Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,979 comments
I will fix all those little bits. Be exact on all the changes you need please.

UPDATE: Guess I should have looked to see that it's encrypted. Stupid as we now sit with something that is half correct.
That sucks, I had only assumed it wasn't due to custom previews working :confused:

Drift Workshop Official car pack: (link found on https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/135511913383784991/)
View attachment 1151538

Wipers for the nissan_skyline_gtr_hakosuka: https://www.mediafire.com/file/tki12f5msf52931/nissan_skyline_gtr_hakosuka.ini/file

Adding a roll cage to the encrypted mod can be achieved via MODEL_REPLACEMENT, see attached ext_config with rollcage.kn5:
View attachment 1151542View attachment 1151543
Sorry to ask but where do I put the files for the rollcage? Not sure if there is something wrong my side, but I put both ini file and model included into the cars extension folder but that didn't work. I then copied the text from the ini file and pasted into the cars original ini file which didn't work. So I then put the rollcage.kn5 file to the root of car folder alongside the other .kn5 files but this didn't work either.

Be grateful for any advice, Wipers work great and thanks for figuring out a workaround too add more to the car.

Sorry to ask but where do I put the files for the rollcage? Not sure if there is something wrong my side, but I put both ini file and model included into the cars extension folder but that didn't work. I then copied the text from the ini file and pasted into the cars original ini file which didn't work. So I then put the rollcage.kn5 file to the root of car folder alongside the other .kn5 files but this didn't work either.

Be grateful for any advice, Wipers work great and thanks for figuring out a workaround too add more to the car.
Hm, that's strange... let me try this again myself with a vanilla installation of the car and my download.

Just tried it again, works fine for me with the nissan_skyline_gtr_hakosuka... Both files go in the extension folder and I then just add
[INCLUDE: ext_config.rollcage.ini]
to the main ext_config.ini. I have no clue why this (or copying the code directly into the ext_config.ini) doesn't work for you. You clearly are using a compatible CSP version since the wipers wouldn't work otherwise - apart from that the MODEL_REPLACEMENT documentation dates back to 2020 so it has been around for a while.

Last edited:

Just to be clear: the wiper and rollcage inis El Locho kindly provided are for the "nissan_skyline_gtr_hakosuka", at least as far as I understood it. It worked for me anway.
The "nissan_skyline_gtr_hakosuka" has an extension folder already with an config.ini. copy paste the wiper configuration into it as well as the attachement from El Locho's post. Put the kn file of the roll cage into the extension folder.
As I said - it worked for me, hope this helps you as well

Last edited:
Not sure if the one I've seen is the Euroracer's one, but I did see one pop up to download on the dark side of the moon during the week. Not too bad actually, not sure if its based off a previous creation, or scratch made (or of its actual origin tbh).
In case it's the version I'm thinking about it's laserscanned ... so yeah, pretty good ^^

skyline.jpg

Rollcage and wipers - but to be clear: only ingame, rollcage won't be visible in the showroom.

Hm, that's strange... let me try this again myself with a vanilla installation of the car and my download.

Just tried it again, works fine for me with the nissan_skyline_gtr_hakosuka... Both files go in the extension folder and I then just add
[INCLUDE: ext_config.rollcage.ini]
to the main ext_config.ini. I have no clue why this (or copying the code directly into the ext_config.ini) doesn't work for you. You clearly are using a compatible CSP version since the wipers wouldn't work otherwise - apart from that the MODEL_REPLACEMENT documentation dates back to 2020 so it has been around for a while.
Thanks for advice, I was missing the line "[INCLUDE: ext_config.rollcage.ini]" pasted into the original ini has fixed the issue 😁👍

Sheesh, if I'd know my gripe-posting yesterday would've resulted in a collective effort to bring a historic-spec Hakosuka into existence (or at least closer to it), I would've been a lot less snarky. Y'all are fantastic.

