Brazil Game Show 2013, What do you think will be shown.

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 652 comments
I appreciate the tie-in with the ASI, it's a good cause, but there's no big deal with having "Senna content" in the game. It really can't add much to the game, especially when compared to cars, tracks and progress in gameplay. "It will be possible to play as Senna in the game", what can that even do for you? Unlike a FIFA or NBA game, there are no playable characters in racing games, as it's you behind the wheel, depending directly on your own abilities and not Senna's. Maybe if you play as Senna you'll be able to try reckless overtakes and be able to crash out championship rivals with no consequences. Lovely.

As far as I understand, Senna's likeness can give the game some new helmets/suits and maybe a specially modeled "Senna" AI/B-spec driver, not much more.

Let's hope you're wrong... or right?

What are you digging at?

Explanation?

Do you remember Polphonys use of the Top Gear license?

Do you remember Polphonys use of Sebastian Vettel?

Do you remember Polphonys use of Jeff Gordon?

Do you remember Polphonys use of Sebastian Loeb?

Do you remember Polphonys use of the WRC license?

Do you remember Polphonys use of the NASCAR license?

Not to mention the fact that nothing of real importance has been announced yet. I don't know, maybe you're keen to drive as Senna, but it holds no interest to me (other than in replays, how would you even know and even if you did, what difference would it make?). I'm waiting to hear about the cars and confirmation of Interlagos.

"According to a report by Brazilian news site Globo, it will be possible to play as Senna in the game. The official announcement also confirms that players will be able to “trace the roots of Ayrton Senna’s racing career”.

Although no specifics were mentioned..."

Did he not drive cars in his career? Would driving the cars he drove be completely unrelated to him? Did I call him a manufacturer?
That has nothing to do with Senna's likeness though. I'd want a Lotus 97T or a McLaren MP4/4 whether "Senna" is implemented in the game or not, same thing with a Ralt RT3 or anything else he drove. The licensing for those cars has nothing to do with Senna either.

We've had four F1 cars in GT3 that Senna drove, as well as the NSX in every GT game, with no explicit Senna content. PD should be trying to get such cars into the game regardless of whether they have a deal for "Senna's likeness" or not.

I missed where you said 'likeness' and read it as Senna association. Yeah, his actual likeness probably won't add that much to the experience. I guess we'll see how they implement it and if it's as cheesy as Jeff Gordon. I think they learned from GT5 mistakes so hopefully that is an area that is improved.

If they want to make us feel like Ayrton Senna the best thing they can do is put us in his car on tracks he raced. Driving fast in a fast car on a circuit is the best way. But we will see what they implement.

Kaz mentioned he's not sure how far we'll be able to go into Senna's career since the Ayrton Senna Foundation strangely only has the rights of his image until 1987 (his words). But that at least includes four years in Formula one, including Toleman and JPS/Camel Lotus that become possibilities. He didn't rule out anything 1988 and beyond though, so who knows. Not sure if T10's deal with McLaren (if it is even a real deal or not) has any impact on whether Senna's McLarens make it into the game.

Kaz mentioned he's not sure how far we'll be able to go into Senna's career since the Ayrton Senna Foundation strangely only has the rights of his image until 1987 (his words). But that at least includes four years in Formula one, including Toleman and JPS/Camel Lotus that become possibilities. He didn't rule out anything 1988 and beyond though, so who knows. Not sure if T10's deal with McLaren (if it is even a real deal or not) has any impact on whether Senna's McLarens make it into the game.

The M23 you mean? That is a movie tie-in, IIRC. ;)

Is there going to be announcements of features with actual substance in this conference?

GT5 pulled the same stunt with Vettel, Loeb and Gordon in GT5 and those features were mediocre. I don't see any reason to assume this won't be the case for GT6 if PD doesn't announce any details beyond using Senna's name.

But those six drivers had a farily equivalent equipment. As for Schumacher side, not much. Except in 96 and 97, he always drove a car that could make him champion.

You are using this argument about machinery to support Fangio? Fangio always drove for the teams with the best car. Even if it involved changing teams mid-season.

Until some actual details are given by PD, I'm not impressed by the announcement. Getting to use Senna as a skin is utterly worthless. PD Seriously needs to get their act together... It's been far too quiet on the news front since E3.

Until some actual details are given by PD, I'm not impressed by the announcement. Getting to use Senna as a skin is utterly worthless. PD Seriously needs to get their act together... It's been far too quiet on the news front since E3.

Absolutely.

So, imo its useless to say its useless since no specific details were given. :dopey:

"According to a report by Brazilian news site Globo, it will be possible to play as Senna in the game. The official announcement also confirms that players will be able to “trace the roots of Ayrton Senna’s racing career"

Senna Kart racing it is then.

So... we should stop speculating? :sly:

Where did that come from? I'm not sure what you are trying to say. The thread title calls for speculation. I speculated and then you quoted me to say that I'm speculating. I really lost you somewhere.

Any anon coming across this would easily take it as confirmation.

Confirmations/facts usually come with a link/source. I just don't think it's necessary to add "I think that" when the thread itself calls for speculation.

I explained, someone coming across this will think "Airten Senner kartin comfirmd 1" when all that's been announced is some form of Senna-related DLC.

Great news. This is probably the only DLC I can get behind. But I'm afraid that PD won't make it justice.

I have my doubts if interlagos would be in the Formula One circus today if Ayrton Senna were a middle to back F1 driver, and not the succesfull driver he was...

Oh, It will. F1 circus loves Brazil because he have women and picanha steaks. And, believe me, It's true. The parties that they do, when the race is over are amazing.

Never forget the 2007 Kimi's celebrations. :)

Kaz mentioned he's not sure how far we'll be able to go into Senna's career since the Ayrton Senna Foundation strangely only has the rights of his image until 1987 (his words). ...

Strange, considering the picture featured on the PS3 SE Edition (supposedly carefully chosen) must be from 1993. Unless it’s a placeholder of course...:sly:

Well, obviously, as we don't have any actual info.

Actually we have some info.

Gran-Turismo Official Site
... a long term partnership with the "Ayrton Senna Institute"...

... content involving Brazil's legendary racing driver Ayrton Senna will be distributed through a series of online updates ...

So it’s safe to expect a little more than this iconic racing helmet.

Buy the way, the logo displayed behind Vivianne Senna during her on stage appearance (also on the PS3 box mock-up) mentions “20 years”. I can imagine this refers to 1994 Ayrton’s tragic loss. (please don’t shoot me; I know, pure speculation;))

So I expect 2014 will be the year where this tremendous announcement will make tangible sense.

Just not looking forward to how badly they'll mess up the sounds on the F1 cars...
I mean I don't really care about the V8s on the Ferrari's (lie), but if they mess up the Honda V10 and V12...

I think we'll just get F3 cars etc at first, and probably the Lotus 99T.

Last edited:
Back