO ENDURANCE BRASIL 2021 - 2ª ETAPA / 4 HORAS DE CURITIBA

(4 hours Curitiba Endurance Brasil) - I don't remember, but I believe it had 6, 7 different classes.
But this had to be done in AMS2. Fantastic. The AI is really good!

Recreations made me back to AC more often.🚙

Presently, I am enjoying AC only in one way.
Atm, by this order (only first 5), am playing:
1- AMS2
2- RaceRoom
3- ACC
4- AC
5- rFactor2

One of the great advantages of AC, is the variety of cars and tracks.

So, how am I having fun with AC?
I recreate real life races. 🙂
It is fun. Cool challenge. At least for me.
Note that sometimes, I have to replace one or two cars, when they're missing in my garage.

Two examples:

International GTOpen 2021 ROUND 2 BELGIUM - Spa Francorchamps

btw, both races were great for different reasons.

-----------------------------------------

BRSCC LIVE Ford Fiesta & Ford XR at Knockhill June 2021

-----------------------------------

However untill now, I have to admit, this was the most enjoyable recreation so far, and I have a few.

IMPÉRIO ENDURANCE BRASIL 2021 - 2ª ETAPA / 4 HORAS DE CURITIBA

(4 hours Curitiba Endurance Brasil) - I don't remember, but I believe it had 6, 7 different classes.
But this had to be done in AMS2. Fantastic. The AI is really good!

Recreations made me back to AC more often.🚙

for me its still RF2 at #1 position, because when i want to race specific classes in huge grids over a long time in the rig, GTE+LMP for example at 12 hours of sebring, they all work and they all bopped as offical dlc content stays updated, in AC that near impossible because everyone and his uncle is releasing cars and they never match, official content is years old now and properly bop'd grids are hard to find, with current gt3 for example, at a 12 hours of spa, the bmw finishes 4 laps ahead of everyone else and other cars are 4 laps behind me.

AMS2 gets most of my "having a blast time" now though, keeps getting better and better each release. This look to be my new favourite sim, it just needs more content.

AC has this many hours because of all the time i spend working on configs and tracks etc. And for me this is much fun as any other reason, but, typically i wont spend time in it driving or racing.

ACC.. meh. I applied to nvidia for a bitmining pc with 200 x 3090's so i can get 90fps in VR.. they have not replied. on my 2080ti rig in triples its a slaughter fest.

R3E - super meh. Hoping todays update to FFB makes it feel like im not playing sega rally in an arcade anymore. update to modern graphics would be nice as well

PC2 is in that list because it was my gateway drug into sim racing, and my first game ;)

AMS - I bought because i enjoyed AMS2 , and its getting a bit of my time now for all the crazy RX and super4x4 classes. they are fun!

somewhere right down the bottom is iRobbing - self explanatory ;)

1624572188646.png

Last edited:
for me its still RF2 at #1 position, because when i want to race specific classes in huge grids over a long time in the rig, GTE+LMP for example at 12 hours of sebring, they all work and they all bopped as offical dlc content stays updated, in AC that near impossible because everyone and his uncle is releasing cars and they never match, official content is years old now and properly bop'd grids are hard to find, with current gt3 for example, at a 12 hours of spa, the bmw finishes 4 laps ahead of everyone else and other cars are 4 laps behind me.

AMS2 gets most of my "having a blast time" now though, keeps getting better and better each release. This look to be my new favourite sim, it just needs more content.

AC has this many hours because of all the time i spend working on configs and tracks etc. And for me this is much fun as any other reason, but, typically i wont spend time in it driving or racing.

ACC.. meh. I applied to nvidia for a bitmining pc with 200 x 3090's so i can get 90fps in VR.. they have not replied. on my 2080ti rig in triples its a slaughter fest.

R3E - super meh. Hoping todays update to FFB makes it feel like im not playing sega rally in an arcade anymore. update to modern graphics would be nice as well

PC2 is in that list because it was my gateway drug into sim racing, and my first game ;)

AMS - I bought because i enjoyed AMS2 , and its getting a bit of my time now for all the crazy RX and super4x4 classes. they are fun!

somewhere right down the bottom is iRobbing - self explanatory ;)

View attachment 1062366
39.4 hours of DR2? Disgraceful... 🤣 🤣 I remember myself sweating like crazy after a single rally of career mode.

By the way does ETS 2 count xD? 400 hours i spent on that. And a quick question, how does your system handle RF2 (frames and smoothness)? I am considering adding it to my library.

About PCars2, i never was able to connect with it. FFB, physics, cars... They weren't very pleasing IMO.

ACC, 20 fps lowest settings... Pass on that pls.

R3E, just installed it again. Before FFB updates, game was a bit crap in my opinion. FFB settings were difficult to figure out, graphics weren't great... Overall though, it was driveable. Now that they brought some FFB goodies, i hope i can like it.

DR2, how should i start... My all time favorite rally game. Spent so much time on mastering it. Tarmac physics are utter sh**, but overall, i love it.

AC, not much to talk about. 500 hours spent hotlapping and trying new mods... At least i can say i am trying to enjoy it.

Last edited:
I don't have ACC yet but it's on the list now I have a wheel and rig (at last!!!!!) although i've been loving Automobilista 2 and that has some GT4 cars - just not as many as ACC i think
Steam Summer Sale has started! ACC game and all DLCs are on sale.

I just bought RF2 after it was heavily promoted by @Beezer215 😄 and I do not regret it for one minute. Still wrapping my head round using a wheel and sitting in a rig but I'm loving how different the driving experience is now compared to the controller. But hey not hating on that as it gave me years of fun times too.
You're going to have an entire journey of 'rediscovery' ahead, going back to try all of your favourite cars on a wheel. And you'll probably find a whole bunch of cars you didn't think so much of (on a controller) are actually more fun than you first thought. 😎

39.4 hours of DR2? Disgraceful... 🤣 🤣 I remember myself sweating like crazy after a single rally of career mode.

By the way does ETS 2 count xD? 400 hours i spent on that. And a quick question, how does your system handle RF2 (frames and smoothness)? I am considering adding it to my library.

About PCars2, i never was able to connect with it. FFB, physics, cars... They weren't very pleasing IMO.

ACC, 20 fps lowest settings... Pass on that pls.

R3E, just installed it again. Before FFB updates, game was a bit crap in my opinion. FFB settings were difficult to figure out, graphics weren't great... Overall though, it was driveable. Now that they brought some FFB goodies, i hope i can like it.

DR2, how should i start... My all time favorite rally game. Spent so much time on mastering it. Tarmac physics are utter sh**, but overall, i love it.

AC, not much to talk about. 500 hours spent hotlapping and trying new mods... At least i can say i am trying to enjoy it.
DR2 - Ya I know, whe i bought it it was for the VR, then i learned i hate VR and its triple screen does nto exist so i stopped playing it.

ETS is hardcore man! trying reverse parking a double trailer into a loading dock!!

Pcars2 was my first sim game, the only thing I knew, back when I had a g25 clamped to my desk. I got my moneys worth from it ;)

R3E.. ill see, its had "major updates" several times since i bought it.. they all proved to be less than enthralling.

RF2, on all maxxed out setting wth a 40 car grid at large track like lemans, no hiccups at all. still the best FFB in market, but

AMS2 is nipping at its heels to take that crown from RF2.. with Niels Heuskenveld on the dev team I think they will grab it too..

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back