Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 6,024 comments
My taste in guns has been influenced pretty heavily by CoD4. AK47, M4, especially the R700. But the biggest influence of all isn't actually a firearm. Older people still make fun of me, but I want a red dot. On my shotgun. :lol:

As I said couple pages ago, I ended up getting a Remington 870 Tactical? When I was playing CoD4, I had to go use a shotgun after that, but I realized that the shotgun in CoD4 looks like a Mossberg, not a Remington. Mossberg one has a distinctive(and very cool) heat shield on the barrel.

Anyway, you are right, rifle's are expensive, one of the reasons why I went with a shotgun for now. :crazy: Iwould like to own a nice one one of these days, but again, it probably would be something from CoD4, most likely the M4/AR15 variant, AK47 or R700. :P

I'd like an M1A, FAL or G3. Something along those lines. I also like the look of an AK74 with the plum furniture and a synthetic mag. Oddly the AK is the cheapest of the bunch.

I'd like an M1A, FAL or G3. Something along those lines. I also like the look of an AK74 with the plum furniture and a synthetic mag. Oddly the AK is the cheapest of the bunch.
We are on the same page on AK47. :D

I actually forgot about the my #1 pick, just because it's also one of the most expensive: M14

I sure didn't like it in the game, as it's a semi-auto, but in real life, that's all you can have anyway. :dopey:

I don't understand why the M1A and similar rifles are so expensive. Looking at a new springfield armory M1A you're looking at twice the price of a brand new arsenal AK.

:lol:

I don't know, bro. Sounds like Black Ops' getting hacked next!

Coming from someone who knows how to "hack", well in games its really not hacking but modding. I don't go online and mod, I like doing certain mods in single player just because it makes the game kind of fun, like being able to jump 30 feet or not having to reload. When I got BO's I hooked up my transfer cable and started trying to poke around and see what I could find, they have done a damn good job of securing this game. They actually have a "cheat proof" type of system built into the game to detect when people mod it, it then reports back to them and they look into it and then you get banned, forever. Its not easy to mod in this game, and when you do its something stupid like I had modded my clan tags color and also modded the aim assist to work about 30% better (online) and I was banned that same day. I modded the GPD files and went online with another account that I had a 48hour code on just to see if the system they have bragged about really worked or not, I wasn't on there on my LEGION account and cheating, it was just to check out the system. And guess what, the system works. I don't see Treyarch's game getting modded like past games, and if someone does find a work around the system they have Treyacrch will jump right on it and fix, and then ban everyone so they can't play BO's any longer. The theater mode they have in helps with cheating as well, you watch the after if you think someone was boosting etc. and see them and report them, its handy.

And on the gun issue, I will stick with my 30-06, the AK never jams and is very affordable, but I can't legally own it here so there is no point in even looking at it. I have a Winchester 30-06 and a Mossberg 935 12 gauge, neither gun has ever given me a single problem and I wouldn't take any gun over either of them. When I got the shotgun people were trying to talk me into getting Benelli, not only are they super expensive but they are just crap guns. If you want the most expensive piece of crap you will ever buy then go get one.

Last edited:
Nice video, Sharky. I wish we could get full-auto AK47s here. :D

And guys, I like talking guns. Follow me.

Coming from someone who knows how to "hack", well in games its really not hacking but modding. I don't go online and mod, I like doing certain mods in single player just because it makes the game kind of fun, like being able to jump 30 feet or not having to reload. When I got BO's I hooked up my transfer cable and started trying to poke around and see what I could find, they have done a damn good job of securing this game. They actually have a "cheat proof" type of system built into the game to detect when people mod it, it then reports back to them and they look into it and then you get banned, forever. Its not easy to mod in this game, and when you do its something stupid like I had modded my clan tags color and also modded the aim assist to work about 30% better (online) and I was banned that same day. I modded the GPD files and went online with another account that I had a 48hour code on just to see if the system they have bragged about really worked or not, I wasn't on there on my LEGION account and cheating, it was just to check out the system. And guess what, the system works. I don't see Treyarch's game getting modded like past games, and if someone does find a work around the system they have Treyacrch will jump right on it and fix, and then ban everyone so they can't play BO's any longer. The theater mode they have in helps with cheating as well, you watch the after if you think someone was boosting etc. and see them and report them, its handy.
Thanks for the information, and your insights break. 👍 I have to ask you though, what do you think of this PSN/PS3 getting hacked, as a whole network/system, as it was mentioned earlier the hackers(or modders) have them figured out? Could this be the same thing as CoD4 & MW2? They are getting hacked like crazy on PSN, but apparently not on XBL. Couldn't the same thing happen on PSN?

You can own anything you want if you have enough money and the proper license. That thread you link to is 4+ years old. Make a new one or maybe a group.

What are you playing now that COD4 has been hacked? Have you tried MW2? Is it just as bad now?

