Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
What a great website
image_2022-05-24_192923936.png

thanks guys, ill chase him up. I've actually made a gas turbine powered car that's sitting on my hard drive, a Renault. Absolutely useless for racing but a bit of an oddity.

Ill chase up Borek and see if hes feeling generous

I need another help for URD Bayro EGT 2018.

I can see the tyre textures on CM, CM Showroom & Normal Showroom on CM but in game, there's just all black. No texture at all.

How can I fix it?

I think the minardi is on racedepartment as well

Last edited:
another question (this time hopefully not so stupid one as the previous ;)

Is there an expression to filter in the content tab all cars which you haven't driven in the last X months ?

(I want to circle back and try cars that I scored over a year ago ... as I might now re-evaluate them differently then how i did back in the day i started w AC)

Is there an expression to filter in the content tab all cars which you haven't driven in the last X months ?

(I want to circle back and try cars that I scored over a year ago ... as I might now re-evaluate them differently then how i did back in the day i started w AC)
You can filter by age, but I don't think you can filter by driven distance in the last x months... I guess that kind of query would require some special indexing in the CM database to take the driving records into account.
cm_filtering.JPG

Last edited:
On another note, I'm going through my mods and trying to sort out some of the details about a few of the more vaguely-described possibly-semi-fictional models. My question: is there an actual race-spec model that Velo's "Porsche 911 RS 1986" mod is based off? Going through the racingsportscars.com database, I can't find any 911s that raced with the "RS" designation in the mid '80s, and while the mod seems a lot closer in appearance and era to the early-mid '80s 911 SC, I can't be completely sure because the aero/bodywork/rims don't quite match. It doesn't help that all the skins in the mod appear to be fictional, and the description he put in the ui_car file seems to be describing the '73 Carrera RS instead.

(The closest I can find is the 911 SC that Raymond Touroul ran in Le Mans '84/'85, and I might as well just classify this car as such, pending an opportunity to create the appropriate skins.)

View attachment 1153631
All I can say is that I spotted a Brantz International 2S Rally Timer in on the dashboard but I don't know either...

CSP wiper config for Legion's Alfa Romeo GTAm 2.5 V8: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ilq94jt5rr8mgur/foley_alfa_romeo_gtam_33_v8.ini/file

Mod DL: https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2022/05/alfa-romeo-gtam-tipo-33-25l-v8-version.html

View attachment 1153612

The driver is shifting on the wrong side but setting INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=1 breaks the animation completely. If somebody finds a suitable shifting animation, please let me know.
I'll take a look at the shifting animation. Some work OK when inverted, others malfunction.
In the meantime would you mind taking a look at the Kunos Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - it's got a CSP wiper config but mine seems fragmented and generally borked. Wondering if it's just me or if the config is broken?

If anyone is interested just put this together for those who don't do DIY championship races using Kniker97 Silverstone 1997-2009 track

F1 2009 Silverstone Race weekend 8 - VRC Williams S1 and All Driver skins 1.0​

• Practice: 6 minutes
  • Qualification: 12 minutes
  • Race: 12 Laps
  • Race Grid: Strength and Aggression set as per Final Drivers Championship results

Attachments

• 1653421032768.png
    1653421032768.png
    461.8 KB · Views: 8
  • RW8 F1 2009 RD Icon.png
    RW8 F1 2009 RD Icon.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'll take a look at the shifting animation. Some work OK when inverted, others malfunction.
In the meantime would you mind taking a look at the Kunos Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - it's got a CSP wiper config but mine seems fragmented and generally borked. Wondering if it's just me or if the config is broken?
theres a few that seemed to have been messed up by CSP for a while. The Ferrari 488 GT2 and one of the Lotus's as well. Seems to only effect the right eye in VR. people have been looking for a solution for a while.

theres a few that seemed to have been messed up by CSP for a while. The Ferrari 488 GT2 and one of the Lotus's as well. Seems to only effect the right eye in VR. people have been looking for a solution for a while.
That's reportedly* fixed in the next CSP release - the issue with this car isn't the warped CSP wipers in the right eye that've plagued 10-series cards and Rift users for ages, it's that a joint in the mesh seems broken, so the top half of the wiper arm moves slightly different to the bottom.

*definitely

Last edited:
Yeah, subdividing existing gp4 models and move them behind the paywall... What a great effort
People needs to stop thinking that there's no effort also behind what you call "subdivided gp4 model" or "basic conversion". I did 3d modelling for years and I've never started something from scratch and the same it was an enormous amount of effort, and I got paid fairly for that.
Also if you take something from somewhere else and try to do your best to adapt to a new platform I assure you that it's difficult, time demanding and most of the times frustrating because you try to do your best and it's not certain that you commit.

So stop saying that is easy if you've never opened a 3D program and figure out how it works..

I didn't notice this until recently, but is anyone having a problem where the wind speed you set in Content Manager is multiplied by 3 in game? For example, if I set the windspeed to 3 kmh in CM, in game it will show between 9 and 11 kmh.

