Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,815 comments
Le Mans 1967

Le Mans 1967 v1.0

This is my take on the le_grand_circuit_1967 track done by Terra21 and updated by WooChoo and Virtua_LM. All credit for the track goes to those guys. I simply added some CSP features and altered a few textures\meshes to give it a look I prefer. It is a standalone track so as not to mess with the original and will come up as Le Mans 1967 in your track list. If you have a preferred ai you use with the original track, just copy it over to this version if you decide to use this. I'm not sure which ai version the track currently has right now because I was swapping out different versions.

Additions:

-- Seasonal changes.
-- Animated flags.
-- Animated CSP smoke in the fall and winter.

-- Slightly altered grass textures to fit my eye better. Three versions for this you can try if you want with a simple ext_config edit. Towards the bottom of the config is a section named Grass Look. There are two [SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...] sections for the GRASS_A_MUD material that you can set Active or Inactive to slightly change the look. If you set them both to ACTIVE=0, the grass will be much greener and more saturated. The two alternatives give a progressively more brown tint. I like having the second one set active, which is how it is by default. You can monkey around with the ambient and diffuse values to get a brightness you prefer.

-- Reworked sand areas to give them some character and eliminate the monotonous look. I took some creative liberties with this so it's not 100% accurate to the real track at that time. There are two ways you can have the sand areas look on the Mulsanne Straight. By default it has more green grass than it probably should, but it helps to break up the look. The second way has less grass and more of a brown tint. To enable the alternate version, open up the models.ini file and in the [MODEL_2] section, change the line that reads FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain.kn5 to FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain2.kn5.

-- New pine trees texture. This one has some faults because the trunks don't quite line up with the uv mapping correctly. The original pine tree texture had slightly curved trunks. Mine doesn't so you can see some double trunks in spots if you are really looking for them. It doesn't bother me, but if it does for you, just disable the Trees track skin.
-- The Misc track skin doesn't need to be enabled. It's a skin created by Instevs36 that I got from RD that I use at times. As mentioned, the Trees track skin can be disabled as well, but always leave the Terrain skin enabled.

View attachment 1248085
View attachment 1248086
Added a link to the 54 pit addon that works with my version of the track. I don't know who created it, but all credit goes to whoever it was.

Also, for anyone who has the render problem on the straight, could you send me a copy of your CSP preset. I'm hoping maybe it's a CSP setting issue that will allow me to see the problem (since it doesn't happen to me). Maybe I could figure out what it's related to and possibly how to fix it. Thanks...

Last edited:
Hello lads.
I have this track that when starting lights go green, all cars start, but suddenly after a few meters, they stop.
They try to go left and stop, what is odd, is that is one car that really start running. Only one.
There is only fast lane inside AI file.
Can someone help with the AI please? As I don't know/remember if I can post the track here, whoever can help me
please can be so kind and PM me?

Thank you.

I mean the actual driver. The hands and shift changes etc. can be very tricky to get just right. The hands cut through the steering wheel and can look very unrealistic.
Yeah, this can be a big VR ball ache with encrypted cars as it seems that a LOT of modders only play in chase cam and don't give a rat's ass whether the driver is even facing the right way or not.
I just successfully swapped a steer.ksanim and rescaled/repositioned the driver on an encrypted car but it wasn't a pleasant experience, swimming in a sea of little blue triangles. But it is possible.
Encryption should be a statement that "this car is as perfect as it can be", not "aren't I a clever modder, I've encrypted my crap with a whole host of errors lol".

Circuito Sajalices from MadBrain updated DaBaeda
Trees,Cams,GrassFX and RainFX
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:
bgr00.jpg
bgr02.jpg
bgr03.jpg
bgr04.jpg
bgr05.jpg
bgr06.jpg

The only reason why I would understand encryption is for scratch made stuff. Like, fully scratch made. Because it is entirely your's in the first place. If the car/track is a conversion of any other source, legally acquired or not, it's claiming exclusive property, no matter how "good" your content is. Imagine being in a store, buying (legally) a toy and as soon as you buy it, you paint it all red. Now, you claim ownership of all the same toys that are also painted in red. Sounds silly ? Yep.

