Assetto Corsa Video Thread

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 6,691 comments

This video starts at the end of the second lap of the race, when I spin and lose all my hopes of getting near the front pack.

Fortunately, another driver appears from behind, and this is the start of a great battle for that 3rd place, which lasted the whole race.

The driving isn't great in this video, but it's a good example of why you shouldn't give up the moment you spin. Awesome race.

Assetto Corsa | 2017 Porsche 911 RSR @ Sebring

Very nice driving. 👍 Watching your replay, bother inside the car and outside, it didn't really look bumpy except in a few places. I haven't driven Sebring in quite a while because it was way too bumpy for me to enjoy. I know there is someone working on Sebring. Are you familiar with that "Reboot Project" of famous tracks?

Well... 40 hours work. Hopefully worth it...

I know you put a lot of work into this, so I'm going to hold off watching it until I can give 100% attention to your Hypercar Showdown. 👍

This video starts at the end of the second lap of the race, when I spin and lose all my hopes of getting near the front pack.

Fortunately, another driver appears from behind, and this is the start of a great battle for that 3rd place, which lasted the whole race.

The driving isn't great in this video, but it's a good example of why you shouldn't give up the moment you spin. Awesome race.

Great video! 👍 I watched it all...

Your spin that started the video. Ugh... I've had so many of those. Uh-oh! Oversteering...need to countersteer...tires decide to bite and now i'm spinning the other way...FANTASTIC!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So, he made a nice run out of that corner and overtook you. I rewatched him lose it on the Corner #1 entry several times. I can't tell exactly what he was doing. I'm guessing he hit the brakes too late from looking in the rear view to see what you were up to. I can't figure out why he would lose his rear-end like that. :confused: You must have been so psyched to take the lead over him so quickly. That freakin' sand has gotten me in the exact same spot so many times.

I think it was good racecraft on your part when he slid off a little bit on that downhill right after you went into the sand. You possibly could have pushed the issue and got him on the outside but the risk was way more the reward would have been as you would have been in bad position for the next double right-handers if you guys were side-by-side or even if you had half a car length. Plus, you never know if he's going to lift for a split second to admit defeat from his mistake and let you overtake...if he turned into you even a slight tap you would have spun because it was downhill. So, I think you made a very wise choice there.

On lap 5 when he got squirrely and you took the lead back I was so afraid you might carry too much speed into that right-hander coming right up and understeer like a mofo...very nice driving on your part. I was so surprised how quickly he was able to get back on it and start making a move on your right. Two questions: 1) Did you go wide on purpose to close that door on him? It was a perfect move on your part. 2) Did he bump you there? That would have totally sucked if he spun you after the nice charge you made on Lap 5.

I rewatched him lose it on the Corner #1 (...). I can't figure out why he would lose his rear-end like that. :confused:
My guess is that either his brake bias was too much to the rear wheels or they locked-up due to the lack of rev-matching in a downshift.

I think it was good racecraft on your part when he slid off a little bit on that downhill right after you went into the sand. You possibly could have pushed the issue and got him on the outside but the risk was way more the reward would have been as you would have been in bad position for the next double right-handers if you guys were side-by-side or even if you had half a car length. Plus, you never know if he's going to lift for a split second to admit defeat from his mistake and let you overtake...if he turned into you even a slight tap you would have spun because it was downhill. So, I think you made a very wise choice there.
All of what you're describing came to mind in that split-second decision. 👍

Two questions: 1) Did you go wide on purpose to close that door on him? It was a perfect move on your part. 2) Did he bump you there? That would have totally sucked if he spun you after the nice charge you made on Lap 5.
1) Was it that obvious!? :lol: :mischievous:

2) He did, but I'm pretty sure he never meant to throw me out - he just saw an opportunity and tried to go for it, especially being so close to the end of the race.
He was a good sport himself. 👍

You really watch it all carefully and interpreted correctly all the important moments. You'd be good race official. 👍

Very nice driving. 👍 Watching your replay, bother inside the car and outside, it didn't really look bumpy except in a few places. I haven't driven Sebring in quite a while because it was way too bumpy for me to enjoy. I know there is someone working on Sebring. Are you familiar with that "Reboot Project" of famous tracks?

