Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,812 comments
Hi,

I wonder what might be causing this:

View attachment 1076085

Like a constant sunny spot around the car - moves along as I drive. Can be other way around too - a cloud following me. Happens with a couple of Velo's cars (DB4 GT and E-Type LM), not depending on the track I choose. I've tried all I know (messing with lod-settings and cameras mostly).

Anybody with a similar issues and/or fix? This totally ruins these car that I would REALLY like to have and be able to enjoy. My CSP version is 0.1.60.
I had similar issue but instead of sunny spot i had huge dark cloud, car had skinned mesh shader and removing that did the trick.

I had similar issue but instead of sunny spot i had huge dark cloud, car had skinned mesh shader and removing that did the trick.
Interesting. Do you remember what exactly did you remove and how, what was the problem shader? You changed some shader in the kn5-file?

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for some help from the 3d gurus.

Recently I started to have some problems with tracks. Yesterday I wanted to add more pits to Zandvoort F1 Layout. So what I did was the following:

I opened the .kn5 file which has the AC Cubes with 3dsimed3, than I exported to .fbx so I could add more cubes with Blender. I opened the track with Blender and everything seemed to be correct, so I added the cubes with the correct names and exported to .fbx so I could open in the AC SDK to save it as .kn5

In the AC SDK some parts of the track were transparent, missing textures and also with wrong textures. Do you know what am I doing wrong?

In my investigation I went back to the begginning and after exporting the .kn5 to .fbx in 3dsimed3, and opening the exported file in 3dsimed to see, there was my problem again. Some textures were transparent and some in pink.

I assume that there's something wrong while exporting in 3dsimed, is that right? Also the pink textures makes me think that maybe there's some kind of encryption?

Any help would be highly aprecciated. I'm making this so I can run a championship with my league. The track only has 24 spots, I need at least 40. Cheers!

Try this: delete dwrite.dll from AC main folder. Reinstall CSP from inside CM.
You really should be getting logs, this sound very odd.

Thanks for the idea. I tried it, but no change.

I also meant to post my latest CSP logs:

2021-03-03T22:04:44:349 [05008] | INFO | Custom Shaders Patch 0.1.74-preview3 is up and running.
2021-03-03T22:04:44:349 [05008] | INFO | Please avoid using this log file for anything or parsing it in any way, it’s not set to be compatible like that. Next update might not print anything here at all.
2021-03-03T22:04:44:354 [05008] | INFO | Time in race.ini: 59829, sun angle=57.91
2021-03-03T22:04:44:360 [05008] | INFO | Extension DXGI Tweaks disabled
2021-03-03T22:04:44:360 [05008] | INFO | Setting AC hooks…
2021-03-03T22:04:44:485 [05008] | INFO | Target: acs
2021-03-03T22:04:45:697 [05008] | DEBUG | In total, 15552 different names and 19606 items were found; 42094 were skipped as useless
2021-03-03T22:04:45:727 [05008] | INFO | Time to find things: 1240.99 ms
2021-03-03T22:04:45:788 [05008] | INFO | All 1386 functions were found successfully
2021-03-03T22:04:45:791 [05008] | INFO | Set watcher for 'F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters'
2021-03-03T22:04:45:805 [05008] | DEBUG | Gary: old-school event listeners set
2021-03-03T22:04:45:805 [05008] | DEBUG | Gary: newer event listeners are set
2021-03-03T22:04:46:008 [05008] | DEBUG | Importing DLL: python33.dll
2021-03-03T22:04:46:008 [05008] | DEBUG | Importing DLL: openvr_api.dll

Hope this might help. This rather sucks.

Thanks again!

I have the same problem and the same log, if you solved it, could you tell me how did you solve the problem?
Who knows how to help me can answer?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Amended some skins and added @Afterlife @Gonzo49ers @iPhan_72 requests

Tampa Bay Buccaneers #01
Kansas City Chiefs #02
Green Bay Packers #04
Indianapolis Colts #08
Tennessee Titans #13
San Francisco 49ers #14
Jacksonville Jaguars #20

Original post here if you don't like the amended colour scheme for TBB, KCC and JJ plus car mod link

If you prefer black wheels remove/rename the file 'EXT_Rim.dds' in the team skin

View attachment 1074844View attachment 1074836View attachment 1074837View attachment 1074858View attachment 1074840View attachment 1074857View attachment 1074838View attachment 1074839

2021/22 NFL team colours for the (Kunos/URD) ks_porsche_911_rsr_2018​

All AFC Cars completed - More NFC to follow over the coming days - Some minor tweaks made (Such as 49ers Helmet test/KCC home and Alt Colour skin- just rename to suit)
View attachment 1075971View attachment 1075972
Single Download on Racedepartment here:

Any errors or amendments please let me know

Original Posts and links here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2756#post-13470509 , https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2751#post-13468936 & https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2750#post-13468517

Hi everyone.

