Best Car in GT1

• Thread starter Zero
  • 642 comments
Sir? I'm a junior member :lol: Shouldn't I be calling you sir? What is your fastest time though? (Just out of interest).

I'm not really sure. I'd have to fire up gT1 to find out. I know what my fastest car is however: a [R] Viper GTS.

How heavy is your Concept Car? 600kg or 900? See, I've got a Japanese, American & European copy of GT1. Got three saves with different cars on them. mainly special models & RM'd cars. I'll need to go for that time now, if not beat it :)

Not sure how much it weighs, I got the American game though, so I guess it's 600kg. Good luck beating my time 👍.

Last edited:
I think he meant an [R] Celica GT4. You can RM a Celica GT4 and it will have a Castrol sponsorship, just like the Supra. That's how I see it anyway...

Sure I remember. Second fastest after the Concept Car. Not too keen on the GTO now, but I used to worship it when I was still small :lol:.

I believe that special version Castrol Supra GT from the Grand Valley Endurance race was pretty hype...👍

I remember the Cerbera LM it was my favorite car. Not all versions on GT1 had this car in it, some had the FTO instead. I have to say that I found that the Cerbera was the fastest, with the concept car close second.

If you had the North American version of the game the Concept Car is fastest because it's lighter. If you have other versions (Europe, Japan) the the Cerbera LM is fastest because the Concept Car is heavier. It's a silly glitch (more of a goof by PD, actually), but it makes a big difference in laptimes.

If you had the North American version of the game the Concept Car is fastest because it's lighter. If you have other versions (Europe, Japan) the the Cerbera LM is fastest because the Concept Car is heavier. It's a silly glitch (more of a goof by PD, actually), but it makes a big difference in laptimes.

Wow, i didn't know that. Dang, now i gotta update my Concept Car review with this info! I think i had the Concept as the lightest overall.

Perhaps it's not a goof? Perhaps PD wanted the Concept fastest for North America (since Dodge is American) and the Cerbera faster for Europe since TVR is English? Hmmm...

Perhaps it's not a goof? Perhaps PD wanted the Concept fastest for North America (since Dodge is American) and the Cerbera faster for Europe since TVR is English? Hmmm...

Could be....But I think it's a goof when they converted the weights from kg to lbs and vice versa...

The Mitsubishi GTO would cream any little concept car any day!!! It went up to 930hp and with R mod and everything on it, never lost a single race.

Could be....But I think it's a goof when they converted the weights from kg to lbs and vice versa...

Yeah messing up conversions seems to be something that has plagued GT all the way from GT1 to GT4. I thought the cerbera and the concept car had the same weight, and more power, but then Im in Australia so... it would be a different version again. Would verify this if I could find my GT1 disc, pulling out my hair looking for it. I really want to check out my old licence times compared to the ones on this site.

The Mitsubishi GTO would cream any little concept car any day!!! It went up to 930hp and with R mod and everything on it, never lost a single race.

On the straights, yes. But not on the corners, and certainly not in terms of laptimes ;).

-> In the Arcade Mode, I've tested each of these cars at the High Speed Ring '90s (aka. HSR GT1/2 vers) back in 1998 after I "finished the game" and heres my conclusion:

Class C - Honda Civic SiR II
Class B - Mitsubishi Eclipse (no quite so sure, since its more than 10 years ago! :ouch:)
Class A - Dodge Viper GTS

-> I havent tested any car in the Simulation Mode. :)

A more technical track like GVS or Trial Mt. would be a better place to test IMO. A fast car with not-so-good handling will set faster laptimes around HSR than a good handling car with less power. I agree that the Viper is the fastest car in Arcade Mode though, nothing beats that V10 monster!

^ Heh, heh, that was back when I was a GT Noob! That was like 10 years ago (18 y/o, now I'm 28!). I might do it again when i play GT1 again, I want to use my usual GT4 Time Attack track, Autumn Ring or SS-R11! But I think I won't be able to access Autumn Ring in GT1 Arcade mode :indiff:

Yes, the game lets you unlock Autumn Ring (full course) in Arcade Mode.

Special Stage R11 is a hidden track arcade mode track (and I'm not talking about the Hi-Res one), however.

My favourite was always the Castrol TOM'S Supra in this game but the Viper GTS-R and the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo get an honorable mention. :P

GameShark. Until I rehost my old geocities pages, I can't give a more detailed reference.

BT-> I think its the Purple-Eggplant Dodge Concept Car (aka. Copperhead).

purple_copperhead.jpeg

^ That thing is not grippy nor fast, but it was always a hoot to drive! :sly:

~> "Pop some roll-over wheelies yo!" :dopey:

BTW-> Heres a cool GT1 (GT2, GT3, & GT4) car review site!

Gran Turismo Car Reviews

:)👍

Back