Thx :)

Nope sry. I would like to see an new and more acurate Sebring track :)

@35mm It truly was a good video...I thoroughly enjoyed it. The back and forth right away really sucked me in. I admit I was getting rather worked up as Lap 5 progressed. I kept thinking, "Come on! Get this guy!!" :D :lol: I think that you going wide was a brilliant move. You knew immediately that was his only move and closing the door on him there would increase your odds for a finish before him - the U-turn corner coming up next and the quick chicane aren't really passing opportunities, so that worked in your favor. I have to admit, when you came to the final turn, the big sweeping left I started thinking, "Oh lord...Don't let this video end the way it started." :lol: 👍:cheers:

Well... 40 hours work. Hopefully worth it...

Magnificent video. :bowdown: Very professional. There's no question whether a lot of time was put into creating this - after 3 minutes you'll know there was. I really enjoyed your comments & analysis of the the vehicles. I'm feeling a little bit better about myself because many of the comments you made reflected my own thoughts on some of the cars. Now I know I'm not nuts. :D

Thanks for the great video!

Magnificent video. :bowdown: Very professional. There's no question whether a lot of time was put into creating this - after 3 minutes you'll know there was. I really enjoyed your comments & analysis of the the vehicles. I'm feeling a little bit better about myself because many of the comments you made reflected my own thoughts on some of the cars. Now I know I'm not nuts. :D

Thanks for the great video!

Thank you very much. I am glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully if things work out I'll be able to make more of that sort of video. And hey, how do you know that you didn't watch the opinions of a nut?

Thank you very much. I am glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully if things work out I'll be able to make more of that sort of video. And hey, how do you know that you didn't watch the opinions of a nut?
Hmmmm...You make an excellent point. Does your toaster talk to you? Does it give you instructions and sometimes tell you to burn things? If so, then we're on the same wavelength and I know I'm not crazy. My toaster even said I'm not. I like it when the red water comes out...

Hmmmm...You make an excellent point. Does your toaster talk to you? Does it give you instructions and sometimes tell you to burn things? If so, then we're on the same wavelength and I know I'm not crazy. My toaster even said I'm not. I like it when the red water comes out...

Sadly my toaster and I have relationship issues. It has burnt the bridges. And my bread.

Another online trackday at the Nordschleife, this time a battle of Lotus.

If that 240 was a bit faster on the straights I wouldn't have stand a chance... It's a great machine and its driver was very good, too.

Also, this was my first time trying this Series 3 Exige. Not as raw and fun as the Series 2, but a nice car nonetheless.

Porsche 911 RSR 2017 at Red Bull Ring GP. "Fast" conditions with 98% grip, setup this time is completely by default for a personal test. Even TCS setting, which by default is 3/11 and is too much intrusive in my opinion.

Hope you enjoy.

@Flaren89 You know that Assetto Corsa does things backwards compared to other sims, right? The 3/11 setting means it should give you kind of a lot of Traction Control. 1/11 would be the most Traction Control. 11/11 would be almost no Traction Control at all.

Ariel Atom v8 for the pc

Nice video. Tajo is a gorgeous track. That Ariel Atom is one of the most beautiful mod cars I've ever seen. Yes, it's not as complex as a typical car on the inside, but what it does it does extremely well. May I ask you a question, please? Do you left foot brake when you drive?

@Flaren89 You know that Assetto Corsa does things backwards compared to other sims, right? The 3/11 setting means it should give you kind of a lot of Traction Control. 1/11 would be the most Traction Control. 11/11 would be almost no Traction Control at all.
Yep I know. This is why I said it was intrusive. But I also said that I used a COMPLETELY default setup, which has 3/11 setting on TCS. 6 or 7 should have been a good comprimise between safety and freedom.

Yep I know. This is why I said it was intrusive. But I also said that I used a COMPLETELY default setup, which has 3/11 setting on TCS. 6 or 7 should have been a good comprimise between safety and freedom.
Yeah...I gotcha now. I don't know why they set it up like that. Are real race cars like that? I've never had the opportunity to hop inside a Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 :grumpy: or anything similar. :sly:

Nice video. Tajo is a gorgeous track. That Ariel Atom is one of the most beautiful mod cars I've ever seen. Yes, it's not as complex as a typical car on the inside, but what it does it does extremely well. May I ask you a question, please? Do you left foot brake when you drive?
Yes, but this car doesnt have a clutch

Back