Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,758 comments
Hope the major update will be in the grip aspect. Unfortunately I have never driven one of these in real life, but this beast seems to drift too easily, even at low speed gently feathering the accelerator pedal, remembering to me that I'm not that good at the wheel like I thought... 😅
I see. The grips level are good. There was a little confusion in the code between the throttle.ini and throttle_max.ini . In the update, the throttle application should be much better. Also may use different tires instead of modified Kuno's ones.

And even if 2022 season is over, work isn't finished... Sepang 2017 is coming soon... 😉

Great job as usual. I have a kind of request, nice would be if you could start working on some of the laser scanned track recently released this year like Paul Ricard, Hungaroring, Cota etc since the F1 season is finished and you don't have deadlines

... The grips level are good. There was a little confusion in the code between the throttle.ini and throttle_max.ini ...
I could feel something strange happening, and I thought it was the grip, I never thought it could be the throttle. As has been verified once again, I'm a total duffer and I don't have exactly the sensitivity or the skills of Fernando Alonso when it comes to tuning a car... 😓

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and thanks for the answer. 😄

Last edited:
Could I get some recommendations for reliable mod sites other than RaceDep? Just wanting to diversify my choices.

I have a discord account, if that is where quite a few are now.

Thank you for the link, I am not a RD hater, far from it, but their download speed is often ridiculously slow, so an alternative, normal speed download link is always welcome.
I don't mind RD either but because of the time difference when I see these updates like now it's 5:30am and RD will take 12 hours to download but if I saw this at 5:30pm the download will only take a few minutes.
The Mega is apricated just because I can download it now and it has already finish while I've been typing. :)

VXR
Could I get some recommendations for reliable mod sites other than RaceDep? Just wanting to diversify my choices.

I have a discord account, if that is where quite a few are now.
When I'm on discord, I always check out the touge union and shutoko revival project servers for mods sometimes. Another server I'm also a part of is the Binary Motors server, people share mods on there all of the time. https://discord.gg/QmeXGWQP

yeah we pubicly released the car as peugeot said: back in august, the first one was the Caddie NorthStar 2000 spec (2001 coming soon), and we've been slowly rolling out other LMP900 era cars as well like this one.

hopefully a nice overhaul on the physics from us lot working on it ;) and to bring more Pre LMP1 cars (WSC/LMP900 675 Era)
@SpeedStar2000 when Toyota TS030?

check this 🤔
EDIT: RD removed the review now.
rd.png

Last edited:

Thank you for the update of the Sachsenring to 2022!

As the download speed of RD is very often so slow, i would suggest to use a 7-ZIP archive for your mods in the future. With the best compression settings of 7-ZIP, that work on my 8 year old PC (Intel Core i7-4790K with 16 GB RAM), I could reduce the size of the archive from 405.697 KB to 258.604 KB. With a modern PC with 32 GB RAM, you can reduce the size of the archive even more.

Screenshot 2022-11-26 234701.jpg

Last edited:
!!! "FIX" in post > #109,371

... i couldn't find a better setup, so i did my own...

--- HANDLING & STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS for "crsh_porsche_gt3_2019_v1.0" ... "data.acd"-file only !!! ---

this is a new data.acd for the "Endurance"-version with hopefully a lot of improvment in handling and stability. also my own preferred setup (curvy back) is in the archive.

• several overall improvements in config files
  • changed final gear with finer steps
  • more different engine maps with value-names to choose from
  • two sets of tyres (one orig & one with little more grip)

installing and driving on your own risk! allways backup first!

!!! its my personal test-tune/setup without further support !!!

have fun
G.McThornbody

Last edited:

--- HANDLING & STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS for "crsh_porsche_gt3_2019_v1.0" ... "data.acd"-file only !!! ---

this is a new data.acd for the "Endurance"-version with hopefully a lot of improvment in handling and stability. also my own preferred setup (curvy back) is in the archive.

have fun
G.McThornbody

this data file is broken...
ini file was a garbled characters

have fun
G.McThornbody

Yup. It's broken. Seems like the ACD is perhaps encrypted, unpacks to gibberish, fails on load with "LODS list missing".

