Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,771 comments
__custom_showroom_1679092030-png.1240183

ok so ive split the light meshes into seperate parts.

1) the main headlights on the side do not show on the ground. any idea whats wrong? does anyone know how to save the moved light points?

2) where do I program the drl to run during the day? is there a special code in the lights.ini?

I get that there are always usb drivers, and I did double check the status of the two that are assigned to the shifter. Windows says that they are up to date, and didn't even give me an option to update them.

I tried a windows restart again just now, but no change. :confused:
Not updating them (they already are), restarting them.
I know it's a bit of a bind but I think I encountered this a while back. In CM it would pick up the input of my shifter (not the same one as yours, it's a generic H pattern Chinese shifter), anyways, I had to literally unplug everything, turn off the computer, then put each device into a new USB input and then start over remapping. That was the only thing that worked.
That's look like basically a force-reload of the drivers (has the usb-driver is not connected to what it's supposed to, windows will look for it on the other usb. If all are "changed", it will do the same with all, and remap the whole linkage usb-drive/external-drive), that'll should do the trick. A bit overkill i'd say, but if there is no way around, why not try it too.

Hi slider , i copy the file in the track folder, not overwrite because that file did not exist in the folder
Ok, that doesn´t work. Original kn5 is somewhere else, originally.

I compiled a new, more complete fix for Miseluk.
Included rain-fx setting from @Cozy61. I could have made my own one, but it was done before, and why reinventing the wheel again? :)
Fixed some small issues, though. I hope that´s Ok for you, Sir Spats?
I just wanted to save some time as I am editing and improving or fixing so much else.

Original files included, just in case you want to revert it back.

Extract this file into track folder. Old miseluk__slights.kn5 you put into track folder, remove it. It´s in the wrong folder.

1679156453099.png

Attachments

• extension.zip
    181.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Not updating them (they already are), restarting them.

That's look like basically a force-reload of the drivers (has the usb-driver is not connected to what it's supposed to, windows will look for it on the other usb. If all are "changed", it will do the same with all, and remap the whole linkage usb-drive/external-drive), that'll should do the trick. A bit overkill i'd say, but if there is no way around, why not try it too.
Okay, I tried that.. I unplugged the shifter, restarted the pc, plugged the shifter into a different port, saw that Windows was looking for the device, and successfully got the SHH ready. No change.. still not working in-game.

I should add, as I forgot to before, that the shifter still works normally in AMS2, the only other game I've tried so far. So I imagine it's an issue with AC/CM.

Included rain-fx setting from @Cozy61. I could have made my own one, but it was done before, and why reinventing the wheel again? :)
I just wanted to save some time as I am editing and improving or fixing so much else.

Extract this file into track folder. Old miseluk__slights.kn5 you put into track folder, remove it. It´s in the wrong folder.

View attachment 1240359
Thank you Slider !!! Now working fine !!! I no longer used this track due to the error and due to the lack of fluidity. It is now perfect thanks!!!

Okay, I tried that.. I unplugged the shifter, restarted the pc, plugged the shifter into a different port, saw that Windows was looking for the device, and successfully got the SHH ready. No change.. still not working in-game.

I should add, as I forgot to before, that the shifter still works normally in AMS2, the only other game I've tried so far. So I imagine it's an issue with AC/CM.

Never had any problems with my shifter but I need to select my controller preset once a day to get my DD1 and/or CSL DD working. There's also that setting in CM to check and fix the controllers' order before the race, no clue what it does exactly but did you try changing that setting?

1679158958637.png

Last edited:

AH! That changes quite a lot of the issue here, haha :sly:
Can be a CM preset, so, as El Locho suggest. I'm no expert in CM related things, sorry (i'm usually the one asking the questions around haha)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

!!! 2021 FORD F-450 !!!​

Specs: Stock (4x4 & 4x2)
Encryption (None)
Credits:
3D: Forza Horizon 5
Physics: VR Driving
Sound Mod: Myself (FMOD) and MNP for Sound Samples (7.2L V8 Powerstroke Currently *Since There's no good 6.7L Powerstroke)
CSP : Required. (This car has Rain FX Support and Extra A & B for Doors and Navigation screens.
TEMPLATE PSD FILE ARE INCULDED IN 4X4 FOLDER.

**DO NOT RE-UPLOAD THE FILES TO ANYWHERE OR DIFFERENT LINK SOURCE WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/SlBW1LqJ#NGqyiD5TdVoHnckTqD2Yc4csrD5Kgea8vXIY0V5IRSA
*Please be aware one or some of virus scans might led False Detection.
View attachment 1240308

View attachment 1240309View attachment 1240310View attachment 1240311
Just out of interest, what would happen if someone did upload under a different download file?
When you guys say that, what exactly is it you'd do?
I'm not being deliberately funny, i am just intrigued when i read such things what you have in your armoury from a legal stand point.
Some of these requests are getting crazy now, like actual threats of legal stuff.
You couldn't actually do anything really could you?

