Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
A little late as this was actually released yesterday, but IER Modding Group have released a beta version of the Corvette Daytona Prototype!

http://acusccmod.weebly.com/blog/corvette-dp-beta-released

Showroom_corvette_dp_hd_27-6-2014-11-11-0.png

That could be a placebo effect, but I think that the overall track layout has been improved! Hatzenbach, Ex - Mühle, Eschbach and Galgenkopf have been improved and are now pretty much spot on! Only turn that still needs a little improvement is the turn after Wehrseifen, that's still too stark, but overall I'm very much satisfied with this update! :)

I agree, way better overall, not to mention 0.9.8 is nearly 10 seconds faster (at least in the Formula Abarth) since so many corners are easier to stay on power. I do love the flow overall now too, it's like the rhythm is back to how I've learned it in every other game (primarily GT4/5/6 though). 0.9.8 still has the character too, I like that (e.g. you must still respect kerbs and such, they can mess you up if you're careless).

But I also understand what MaDHaX was saying, somehow the driving experience was more exciting in 0.9.3 and while the smoother and less randomly bumpy 0.9.8 flows better and is easier to drive, it seems wider too and as Derek Bell's narration over his 1983 lap in the 956 mentioned here and there, "there used to be a big jump but now they've flattened it out and it's not as exciting anymore" LOL. So in making the Nordschleife mod more modern and accurate maybe that's just a side effect... so it's good to have the 0.9.3 version as well if you want it to be rougher and more challenging. Perhaps if 0.9.3 could be updated as a "classic" version which keeps the severe elevation changes/jumps/bumps but merely tweaks the layout of corners so they flow as accurately as 0.9.8? I can dream...

Along those lines I would also love to see a "1975" mod that observes the Nordschleife as it was in the 70s, with the long loop past the front of the pits where the GP circuit is now, then parallel behind the pits to return to the Nordschleife.

The f312 is a lovely beast and a joy to drive :)

Agreed and it sounds awesome... I just need to stop shift locking every time I go for 2nd gear ;)

Last edited:
Idiots, ruining all the fun with that crap.
Kunos is so nice to make the game mod friendly and they use it for illegal conversions.

It's not just AC, conversions and bad exports are rife all over the sim racing community, it's always been an issue. Once you try enough of them though, you'll be able to instantly identify the copy paste tracks.

And it isn't limited to tracks of course. You'd be surprised, a guy will come up with an amazing sound mod he "made" and seasoned modders instantly know what it comes from. For instance we had a guy give us sound samples for our Miata and one of our team members caught it as being taken from Forza.

And also, there are a TON of Forza exported cars, those are so easy to spot, pretty ugly since they seem to be missing some extra sort of mapping as its just a raw mesh. Gotta watch out for those.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to keep these types of mods out, so we just roll with it.

Personally, again that's my own opinion, I'm cool with this, as long as you're of course stating that this is a conversion from this or that game and mention the original author of the sound in the description.
Of course, bad conversions/mods are a spawn of Satan, but I think that the abilities of some of the modders vary quiet a bit.

Still, I'm going to use the mods I'm looking for, regardless of it's origin or quality of it. If I like it, I'm going to keep it, if not it gets uninstalled. You cannot blame some people who don't put seamingly as much effort into something, like you guys, for ruining the modding community or out y'all in a bad light. I think that then it's up to you to really deliver and release an insanely good modification with the proper presentation (photos, in - game footage, etc.) to show that there are also people/groups that try ;)

Last edited:
Personally, again that's my own opinion, I'm cool with this, as long as you're of course stating that this is a conversion from this or that game and mention the original author of the sound in the description.
. . .

Stealing is stealing whether its intellectual property or physical property. You say you're okay with stealing intellectual property as long as its clear its stolen? Are you "cool" with accepting stolen physical property also, as long as you know its stolen?

Last edited:
Stealing is stealing whether its intellectual property or physical property. You say your okay with stealing intellectual property as long as its clear its stolen? Are you "cool" with accepting stolen physical property also, as long as you know its stolen?

