Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo – Unveiled 27/06/14.

  • Thread starter Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 396 comments
  • 44,915 views
Nice car
 
There's a curious amount of environmental detail in the final scene of the "Visualization" trailer. Is that Silverstone?



View attachment 177267


Was that trailer made by Aston Martin or Polyphony? The smoke effects are very different to GT's.
 
It almost reminds me of the Ford GT Concept.
View attachment 176342
I came here to post this and seen you have already done so. Not impressed Aston Martin, I think the Ford GT90 looks better. The overall design looks more unified.

Or in other words, I just don't like it. (But I'm sure it'll grow on me) Two-tone's is awesome though, I'm gonna end up with a bunch of them. :p

Oh, those taillights! :drool: (See, it's already starting to grow on me!) Headlights still ugly though. :yuck:
 
Ford is going a bit far. First taking the Aston Martin grille to use on Fords and now making Aston Martins look like Fords :lol:
 
WINING ASTON!!!.jpg

I want in this colour... now.

And also, GT90 anyone?
 
Doesn't looks bad, but being called "DP" would be better with a racing wing and some decals on the side.

Pixels I suppose.
DP = Design Prototype ;)
 
I didn't realise Aston Martin made an actual car. I could see this in a few years being a replacement for the One-77.
 
Great design!
PD, what about an offline championship like the red bull ones? And for the others VGTs?
That's what I've been thinking about for a while, once all the VGTs are out they could release a big offline racing section with championships and challenges for each car, line them up around L'hemisferic like in the trailer and add in a trophy pack as they did with the Senna content. It would add a lot of length to the offline modes, give completionists something to do and be a lot of fun.
 
The similarities between this and the GT90 has been beaten to a pulp.
 
I personally love this car, it really surprised me given the Transformers-esque cars we've been getting.

It gives off a sort of gritty Group C vibe if you ask me, really really looks like it could be produced. I'd like to see what one would look like if given the Citroen GT Racecar treatment.
 
Already trying to figure out what shade of silver/grey/blue to paint it. Looks good in orange & white though!
 
Already trying to figure out what shade of silver/grey/blue to paint it.

If it can be painted. It's unknown at the moment if it will be and judging by the massive range of colour choice it is unlikely it will be paintable.
 
According to one of the designers I spoke to at Goodwood yesterday, it took 6 people 6 months to create - out of hours. I really like the car, the rear end is gorgeous up close and the amount of attention this car got was unreal.
 
If it can be painted. It's unknown at the moment if it will be and judging by the massive range of colour choice it is unlikely it will be paintable.
Various combinations...(1 million $ each car )...grind, grind, grind...
 
If it can be painted. It's unknown at the moment if it will be and judging by the massive range of colour choice it is unlikely it will be paintable.
I'm guessing it will work the same way as the Veyron; a very large variety of two-tone colour schemes, or the ability to paint it one colour.
 
I'm guessing it will work the same way as the Veyron; a very large variety of two-tone colour schemes, or the ability to paint it one colour.

Yes, if it is paintable.
 
I'm guessing it will work the same way as the Veyron; a very large variety of two-tone colour schemes, or the ability to paint it one colour.
Yes, and I want all of them...:lol:
 
The GT90 only has 2 features in common with this car I think its a huge stretch to compare the two.
It has tiny square headlights and a vaguely similar windsheild.
 
The GT90 only has 2 features in common with this car I think its a huge stretch to compare the two.
It has tiny square headlights and a vaguely similar windsheild.
Oh, finally grog, a man with common sense. 👍
 
There's something about those headlights that I find really cool and refreshing. The whole car looks bigger, more powerful and more imposing without the big 'angry eyes' style light clusters you find on cars like LaFerrari.

I also desperately hope that it can be purchased in the dark green with the neon stripes, although the images of it in that colour look more like concept images than those of the final model, so I doubt it.
 
When do people think we'll get the car? And same with Nissans
 
The Nissan is most likely to get here first.
 
Anyone see the new post about this on the Good Wood news today? They're saying it makes 800ps with means around 788 horsepower. Finally a VGT with some real power to play with(aside from the 1st upgraded).
 
Back