Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,785 comments
Assetoland news?

1650795536974.png

There are the new variant G and a variant F around.
The only problem is that the Official ETRC package is updated via SymSync Pro, I don't even know what it is and yeah, probably I don't wanna know. :rolleyes:

(see page 2 of this thing)

If any kind soul could bring this two babies out in the world that would be really gud.
Ah alright.

This is what I got from MAN.
1650795653369.png

The livery and front end designs are not the same on this one
1650795744941.png
as you can see.

1650795789415.png

1650795835475.png

1650795862371.png

1650795902941.png

Odd. :lol:

Weight in car.ini is 1.440 kg. This weight must include 75 kg driver. Here you have a real test where kerb weight of the Senna is 1.375 kg (3030 lb):

Add driver, adjust fuel...do the maths and the number is that (30 kg up or down, depending on the unit, as any other car). There are many tests out there to check. But if you want to take official figures of a dry car with no fluids and no driver, that's your choice, but that's not how AC works...😉

Here you have the original performance worksheet from Road & Track test (3030 lb without driver):

Inertias are fine calculated. Read and study about "polar moment of inertia and mass distribution" and then, maybe, we can debate.

In any case, note that they are calculated according to the criteria and guidelines of mclarenf1pappa. Who does not know who he is, is the person in charge of developing all the improvements and extended physics of the CSP. In other words, an engineer who works side by side on simulation issues with GTs and LMPs competition teams,... and works for Ier Simulations, have tons of real and private test data, etc...

This guy knows something about Assetto Corsa physics engine, so...😉

*(He's the guy that made the Ier p13c)

To the ffb problematic guy: read the documents into the car .7z or learn how to setup your wheel. The car has no ffb problem if you set up things as they should...😉
No worries jandrovi! your physics is a massive help in AC considering all the crappy mods that comes out daily and the very few we (for who understand something about weight distribution) enjoy to drive.
I tried the f355 challenge and the xjr9, they're amazing and the slip coefficient for the tires is just right

shi
Mettet v1.01
Download(mediafire)

Conversion from GTR2.
The Circuit Jules Tacheny Mettet is a 1.43mile (2.3 km) motor racing circuit in Mettet, Wallonia (Belgium), 20 km southeast of Charleroi. (Wikipedia)

View attachment 1127877
-24 pit/start
-CSP required
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
GTR2 Original Track by Sissou
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @Viola Seven
.lua and font by @gunnar333
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
texture edit by @Masscot
some textures by kunos
preview by @macko68
Test, Feedback by @macko68 , @Breathe

Enjoy.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
Fixed floating curb.

shi
Jarama v1.01

The Circuito del Jarama (Circuit of Jarama) is a motorsport racetrack located in San Sebastián de los Reyes, north of Madrid.(wikipedia)
conversion from GTR2.
View attachment 1138475
-43 pit/start
-CSP required
-2009/2022 layout
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original 3D model made by AMRHarry.
Original rFactor track made by Chacal.
Everything except the basic track mesh redone by @Zwiss and Thank you for gave me permission.
Many new objects, textures and mapping by @Zwiss .
Some objects and textures made by Simbin.

logo.png, sections.ini by @Fanapryde
AI sidelines @KevinK2
preview, kerb texture, AI, loadingscreen, Contact the author of dunlop bridge by @macko68
texture edit by @Masscot
extra ext_config by @slider666
dunlop bridge by El primo de Stig and Thank you for gave me use permission
marshall, some textures by kunos
marshall, ambulances placement by @CosmiC10R
Test, Feedback by @Masscot , @Breathe , @KevinK2 , @CosmiC10R
camtool(2009 layout) by @Viola Seven

Here is the youtube and patreon of the author of dunlop bridge

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Fixed flickering of pit buildings on 2022 layout. Thanks for the report by @Masscot .
-Included skins by @Mike08 .
-Tweaked ext_config by @Mike08 .

shi
Racalmuto v1.02
Download(mediafire) update2

View attachment 1140663
Conversion from rFactor.
The Autodromo Valle dei Templi at Racalmuto is a permanent circuit in Sicily, Italy. (racingcircuits.info)

-30 pit/start
-CSP required
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor track by Massimo Grassa
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for his work.

AI by @KevinK2
grass textures by @pugsang
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
New cam, ext_config, VAO-patch by @CrisT86
some textures, objects by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @macko68

Enjoy.
Converted at the request of my Patreon member @macko68 .

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Added new cams, ext_config, VAO-patch by @CrisT86 .

v1.02 changelog;
-Adjusted ext_config.

Updated Mettet, Jarama and Racalmuto.
The updates are written in the quotes.
Mettet has also created a new video.

Last edited:

A lap around the new 2022 Spa-Francorchamps. The Porsche LMDh CSP skin for the URD GR010 I found this morning on RD, but apparently has been taken down. If I see it back up I will provide link in the video description of the video.