But I must say, I'm not mad at modders who encrypt their content. I don't understand, but It's their choice. Unpopular opinion maybe, but if I'm mad at someone about encryption, it's for "the one" (or the many) who made it possible in the first place, crushing the spirit of everything I love in modding. I wont blame names or anything, nor here nor to myself, but if the're is a guilty one, this is "him" (maybe Ilja, maybe someone else, hell maybe Kunos themselves, I dunno). Still, glad to see people not encrypting their content at all and keeping that spirit alive.

Encypted cars means that i can't fix errors that are almost ALWAYS present in every mod (wrong onboard camera or even not set one), it prevent me from fixin things that maybe for you are ok, meanwhile for others (like tracks) aren't. You probably be the only one who is open to fix things upon request, but encryption is the worst thing in modding scene.

Oh, btw, i don't know the car because i didn't even downloaded btw (like i do for the 99% of encrypted stuff), but maybe yours is more than perfect as it is ;)

For me AC is all about freedom and people creativity. Only few games like epic Portal 2 have it. Without being a big versatile sandbox AC would be long forgotten. Encryption is taking away that freedom and for me is its biggest threat.
I tinker a lot with tracks and cars adjusting them to my own needs. Having no opitions is a a no go for me. In my view the biggest pain is FFB setup. With no access to data and often no steer assist in options I can't do anything.
Though I partly understand creators I deleted 99% of encrypted cars I had and I'm a happy man.
As more and more people earn from AC I only forsee aggreviation in this matter. Personally I'm trying to support modders that release for free or unencrypted.

20230416141250_1.jpg

Hi everyone, just a quick questions: is there any solution to grass popping up on the tarmac?
I 've noticed it several times on many different tracks and here is an example from the Red Bull Ring (Pyyer's 2022 extension)

Yeah, this can be a big VR ball ache with encrypted cars as it seems that a LOT of modders only play in chase cam and don't give a rat's ass whether the driver is even facing the right way or not.
I just successfully swapped a steer.ksanim and rescaled/repositioned the driver on an encrypted car but it wasn't a pleasant experience, swimming in a sea of little blue triangles. But it is possible.
Encryption should be a statement that "this car is as perfect as it can be", not "aren't I a clever modder, I've encrypted my crap with a whole host of errors lol".
Hi. What FOV do people use for VR. I’m on 54 at the moment.

LIGIER JS2 LM V2 ( 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975 )

MIRAGE GR8 LM V2 ( 1975, 1976, 1977 )

First to say, that the credits of the 3d models I used are from the "Absolute Le Mans modding team" group, from the GTR2 simulator. Antoniog7772 Jempy March 1990 Saxony mateo der_jaguar commodore Joeschmoe prostriker92 soul nickM

In short, they are all versions of the Ligier JS2 (1972, 1973, 1974, 1975), some had internal problems in the instrument panel (not like the first version, which nothing worked).
I slightly changed some data from the "DATA" folder for the Ligier-Ford ( 1975 ) and Ligier Maserati ( 1974 ), the other two versions I left practically the same as the "base car".

(Who downloaded the first version last year, can delete it, the model used as "base car", is now another).

I managed to add the "splitter" in the 1975/1976 model, it was a little more similar to the original models of the time.
In the Mirage GR8 (1975 and 1976 with Ford engine), I left a file in reserve ( ui.car for data from the 1976 model), the 1978 model, Mirage-Renault (similar data from the Alpine-Renault A442 engine).

The only track test was a small comparison between Mirage-Ford (1975) vs Ligier-Ford (1975) in Monza. Mirage were about 2s faster without many setup hits.
In a simple comparison of the Le Mans 1975 race (the 2 fastest cars were the Mirage with "3m50 and 3m51 approximately" and the Ligiers were in 3rd and 5th with "3m53 and 3m57 approximately", so the alterations of the Ligier.