Recently I started to have some problems with tracks. Yesterday I wanted to add more pits to Zandvoort F1 Layout. So what I did was the following:

I opened the .kn5 file which has the AC Cubes with 3dsimed3, than I exported to .fbx so I could add more cubes with Blender. I opened the track with Blender and everything seemed to be correct, so I added the cubes with the correct names and exported to .fbx so I could open in the AC SDK to save it as .kn5

In the AC SDK some parts of the track were transparent, missing textures and also with wrong textures. Do you know what am I doing wrong?

In my investigation I went back to the begginning and after exporting the .kn5 to .fbx in 3dsimed3, and opening the exported file in 3dsimed to see, there was my problem again. Some textures were transparent and some in pink.

I assume that there's something wrong while exporting in 3dsimed, is that right? Also the pink textures makes me think that maybe there's some kind of encryption?

Any help would be highly aprecciated. I'm making this so I can run a championship with my league. The track only has 24 spots, I need at least 40. Cheers!
the texture folder and the fbx project must be in the same folder, and with 3dsimed you must generate the AC.ini file so that the AC sdk recognizes all the textures.

Anyway, to add more pits you can do it with 3dsimed only, clone a pit box and rename it, place it where you want and that's it, you don't need blender to do that task.

Hi guys a little help, are there skins for this car?

Lamborghini Diablo SV-R 1996
previewa.jpg

Many thanks for help

I started quickly fiddling with Jerez '94 to swap out some of the bland terrain textures and one thing led to another... long story short, here's a 'new' track called Circuito de Jerez 2010 assembled from various versions of the track, with GrassFX, RainFX (both bastardised and with surplus stuff no doubt, both could definitely be improved), lots of new textures baked in throughout, new billboards, active airspace, geotags, new previews and other stuff I've forgotten.
It's probably historically inaccurate, I'm not sure when the new pit buildings were added but the '94 track is a better base (IMO) than the newer version. The '2010' year was pretty randomly chosen as an identifier.
Released in a new folder so it doesn't undo the work of others, however anonymous they are.
Needs lighting added to the config if anyone has time to spare.
The 'Timber' skin for some billboard backs needs to be active... for some reason this wouldn't bake in to the track. No idea why.
The billboard mapping is as per the original track, ie slight stretching/squashing in places as art is reused in different locations, but I've tried to minimise the effect.

Screenshot_drks_peugeot_207_rc_circuito_de_jerez_2010_24-8-121-13-11-56.jpg Screenshot_drks_peugeot_207_rc_circuito_de_jerez_2010_24-8-121-13-12-22.jpg Screenshot_drks_peugeot_207_rc_jerez94_24-8-121-12-56-19.jpg

edit: link updated

Last edited:
I started quickly fiddling with Jerez '94 to swap out some of the bland terain textures and one thing led to another... long story short, here's a 'new' track called Circuito de Jerez 2010 assembled from various versions of the track, with GrassFX, RainFX (both bastardised and with surplus stuff no doubt, both could definitely be improved), lots of new textures baked in throughout, new billboards, active airspace, geotags, new previews and other stuff I've forgotten.
It's probably historically inaccurate, I'm not sure when the new pit buildings were added but the '94 track is a better base (IMO) than the newer version. The '2010' year was pretty randomly chosen as an identifier.
Released in a new folder so it doesn't undo the work of others, however anonymous they are.
Needs lighting added to the config if anyone has time to spare.
The 'Timber' skin for some billboard backs needs to be active... for some reason this wouldn't bake in to the track. No idea why.
The billboard mapping is as per the original track, ie slight stretching/squashing in places as art is reused in different locations, but I've tried to minimise the effect.

View attachment 1076143 View attachment 1076144 View attachment 1076147

Thank you for releasing this.

In case you need some resources like the pit buildings, viewbridge, etc to make a current iteration of it let me know I can share those with you.

Thank you for releasing this.

In case you need some resources like the pit buildings, viewbridge, etc to make a current iteration of it let me know I can share those with you.
Thanks, but I was only planning on spending a few minutes on it but got sucked in... :lol:
Feel free to chop it up if you want and add the new TSOs - it'd be good to get it as a proper post-2018 Circuito de Jerez – Ángel Nieto.

good day people! I want to share with you another TXC job! Morón Air Base! It is an almost final version, it has cameras, it has a grid but I feel that it lacks a lot of work, if someone wants to modify it, they have the right to do it but please do not forget to mention the team that made this possible. https://mega.nz/file/0pxhAKBI#O_Hj0IKhH1Kk0OL42gdCislGPEt_KBVR0i-xMUl38PQ
@slider666 Ext_config and fixed all problems
@DaBaeda thanks for tutorial cams @damone13x thanks for your work
@LiquidSkyMan IA, UI and track límits

Update all! New textures! Need a new road mesh!

