Assetto Corsa Video Thread

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 6,672 comments
Good evening.
I did just upload a new movie, have a look. :)

Just another completely awesome movie from you Mikey. Beautiful work dude. 👍 I was watching another one of your videos after watching this one, of you on Pudsey. Where did you find Pudsey without the barricades/blocks? I'd love to have that version too. Just last night I spent right around 2 hours ripping cars around Pudsey...It's a pain hitting sidewalks and such. :boggled:

Very nice video. 👍 Have you ever turned left at the T intersection at the 2:17 marker? There is an entire set of roads and houses, it's like they were meant to be used in an expansion of this map, but I've never heard of any plans to expand Aspertham. Have you? :( I love those maps driving in European villages and such. One of my favorites is Hradek/Liptakov (Freeroam) - It needs a lot of work still, but it's a huge map...a very ambitious project.

I´m quite pleased with the progress of the AI since the game was out, I for one can have decent fun racing them, and to show how they can be enjoyable I got this together:

I'm with you on this. I know that there definitely are issues with the AI. And I'm not talking about an occasional glitch here or there. There are issues Stefano says he's doing everything he can to fix. However, I must have some of the greatest luck because when I race the AI or do a trackday, which is more common for me, I have very few incidents, if I have any at all. This is single make & multiple vehicles in the same class and running different classes altogether.

Thanks for your kind words.

Regarding that Pudsey-track, its not my track, just to be clear, ill see if i can find it for you.
If not, maybe i can upload it myself.

Regards.
/Mikey

Just another completely awesome movie from you Mikey. Beautiful work dude. 👍 I was watching another one of your videos after watching this one, of you on Pudsey. Where did you find Pudsey without the barricades/blocks? I'd love to have that version too. Just last night I spent right around 2 hours ripping cars around Pudsey...It's a pain hitting sidewalks and such. :boggled:

I´m quite pleased with the progress of the AI since the game was out, I for one can have decent fun racing them, and to show how they can be enjoyable I got this together:

Occasionally, you get an OK race, but IMO, the AI have a different physics model to our cars...

6'14... AI runs off track, 2 wheels in the gravel, yet miraculously swerves straight back on to the track with no loss of speed :lol:

Interesting how the AI are particularly fast on some tracks (Imola), yet really slow on others (Spa), and that they are very slow through some sections of some tracks, yet super fast on other parts.

Using Mugello as an example... they are absolutely rubbish in to turn 1 (braking way too early, then running wide on the exit which makes them brake suddenly to avoid thee outside kerb)... they are also slow through the section mid lap - the 2 super fast rights. Yet they absolutely rocket out of the final turn like they have NOS and 100% grip :lol:

The sticking out on the outside thing is OK up to a point... but when you're >90% past, and they are still on full throttle half on the grass trying to hang on, and they punt you in the process of forcing their way back on to their ideal line, it's massively frustrating.

Most of the time I think the AI is just rubbish.

Occasionally, you get an OK race, but IMO, the AI have a different physics model to our cars...

6'14... AI runs off track, 2 wheels in the gravel, yet miraculously swerves straight back on to the track with no loss of speed :lol:

Interesting how the AI are particularly fast on some tracks (Imola), yet really slow on others (Spa), and that they are very slow through some sections of some tracks, yet super fast on other parts.

Using Mugello as an example... they are absolutely rubbish in to turn 1 (braking way too early, then running wide on the exit which makes them brake suddenly to avoid thee outside kerb)... they are also slow through the section mid lap - the 2 super fast rights. Yet they absolutely rocket out of the final turn like they have NOS and 100% grip :lol:

The sticking out on the outside thing is OK up to a point... but when you're >90% past, and they are still on full throttle half on the grass trying to hang on, and they punt you in the process of forcing their way back on to their ideal line, it's massively frustrating.

I understand your frustration with the super-human abilities of the AI drivers on occasion. It drives me bonkers too - especially when I should have over taken him, or I wouldn't have crashed if it weren't for him being in spot he shouldn't have been in the first place. :mad: Stefano and Aristotelis have both claimed repeatedly that the AI drivers on the "same physics" as we are. I do believe we are on the same physics engine. 100% I believe that. However, I think when cars are driven by the AI their car's data improves somehow.

Here's why I feel the way I do...

