Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Did you improve other stuff as well such as interiors and physics? Those were god awful when I drove it weeks ago at Daytona a day before the 24 Hours race besides the other GTP/LMH partecipants in previous days.
the car is unfinished...it was leaked ages ago and shouldn't be out for the public.

It's been a long time since I started this project...today is the day to share with you what I've been doing.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

Renault Clio V6 Phase II 2003
Titanium - rain.jpgTitanium - sun.jpgIlliad Blue - sun.jpgIlliad Blue - sunny.jpgLiquid Yellow - sun.jpgLiquid Yellow - sunny.jpg

DOWNLOAD

DONATE

It's been a long time since I started this project...today is the day to share with you what I've been doing.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

Renault Clio V6 Phase II 2003
View attachment 1234176View attachment 1234177View attachment 1234178View attachment 1234179View attachment 1234180View attachment 1234181

DOWNLOAD

DONATE

Proper link?

@_Bazza_ any plans to add cockpit AO to the AC Legends cars to bring them up to date?
Oh, almost forgot, the wipers on the ACL GTR Nissan GT-R 2000 sweep the glass but don't remove the raindrops.
non-csp wipers still need a wipers_trace config some times, it seems... @_Bazza_ fyi

INI:
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE = nissan_s2_kit04_body_loda_gmt_SUB2
WIPERS = body_wiper_rubber_l, body_wiper_rubber_r

Last edited:
Hi guys,

got a question, need help. This never happened before.

Suddenly everytime i fire up AC all my wheel and H-Shifter bindings are gone. However the wheel and shifter are still recognized by the game. (T-300, T500 Shifter).

Btw. I play through the vanilla launcher, no CM.

Trying to recalibrate does not work everytme because AC "thinks" there is alway a button pushed. WTF
But it isnt

I have no clue whats going on

Last edited:
Hi guys, would appreciate any pointers.

What's your favourite Car mod/creator please.

Although I've had this game for many years, pretty new to content manager and mods, and this community as I've said before, is absolutely amazing. The quality of some of these cars and tracks, along with content manager, sol and pure, it blows my mind! How some of these guys haven't been snapped up by Kunos, I don't know (or have they?)

Anyway, would love to find some more quality content that I may have missed over the years

Cheers!
For tracks, I can suggest, Fat-Alfie and the Reboot team. While sometimes you get a surprise from a unknown modder that only does make one sublime single track and then vanish. Just stay at your preferred genre and specific time period otherwise you get lost as so many tracks are being made.
Use the @Breathe track listing.

Oulton Park ACC conversion by Reboot Team.
Five layouts including 1954-1972 historic (no chicane).

View attachment 1233988
  • 34 grid slots.
  • Portable lights added for night racing.
  • Flag-waving spectators on race days (backup & delete 'object_removal.lua' in the extension folder to reinstate them for practice and hot-lapping.
  • Active airspace.
  • Bridge reverb.
  • Semaphores.
  • GrassFX & RainFX.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1988gbrvaa7t6fk/rt_oulton_park.7z/
Oulton Park is one of my favourite places to be Virtually and IRL, thanks for this :D:cool:

Hi experienced modders. I was trying to create an AO map for a dash board, but run into a problem.
this is the UV map I have in 3ds max:
View attachment 1234053
Textured car in kseditor v6, and tried different shaders, if I view the mapping in CM by clicking the 3 dots next to the name of the object, it looks ok:
View attachment 1234054
but if I view the mapping by clicking on the 3 dots next to say txdiffuse then I get the following:
View attachment 1234056
I got these lines in a mess.... I tried generating the AO I got the following:
View attachment 1234057
I did it in the popped up windows after clicking the 3 dots next to the name of the mesh. For the top object in the AO map generated, the light seems to be at the opposit location to what I have expected. the bright side (white) is actually to bottom part of the dash, instead of the top. Is this is due to UV UNwrap problem with my 3DS Max model? Can someone kindly shed me some light on this? thanks a lot!
Is the dash its own separate material? The likely scenario is that there's another mesh with the same material as the dash hence why the lines show up when you view the txdiffuse mapping, because it is showing the mapping of every mesh bound to that material

the shading issue might just be the settings you're using when baking with cm

The mapping as on the screen won't work.also check if normals are in the right direction. And when generating AO in CM, you better to have only the object for generation, otherwise other objects which are above it can make some mess with shadows
Thanks for your reply! I am not 100% about normals, but I tried to unify normals with the Normal modifier but that did not help. Object also looked right in 3ds Max.

I had tried to hide most of the objects when I generated the AO in CM. Maybe I really had to hide all of them. Any good tutorial you can recommend for 3ds max 2023 for generating AO? It doesn't have the option to render to create AO anymore with the new renderer.

Is the dash its own separate material? The likely scenario is that there's another mesh with the same material as the dash hence why the lines show up when you view the txdiffuse mapping, because it is showing the mapping of every mesh bound to that material

the shading issue might just be the settings you're using when baking with cm
sorry didn't see this reply early! good point! I do have another mesh with the same material that I have mapped properly!!! Thank you! will try to map it and see if that helps.... where as the settings in CM may I ask what would the recommended settings be?

update: add that other mesh to the map definitely fixed the problem, thanks again, you all are great!
as for AO generation setting, I think I know what the problem was, it was the angle of the light, would he follow be a good setting? 0 to 90 degree? I think I read some recommendation before but couldn't find it any more.
1677264651508.png

Last edited:
Tracks listing update

Red Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 24/02/2023 --> TBA
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 24/02/2023 --> TBA

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 03/02/2023 --> 23/02/2023
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 03/02/2023 --> 23/02/2023

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

PS : The icon for the track links disapeared but all the links are always presents.
FAMOUS TRACKS FORGOTTEN IN AC (or not finished yet, WIP, not so good or not functional):

FIA grade A that I not found

1 - Termas de Rio Hondo - Argentina (MotoGP - GT, etc...)