And now I'm thinking of another possible project I could start or at least contribute to somewhere down the road: taking this race-tuned Beetle and giving it skins and specs and maybe even the necessary bodykit/aero add-ons to match the Autohaus Kaufmann-tuned 1302S that ran the 6 Hours of Nurburgring a few times in the early '70s. It's not the most well-known race car, but ever since I learned about it I immediately wanted to know what it would be like to throw an unusually quick Bug through the Green Hell. Sadly it seems like a really hard car to get any detailed info on if you don't know German, but someone already made a version of it for GT Legends (you might need an account to view this) so the specs are probably attainable one way or another.

hi guys,

i want to be able to add digital_instruments.ini myself for models that do not have yet a digital_instruments.ini

Can anyone explain me where i can find the name of PARENT in digital_instruments.ini ?
When i look at it from CM Showroom for a model that has a working digital instruments, I see the name is not the one used as PARENT in the ini file...

an example:

1652983759255.png

But I'll keep doing what I can :) I slapped these 3 skins together from existing skins, for the Mac 10 car... or the ACTK car, or the Mac10 car with the ACTK data (to get the wipers)... I forget which :) If you want the license plates, delete the ext_config.ini in the skins folder.

EDIT: (pared skins down to just the 3)

View attachment 1151457
your skins seem to fit well with the ACTK version:

1652984141974.png

Sheesh, if I'd know my gripe-posting yesterday would've resulted in a collective effort to bring a historic-spec Hakosuka into existence (or at least closer to it), I would've been a lot less snarky. Y'all are fantastic.

And now I'm thinking of another possible project I could start or at least contribute to somewhere down the road: taking this race-tuned Beetle and giving it skins and specs and maybe even the necessary bodykit/aero add-ons to match the Autohaus Kaufmann-tuned 1302S that ran the 6 Hours of Nurburgring a few times in the early '70s. It's not the most well-known race car, but ever since I learned about it I immediately wanted to know what it would be like to throw an unusually quick Bug through the Green Hell. Sadly it seems like a really hard car to get any detailed info on if you don't know German, but someone already made a version of it for GT Legends (you might need an account to view this) so the specs are probably attainable one way or another.

According to an article I read it had 160 hp and went about 200 km/h with a five speed manual - so just a matter of assetto car tuner and a beetle model of choice - just kidding.

The "Beetle Fun Cup" mod might be more ... fun.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Tried Formula Hybrid X 2022 Evo. The cars are slower by about 3 seconds at Kunos Monza comparing to stock Ferrari F2004. Tried various setups and used ERS, DRS and even overtake button. Is 18 years old car faster than modern F1 cars?

There is a 1302S available for AC. Just search on YouTube and it shouldn't take long to find it. Then it's just a matter of tuning it and probably adding some skins.

Last edited:
The Marcos Kass "vw_beetle_gd" from assetto db I posted already looks most of the way to the visual side of things (bumper delete, fat tires, BBS-style rims) compared to the Velo models, and all it would really need is a front spoiler and some slight fender flares to match the Kaufmann 1302S in looks. I haven't given it a close enough look to figure out if there are any potentially catastrophic problems with that model, though -- I know it's kind of old.

1652989049317.png

According to an article I read it had 160 hp and went about 200 km/h with a five speed manual - so just a matter of assetto car tuner and a beetle model of choice - just kidding.

The "Beetle Fun Cup" mod might be more ... fun.
An overpowered beetle with a body kit you said ?

Like... This one ? :D

Joke aside, once the donor body is chosen, I can try to provide the skin (even if some logos are quite hard to get on thoses pictures...)

Last edited:
An overpowered beetle with a body kit you said ?

Like... This one ? :D

Joke aside, once the donor body is chosen, I can try to provide the skin (even if some logos are quite hard to get on thoses pictures...)
The GTL mod that included the Kaufmann Beetle had a couple 2048 x 2048 skins that featured all (or at least almost all) of the needed logos, so maybe it's just a matter of reaching out to see if they're OK with having some of them used or replicated as long as they get credit, and worse comes to worse, you could just use the image as a reference point to create your own version of the necessary decals.

Last edited:
Brasilia should be on Breathe list (see earlier post, should you for some reason have missed it).
I have never heard about crotale and grand galleon ... do these tracks even exist or did something go wrong with a translater ??
Being Brazilian, I think he would like to know about the "Curvelo" circuit in the state of Minas Gerais and the new "Galeão" circuit of Automobilista 2, made available last month, in the city of Rio de Janeiro, where the airport was located, must be disabled now.

Thanks to CosmiC10R for his essential assistance, and norms for his suggestions at getting me up to speed with extensions for lighting. I am on track now, and after some tweaking and permissions I will finally release a proper version of these skins, for both versions of the 905...
3-PeugeotsB.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back