Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,824 comments
Maybe I should have added that people's locations influence how they see things to my list above regarding why no two versions of AC are alike.
For me, living in England, I don't understand why more tracks don't have kebab wrappers and drunk people laying all over the place.
Now THERE'S an idea for some skins going forward 🤔

Maybe I should have added that people's locations influence how they see things to my list above regarding why no two versions of AC are alike.
For me, living in England, I don't understand why more tracks don't have kebab wrappers and drunk people laying all over the place.
Now THERE'S an idea for some skins going forward 🤔
Waits patiently for Gillingham town centre track to be made 😉

Don't know what you did, but with Gary is planned to check also that autumn thing, due to the fact the original one is way to off in terms of color (not realistic at all) and the seasonal adj seems to crash the CM (never understood what cause it on some tracks).
Anyway let's see what gary wants to do, because as far as i know he know nothing about CSP so he accepted my interest in help (so maybe i will put together my work, yours and DaBaeda one for a final version if it's ok for you)
yes, please take it for further updates.

i have seen some pop-ups of bushes in the distant hills while driving, you guys can check that also please

@ZombieBoy1978 @racinjoe013 since Imola GP 2022 is not too far away, maybe you have an updated ext_config for Imola in place, which fixes the ugly (too bright) trees and vegetation there? That would be awesome. :cheers:
Just had a quick look at Imola. Trees seems dark to me. Actually too dark. Just curious, what is the date stamp on you Imola.ini file in the tracks\loaded folder. Mine is 9/21/21. If you have the same date, check and make sure any ext_config you have in the track's extension folder is not based on an older version where the trees were too bright. Maybe rename the extension folder temporarily and then see if the trees are darker.

EDIT2: Just checked out the @Pyyer F1 2021 mod. I imagine you are using it and that's why the trees are still bright. He setup his configs to ignore other ones except the ones he included which means it's not reading the original Imola.ini from the tracks\loaded folder. Because of that, it makes the trees overly bright. The newest Imola.ini file had fixed the bright tree problem. Going to have to figure out a way to get the adjustments from the version in the tracks\loaded folder into his stuff so that the trees are dark like they are when you don't use his mod. I'd much rather use his mod because the other stuff he did is awesome.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi,

Would you mind uploading or telling me where you got that version of Interlagos?ThanH

Hi,

Would you mind uploading or telling me where you got that version of Interlagos?Thanks
Hi bro i got it from Assetto Corsa Club and i was also using the a skin from the 90's where all the bill boards get replaced

For those using @Pyyer F1 2021 mod for Imola (and you should be), drop these two files in the 'content\tracks\imola\imola_f1_2021\extension' folder, not the extension folder in the main track directory. This should darken up the trees and grass to look like they do if you are not using his mod. I just took the season stuff from the CSP version of the Imola.ini file and made a config to go along with @Pyyer's mod. Make sure to backup that folder first because this wasn't tested properly. I just made sure the trees got darker, but I don't see how this would mess with anything else he did.

I'll probably do a little work on this tonight because they have the season changes way off the mark. Fall comes way too early and I think the trees could be a little brighter. Also think I will make an option to eliminate the 3D trees as well. Man those things are ugly. BTW, I already eliminated them on Monza as well if anyone is interested. Never did make that available at RD like I did for Nords and BH.

Let me know if this causes issues with the mod so I can try and figure out why.

Attachments

• ext_config-pyyer-imola-2021.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Well I would be interested to have a mod that looks like Paulo’s screenshot. I had a second-hand Corvair in the early 70s - truly one of the worst cars ever made.
You can find the same car (and the just the 'not-April Fool's Day') version at Racedepartment Tim.

EDIT: Ninja'd... again.

Last edited:
Updated the file I posted above for Imola w/F1 2021 mod. I forgot to include the folder structure so you will have to manually extract them to the 'content\tracks\imola\imola_f1_2021\extension' folder.

This one includes the removal of the 3D trees, small grassfx tweaks and the seasonal adjustments from the CSP version. The 3D tree removal is set active. The seasonal changes are not because I don't like how they are set up. I am going to make them more to my liking eventually but didn't want to hold up getting this to people who wanted the darker trees. If you want to use them, just open the ext_config file and set [INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-imola-2021-seasons.ini] to ACTIVE = 1. If you want the 3D trees back, set [INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-imola-2021-3d-tree-removal.ini] to ACTIVE = 0.