2 - TT Assen - Netherlands (Better than Zandvoort, multiple layouts)

3 - Circuito Ricardo Tormo - Valencia, Spain

4 - Motorland Aragón - Spain

5 - Sepang - Malaysia (Full, north and south layouts)

6 - Valencia street circuit - Spain

7 - Buddh - India

8 - Johor - Malaysia

9 - Mandalika - Indonesia

10 - Opatija - Yugoslavia (classic)

FAMOUS TRACKS FORGOTTEN IN AC (or not finished yet, WIP, not so good or not functional):

7 - Buddh - India

8 - Johor - Malaysia

:confused:

I have at least a good and very funcional Assen and Ricardo Tormo and a not bad Sepang...
Aragon and Valencia are also there but avarage quality yes.

Hi, could anyone just help me with this, a couple cars like the RSS 2022 F1 car and the VRC touring cars etc come with the CSP physics versions, which is better to use and why, what is CSP physics compared to the normal version of the cars, I do use Content Manager with CSP but just didn't know like with the RSS car to use the optional CSP physics or not if anyone could explain would be much appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
:confused:

I have at least a good and very funcional Assen and Ricardo Tormo and a not bad Sepang...
Aragon and Valencia are also there but average quality yes
I share your feeling, I'm astonished too.:odd:
I erased some tracks recently so I put a fresh look with a car on some of them last days.

Last edited:

7 - Buddh - India

8 - Johor - Malaysia

There is also at least one good version of Mandalika too. ;)

Any chance the start/finish line can be relocated? To me it looks like it is positioned wrong.
Except of that I have nothing to complain. Great looking track!

7 - Buddh - India

8 - Johor - Malaysia

I guess you need to look around a bit better…
Apart from Johor and some layouts for Sepang (not sure because I have Sepang with only the main layout, don't know if the other layouts were done), literally all other tracks are present in AC.
EDIT: Johor is also done, but I don't have it installed because it seems to be private.
Opatija needs some work but is functional, all others have versions that are good to very good.

Last edited:
Any chance the start/finish line can be relocated? To me it looks like it is positioned wrong.
Except of that I have nothing to complain. Great looking track!
Yep, good spot. Looks like the s/f line is by the starting lights instead of where the line crosses the track. Seems like an early placeholder never got updated, which can easily happen when the project started well over a year ago with a long fallow period in the middle.
Thanks for the report - we'll get it updated.
Sometimes you can't see the woods for the trees. :)

Last edited:
Hi Gentlemen ! ;)

Now and since the last version of the Content Manager executable, I'm not able to give some stars on the tracks with it, in the same time, the stars for the cars still easily available for notation.

I must be dumb but I didn't see an alternative way to do it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers. :)

Specifically the suggestions were for the vintage layout et al.
(and yes, I did reduce air-force for vintage already... because im a smart scamp 🧙‍♀️
That layout was in as a bonus really (and nearly got removed at one point) because to do a 'proper' vintage version you'd be looking at all sorts of model replacements for buildings, grandstands, kerbs, graveltraps etc.
Just doing a vintage billboard skin and removing the heli/balloons might look a bit odd next to all the modern infrastructure. Maybe @Pyyer could do a proper job on it at some point?

That layout was in as a bonus really (and nearly got removed at one point) because to do a 'proper' vintage version you'd be looking at all sorts of model replacements for buildings, grandstands, kerbs, graveltraps etc.
Just doing a vintage billboard skin and removing the heli/balloons might look a bit odd next to all the modern infrastructure. Maybe @Pyyer could do a proper job on it at some point?
Someone could always create a new folder for this one layout and call it Vintage Oulton Park or something like that, before making the appropriate changes.
I mean, I can't be bothered, but it is an idea...

7 - Buddh - India

8 - Johor - Malaysia

There is an excellent version of Grobnik available done by Mitja Bonca and updated recently. I think he even used lidar data for it. Since I visited it a couple of times, it's spot on. I like the TT Assen version for AC as well. Nothing wrong with it.

Calling anyone who can change the driver helmets.
Please PM me, I have a really cool good Simpson bandit helmet (think stig)
I have followed a guide for 3dmax which says it'll work for blender, but every time i get it in game either the helmet is in wrong place, or the the driver body is missing
or the driver arms just don't move but helmet is in the right place.
I would really appreciate someone seeing where I'm doing it wrong if i send them the driver file.
Please help.
There is a stig helmet in AC but its awful.
I really wanted to do this on my own but i now need help before i chuck my PC out of the window, and there are no windows in here so it would smash against the wall.
One more try, then i guess I'll take the hint.
I just need someone to take a look in blender at a stig helmet change and see where I've gone wrong.
Surely there has to be someone on here that has done a driver helmet change?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back