Brazil Game Show 2013, What do you think will be shown.

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 652 comments
I'm mixed about the announcement.
I think it's great to have Senna back in some form on a video game but I wish it was another company who had the rights or better still no exclusive licensing, it just fractures the Comunity (Porsche being the prime example).

Time will tell.

I wonder if the actual layout of Interlagos will come to the game. Is there an opportunity to play 6hours of Spa, 6hours of Silverstone, 24h of Le mans, 6h of Brazil, 6h of Fuji... --> WEC (with the Audi R18, Peugeot 908, GT3 cars,...)?? I hope that they don't make it as a series but as simple races that you can race one by one.. Lovely!

So at the conference the only things announced were a PS3 bundle and eventual DLC of undisclosed content about Senna? That was the big news ever according to amar?

So at the conference the only things announced were a PS3 bundle and eventual DLC of undisclosed content about Senna? That was the big news according to amar?
That Translator san was there as well :sly:

I wonder if the actual layout of Interlagos will come to the game. Is there an opportunity to play 6hours of Spa, 6hours of Silverstone, 24h of Le mans, 6h of Brazil, 6h of Fuji... --> WEC (with the Audi R18, Peugeot 908, GT3 cars,...)?? I hope that they don't make it as a series but as simple races that you can race one by one.. Lovely!

love this idea

WEC Endurance Events

I'm wishing something like that in the game, some races with the LMP and others with GT3 cars

EDIT: WEC Endurance Events is "a little redundant" lol

So at the conference the only things announced were a PS3 bundle and eventual DLC of undisclosed content about Senna? That was the big news ever according to amar?

Amar didn't say it was the biggest news ever. He said this:
Well, the nacional broadcast within next 24 hours will be.. insenae.

Solid will probably make a thread, but everyone should be happy and we will have a beautiful discussion where tears will be made of joy, respect and honor.

And then this that hopefully helps people understand the announcement a little better.
It will come later as DLC and it will last long. It is part of the special partnership of Sony and Ayrton Senna Institute and Kazunori's dream come true to portray Ayrton's life and career through the game.

It will probably come in "phases", dependable of the licensing deals, at this point we only know about Senna's early years being officially announced.

However, it will not come in the launch, probably sometimes around some Spec update.

Amar didn't say it was the biggest news ever. He said this:

In the same thread people are saying he built false hype. In the conference there was nothing "insane" and right now certainly aren't "tears made of joy, respect and honor".

Lets put it this way: not a single new thing will make it to GT6 at release date and the only thing we got is a promise of a payed DLC with unknown content. No other developer does that and for a good reason, called losing credibility.

edit: this conference also confirmed GT6 won't be in a 100% finished state at release date, the time when people will judge how the game is. What was announced is a new delay and from that it seems like the game will once again be destroyed in reviews and comparisons, just like what happened with GT5.

Last edited:
In the same thread people are saying he built false hype.

Lets put it this way: not a single new thing will make it to GT6 at release date and the only thing we got is a promise of a payed DLC with unknown content. That's not "insane" and certainly aren't "tears made of joy, respect and honor".
Surely 3 years of work bore no fruit. We have new stuff, just that not all of it is making it on release :scared:

Atleast the new machines and tracks are there as well as the new physics, which will most likely change league racing for the better.

I don't think that Interlagos will be in the game right now.

Anyway, even if they do release the game with It, the timing isn't good. As I pointed out couple pages ago, Interlagos will undergo extensive renovations. Even parts of the track layout are being discussed at the moment.

And about the old external ring, I think that would be pretty much impossible to recreate It in the game. Big chunks of It no longer exists.

edit: this conference also confirmed GT6 won't be in a 100% finished state at release date, the time when people will judge how the game is. From that it seems like the game will once again be destroyed in reviews and comparisons, just like what happened with GT5.

Going that pace, I think that we won't see a GT8, or GT9.

Last edited:
So to recap, if the Brazilian Interview is right, the Senna items will be available as DLC (presumably some of the cost goes to the Ayrton Senna Institute?).
There might be a Senna Kart and a F3 car and Interlagos is confirmed.
It is likely that a 3D Senna will join Vettel, Loeb and Gordon in the game (or at least his race gear)
And PD are trying to get one of his F1 cars, but might not be able to due to FOM?

In any case I'm sold, but I really hope that PD live up to the potential that this DLC has. Getting one of his F1 cars would be the icing on the cake. Failing that, there are always the Polyphony Digital cars from GT3 that they could sneak in!

It is likely that a 3D Senna will join Vettel, Loeb and Gordon in the game (or at least his race gear)
Race gear? Fine. 3D model of Senna himself? No thanks.

PD are horrible at face modelling, as we witnessed in GT5, and for Senna to be dishonoured with an ugly modelled face that looks nothing like him would be disastrous. Oh, and for the record, Ayrton Senna has not been with us since 1994 so recording his voice would be impossible anyway.

I like the fact that the Ayrton Senna content is being saved for DLC. This allows PD to work more on it and make sure its "specially" done. If its payed DLC, I wonder if the money from will go to the institute? I'm sure it will. 👍

EDIT: Silly Strittan, the Special Events had good looking models. :P

In the same thread people are saying he built false hype. In the conference there was nothing "insane" and right now certainly aren't "tears made of joy, respect and honor".

Read what he wrote. He didn't say insane, he said insenae to hint Ayrton Senna. Did you really expect an announcement about a video game to cause you to cry? If you did you took it too literal and that isn't Amar's fault. But read around, there are a lot of people who are Ayrton Senna fans who are very happy. And the fact that this partnership will give money to the IAS is a good thing, even if PD benefits also, and something I respect. Not tears of respect and honor, because I can pick up on hyperbole.

Senna. Formula 3.
XNJFLMVpxgQ.jpg

Race gear? Fine. 3D model of Senna himself? No thanks.

PD are horrible at face modelling, as we witnessed in GT5, and for Senna to be dishonoured with an ugly modelled face that looks nothing like him would be disastrous.
Poor Jeffy.

zombiejeffgordon.gif

And about the old external ring, I think that would be pretty much impossible to recreate It in the game. Big chunks of It no longer exists.

Game Stock Car 2013 has the old Interlagos layout. They did a nice job recreating the old layout, even using old terrain data from the time that the old circuit was built. If PD can get their hands on the same data Reiza Studios used, they can do the same for GT.

I really hope that some of Brazillian domestic market cars hooks Kaz attention during his stay in São Paulo.

Perhaps we get a BDM invasion on GT series
:)

I really hope that some of Brazillian domestic market cars hooks Kaz attention during his stay in São Paulo.

Perhaps we get a BDM invasion on GT series
:)

He could take a look at Xtreme Motorsports taking place this weekend. Our scene is getting better and stronger (of course, some bad examples here and there, but overall the market is getting more mature)

To clear up any confusion of Interlagos, all Kaz said was that the track was an important part of his life and career and should be present as well. Translation (imo): we will probably be including Interlagos through DLC but we have yet to start photographing and modelling it, therefore I am not confirming it at this time and place.

If it's ever going to be in the game, which is a good chance tbqh, it will probably happen around a year from now as part of the series of Senna updates that we've been promised.

To clear up any confusion of Interlagos, all Kaz said was that the track was an important part of his life and career and should be present as well. Translation (imo): we will probably be including Interlagos through DLC but we have yet to start photographing and modelling it, therefore I am not confirming it at this time and place.

This. And being Kaz, you know, take this with a bag of salt.

I'm at BGS now. GT6 rigs looking good!

Back