Every vehicle in Assetto Corsa has a file called "ai.ini". Even modder created cars, otherwise the AI couldn't drive 'em. Here is the ai.ini file for the Corvette Stingray:
Code:
[HEADER]
VERSION=3

[GEARS]
UP=6500
DOWN=3500
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.05
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.270

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=4.0
BRAKE_HINT=1.03
TRAIL_HINT=1

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=1.84

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=21
SPEED_GAIN=0.16
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=0

[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.2
[PHYSICS_HINTS]
AERO_HINT=1
See the parameter [ULTRA_GRIP] VALUE=1.2? I'm not certain, but I'm guessing that means the AI drivers in the Corvette Stingray can have up to 120% of the "grip" that we would have if we were in the same car, with the same setup/tires and the same exact velocity, with the same load forces on each tire, same slip angle,etc...Like some of the other parameters in AC, I'm assuming 0.9=90%, 1.0=100%, etc... Therefore, 1.2=120%.

Don't worry about that [PHYSICS_HINTS]AERO_HINT=1...I don't think it has anything to do with an aerodynamic cheat of any kind. I say that because many other parameters in AC work with 1 meaning ON and 0 meaning OFF. So, I think sometimes they represent ON or OFF (1 or 0) See above in the [PEDALS] parameter? TRAIL_HINT=1 but then, BRAKE_HINT=1.03 -- maybe I'm wrong, but based on the vast amount I've done I've obviously formed some opinions and theories on what certain things mean.

Now, on every track there is a file in the there are a couple of files "ideal_line.ai" and "fast_lane.ai". I'm pretty sure ideal line is for people who want to see a driving line to help them learn the track and I think fast_lane.ai is the line AI drivers try to follow as it's supposed to be a very good racing line. On the PC we can actually make new versions of these files. There is an on-track tool we can use and some people feel they've improved AI performance from this new racing line and will share them with the community.

More importantly, there is a file with every track called "ai_hints.ini". Here is the ai_hints.ini file for Red Bull Ring:
Code:
[HINT_0]
START=0.290
END=0.300
VALUE=0.90

[HINT_1]
START=0.590
END=0.630
VALUE=0.93

[BRAKEHINT_10]
START=0.550
END=0.630
VALUE=0.8
I don't know all that much about track data files compared to car data files, but I think what this file does is gives directions to the AI drivers, what to do at certain points along the track. I'm not positive, but I think START= & END= are something to do with position/location along the track (entire track or sector, I don't know). For instance, I think that [BRAKEHINT_10] is telling the AI drivers to brake at 0.550 with a braking level of 80% and then stop braking at 0.630 (?!), whatever the heck that means...It can't mean percentage of the track otherwise the AI has just been braking at 80% for almost 10% of the track length. :lol:

There are a few other AI related data parameters throughout the rest of the car's data folders, but I've never given them very much thought. So, what did we learn today? Well, not much... :lol: Just some information on what or how the AI car is instructed throughout the lap.

Personally, I think it's the extra grip parameter that gives them the ability to pull off some incredible manuevers on the race track, but like everything else in AC, I don't think there is that one single parameter that tells the whole story. There also is probably compiled code that I can't read specifically for the AI, however, I think the way physics are calculated are the same for you and AI drivers. I just think that they get an edge...almost like you having to race me -- same car but you have to drive with 90s Street Tires while I get GT3 Medium slicks. Visually, the tires will look the same on track, but I should end up with much better performance from my vehicle than you will with yours. That's probably a bad way to explain it, but I'm sure you'll get the point I was trying to make.

It seems like not very many people post racing videos, and I can't remember seeing a video of the Shelby Cobra (top 3 favourite cars of mine), so I'm posting this race cause it was fun.

Im using the oculus Rift and the nvidia screen capture to save these vids, but it does crop the picture quite a bit compared to what I see, but it's better than nothing.
This is the first video I have used Handbrake to downsize the file which makes it feasible for me to upload vids a lot quicker now, so I'll be more motivated to post more now!

I understand your frustration with the super-human abilities of the AI drivers on occasion. It drives me bonkers too - especially when I should have over taken him, or I wouldn't have crashed if it weren't for him being in spot he shouldn't have been in the first place. :mad: Stefano and Aristotelis have both claimed repeatedly that the AI drivers on the "same physics" as we are. I do believe we are on the same physics engine. 100% I believe that. However, I think when cars are driven by the AI their car's data improves somehow.

