Bitcoin, Altcoin and Cryptocurrency Thread

Another tweet and another jump in dogecoin today

Edit: The tweet was shortly after the one posted above.

Last edited:
I am now the proud owner of 31.32 Cardano's and 3.018.456 Shiba Inu coins. 50 euro for each batch. And good to see that Doge is going back up again. If that coin makes me financially independent, I will tattoo that funny looking dog on my arm.

So China has effectively banned the use of cryptocurrency completely. Or rather, any cryptocurrency that isn't Digital Yuan, the state-approved blockchain currency which just happens to permit tracking transactions and has no anonymity at all.

I don't know if it will have any major effects since China more or less blocked access to major crypto exchanges a couple years back, but it's still noteworthy nonetheless.

Thailand is passing regulations on cryptocurrencies. In particular, digital exchanges are prohibited from dealing with "meme" or "fan" tokens that are essentially vanity items, NFT's, and tokens issued directly by exchanges or people connected to them. Presumably this move is meant to prevent exchanges or influencers from creating their own private, easily manipulated economies by rolling their own cryptocurrencies.

Crypto is definitely bearish at the minute, and has been for a month or so now. It wouldn't surprise me if that kills a few coins, especially if they have some weak code at their core, which that Register article seems to be suggesting.

Game Show Money GIF by ABC Network

1625801724902.png

I bought 250+ million Tiger King Tokens a couple days after it launched....the wife wants me to sell them like nowwwwww and I'm like, "nuh-uh, make me!"

Jerome

Last edited:
How did you buy them? Pancakeswap?
Uniswap, we bought them when it was .0000044 IIRC. I sold them this weekend, it was slipping like most altcoins do after their 'breakout session'. I should've sold at 13k, but sold at 7k, still made 7x profit.

Jerome

If someone's dropping $50m on it, then they must know of a pump coming. Worth keeping an eye on it if you're holding

Hey guys so I'm from india and I'm using two apps for crypto trading. So I had bought a few millions of Shiba inu a few months back on one of these apps. So I want to know if, one day the devs of this app decide to call quits, will I lose all my holdings? Or is there anyway I can somehow link my holdings to any platform?

I sold some of my Shiba for a $350 ish profit two weeks ago.

I still have some that I'm holding but man I should of held what I sold. 🙃

I sold some of my Shiba for a $350 ish profit two weeks ago.

I still have some that I'm holding but man I should of held what I sold. 🙃
Writing from the perspective of someone who's only held and never sold it, you've done good to realise at least some profit. When something explodes this much, the drop at the other end can soon make losses of even the greatest margins.

Last edited:
I'd say that this only reinforces the lesson that you can't just jump on every new cryptocoin that pops up thinking you'll beat the inevitable price crash, but people were buying in with no way to sell their tokens, so... nothing learned here, I guess.
I think the vulnerability here is that people want to be able to ride the very initial wave of a new currency. Get in when it's brand new, one-thousandth of a cent per coin, then sell at 1 cent. Makes people ripe for exploitation by a currency with no evidence of viability.

To me it just reinforces my overall view of crypto, namely to never invest more than you can afford to lose instantly.

Back