Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo – Unveiled 27/06/14.

  • Thread starter Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 396 comments
  • 44,915 views
So is the original Mercedes the odd one out @Swagger897 ?
No... Pretty much all of them are bland...

None have a Ferrari 250 look to them.
They all look like Ford Taurus Sho's in matte yellow (which isn't a bad car really..).
 
No... Pretty much all of them are bland...

None have a Ferrari 250 look to them.
They all look like Ford Taurus Sho's in matte yellow (which isn't a bad car really..).

I think the Merc is nearly a chrome finish it's that shiny.

And the 250 GTO looks quite flat in my opinion.
 
Very nice!! Can't wait to have it in the game! Although it hurts to see that interior shot knowing that's all we'll get of it & it won't be in game.. :( PD please consider outsourcing some of your modeling work. I'd rather have something than an all black matte on my screen.
 
These VGT concepts are starting to look the same, I enjoyed the VW one and thought it was nice to drive but this and the Nissan are not doing it for me, I'm glad they didn't waste time modeling an interior.
 
These VGT concepts are starting to look the same, I enjoyed the VW one and thought it was nice to drive but this and the Nissan are not doing it for me, I'm glad they didn't waste time modeling an interior.

I think this one looks radically different from the rest.

Yes, it has a typical concept car look to it - reminds me a bit of the Dualnote - but in terms of the VGT's it's certainly the most radically different from the rest.

I think the VW looks rather tame in the futuristic front - these cars are meant to be cars of the future so it would make sense for the Merc, Nissan and Aston to look like spaceships.
 
I'm sorry to offend anyone but that car looks but ugly. The main issue is the paint does not reflect enough light, rather than taking it all in. It's not gloss enough, which would help it significantly IMO.

I think that's a common problem with the VGT's, is that literally next to no light is shown to reflect from the paint... Which makes them look like they should be in the PS2 age..

This white is a bit reflective. But the sky and the space doesn't help. The sky looks overcasted and the walls are white as well. But if you look closely you'll see reflections.

And I bet that seeing live is an entire different thing than viewing it on a monitor.

BTW, have you seen the other shots? There are quite a few colors to chose from and some are very metalic.
 
BTW, have you seen the other shots? There are quite a few colors to chose from and some are very metalic.

Like this one ?

i1w4HiE6q5WbmuH.jpg


There looks to be lots of different colour variations, there should be something to keep everyone happy if we can't paint it.
 
It's purdy...sounds great too
 
This white is a bit reflective. But the sky and the space doesn't help. The sky looks overcasted and the walls are white as well. But if you look closely you'll see reflections.

And I bet that seeing live is an entire different thing than viewing it on a monitor.

BTW, have you seen the other shots? There are quite a few colors to chose from and some are very metalic.
Yeah, I've been looking over all the news lists and the purple/gulf livery is probably the best so far.

I think the Merc is nearly a chrome finish it's that shiny.

And the 250 GTO looks quite flat in my opinion.
Ahh guess I had a wrong picture in my mind..
Here is what I was thinking of in pretty much the exact same situation..
image.jpg
 
I think this one looks radically different from the rest.

Yes, it has a typical concept car look to it - reminds me a bit of the Dualnote - but in terms of the VGT's it's certainly the most radically different from the rest.

I think the VW looks rather tame in the futuristic front - these cars are meant to be cars of the future so it would make sense for the Merc, Nissan and Aston to look like spaceships.

Yeah I see your point, but it gets tiring for me seeing them have that basic space ship look, would trade all of them for actual cars to be honest.
 
That is so COOL!!! :D Anyone else amazed at how the VGTs are coming to life? :)
 
Yeah I see your point, but it gets tiring for me seeing them have that basic space ship look, would trade all of them for actual cars to be honest.
What do you expect from a car thats basically pays homage to the largely forgotten '70s DP- that looks like spaceship.
 
>we have over 30 cars that are going to be involved in that project and that was to be included in a year's time.

OVER 30? STILL?

THANK YOU BASED KAZ FOR VGT.
 
This is a real masterpiece. After the last 3 ugly VGT cars from Mitsubishi, Volkswagen and Nissan, the Aston Martin is like a fresh breeze in hot summer. Can't wait to see it in full HD.
I hope we will also get the interior...
 
>we have over 30 cars that are going to be involved in that project and that was to be included in a year's time.

OVER 30? STILL?

THANK YOU BASED KAZ FOR VGT.
One VGT/month

Which means we still have the human drama 2 and the half years onwards.
 
Am I the only one who doesn't like this? The headlights are too small and it looks like something from Courage the Cowardly Dog.
 
Am I the only one who doesn't like this? The headlights are too small and it looks like something from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Quite a reversal then from the Nissan VGT - everyone (at least it felt like that) said it was ugly - now everyone (pretty much) say this is beautiful.

Interesting.
 
Quite a reversal then from the Nissan VGT - everyone (at least it felt like that) said it was ugly - now everyone (pretty much) say this is beautiful.

Interesting.
I think the Nissan VGT is OK in the front, but terrible in the back. The Aston is OK in the back, but terrible in the front.
 
Not a big fan of the front, but the side and rear look great.
 
Back