Every vehicle in Assetto Corsa has a file called "ai.ini". Even modder created cars, otherwise the AI couldn't drive 'em. Here is the ai.ini file for the Corvette Stingray:
Code:
[HEADER]
VERSION=3

[GEARS]
UP=6500
DOWN=3500
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.05
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.270

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=4.0
BRAKE_HINT=1.03
TRAIL_HINT=1

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=1.84

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=21
SPEED_GAIN=0.16
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=0

[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.2
[PHYSICS_HINTS]
AERO_HINT=1
See the parameter [ULTRA_GRIP] VALUE=1.2? I'm not certain, but I'm guessing that means the AI drivers in the Corvette Stingray can have up to 120% of the "grip" that we would have if we were in the same car, with the same setup/tires and the same exact velocity, with the same load forces on each tire, same slip angle,etc...Like some of the other parameters in AC, I'm assuming 0.9=90%, 1.0=100%, etc... Therefore, 1.2=120%.

Don't worry about that [PHYSICS_HINTS]AERO_HINT=1...I don't think it has anything to do with an aerodynamic cheat of any kind. I say that because many other parameters in AC work with 1 meaning ON and 0 meaning OFF. So, I think sometimes they represent ON or OFF (1 or 0) See above in the [PEDALS] parameter? TRAIL_HINT=1 but then, BRAKE_HINT=1.03 -- maybe I'm wrong, but based on the vast amount I've done I've obviously formed some opinions and theories on what certain things mean.

Now, on every track there is a file in the there are a couple of files "ideal_line.ai" and "fast_lane.ai". I'm pretty sure ideal line is for people who want to see a driving line to help them learn the track and I think fast_lane.ai is the line AI drivers try to follow as it's supposed to be a very good racing line. On the PC we can actually make new versions of these files. There is an on-track tool we can use and some people feel they've improved AI performance from this new racing line and will share them with the community.

More importantly, there is a file with every track called "ai_hints.ini". Here is the ai_hints.ini file for Red Bull Ring:
Code:
[HINT_0]
START=0.290
END=0.300
VALUE=0.90

[HINT_1]
START=0.590
END=0.630
VALUE=0.93

[BRAKEHINT_10]
START=0.550
END=0.630
VALUE=0.8
I don't know all that much about track data files compared to car data files, but I think what this file does is gives directions to the AI drivers, what to do at certain points along the track. I'm not positive, but I think START= & END= are something to do with position/location along the track (entire track or sector, I don't know). For instance, I think that [BRAKEHINT_10] is telling the AI drivers to brake at 0.550 with a braking level of 80% and then stop braking at 0.630 (?!), whatever the heck that means...It can't mean percentage of the track otherwise the AI has just been braking at 80% for almost 10% of the track length. :lol:

There are a few other AI related data parameters throughout the rest of the car's data folders, but I've never given them very much thought. So, what did we learn today? Well, not much... :lol: Just some information on what or how the AI car is instructed throughout the lap.

Personally, I think it's the extra grip parameter that gives them the ability to pull off some incredible manuevers on the race track, but like everything else in AC, I don't think there is that one single parameter that tells the whole story. There also is probably compiled code that I can't read specifically for the AI, however, I think the way physics are calculated are the same for you and AI drivers. I just think that they get an edge...almost like you having to race me -- same car but you have to drive with 90s Street Tires while I get GT3 Medium slicks. Visually, the tires will look the same on track, but I should end up with much better performance from my vehicle than you will with yours. That's probably a bad way to explain it, but I'm sure you'll get the point I was trying to make.

Thanks for the insights 👍 Ultra grip :lol::lol:

I've started the career section, so the AI is particularly front of mind at the moment.

Left Right side driver position is so weird.
FTFY

On a more serious note, AC was the first driving game in which driving at "the wrong side" actually messed with my mind. I remember when the Japanese pack arrived that my brain really had a hard time to adjust to some cars in it (the RX-7 comes to mind).

I wonder if this part of it being a great driving simulator as well. ;)

Very nice video. 👍 Have you ever turned left at the T intersection at the 2:17 marker? There is an entire set of roads and houses, it's like they were meant to be used in an expansion of this map, but I've never heard of any plans to expand Aspertham. Have you? :( I love those maps driving in European villages and such. One of my favorites is Hradek/Liptakov (Freeroam) - It needs a lot of work still, but it's a huge map...a very ambitious project.

I'm from Bavaria :D, driving every Day on this kind of Roads and Villages. This Map is like i'm driving in front of my door :D

It seems like not very many people post racing videos, and I can't remember seeing a video of the Shelby Cobra (top 3 favourite cars of mine), so I'm posting this race cause it was fun.

