Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,795 comments
Williams FW21 1999 F1 car

I've had this car for quite a few years and hoped one day it would be finished as it is still a beta release. Originally released by Assetto Corsa Modded but they seem to be long out of action as their Facebook page hasn't had a post in 4yrs and their website is down. Their was an update from Velo but it just feels all wrong to me so i've just updated the original release.

Aero and handling tweaks (traction control off)
Updated cockpit textures
3 skins included

Anyone who has more skills than me please do your best and share any updates.

Attachments

• Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    113.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    91.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    136.2 KB · Views: 94
Williams FW21 1999 F1 car

I've had this car for quite a few years and hoped one day it would be finished as it is still a beta release. Originally released by Assetto Corsa Modded but they seem to be long out of action as their Facebook page hasn't had a post in 4yrs and their website is down. Their was an update from Velo but it just feels all wrong to me so i've just updated the original release.

Aero and handling tweaks (traction control off)
Updated cockpit textures
3 skins included

Anyone who has more skills than me please do your best and share any updates.

Prost?? I'm confused. I guess this was a conversion from Codemasters' F1 games

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

F3CT - NORISRING

• Updated EXT_CONFIG with RainFX, GrassFX and water
Suggested mod: Track cam by DarkSK
Are these compatible with Sergio Loro's recent updates to his tracks please? I'm talking about Norisring and Watkins

I'm assuming so. F1 2013 If memory serves me right. The "Prost" seems to be baked in somewhere lol.
just checked your FW21 mod and you're at a good point. i allowed myself to tweak the engine (lowering the engine rev limit and adjusting the shift lights) and to do some texture work on the skins ( just changed the tyre skin from goodyear to bridgestone)

with that said, i "compiled" a to-do list for this mod:
  • suit and helmet textures
  • dirt and blur tyre textures
  • recalculate power curve
  • update tyre model to v10

This is a fairly unique car in AC and is good fun in spec races, so here's few quick personal tweaks to the BTCC 1994 Volvo 850 Estate in case anyone wants them.
Original modder unknown. Will install as a new car for preservation/comparison.
v1.2 - new driver (no longer sits like he's got itchy armpits), LODs, sequential gears, new suits/gloves, MoTeC updated, shader tweaks.

1625569905704.png

The wiper works, but the motion is weird (always has a pause at the top), the blade flicks position, and the arm/blade should be longer and sweep further to cover more of the windscreen.
Any wiper experts fancy taking this on?

(note: the new driver model with normal arm positions means the shifting 'grab' isn't quite as accurate as before, but it's fine in peripheral vision and is a small price to pay for having the driver hold the wheel like a real human being and not a C3PO impersonator)

Lam
Are these compatible with Sergio Loro's recent updates to his tracks please? I'm talking about Norisring and Watkins
I'm planning to check it this weekend, but theorically yes. Btw you can try by making a copy of the original folder, then, if something working wrong, replace the new with the backup ;)

This is a fairly unique car in AC and is good fun in spec races, so here's few quick personal tweaks to the BTCC 1994 Volvo 850 Estate in case anyone wants them.
v1.2 - new driver (no longer sits like he's got itchy armpits), LODs, sequential gears, new suits/gloves, MoTeC updated, shader tweaks.

View attachment 1065434

The wiper works, but the motion is weird (always has a pause at the top), the blade flicks position, and the arm/blade should be longer and sweep further to cover more of the windscreen.

(note: the new driver model with normal arm positions means the shifting 'grab' isn't quite as accurate as before, but it's fine in peripheral vision and is a small price to pay for having the driver hold the wheel like a real human being and not a C3PO impersonator)
I'll try to watch this tonight
for the wipers that start from the center of the car there are more manipulations to do so that the animation is fluid

Last edited:

View attachment 1065434

If the rumors are true. I'll just wait for the new CSP and do the one-click wiper thingy

for the wipers that start from the center of the car there are more manipulations to do so that the animation is fluid
Yeah, I've noticed this on quite a few cars with central vertical wipers. That recent VISION 1789 hypercar has the same problem.
It really does a good job of breaking immersion.

Anybody here, who plays AC with a 34 inch 21:9 monitor?
Would you recommend it?
I want to upgrade my monitor vom a 27 inch 16:9 to the bigger one.
Yeah its nicer and if performance on your machine suffers you can always downscale to 2560 x 1080. Don´t believe tech reviewers saying thats to low ppi for a 34 monitor; it´s perfectly fine for gaming.

Would you recommend it?
I own Dell AW3418DW for almost 3 years now and it's a great universal monitor. If I would buy a new one, I would go for LG 34GP950 which is using 7th gen UWD panel (my Dell has the 4th gen panel).

Make sure, that you have strong enough GPU before you decide to buy it.

If you will be playing mainly AC, I would also check some 32:9 monitors.

I own Dell AW3418DW for almost 3 years now and it's a great universal monitor. If I would buy a new one, I would go for LG 34GP950 which is using 7th gen UWD panel (my Dell has the 4th gen panel).

Make sure, that you have strong enough GPU before you decide to buy it.

If you will be playing mainly AC, I would also check some 32:9 monitors.
My Graphicscard is a NVidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super.
Is it strong enough?

Would you recommend it?
I'm running a BenQ XR3501 with a GTX 1080 Ti. It has no problems running it at a high frame rate. I love it for first-person-shooters or games that don't support VR. It's great for sim-racing, but I prefer using an Oculus Quest 2 for that.

Some would complain that this is a "low-res" monitor, but for me it produces excellent and fluid game video (144Hz) without requiring a beefy GPU.

I'm running a BenQ XR3501 with a GTX 1080 Ti. It has no problems running it at a high frame rate. I love it for first-person-shooters or games that don't support VR. It's great for sim-racing, but I prefer using an Oculus Quest 2 for that.

Some would complain that this is a "low-res" monitor, but for me it produces excellent and fluid game video (144Hz) without requiring a beefy GPU.

But no gsync?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back