For people who don't use the F1 2021 mod, you should already see the darker trees. When I get the seasons stuff done, I will have a normal ext_config available for non F1 2021 mod users.

As always, let me know any issues or suggested adjustments...

Attachments

• ext_config-pyyer-imola-2021.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Just a quick thought.

Reading the comments I noticed a bigger interest in graphic adjustments like trees more/less/littlemore/littleless/almost greener or the lights that are driven everyone Crazy.

I always thought that AC is a physics simulator, not a graphic one.
Maybe you all are concentrating in the wrong thing.
How good will it be if every car has an accurate physics almost as the real one. Why we don't have people that do this just for work/patreon/Caritas/whatever?
I see too many lods mesh lights and so many stuff that a racer doesn't have to be so caring. I still consider the p13c by aer simulations the best vehicle we have in ac, no doubt. The way the tires feel while getting in temperature and the behaviour of the bump is something else.

Look how a car has to behave on a track

Just a quick thought, everyone welcome to discuss.

Have a nice day

Last edited:
Just a quick thought.

Reading the comments I noticed a bigger interest in graphic adjustments like trees more/less/littlemore/littleless/almost greener or the lights that are driven everyone Crazy.

How good will it be if every car has an accurate physics almost as the real one. Why we don't have people that do this just for work/patreon/Caritas/whatever?
I see too many lods mesh lights and so many stuff that a racer doesn't have to be so caring. I still consider the p13c by aer simulations the best vehicle we have in ac, no doubt. The way the tires feel while getting in temperature and the behaviour of the bump is something else.

Have a nice day

Whynotboth.gif

Sorry for the smarty-pants gif. Your point is a good one.

I've messed around with car physics a bit but it requires a good deal of knowledge (that i don't have) to accurately recreate the characteristics of a real car. That's difficult to do, especially if you've never driven that particular car. Its easy to make something that's fun to drive but how much confidence can you ever have in what you create? I can only speak for myself, but I'd be reluctant to share out of fear of being slammed by the guy who spent years driving the real thing, or by the guy who spent months 'perfecting' his view of how the car should be when he (or she I suppose) created the mod.

Last edited:
Just a quick thought.

Have a nice day

Very easy answer :
  • I got my driving license in december, a few months ago (yes, I'm over my thirties, don't judge), and drove litterally just 2 different cars in my life for now.
  • I'm a photographer.

That means, if a car does not behave like it should, well who am I to say what's different than the real one? I just want to dream a bit, and have fun. On the other hand, if the lighting is slightly off on a kurb or a tree line, brrrr gosh my immersion ! That's a trigger for my eyes !

It all depend on the point of view :cheers:

View attachment 1140147

Sorry for the smarty-pants gif. Your point is a good one.

I've messed around with car physics a bit but it requires a good deal of knowledge (that i don't have) to accurately recreate the characteristics of a real car. That's difficult to do, especially if you've never driven that particular car. Its easy to make something that's fun to drive but how much confidence can you ever have in what you create? I can only speak for myself, but I'd be reluctant to share out of fear of being slammed by the guy who spent years driving the real thing, or by the guy who spent months 'perfecting' his view of how the car should be when he (or she I suppose) created the mod.
For me it is mandatory to at least go once a year in a track. The cars as karts doesn't loose grip easily as many mods do but most of the time the mods are grippier at faster speed than the RL so it's a big mess sometimes.

Unluckily I don't have much knowledge about AC physics' twitching but I have a good base thanks to my 14+ years of driving on street with many cars (I did car checks for job so I drove many things including nice exotic cars from the 70s and 80s, also a testarossa) and karts and cup cars on various tracks + going to see races that helps) so if EVERY MODDER want to send me their creations for see if it behaves correctly I will be happy to help! The more effort we put together with our different knowledge on a project the better it gets, for everyone. I want AC to be difficult to drive, because it is!!!

.../... Unluckily I don't have much knowledge about AC physics' twitching but I have a good base thanks to my 14+ years of driving on street with many cars (I did car checks for job so I drove many things including nice exotic cars from the 70s and 80s, also a testarossa) and karts and cup cars on various tracks + going to see races that helps) so if EVERY MODDER want to send me their creations for see if it behaves correctly I will be happy to help! The more effort we put together with our different knowledge on a project the better it gets, for everyone. I want AC to be difficult to drive, because it is!!!
Most amusing post in weeks, if not months lmao... :lol::dunce:

Last edited:
For me it is mandatory to at least go once a year in a track. The cars as karts doesn't loose grip easily as many mods do but most of the time the mods are grippier at faster speed than the RL so it's a big mess sometimes.