@El Locho try this with the GTAM (invert the shifting in data/driver3d.ini)
It's not great (~4" away) but it's OK from the corner of your eye.
(remove .txt extension)
I'll keep looking for a better one as this car is a beaut.

Edit: fixed the driver position too, which helps a little with the shifting animation.

@GzeroD : feel free to pilfer.

Attachments

• shift.ksanim.txt
    235.9 KB · Views: 12
  • steer.ksanim.txt
    220.2 KB · Views: 11
  • driver_base_pos.knh.txt
    343 bytes · Views: 10
Last edited:
People needs to stop thinking that there's no effort also behind what you call "subdivided gp4 model" or "basic conversion". I did 3d modelling for years and I've never started something from scratch and the same it was an enormous amount of effort, and I got paid fairly for that.
Also if you take something from somewhere else and try to do your best to adapt to a new platform I assure you that it's difficult, time demanding and most of the times frustrating because you try to do your best and it's not certain that you commit.

So stop saying that is easy if you've never opened a 3D program and figure out how it works..
Don't want to start an useless discussion here.. But if you use something as a base just credit original creator and don't sell it as your scratch made model.

And I know how to open a 3D application and work with it ;-)

So.. Stay safe!

I need another help for URD Bayro EGT 2018.

I can see the tyre textures on CM, CM Showroom & Normal Showroom on CM but in game, there's just all black. No texture at all.

How can I fix it?
Hi -
solution one: close CM - delete the content of the file x:\...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\tyres_fx.ini - simply make a 0 byte file - make a backup first - start CM and try it again now
solution two - otherwise write this in your ini:
[BASIC]
ENABLED=0

gl - Rob

try this instead... make the following filters in CM/CONTENT/CARS:

driven<0.01 km
--> this filter will result in all cars that have been driven less than 0.01 km, regardless of lapsed time

K- & driven<0.01 km
--> same as above filter, + excludes KUNOS mods

hope this helps...

Last edited:
Hi -
solution one: close CM - delete the content of the file x:\...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\tyres_fx.ini - simply make a 0 byte file - make a backup first - start CM and try it again now
solution two - otherwise write this in your ini:
[BASIC]
ENABLED=0

gl - Rob
1st solution is already like it is
2nd one is, does it mean i have to disable tyrefx completely?

try this instead... make the following filters in CM/CONTENT/CARS:

driven<0.01 km
--> this filter will result in all cars that have been driven less than 0.01 km, regardless of lapsed time

K- & driven<0.01 km
--> same as above filter, + excludes KUNOS mods

hope this helps...
thanks for the suggestion, but that was not what I was looking for , i wanted a filter that results in cars that i haven't driven in some time (maybe i drove them alot over a year ago , they still need to come out of the query as i want to drive them again)...
So but as El Locho said, i think it will not be possible...
that would require AC to keep track of the last date the car was driven, and that is prob not something that is done.

As workaround i'm looking at the previews (recent driven cars were given different style of preview images by me, so that's how i can see if i haven't driven it lately :)

Just the job! Nice. I'll have to remember that.
Anyone able to make LODs or are we waiting for the Simplygon fix?
Rear lights could use a tweak too.
I made some LODs for the Car with the Fix lorelord posted.
They are not good by any means but if somebody could tell me what to change to make it correct i can do it and reupload.
I also couldnt generate LOD_D because CM didnt recognize the car_paint.

Attachments

• Clubman LODs.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
I made some LODs for the Car with the Fix lorelord posted.
They are not good by any means but if somebody could tell me what to change to make it correct i can do it and reupload.
I also couldnt generate LOD_D because CM didnt recognize the car_paint.
Thanks - just add this as shown in the top left of the LOD generator UI and the body paint should be preserved in LOD D.
(it's whatever the main bodywork material is called in CM showroom - in this case it's 'body' but can vary from car-to-car)

1653428444567.png

Last edited:
i looked... i saw... i binned.
Sorry, beyond my magic to rescue.
@ItsBongWater

Amaroo: (second link is to save you from pop-up hell)
http://assetto-db.com/track/eastern_creek2014/amaroo
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6m9mq...aceway_2014_v3.5_a_R1cho_by_Rainmaker.7z/file

another:
https://acmods.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/rd/easterncreek.rar

note: Google search keyword = "Assetto Amaroo"

Amaroo for rF (seems pretty straight forward to convert)
issues:
1. There are no supports for advert billboards, they just float in the air (can be lowered to hide that fact)
2. Huge terrain gaps for infield would be hidden by trackwalls in cockpit view, but may reveal themselves from a high trackside cam.
3. Model needs to be split by materials because there is no "road mesh" as is.

View attachment 1014466
Your reply to one of my first posts here, nearly a year on and I have finally done it , although a rough crappy track.
Thanks for the cool tracks you provide us.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back