I was wondering if someone could help me remember the name of a fictional track which I seem to have lost from my library. Hard to find when you can't remember what it's called! :ouch:

The most obvious clue I can remember is that it's a long GT circuit and there's a large black & white bull-shaped billboard (i.e. a steer) on the hill that looks over end of the last (very long) straight before you turn right onto the main straight.

If that triggers anyone's memory, I'd appreciate any tips on the track name! :cheers:

Last edited:
this data file is broken...
ini file was a garbled characters
@McThornbody Simpy copying the data file to other car folders (or same folders on other computers) is usually (maybe always) creating this problem. What I've learned over the years is, the best method is to move the unpacked data folder and then use the content manager to pack the data. That way it doesn't get corrupted (I guess it has something to do with the bulit in CM compresson software that links the entire folder structure into the file somehow. And then when you copy it over elsewhere, you get a wrong structure, cause nobody has AC installed in the same directory). So I would suggest to pack the modified data folder to zip and upload it so we can then copy it our folder of the car and create our own data file with content manager. I'm also very interested in this fix, cause all my attempts to fix the car, were unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Yas Marina Circuit 2021 mod v1.0, made by BAI Zhantang and so on.
·Model by BAI Zhantang, road mesh is converted from rfactor 1, other model files are copied from acu_yasmarina.
·Most of texture and lightfx are copied from acu_yasmarina by MO Xiaobei.
·Ai, real TV camera replay , rainfx and grassfx are made by me.
Many thanks for the sponsorship of Tongfu Inn(Xi'an city, Shaanxi province, China), hoping you a great journey to Shaanxi someday, welcome to our inn.
View attachment 1209793
View attachment 1209794
View attachment 1209795
View attachment 1209796
View attachment 1209797
View attachment 1209799
View attachment 1209800View attachment 1209801

link:https://mega.nz/file/O0gFRJwR#N3xf6X8cCK6A4icSUxryOg6eBKmpZWBkMn13KMnV5G4
Hi, Anyone know what the difference is between this one and the CHQ version?

Thanks

I was wondering if someone could help me remember the name of a fictional track which I seem to have lost from my library. Hard to find when you can't remember what it's called! :ouch:

The most obvious clue I can remember is that it's a long GT circuit and there's a large black & white bull-shaped billboard (i.e. a steer) on the hill that looks over end of the last (very long) straight before you turn right onto the main straight.

If that triggers anyone's memory, I'd appreciate any tips on the track name! :cheers:
Camino Viejo has a bull billboard, but doesn't fit the rest of your description.

Camino Viejo has a bull billboard, but doesn't fit the rest of your description.
Thanks Masscot, but it's not Camino.

Uuurggh. I swear, trying to find this track will drive me insane. I used to drive it regularly, but because it's fictional, the name has just gone AWOL from my brain.

I remember that it was updated some time in the last couple of years and someone posted a comment saying there was stray mesh that looked like an oversized cow... which was actually the billboard shaped like a bull with horns, sitting on the hillside above the last long straight. I've searched for the comment too - and I can't find that either! :banghead:

Last edited:
Thanks Masscot, but it's not Camino.

Uuurggh. I swear, trying to find this track will drive me insane. I used to drive it regularly, but because it's fictional, the name has just gone AWOL from my brain.

I remember that it was updated some time in the last couple of years and someone posted a comment saying there was stray mesh that looked like an oversized cow... which was actually the billboard shaped like a bull with horns, sitting on the hillside above the last long straight. I've searched for the comment too - and I can't find that either! :banghead:
Don't know what track it is. But bull billboards on hills is totally a Spanish thing. So maybe it helps you narrow down the field of what you're looking for to tracks that are based in Spain.

Don't know what track it is. But bull billboards on hills is totally a Spanish thing. So maybe it helps you narrow down the field of what you're looking for to tracks that are based in Spain.
Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem is that the track has disappeared from my library somehow, so it won't turm up in any search. I need the name so I can track it down and restore it!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back