The track looks amazing but i have a problem with the lighting at night... Is there a way to make it a bit darker??
What i did is to take from the bahrain track that i have installed (the one with two layouts, normal and endu) the extension folder and pasted it on the jeddah one. Its not amazing but its darker. Its a **** solution but im not modder, i made it look like this

Attachments

• FrhgNqhWcAMKy0c.jpg
    FrhgNqhWcAMKy0c.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 12
Never had any problems with my shifter but I need to select my controller preset once a day to get my DD1 and/or CSL DD working. There's also that setting in CM to check and fix the controllers' order before the race, no clue what it does exactly but did you try changing that setting?

View attachment 1240404
No change. Thanks for the idea, though; I certainly wasn't even aware of this setting.

What i did is to take from the bahrain track that i have installed (the one with two layouts, normal and endu) the extension folder and pasted it on the jeddah one. Its not amazing but its darker. Its a **** solution but im not modder, i made it look like this
Good find. Without it the track is undriveable at night, and during daylight the fences are so disturbing (moiree) that it hurts the eyes.
Tried all relevant settings in SOL config / pp filters, no dice. At least on my system...
This config may not be ideal, but it works at least. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Open "jeddah_2021_chq.ini"
Search for "COLOR ="
If the last number is greater or equal to 10 ad a "."

eg: at section [LIGHT_SERIES_0]
change COLOR = 1.0, 1.0, 0.95, 22
to COLOR = 1.0, 1.0, 0.95, 2.2

Love this track in its original layout, please do 80s Zandvoort or Brands Hatch or that old Montreal layout with the pits right behind that hairpin... Is there even a good pre '87 Silverstone or '87 Silverstone?
Zandvoort and Montreal are on GTR2 and Brands Hatch on rFactor2.
Zandvoort 1979 GPC for GTR2
Brands Hatch 1986 (F1_1986_1988_Historic_Edition_Tracks_3.12)
Montreal 1979 GPC v1.0

To request, join my Patreon.

As for Silverstone, the 1975 version is in AC.
Silverstone 1975 1.05 by RMi

Just out of interest, what would happen if someone did upload under a different download file?
I'm not being deliberately funny, i am just intrigued when i read such things what you have in your armoury from a legal stand point.
Some of these requests are getting crazy now, like actual threats of legal stuff.
There will be whining and crying, with maybe a little bit of stamping and kicking, before the toys are forcefully ejected from the pram…

View attachment 1240359
Many thanks now it´s Working

shi
Zandvoort and Montreal are on GTR2 and Brands Hatch on rFactor2.
Zandvoort 1979 GPC for GTR2
Brands Hatch 1986 (F1_1986_1988_Historic_Edition_Tracks_3.12)
Montreal 1979 GPC v1.0

To request, join my Patreon.

As for Silverstone, the 1975 version is in AC.
Silverstone 1975 1.05 by RMi
That Silverstone 1975 is a great conversion, but the source track layout from which the conversion is made - isn’t the best. The chicane is all kinds of wrong, hence the requirement for a truly accurate version of Silverstone tracks from 1975 to 1990.

I have zero track modding skills, but the best base to make Silverstone tracks from those 1975 to 1990 years, is to to use either Kunos’ 1967 version, or contact Knicker97, to modify his awesome Silverstone 2005 as the overall track geography on those are great.

That Silverstone 1975 is a great conversion, but the source track layout from which the conversion is made - isn’t the best. The chicane is all kinds of wrong, hence the requirement for a truly accurate version of Silverstone tracks from 1975 to 1990.

I have zero track modding skills, but the best base to make Silverstone tracks from those 1975 to 1990 years, is to to use either Kunos’ 1967 version, or contact Knicker97, to modify his awesome Silverstone 2005 as the overall track geography on those are great.
Old Silverstone is needed imo

Especially when, on a legal point of view, the very vast majority of those claiming threats would end up paying (huge) fees for copyright violation, whereas the re-poster would get... nothing. Maybe a few praises from people glad to see the mod kept alive.

But yeah, keep on, "not without my permission" for sure, yes.

I don't understand where is this file
steamapps > common > assettocorsa > extension > config > tracks.
Don't know why it's there and not in one of the folders (Chiqui thing I guess because there's also the hong_kong_grid2_chq.ini).

But that said, changing the values as mentioned above and without the Bahrain config in the track extension map, it's still not looking good.
Above that, with Pyyer's F1 2023 added, the standard layout looks good at night, but Pyyer's is still overexposed at night, while during daylight it's the better one.
It's a mess (at least on my part) and again above that I totally dislike the track layout ... :crazy:

shi
Paul Ricard Historic v1.0

View attachment 1240065
Paul Ricard with 1970-2001 layout.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-38 pit/start
-AI, cam
-5 layouts (Grand Prix, Grand Prix - BPR 1995, Grand Prix - 1975, Short Grand Prix, Short)

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Carrera.4
Updated by MotorFX
GTR2 Converted by der Dumeklemmer, MotorFX
-I tried to contact them but was unable to. I thank them for the work they do.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Short GP AI and RainFX by @KevinK2
Short GP cam by @Gregz0r
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Terrain from paul_ricard_2021 by @marc_13000 & @Blackcelica
Base texture of Dunlop Bridge (BPR layout) from lemans_1991 by Terra21 & Jim Lloyd
pit objects and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @slider666

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member @Daniel Graf . He provided the material for creating the BPR layout. Thanks.

Are you also going to add the School Circuit Layout? That would be cool

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back