You can own anything you want if you have enough money and the proper license. That thread you link to is 4+ years old. Make a new one or maybe a group.
I just posted in it. I know it's old, but go green, come on. :lol:

Yeah, I've read & heard that you can own full-auto, but you have to have a Class III license. As I'm not a U.S. Citizen, I'm pretty sure they won't let me have it. Even if they did, I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle. I'm sure there are a lot of hoops I'd be required to jump through.
What are you playing now that COD4 has been hacked? Have you tried MW2? Is it just as bad now?
Message board on the youtube vid breakpoint posted, people are claiming that it is nearly as bad on MW2(on PSN). I don't want to get your hopes up or anything, but........ I might...... I might reconsider Black Ops.

Haven't you been here in the states for many years? I'm sure becoming a citizen would be worth it unless you plan on moving back to J-land any time soon.

I assumed MW2 would be bad. I haven't played anything online in about two weeks now but it still makes me sad to think I couldn't even if I wanted to.

You should def buy black ops though. I'm telling you...

Haven't you been here in the states for many years? I'm sure becoming a citizen would be worth it unless you plan on moving back to J-land any time soon.
Nah, I love it here, I'm never going back. I realized that I have to renew my Japanese passport this summer, and obtaining U.S. Citizenship did cross my mind. As a permanent resident, I am almost a Citizen in a sense(Social Security, taxes, etc.). I think I will apply for citizenship in a very near future.
You should def buy black ops though. I'm telling you...
You keep telling me. :lol:

Nice video, Sharky. I wish we could get full-auto AK47s here. :D

And guys, I like talking guns. Follow me.

Thanks for the information, and your insights break. 👍 I have to ask you though, what do you think of this PSN/PS3 getting hacked, as a whole network/system, as it was mentioned earlier the hackers(or modders) have them figured out? Could this be the same thing as CoD4 & MW2? They are getting hacked like crazy on PSN, but apparently not on XBL. Couldn't the same thing happen on PSN?

The way the mods are implemented is much more difficult on xbl because you need more than you do on PSN. On PSN all the kid has to do is download a file, place it on a usb stick and that is it, no skill or knowledge about anything is needed. On xbl you need a transfer cable, a hex editor and knowledge of hex editing or a similar program, and knowledge of how to mod it. So, on xbl its not a huge concern because its way more involved than it is on the PSN. The entire PSN system is safe, its not wide open, they won't be doing anything to your profile or getting free items or anything like that so no worries. But, they will be ruining COD4 and MW2 forever because they aren't going to fix any security flaws in those games, they never fixed any of the issues with MW2 which is why I sold the game for a whopping 13 dollars, and I had the hardened edition...

Sometimes I think I'd like to live abroad. Maybe even become a teacher. I just don't have the drive to learn another language.

So when are you buying black ops? :)

The way the mods are implemented is much more difficult on xbl because you need more than you do on PSN. On PSN all the kid has to do is download a file, place it on a usb stick and that is it, no skill or knowledge about anything is needed. On xbl you need a transfer cable, a hex editor and knowledge of hex editing or a similar program, and knowledge of how to mod it. So, on xbl its not a huge concern because its way more involved than it is on the PSN. The entire PSN system is safe, its not wide open, they won't be doing anything to your profile or getting free items or anything like that so no worries. But, they will be ruining COD4 and MW2 forever because they aren't going to fix any security flaws in those games, they never fixed any of the issues with MW2 which is why I sold the game for a whopping 13 dollars, and I had the hardened edition...
On modding, that is the impression that I was getting. These kids were acting literally retarded in the matches. They just sit there, spamming their infinite grenade launchers, etc. I figured that these kids weren't real bright in real life.

So I understand this correctly, CoD4, MW2, Black Ops, they can be prone to modding. But Black Ops, they did a better job of making things harder for mods, and studio is actually active on trying to keep out the mods? Does that sound right?

So I understand this correctly, CoD4, MW2, Black Ops, they can be prone to modding. But Black Ops, they did a better job of making things harder for mods, and studio is actually active on trying to keep out the mods? Does that sound right?

Yes. On COD4, WaW, and MW2 the game was pretty much wide open to mod. WaW wasn't really wide open like IW's titles just because Treyarch does things a little different, but compared to BO's those titles are just wide open. They did a great job on the anti cheat system that is in BO's. Even people that do things like glitches to get unlocked items early or things like that get banned, those people get banned for a few days and not permanently like the modders, and they also get reset.

I just played a few TDMs on my fake gold cross account. With the exception of lag, everything went fine. Just played a few, got the hell out. :D

I just played a few TDMs on my fake gold cross account. With the exception of lag, everything went fine. Just played a few, got the hell out. :D

I've been wary of playing CoD4 since you posted that your account was altered by all the hacking going on in the game, and didn't really want to be involved in lobbies where everyone is shooting infinite rounds and flying all over the place, but really wanted to play it. So i tried it last night and with the exception of one game where some dude was constantly firing off noob tube after noob tube, i didn't come across anything else untoward. I don't mind quiting out just a couple of games a night, so as long as it keeps at this level of hacking, i'll keep on playing.

Back