Hi everyone.

3dsimed
  • pink textures = missing texture (NOT because it is encrypted)
  • invisible textures = set to transparent+alpha with alpha texture
  • wrong texture = bad UV scalling / wrong texture / shared texture disrupted by bad objects / some other excuse

your track has several issues!
One reason "might" be that the track was never processed with ksEditor (made in blender/max/ or edited and saved as .kn5)

Try this:
export .kn5 with CM/kn5conv
open new .fbx in editor if needed
open .fbx and save .kn5 with ksEditor

Honestly if you are just adding grids simply create a new file in 3dsimed, add your grids, save as example_new_grid.kn5
add to models.ini (there is no need to edit a .kn5 just to add objects/grids/pits)

Last edited:
Can you recall what shader caused the issue and what changes you made? Sorry to bother but this thing is driving me mad and I'm after any possible solution. :D
It was ksSkinnedMesh, i changed it to ksperpixel and no problem, glad to help if i can.
That's Velos version of the car?,i'll take a look if i get same problem too.

It was ksSkinnedMesh, i changed it to ksperpixel and no problem, glad to help if i can.
Quick check and both running fine without any abnormalies,might be csp issue,try without it . I have 1.74.

Quick check and both running fine without any abnormalies,might be csp issue,try without it . I have 1.74.
Well they both seem to be working fine now... Though I changed absolutely nothing with CSP. I deleted the cars earlier today and downloaded them again, maybe Velo did a super ninja stealth update to them? :D

Thanks for your help anyway.

Two more legendary teams, "Ford Motor Co." from 1964 and "Matra Sports SARL/Shell", as usual, errors in the conversion, but the cars "go" well on the track...kkkk

Attachments

• LM64_10.png
    LM64_10.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 16
  • LM64_11.png
    LM64_11.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 18
  • LM64_12.png
    LM64_12.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 49
  • TeamFord1964.png
    TeamFord1964.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 57
  • EquipeMatraLM72.1.png
    EquipeMatraLM72.1.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 63
  • EquipeMatraLM72.2.png
    EquipeMatraLM72.2.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 52
  • EquipeMatraLM72.3.png
    EquipeMatraLM72.3.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 42
  • LM72_12.png
    LM72_12.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 34
  • LM72_14.png
    LM72_14.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 19
  • LM72_15.png
    LM72_15.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 19
  • LM72_16.png
    LM72_16.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 17
Highlands motorsport park ( not the KS highlands )
located in the south island of New Zealand , Cromwell
24 grid slots
grassFX
no rain , if anyone wants to have a go at rainFX i'll included in the download

https://mega.nz/file/SI1S2J5a#TAjGbAuMVn2CHsVJIvH2YpV6G1S0mgiRoCJtQWPtKpI

Neil, apologies, I couldn't have tested this track back in May and just came across it during a purge. I really like it!
Has there been any progress since May, and are there any plans to add the remaining three layouts (as per Terra21's 2016 version on RD)? The tarmac is there and driveable, they just (!) need coning off and separating.
I'm getting some weird shading on the trees and bushes in certain light... could the normals need pointing up (just a guess... IDK)?
Thanks for this track - was it scratch-built?
What other tracks are yours?

the texture folder and the fbx project must be in the same folder, and with 3dsimed you must generate the AC.ini file so that the AC sdk recognizes all the textures.

Anyway, to add more pits you can do it with 3dsimed only, clone a pit box and rename it, place it where you want and that's it, you don't need blender to do that task.
They are in the same folder and there is the .ini file. I don't know why that is happening. Maybe because of impot/export settings?

I avoid using 3dsimed for editing because it takes so long. In blender I could add the AC Cubes much faster. But I want to find out what is happening because what if I'm making something else and I can't rely on 3dsimed for editing? :/

3dsimed
  • pink textures = missing texture (NOT because it is encrypted)
  • invisible textures = set to transparent+alpha with alpha texture
  • wrong texture = bad UV scalling / wrong texture / shared texture disrupted by bad objects / some other excuse

your track has several issues!
One reason "might" be that the track was never processed with ksEditor (made in blender/max/ or edited and saved as .kn5)

Try this:
export .kn5 with CM/kn5conv
open new .fbx in editor if needed
open .fbx and save .kn5 with ksEditor

Honestly if you are just adding grids simply create a new file in 3dsimed, add your grids, save as example_new_grid.kn5
add to models.ini (there is no need to edit a .kn5 just to add objects/grids/pits)
I tried using kn5conv but the track couldn't even be loaded to Blender. The error says: "ASCII FBX files are not supported" (I guess that's for 3dsMax?)

Right now I'm editing the cubes with 3dsimed and I'll give some feedback later. It is quite difficult to use.

Like I said, I wanted to find the issue so I can learn and have no problems like this in the future.

Here's the track if you guys wan't to take a look:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back