Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,782 comments
sorry but what car can I use that is configured for snow for DIRT Rally sweeden conversion V1?

DIRT Rally sweeden conversion V1:

Anything with enough suspension travel for the small jumps and snow banks should work. Maybe not tarmac rally cars. I've had success with the usual gravel cars. Having said that, I'm back at work and only drove it with a few cars before flying out. Let me know how the grip levels feel with various tyres, I have never seen snow or driven on studs so it was a complete shot in the dark for v1.

I just tied Guerilla Mods' AMG GT4 and noticed it ain't data-encrypted anymore. That's sweet! I don't mind encrypted 3D-models but I often like to do my own little data-tweaks. So if any member of the Guerilla teams sees this post, I want to thank you (even if you just forgot to encrypt the data this one time by mistake). :)

And on another subject, anyone else been holding their breat waiting for the release of Bazzas GTC pack since the teaser video by Simracing604? It's starting to get challenging already.

CSP lights-patch-v0.1.76-preview63-full is out in patreon after 13 test versions with ilja :)
And it broke several things. There is no smoke/spray in replays. Rear view displays look like fog has rolled in. Several of the gt3 vehicles now have a notchy force feedback. A couple of cars also have new bugs. Hopefully it wont be 2 months this time for the next release.

Last edited:
OK, did some quick testing and it's working. :)

• Create an ext_config.ini which should be used with the skin
  • Put this file into the folder of the skin
  • Now rename ext_config.ini within the folder of the skin to ext_config.ini.dds
  • open the ext_config.ini within the folder extension of the track or create it and insert
Code:
[INCLUDE: ../skins/default/ext_config.ini.dds]
- activate the skin and everything within ext_config.ini.dds will be used too

Whenever the skin gets activated the ext_config.ini.dds will be copied to default and adressed by "extension/ext_config.ini". If the skin isnt activated it cant be found and will be ignored.

It's a harsh but functional workaround.

And now let's talk about bad and incorrect advice again. Just kidding, dudes.
Had long hours of work yesterday and wasn't able to respond to the war over how true information is. :lol:

Anyways to sum it up, the skin is the represent the 80s Camel GT era of Watkins Glen and the S/F line had no graphic (just a simple white line) so my goal was to use a picture of the asphalt a few dozen feet before it and work with the alpha channel and color of the picture to line it up (but to no avail.)

This seems like a viable solution, however I want to see if this is an even better solution. Can I make the s/f line texture transparent? Using free cam, you can see the s/f line texture is above the road so this is why I'm offering this alternative solution.

And it broke several things. There is no smoke/spray in replays. Rear view displays look like fog has rolled in. Several of the gt3 vehicles now have a notchy force feedback. A couple of cars also have new bugs. Hopefully it wont be 2 months this time for the next release.
Smoke works fine for me, and looks a lot better than before. I haven't tested rain yet, or any cars with rear view displays.

Why is the gauge cluster screen black now? The signature was removed, but the gauge cluster is full black now (aside from some numbers).

93e8cb3ccd04ea9a521cf8c5d5a0dd5e.png

I made this little misc just for fun. I was bored about the stock lollipop and pit indicator textures , so I made them new. Just copy the .kn5 files in assetto corsa > content > objects3D (remember to backup the original ones) 😁

Attachments

• 20210912015344_1.jpg
    20210912015344_1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 20210912015455_1.jpg
    20210912015455_1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210912015505_1.jpg
    20210912015505_1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 70
  • objects3D.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 352
I made this little misc just for fun. I was bored about the stock lollipop and pit indicator textures , so I made them new. Just copy the .kn5 files in assetto corsa > content > objects3D (remember to backup the original ones) 😁
Nice one! Has anyone ever re-made the lollipop man? The standard guy is sadly glaringly below par relative to the rest of the visuals, and seeing his shimmering face fairly frequently is a little off putting :D

Why is the gauge cluster screen black now? The signature was removed, but the gauge cluster is full black now (aside from some numbers).

93e8cb3ccd04ea9a521cf8c5d5a0dd5e.png
It probably had ks_emissive (something like 2,2,2) and now it's missing, you can re-enable it in CM (car/texture editor), you click on gauge mesh and there you have shader values...

btw, latest csp preview....Houston, we have a minor problem :D
1.jpg

Last edited:
OK, did some quick testing and it's working. :)

• Create an ext_config.ini which should be used with the skin
  • Put this file into the folder of the skin
  • Now rename ext_config.ini within the folder of the skin to ext_config.ini.dds
  • open the ext_config.ini within the folder extension of the track or create it and insert
Code:
- activate the skin and everything within ext_config.ini.dds will be used too

Whenever the skin gets activated the ext_config.ini.dds will be copied to default and adressed by "extension/ext_config.ini". If the skin isnt activated it cant be found and will be ignored.

It's a harsh but functional workaround.

And now let's talk about bad and incorrect advice again. Just kidding, dudes.
Thank you so much for this, I had been trying to figure out a way to do something like this for Laguna Seca since a lot of the banners and ads are empty on normal track days that are up for races (and as such in AC), and this works beautifully! Now I don't have to go into the main ext_config.ini every time I want to add/remove billboards. And in case anyone does track days at Laguna Seca and wants to try it just extract this folder into the "cm_skins" folder in ks_laguna_seca. Of course remember to add
Code:
to the ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Thank you Pfalzdriver!

Attachments

• Track Day 2021.zip
    505.9 KB · Views: 31
I just got the email about the new patch, what is the best practice to install it?
Just slide the "lights-patch-v0.1.76-preview63-full" folder in CM?
I always choose the "clear/reset configs" (or whatever it is called) option when installing new CSP versions via CM. Don't know if this could have prevented the problems @chas1723 described.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back