Im using the oculus Rift and the nvidia screen capture to save these vids, but it does crop the picture quite a bit compared to what I see, but it's better than nothing.
This is the first video I have used Handbrake to downsize the file which makes it feasible for me to upload vids a lot quicker now, so I'll be more motivated to post more now!

Nice race. Funny that I was just responding to a PM from Berniyh on the official forums and I see his name listed as the winner of your race. :lol:

FTFY
On a more serious note, AC was the first driving game in which driving at "the wrong side" actually messed with my mind. I remember when the Japanese pack arrived that my brain really had a hard time to adjust to some cars in it (the RX-7 comes to mind).

I wonder if this part of it being a great driving simulator as well. ;)
Ugh...That post reminded me of a guy on the official forums this week. He posted something like "Tire Model 10 bad" as his title and his message read, "Please return version 9 of the tires. No more sensation in the corners. Version 10 is bad. You took away my drug. How do I get back to version 9 ?" There never was a TM9, I'm sure he meant TM7.

So, people are asking him to be specific, maybe he is experiencing a problem but you have to be more specific than "I hate it. Replace it." His response was "I have more than 20 years of driving license. I drive a large car on a circuit. I repeat that your version 10 is bad. I have even been overpowered today. Driving my own car under the rain. Because of the reactions I had on your games. I was afraid my car would pick up. While I did not even drive fast. Really the game is not realistic. And even makes me sneak up bad reflex in real life. Your version 10 is bad and dangerous !!!"

Someone suggested he post a video so maybe we can figure out what he's talking about and so upset about. He didn't feel like doing that. "You brought me bad reflex and feel with your version 10. I'm not going to play video, it's so obvious that you should realize it all on your own. This is really bad and dangerous for everyone in real condition."

It'd be one thing if he was trying to make a rational argument like, "Hey. I hate TM10 because I'm pulling 1.2 lateral G in my Alfa Romeo GTA. What gives? That's crazy wrong...Oh, and even it's longitudinal grip is off compared to the last TM...What's going on? This does not feel right at all.." No, he just acted the fool.

His final post read, "When you go to kill one of your friends in the car in real life because of the other bad reflexes you have learned in the game. Will not come crying ..." The thread was locked just a few posts later.

So, @35mm you're not alone...There is someone, somewhere out on the roads right now running over people because after 20 years of driving experience Assetto Corsa has turned him into a travelling death machine!" Could you imagine what Grand Theft Auto must be doing to people? :D

Code:
[HEADER]
VERSION=3

[GEARS]
UP=6500
DOWN=3500
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.05
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.270

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=4.0
BRAKE_HINT=1.03
TRAIL_HINT=1

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=1.84

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=21
SPEED_GAIN=0.16
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=0

[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.2
[PHYSICS_HINTS]
AERO_HINT=1

Code:
[HINT_0]
START=0.290
END=0.300
VALUE=0.90

[HINT_1]
START=0.590
END=0.630
VALUE=0.93

[BRAKEHINT_10]
START=0.550
END=0.630
VALUE=0.8

This to me was pretty evident in the update that made the AI less aggressive and annoying. You could not ram AI off track before because of their grip multuplyer when getting nocked off course, now you can but you can easily see the grip multiplyer kicking in as it is still far too high. I hope this is sorted for the next console update.

Last edited:
I ran a 10 lap race around 1960s Hockenheim GP with the Porsche 935/78 early this morning. I had the AI strength settings turned down a bit - I wasn't looking for a great race experience, but rather I wanted to see how this car would do on this race track, in traffic, with the two high-speed sections. As I suspected, you have to strategize with this car due to the fact that brake temps are enabled. I was running some hotlaps in her before the race and I was experiencing some serious brake fade if I was really hard on the brakes. SideKick will display the actual brake temps so I know I was asking too much from these brakes and had to adjust braking points accordingly.

Anyway something funny happened at the end of the race. AI driver is in the lead red Momo car. I'm right behind him and I glanced at my cellphone which illuminated from an incoming message. I think the AI driver ended up alright though. :lol:

Hello GTP Community! :)

I'm back with a brand new video! (AE86 Initial-D PS4 tribute being my last one)

So for today we have a short Online Racing Mix-Up captured entirely on the PS4 using a DS4 pad and put together in ShareFactory! :D

Hope you like it:

Best regards

Note: the 1st two clips are simply there to enjoy the glorious RB26 ;)

Last edited:
Back