Unluckily I don't have much knowledge about AC physics' twitching but I have a good base thanks to my 14+ years of driving on street with many cars (I did car checks for job so I drove many things including nice exotic cars from the 70s and 80s, also a testarossa) and karts and cup cars on various tracks + going to see races that helps) so if EVERY MODDER want to send me their creations for see if it behaves correctly I will be happy to help! The more effort we put together with our different knowledge on a project the better it gets, for everyone. I want AC to be difficult to drive, because it is!!!
Just a quick thought.

Have a nice day

Hey Berganzio just adding some of my thoughts on your post, I don't personally believe cars are necessarily hard to drive, because sims don't necessarily have to be difficult look at iracing for example (and is unforgiving physics/tire model), like tires themselves are very very grippy specially on hot conditions, though on AC you can focus on graphics and physics at the same time, plus let's not forget AC dosen't get updates anymore we rely on CSP and Sol which have completely transformed this sim so personally I don't mind in any way tweaks on some graphical aspects or track skins updates as they are always welcome on my track collection.
That's all thank you for coming on my TED talk 😁, hope that what I wrote made some sense and I hope it didn't sound too patronising or "know it all" kind of thing, just here to share my thoughts on some thing I have a passion on :)

How can you fit in a testarossa with those ankles ?

Just a quick thought.

Have a nice day

I have never driven a real race car in my life so I couldn't tell you whether any of these cars have accurate physics. I have however seen many sunsets, fall colors, trees, grass, etc. so I do know when they are wrong. So that's what I can concentrate on and let others who know physics stuff handle making those kind of adjustments.

Just a quick thought.

Please take a look at the content on RaceDepartment. You can also post a message on that forum about too many graphics adjustments on RD. (Full transparency: don’t post a message on RD. I’m setting you up to fail.)

Maybe there are more graphics adjustments because it is easier to learn and do than physics. Or maybe you are seeing a random increase in this activity. There was a time when AC Modding, jandrovi, and others were sharing physics updates.

Please take a look at the content on RaceDepartment. You can also post a message on that forum about too many graphics adjustments on RD. (Full transparency: don’t post a message on RD. I’m setting you up to fail.)

Maybe there are more graphics adjustments because it is easier to learn and do than physics. Or maybe you are seeing a random increase in this activity. There was a time when AC Modding, jandrovi, and others were sharing physics updates.

We've seen an increase in good tracks recently too, meaning that more skins, cams etc will be made.
It's also worth keeping in mind that if someone provides a physics update here, it is usually followed by three pages of drama!

Vitus Park v1.2
Download(mediafire)

Conversion from GTR2.
Fictional circuit in Switzerland.

Screenshot_bmw_m3_gt2_vitus_parc_2009_20-3-122-20-41-17.jpg

-CSP recommended
-48(32) pit/start
-4 layout
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
GTR2 Original Track by Fredhot and Thierrydu81
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for their work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @KevinK2
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Edited textures, logo_switzerland.dds, helis/planes/blimp by @Masscot
Textures, Lighting, CSP rework by @Mike08
Cam, ext_config by @CrisT86
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Masscot , @RMi_wood , @KevinK2, @Mike08
Video clip by @Mike08

Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;
-sand edge is now smooth.(One part could not be smoothed properly and was left as is.)
-Marshalls have been placed.
-The cones are now in place. (national layout)
-trees and bushes has been placed.
-Updated VAO.
-Smoothed background mesh.
-Updated Peugeot logo.
-Renamed UI from Vitus Parc 2009 to Vitus Park.
-Some mapping fixes

Mike08 update
  • new textures & addtional NMtextures
  • shaders tweaks
  • CSP custom grassfx
  • CSP lighting tweaks
  • Added loading screenshots
v1.11 changelog;
-New ext_config and Cam by CrisT86.

v1.2 changelog;
-Smoothed corner edges. (Suggestion by Papifix. Thanks.)
-Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
-Treewall was removed and replaced with kunos trees. (Suggestion by Mascot. Thanks.)
-Updated ext_config.ini.
-Fixed curved bridge.
-Fixed floating objects.
-Added flagmen by Mascot. (Thanks)
-Added Alternative Billboards & Textures skin by Mascot. (Thanks)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back