Both the 1974 and 1975 model (I changed the proportions), per photos they were practically the same size as the Mirage GR8. The 1973 model (I increased it slightly), and the 1972 model (I left it as it was).

Simple conversions, not perfection, just fun and completing the Le Mans grids, so I hope you all have fun.

Attachments

• livery.png
    livery.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 21
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 16
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 15
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 11
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 11
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 13
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 12
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 15
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 17
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 15
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 16
  • preview.png
    preview.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 11
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 13
  • preview.png
    preview.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 9
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 11
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 11
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 11
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 13
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 10
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 13
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 10
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 10
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 10
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 11
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 8
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 8
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    46 KB · Views: 14
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 14
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 15
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 8
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 9
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 12
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 11
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 14
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 13
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 13
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 9
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 13
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
View attachment 1248346

Hi everyone, just a quick questions: is there any solution to grass popping up on the tarmac?
I 've noticed it several times on many different tracks and here is an example from the Red Bull Ring (Pyyer's 2022 extension)
I haven't looked for a solution yet, but I've seen this on practically every track, including Kunos tracks.
I don't remember seeing this before updating to CSP 0.1.80-p115.

Hello lads.
I have this track that when starting lights go green, all cars start, but suddenly after a few meters, they stop.
They try to go left and stop, what is odd, is that is one car that really start running. Only one.
There is only fast lane inside AI file.
Can someone help with the AI please? As I don't know/remember if I can post the track here, whoever can help me
please can be so kind and PM me?

Thank you.
Hi Paulo. What track are you talking about? Most of the time the reason for this problem is a bad fast-lane.ai. Display the line by activating the in-game app AI_line_helper. Then check the fast-lane which is the purple/violett line. This line should be continous without any zick-zack-pattern at start/finish. When the modder does not drive around the track more than once for recording, this strange problem can appear. If it is that problem the only solution is a new fast-lane.

The only reason why I would understand encryption is for scratch made stuff. Like, fully scratch made. Because it is entirely your's in the first place. If the car/track is a conversion of any other source, legally acquired or not, it's claiming exclusive property, no matter how "good" your content is. Imagine being in a store, buying (legally) a toy and as soon as you buy it, you paint it all red. Now, you claim ownership of all the same toys that are also painted in red. Sounds silly ? Yep.

But I must say, I'm not mad at modders who encrypt their content. I don't understand, but It's their choice. Unpopular opinion maybe, but if I'm mad at someone about encryption, it's for "the one" (or the many) who made it possible in the first place, crushing the spirit of everything I love in modding. I wont blame names or anything, nor here nor to myself, but if the're is a guilty one, this is "him" (maybe Ilja, maybe someone else, hell maybe Kunos themselves, I dunno). Still, glad to see people not encrypting their content at all and keeping that spirit alive.
Well like everything it is 'bustable' from what I've seen on other forums.
Pretty sure some of EASY's recent reg or rex or whatever mods where encrypted but he has managed to 'fix' them and they aren't now encrypted.

This topic comes up A LOT.
It is what it is, option is there and some take it, nothing will change it.
Same as people that think private mods should never be shown in public, it makes no sense.
Modders can do what they like with their mods at the end of the day.
Vast majority of people playing AC are not fiddling behind the scenes like us lot, they are just getting cars and playing the game, they don't care that they can't get into the data files because i guess 80 percent of AC base don't even know how to access it, it isn't on their radar.
Do i care ever that Raceroom is encrypted when i play it?
Do i care that a tree is not green enough?
No because i can't do anything about it.

We here are in a bubble, nothing wrong with that, but i think its easy to assume this thread is some example of the AC player base and I'd guess its not.
Most want a filter they download one, download a car, download a track, download greener trees, download cameras.

They don't care about encryption or private mods.
Encryption was to stop the 20 percent or whatever who mod stuff.
Basically the same bubble we are all in.
Anyone outside of it won't give a damn and that is the ''market' for want of a better word.
Same as VR users, they think there are millions playing AC in VR because the ones who have it are so vocal about it, but barely anyone is using VR compared to screens, no one is going to cater just to VR unless a modder uses VR right.

