Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

So, I loaded this up a few days ago, after not playing it in over a month, and I can't steer right.

Im using a fanatec dd1 and formula v2 wheel. Csp v3 pedals.

I have tried to reassign the steering axis and it will recognize left inputs, but not right.

Tried restarting the game and wheel, no help.

Any suggestions?

So, I loaded this up a few days ago, after not playing it in over a month, and I can't steer right.

Im using a fanatec dd1 and formula v2 wheel. Csp v3 pedals.

I have tried to reassign the steering axis and it will recognize left inputs, but not right.

Tried restarting the game and wheel, no help.

Any suggestions?

Try custom settings.

Go to "Control Scheme" and select "Type"=Wheel, "Make=Custom", "Pedal Type" = Separate. Choose "Calibrate Wheel"

Sim acts funny with DD wheels sometimes. Had issues initially setting up Simucube 2 pro.

Try custom settings.

Go to "Control Scheme" and select "Type"=Wheel, "Make=Custom", "Pedal Type" = Separate. Choose "Calibrate Wheel"

Sim acts funny with DD wheels sometimes. Had issues initially setting up Simucube 2 pro.

Thanks for the input! I'll give it a try in the morning.

Yea its a bit weird in that SMS engine with the controls... It has to be a custom profile and in the right order as explained above...

It's on sale on Steam. But I'm still not convinced that it is worth getting.

Same here. It's AUD 150 with the discount now, when most new AAA games retail at $100 (deluxe edition with season pass etc). Seems like the official licenses cost a lot more than Reiza anticipated, and there's not enough player numbers to bring the price down like the other more popular sims.

It looks good and honestly I want to try it, but so far I'm not seeing anything new that wows me that I can't already do with AC/ACC/AMS.

My thoughts on the update.

ss232652.jpg

ss232839.jpg

ss233604.jpg

Waiting for the low riders dlc, the bouncing is already spot on, best bouncing simulation ever.:D:D:D
tenor.gif
Indeed....this is one of the main things that is really putting me off from put any real amount of time in this game. What gives and how can the game makers not understand that this is not right. Besides that menus are fairly generic and game overall buggy from my point of view.

Indeed....this is one of the main things that is really putting me off from put any real amount of time in this game. What gives and how can the game makers not understand that this is not right. Besides that menus are fairly generic and game overall buggy from my point of view.
It's another case of releasing a game/sim that's 50% complete and then just throwing content at it. A little far too common these days and quite off putting.

Last edited:
I find it funny how much more believable the way AMG GT3 in PCARS3 drives compared to the way you have to baby it in AMS2 with the steering inputs

It surprised me how well the 2 matched up here. Although I'm sure a PCARS3 WR lap is going to look much different.

Just watched a very good video from On The Grid about what makes AMS2 great and that we should preserve that greatness:

Back