To be perfectly honest, I don't care.
I'm not the one stealing in the first place, and if the "author" decides to flag it as it's own creation, then I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. If it turns out to be stolen property, then so be it, then I'm deciding for myself if I want to continue using it or not. I'm not going to let you flag me as the black sheep for this. :rolleyes:

It's not just AC, conversions and bad exports are rife all over the sim racing community, it's always been an issue. Once you try enough of them though, you'll be able to instantly identify the copy paste tracks.

And it isn't limited to tracks of course. You'd be surprised, a guy will come up with an amazing sound mod he "made" and seasoned modders instantly know what it comes from. For instance we had a guy give us sound samples for our Miata and one of our team members caught it as being taken from Forza.

And also, there are a TON of Forza exported cars, those are so easy to spot, pretty ugly since they seem to be missing some extra sort of mapping as its just a raw mesh. Gotta watch out for those.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to keep these types of mods out, so we just roll with it.
Yeah, I know all about that. I painted some Forza cars myself without knowing...
But I find it extreme now with AC, considering how new it is and how small the community still is.
It's shocking and disappointing at the same time.

EDIT:
Where did you read that?
In the thread, in the official forum, including proof.

Of course, bad conversions/mods are a spawn of Satan, but I think that the abilities of some of the modders vary quiet a bit.

Still, I'm going to use the mods I'm looking for, regardless of it's origin or quality of it. If I like it, I'm going to keep it, if not it gets installed. You cannot blame some people who don't put seamingly as much effort into something, like you guys, for ruining the modding community or out y'all in a bad light. I think that then it's up to you to really deliver and release an insanely good modification with the proper presentation (photos, in - game footage, etc.) to show that there are also people/groups that try ;)
That's some of the biggest bull I've read so far regarding that topic.

Well, you and I tend to disagree on a lot of things, G.T.Ace, so that doesn't surprise me at all that you see it that way. But opinion is opinion, eh ;)

You have yours and I have mine.

Well, you and I tend to disagree on a lot of things, G.T.Ace, so that doesn't surprise me at all that you see it that way. But opinion is opinion, eh ;)

You have yours and I have mine.
According to your logic then, the guy who has these kids go out and steal cars and pays them for the cars they steal isn't doing anything wrong, because, according to your logic, he didn't go out and steal them. :rolleyes: Try convincing a juror of your peers you didn't do anything wrong.

I am sorry for the developers if people steal their tracks and put them in in other games. But I must say, I prefer original (copy & paste) tracks more than fan made mods. Tracks from developers are way more accurate than fan made stuff. At least most of the time.

For example that fan made suzuka is grows (in terms of accuracy). And it is still one of the better mods. I would love to see the gran turismo Suzuka version in AC.

You do know that you're actually commiting a crime, right?
Copyrights are there for a reason and downloading copyrighted material like that, is a felony in Germany.

Also, regarding the accuracy: NfS Shift's tracks, like Bathurst and the Nordschleife, are more off than some mod variants out there. GRID's Le Mans isn't as accurate as the 2012 version someone made for rFactor either.

Yahyah i know i know Germany.... Breathing is a crime too there... Bürokratenstaat... Instead of living their own lifes, all they do is looking for faults of others...

I am in Spain and dude they live their lifes... Maybe they have no money but they sure know how to live...

You do know that you're actually commiting a crime, right?
Copyrights are there for a reason and downloading copyrighted material like that, is a felony in Germany.

I do understand copyright stuff and follow it. But, how would I know of, if the track I'm downloading on an arbitrary website is in fact copyrighted by someone else or not? Simple as that, I can't as long as I don't see a proof of it (or if it would be "obvious" as the german law says). And as long as I don't know if it is copyrighted material by someone else or not, I'm not a criminal.
As far as I know, there's no applicable law (here in Germany) right now, which would force me to delete a combination of ONES and ZEROES that I have downloaded on an arbitrary website without knowing if they are copyrighted or not. Even if I'd later learn about that this material was indeed being ripped (copyright infringed) from somewhere else.

We're not living inside the movie "Minority Report"..

Bürokratenstaat...

Zeroed in 👍

I have just bought Assetto last weekend on the 50% off sale. Right now I'm wating for the delivery of a new Graphics Card. Running the game on the CPU internal HD/4000 with 14 fps is not really paying out for me :(

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back