Bubbles.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

While the 6 hours of Portimao race is ongoing I was looking for the best version of the track on Google and I came across some work done by great GTplanet members a few years ago. Unfortunately all the links I found on the various forum posts are dead / have expired :(

Would someone who has the track be kind of enough to share it again? thanks.

Hi everyone,

released in parallel on RD, here is my new TV camera set for Reboot Team's Mount Panorama Circuit. It's meant to be realistic, so all cameras are positioned behind guardrails and the locations are inspired by real TV footage from the past 35 years.

Note: the camera file goes into content\tracks\rt_bathurst\data and is named to overwrite the first of the 2 default cameras.

If someone from Reboot Team reads this, please feel free to include this camera set in your release going forward.

Cheers,
Valentin

Attachments

• cameras.ini
    19.8 KB · Views: 12
Hi Everyone,

While the 6 hours of Portimao race is ongoing I was looking for the best version of the track on Google and I came across some work done by great GTplanet members a few years ago. Unfortunately all the links I found on the various forum posts are dead / have expired :(

Try this version. I think it's the best at the moment.

Or check the track list by Breathe for other versions.

To anybody that uses the csp traffic mod, is there a way you can select which cars you can use. I wanna drive the Targa Florio but i wanna use like 60-70s cars.

Last edited:

Thing is encrypting prevents the average user from making very simple fixes the og modder was too lazy to make (like LODs for instance). Reason many people don't really mind the likes of vrc or rss encrypting their models is because they're already pretty solid apart from maybe minor nitpicks

and that's not even talking about the absurdity of locking encryption to data.acd (i.e., physics encrypted) especially for race cars because 99.9% of people aren't going to have accurate physics in the first place so it just pointlessly locks out people who know better from going in and making their own personal adjustments

Added a link to the 54 pit addon that works with my version of the track. I don't know who created it, but all credit goes to whoever it was.

Also, for anyone who has the render problem on the straight, could you send me a copy of your CSP preset. I'm hoping maybe it's a CSP setting issue that will allow me to see the problem (since it doesn't happen to me). Maybe I could figure out what it's related to and possibly how to fix it. Thanks...
I already answered this - the problem is connected to SSRL from ExtraFX and only occurs when this has not been enabled in onboard view (which is ON by default).

Hi Everyone,

BTW @Pyyer released some great extensions this weekend (WEC 2022, 2023 and classic F1) for this track.

snip
...Same as VR users, they think there are millions playing AC in VR because the ones who have it are so vocal about it, but barely anyone is using VR compared to screens, no one is going to cater just to VR unless a modder uses VR right.
It's not really about 'catering to VR', it's about not making objectively incorrect decisions and then prohibiting others from correcting them. Last time I checked, drivers still need to actually hold the steering wheel unless the car is self-driving.

I already answered this - the problem is connected to SSRL from ExtraFX and only occurs when this has not been enabled in onboard view (which is ON by default).
Sorry, I missed that. So you are saying it's not related to anything I did then? That's good to know. At least I can stop trying to figure it out. It's odd though that if it's a CSP setting, then why does the original track not exhibit the same problem.
@racinjoe013 here the old style LM start.
Thanks, but I believe the track already has the old school LM start as an optional layout.

It's not really about 'catering to VR', it's about not making objectively incorrect decisions and then prohibiting others from correcting them. Last time I checked, drivers still need to actually hold the steering wheel unless the car is self-driving.
Well no the wider point i was making is we all assume the AC player base is us lot, its not.
A tiny proportion will be going into data files or nicking nicked body shells or wheels or whatever.
The vast majority won't care about encryption but yet it comes up on a cycle every 20 pages or so on here.

It won't go away, it will stay, i wasted far too much energy ages ago saying about the hypocrisy of much of it and no one agreed with me and many turned on me in defence of Ilija at the time.....

Yet here we are.... no one agreeing with me again.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back