Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,097 comments
[HEADER]
VERSION=1 (or 2)

to

[HEADER]
VERSION=extended-1 (or extended-2)

But what does this mean for the physics of the car. What is changed? And what is the difference to cars with baked in extended physics?
That is precisely the problem with CSP. Many things are simply not clear and not properly explained. The extended physics is also a question mark for me. I also knew about the header version, but nobody here can really explain what it all means. It would be good if Ilja could shed some more light on this.

Hey, I've added the sparks extension to Kunos Lotus98T based F1 cars (my vintage seasons).

Works great on ASR cars and this mod actually works with Kunos Lotus 98T but not very well. It requires pretty huge ground contact to get the sparks flowing (i.e Zolder vintage track).

The sparks were the most apparent in the 85, 86 and 87 season cars. But I have a hard time getting them.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sparks-fx.67930/
Has anyone made better sparks extension for these cars?
I made this, it works fine but to be tested more. Ah and it's for the "not much loved F1 mod" around the comunity

:scared:

Screenshot_f1_1986_williams_oesterreichring1979_19-2-124-11-16-5.jpg

shi
North Point v1.4

View attachment 1217911
A fictional circuit.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Fictional track created for Sportscar GT by ISI
Conversion to rFactor by Bud Lucas
Almost completely rebuild by @Zwiss for GTR2
-Thank you for giving me permission (Zwiss)

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Cams and ext_config by @CrisT86
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.3 changelog;
-Fixed many of the normals.
-Spectators are now supported for camera_facing.
-Updated cone, flag, billboard and tree textures.
-Fixed background mapping.
-Added groove.
-Updated VAO-patch.
-Fixed floating objects.
-Changed preview.
-Changed the position of the cones in the pit.
-Changed the texture of the kerb at the entrance to the pit.
-Added cams by CrisT86.
-New ext_config by CrisT86. (Edited by me)
-Added Sections file and logo by Fanapryde.
-Replaced Background.

v1.4 changelog;
-Added GP layout from GTL version.
-Added sideline to AI in Club layout.
-Changed the background to a 3D one.
-Changed flag texture.
-Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
-Updated ext_config.ini.
-Updated VAO-patch.

North Point v1.4
The link is in the quote.

v1.4 changelog;
-Added GP layout from GTL version.
-Added sideline to AI in Club layout.
-Changed the background to a 3D one.
-Changed flag texture.
-Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
-Updated ext_config.ini.
-Updated VAO-patch.
Screenshot_peugeot_306_xs_northpoint_20-1-124-19-55-0.jpg

I made this, it works fine but to be tested more. Ah and it's for the "not much loved F1 mod" around the comunity

:scared:

View attachment 1338447

Thanks man. I love it. I use it on both ASR 1991 and 1992. Works great!!!

There are so many Kunos Lotus98T based mods and I have used this same extension there.

For whatever reason the effect is extremely rare. I can only get them to show up in very heavy bumps.

Could you do it for Lotus98T?

Last edited:
Yes I noticed this yesterday. A few AI cars crashed on lap 1 and as I crossed the finish line to complete lap 1 they were coming back to the race out of the pits.
I guess a fix could be to stop them teleporting back to the pits at all, which could pose problems if they're blocking the track, but it's better than nothing.

I guess a fix could be to stop them teleporting back to the pits at all, which could pose problems if they're blocking the track, but it's better than nothing.
I haven't really noticed but it is the cars that say "retired" that are coming back into the race? The next time I play I'll have to remember to try and see if there are cars in the pitlane that have previously retired.

The biggest problem in the F1 mods has always been the cars that don't retire but leave on the track, crawling 20 km/h.

Or the cars that park in the middle of the track.

Try this...but you have to UNPACK DATA and delete or rename data.acd for Kunos Lotus98t.
Let me know if it works and if you find strange behaviour from AI cars.
I found that this modification, for example, change the behavior off roads; now is more difficult to drive in the sand or in the grass

Attachments

• Lotus98T-sparksFX.zip
    889 bytes · Views: 3
Does anyone have the default ks_brands_hatch ai line files for the gp layout?
I foolishly ‘updated’ them without backing up the originals and they’re now worse than before lol.
I don’t want to verify integrity in Steam to get them back, as that will remove plenty of other changes to the default Kunos content down the years.

I foolishly ‘updated’ them without backing up the originals and they’re now worse than before lol.
I don’t want to verify integrity in Steam to get them back, as that will remove plenty of other changes to the default Kunos content down the years.
Are these the files? If so just remove the .txt at the end.

Attachments

• fast_lane.ai.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • pit_lane.ai.txt
    70.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
anyone else can confirm Z-fighting on the new version of rt_zolder on the big billboard above the start/finish?
Also the asphalt is lighter on the newer version, which does not look better imho...

(I went back to v1.01 from 1.2 because of these issues, I don't find it an improvement over the older version... )

I'm having a very recent problem with the ai cars rejoining the races, after teleporting back to the pits when spinning out/crashing.
In CSP’s ’NEW AI BEHAVIOR’ tab, I have the ‘Get back to the race after going to pits’ box unchecked, but now they’re still leaving the pits.
I’m running CSP version 0.22.

Does anyone else have this problem? :confused:
As a matter of interest is everyone who are having this issue using Sol or Pure?

anyone else can confirm Z-fighting on the new version of rt_zolder on the big billboard above the start/finish?
Also the asphalt is lighter on the newer version, which does not look better imho...

(I went back to v1.01 from 1.2 because of these issues, I don't find it an improvement over the older version... )
Thats strange everything looked good to me especially the billboard above the start/finish it looks fantasic IMHO.
z1.jpg

Here you go...

Attachments

• gp_ai.zip
    394.2 KB · Views: 1

No issues with the billboard, but the asphalt and grass looked better to me in the previous version...

v1.01:
1710875690385.png

v1.2:
1710875712789.png

Last edited:
2003 Ferrari 550 GT1 - Prodrive

Both full season contendants for 2003 ALMS and their 3 car entry in Petit Le Mans.

Enjoy, hope you like it.

Hi! (97).jpg

Can you add your own tags to each car or track? Some mods aren't listed by who made them only the car description and if I could group them by their creators it would help to organize them.

Can you add your own tags to each car or track? Some mods aren't listed by who made them only the car description and if I could group them by their creators it would help to organize them.
Yes, for both cars and tracks. You can fill in the author if it is missing

You can also set up categories in this folder
AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Data (User)\

Tracks are in the Track Categories folder and Cars is Car Categories. I've got my cars set up but haven't organized tracks yet. In my car folder, I have a json file for series

Here are a couple examples

[
{
"name": "F1 - since 2018",
"description": "Formula 1 - since 2018",
"filter": "tag:\\b(Formula 1|Formula Hybrid)\\b & year>2017",
"icon": "Series_F1_2018.png"
},
{
"name": "Le-Mans 24H",
"description": "24 Hours of Le Mans",
"filter": "tag:\\b(LMH|LMP1|LMP2|GTE)\\b | class:\\b(LMH|LMP1|LMP2|GTE)\\b | \\b(LMH|LMP1|LMP2|GTE)\\b",
"icon": "Series_24h-le-mans.png
"
},]

You can use it with specific mod creators too, there probably are already some folders set up. My CM has defaults already set up for that. You can use that as a basis of how to organize whatever you want

Attachments

• 1710880700008.png
    1710880700008.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 4
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back