Hi. Just downloaded but opens as separate files. Can you tell me what to do with these please. Many thanks.

Ah alright.

This is what I got from MAN.
View attachment 1141739

The livery and front end designs are not the same on this one View attachment 1141740 as you can see.

View attachment 1141744
View attachment 1141745
View attachment 1141746
View attachment 1141747

Odd. :lol:
The yellow/white "11" skin is in fact for the Iveco S-Way.
I've made a custom preview preset for the ETRCs and that saved me few headaches.
Also because, as an example, that Duron skin is much better than the supplied preview. :)

Last edited:
i trashed the camtool app because you have to click several buttons to watch a camtool replay.

Is there a way to automatically start this after the race like a default replay?
with the latest update the last one you used is automatically loaded and if there are more you can activate it with F10.

Cams for Circuit Jules Tacheny Mettet from Shi
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7tmpa3qzku8uiv3/circuit_jules_tacheny_mettet_v1.01.7z/file
Doesn´t overwrite existing cam
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Great cam updates, as usual!

Have you looked at Magnificent Park by Shi? I searched for any additional cam files, but didn't find any.

I want to fix some issues with the URD PX cars. First the external mirrors in the Revolution V6 and the Loire seem to magnify everything and are unusable. Second the internal mirror in the Revolution V6 flickers in VR, guess the z-axis needs to be moved a couple pixel, it works fine in the parent Revolution. I can't find which file defines the position of the mirrors etc.
At lastly the side windows in the PX auro are all messed up, how can I fix that?
Or does anyone have fixes for these issues and would be so kind to provide them to me.
Thanks.

I want to fix some issues with the URD PX cars. First the external mirrors in the Revolution V6 and the Loire seem to magnify everything and are unusable. Second the internal mirror in the Revolution V6 flickers in VR, guess the z-axis needs to be moved a couple pixel, it works fine in the parent Revolution. I can't find which file defines the position of the mirrors etc.
At lastly the side windows in the PX auro are all messed up, how can I fix that?
Or does anyone have fixes for these issues and would be so kind to provide them to me.
Thanks.
BLM Car or the CarMirrorsConfigurator Lua app from x4fab's last patreon post should help with the aspect ratio/FOV.

The PX1 Aura side windows can be fixed by pasting the following into the ext_config.ini:
INI:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = Object005_SUB2, Object005_SUB0, Aura_PX1_CPIT_HR_DP_SUB2, Aura_PX1_CPIT_HR_DP_SUB0
IS_ACTIVE = 1
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

Last edited:
BLM Car or the CarMirrorsConfigurator Lua app from x4fab's last patreon post should help with the aspect ratio/FOV.

The PX1 Aura side windows can be fixed by pasting the following into the ext_config.ini:
INI:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = Object005_SUB2, Object005_SUB0, Aura_PX1_CPIT_HR_DP_SUB2, Aura_PX1_CPIT_HR_DP_SUB0
IS_ACTIVE = 1
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1
Vielen Dank, that fixed the Aura. Let's see if I can fix these mirrors

I'm having a race on Pinwheel Track against some AI using the old Toyota FT1 Vision GT Gr.3 and they stop mid-race running out of fuel...
How can I fix this?

Edit: I've doubled the "FUEL=" value in car.ini. Hope it works.

Last edited:
Was able to fix te mirrors on the loire, kinda. But the mirror in the Revolution needs to be moved by a couple pixels. Where can I find the file to do that?

Can i add a [SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...] for a missing normal map to add [REFRACTING_HEADLIGHT_...] and only 1 dds exists?
way to do add normal-maps when the original material in the .kn5 is not set ksPerPixelNM / ksPerPixelAT_NM

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = the_material ; or MESHES = the_mesh
SHADER = ksPerPixelNM ; or ksPerPixelAT_NM
RESOURCE_... = txNormal
RESOURCE_FILE_... = the_new_normal.dds
; put in extension folder or skin

Last edited:
I've spent this morning going through my cars and deleting any 'unnecessary' skins. I typically run a grid of 24, so if a car has more than 24 skins, it would mean that I'd never see those extra skins on track. I also noticed that some of my road cars had a huge amount of skins (over 50 in one instance).
In the end, from just over 500 cars, I deleted over 10gb of skins (and those had been compressed, so it would probably be an even higher amount if they hadn't been).
Thats a good suggestion, also in my case counting for non historical eg fantasy skins.

BTW, I’m right now busy in deleting all the, not finished, containing faults, sterile/boring, bad made and not for VR suited tracks. What a crap I have collected over the time. Its all a bit labor intensive as first doing a test drive & site seeing rounds (in VR) and if I’m get blinded by the shimmer or hurt myself on the sharp edges from an huge amount of used 2D objects, pure as a sample, its going directly to the garbage bin. If its Payware or free I do not care.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back